Sophie's Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
31st Oct 2017

I loved this hostel, and would completely stay here again. The bathrooms... omg. They’re good. The staff were cool as. Very clean. The breakfasts were yum: you pay, but they can fill you up for most of the day. I stayed in a 10-bed dorm, and did not feel too cramped at all. Owners own this one, Czech Inn, and Sir Toby’s I think. I liked the location and the wifi in this one, which is arguably better than the other two. Lots of brochures and knowledgeable staff. Good social barNot a party hostel.

Dear Guest, thank you so much for leaving us such an awesome feedback! We are more than happy that you liked Sophie's so much. Especially our breakfast team will be happy to hear about your lovely words. Thank you very much for choosing Sophie's while staying in Prague! We truly hope we can welcome you again one day. Enjoy travelling and be safe! All the best from Prague, Sophie's Hostel team

Hostel HOMEr, Prague, Czech Republic
7.4
28th Oct 2017

Good enough hostel. Perfect location, just off Wenceslas and Old Town Squares. Really clean bathrooms, rooms cleaned daily. I hope the staff get paid enough coz they work hard. Wifi poor. Cash only (which I see as a con). Not a great atmosphere (you’re not allowed to hang out in the hostel before checkin or after checkout). Small details like powerpoint availability and working lightbulbs were not seen to, which made it seem like a lesser hostel than most. I preferred Sophie’s Hostel by a mile.

15th Oct 2017

I can’t give any hostel in Venice a high rating in terms of value for money; they’re all dear. That said, this was the cheapest of the four I stayed at (Generator, L’Imbarcadero, Alle Botte). My fave location in a less touristy part of town. Best sized lockers of any hostel I’ve stayed at. Wi-fi in some dorms sucks, though. Beautiful historic building. Clean and comfy overall. Would totally stay again. Generator was my fave hostel in Venice, but this one had a better location and price.

Generator Venice, Venice, Italy
14th Oct 2017

I can’t give any hostel in Venice a high rating in terms of value for money; they’re all dear. That said, this was my fave hostel out of the four I tried. It’s on Giudecca, an island off the main islands of Venice; as such, you need to include the somewhat overpriced cost of a waterbus into the price of your bed. But Giudecca’s a real cool island to get to know, where you can talk to some of the locals. Best common area I’ve seen in a long while. Clean and comfy! I’ll stay again most likely.

L' Imbarcadero, Venice, Italy
6.9
20th Sep 2017

I can’t give any hostel in Venice a high rating in terms of value for money; they’re all dear. Good location (but all the hostels I stayed in had a great location; Venice is so small that just about anywhere is good). Staff keep the place clean, but a bathroom needs a real deep clean to remove the shower mould; also, while the bed sheets were changed daily, some of the duvets were not changed from guest to guest when the hostel was short. Average common area. My least fave hostel of 4 in Venice

Alle Botte, Venice, Italy
13th Sep 2017

I can’t give any hostel in Venice a high rating in terms of value for money; they’re all dear. That said, I loved the location of Alle Botte (NB: in Google it’s called Apartamento Alle Botte). Clean. The manager was great, with good advice. It’s a quiet hostel, so just expect that - but it’s a nice set-up. I got a bit bitten by mosquitoes, and my roommate got eaten alive. Given the amount of reviews outlining this problem, I’d hope the owners fix the netting on their windows asap. Comfy beds.

The Tent Munich, Munich, Germany
12th Sep 2017

The two staff members who were on reception when I arrived (I don't know their names, sorry!) were really helpful. I had some trouble with some train ticket fares, and they gave me some realistic advice and helped me see what I could do in a last ditch attempt. It was a cold Munich night when I stayed there, but I was given five blankets (def needed them) so I was fine. Great campfire setting. Good canteen. Would choose it again (especially during summer). Clean showers. Wifi patchy in big tent

Auberge NOLA Hostel, New Orleans, USA
6th Aug 2017

I enjoyed my stay here. Most social hostel of the three I tried in NOLA, with nightly hostel-run events. Clean. Really close to the tram/car for easy access to other areas, but well positioned to explore the area this hostel is in. The staff were super helpful with suggestions, and all very friendly. Lockers only fit carry-on, if that's something that matters to you. Really nice chill-out areas if you want some quiet time. Owner set up GoT on a projector screen for a few of us coz there's HBOgo

Thanks for such a lovely review, I'm glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable and help you see the best that NOLA has to offer!

Garden District House, New Orleans, USA
7.7
4th Aug 2017

Nothing wrong with the place. Good value for money (in the US; globally, no). 8-bed dorm I was in could have done with more ventilation. Lockers were very thin, and would only fit your carry-on (but that's the same as Auberge hostel). I don't quite understand the 9-star rating... in my opinion this hostel is fine, but other 9-star ones in NOLA are in better locations / have better lockers / are more social / are more nicely appointed. Really good info on local tours here, though. Great breakfast

The Quisby, New Orleans, USA
30th Jul 2017

I extended my stay by a day, and will stay there again before I go. Possibly the cleanest hostel I've stayed in so far (I leave a hostel without a refund if I feel it's not up to scratch), and I've stayed in a fair few. Definitely worth the slight increase in price on some of the other hostels. Right next to the street car so perfect for French Quarter or Garden District access. Every staff member was great and friendly. Not as social as some other joints but has a sweet bar so just be proactive

Thanks Since your stay we've introduced weekly pub crawls, food pop-ups, and more events and outings to help our guests hang and meet each other. Thanks for letting us know how everything went, we hope to see you soon!

Circus Hostel&Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
28th Jul 2017

This wasmy second stay. Loked it again - staff were super helpful. Clean hostel. I stayed in a four-bed dorm both times: nice and spacious. Lockers git my 75L luggage is plus my 10L backpack, and a few extra things. Not ar from really nice places to eat. Would stay again. One of the nicer hostels I've stayed in thus far

Portal del Sur, Buenos Aires, Argentina
26th Jul 2017

I really liked Portal Del Sur. Met loads of cool people here; the staff were really cool. Loved the rooftop bar as a place to hang. Would stay herr again

Hi there, hope you're doing great! Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that you loved to stay with us! It was lovely to meet you and let us tell you that you're always welcome at the hostel and we want to see you again asap! Safe travels & have fun!

El Galope Horse Farm, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
18th Jul 2017

El Galope was exactly what I was expecting and needed: a retreat from everything to rest and reflect on my travels this far. I went in winter and loved it - I'm sure summer would be great, too. Monica and Miguel were hospitable and accommodating, and dropped me off in the nearby township, on one of their errands. I liked the breakfast provided (bread, oats and egg). I had a bunk room to myself so it didn't matter that there wasn't a locker in the room. Reasonable price. You can see the stars :)

Thank you for your coment and rating. Perhaps you did not remark there was a small locker in the room. Each room is for two guests only has a locker for each of the guests, It was nice to have you here. All the best MIguel and Monica

Portal del Sur, Buenos Aires, Argentina
7th Jul 2017

I ended up booking an extra night during my stay because I was quite happy to stay there again. This place had the best sized lockers out of four hostels I stayed at in BA (Ostinatto, America del sur, and Circus). I was able to fit my 75L rolly bag and 10L carry on with a bit of room to hang wet towels or dry clothes on the hang space provided within. Great rooftop bar. Nice staff. I actually came to stay again a week later. Close to San Telmo and easy access to public transport for other areas.

Hi there, hope you're doing great! Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us and came back! It was lovely to meet you and let us tell you that you're always welcome to the hostel and we want to see you again asap! Safe travels & have fun!

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2nd Jul 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at ADS. The walking tours were nice and social, and I would catch up later with the people I met on those tours. The staff were, every single one, lovely and helpful. Good kitchen. Great common areas. The shared dorms aren't as roomy as some other hostels, but did the trick. Close to a lot of things like supermercados and eateries. Good tip-offs to social events. Nice tv / sound system in the basement. Cleaned daily. Nothing too fancy all round; I'd stay there again.

Thank you so much for the review!! We enjoyed having you here and hope you can come another time :)

Ostinatto Hostel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
6.6
29th Jun 2017

All the staff were lovely and helpful. I was booked in for three days but left after the first night: the hot water was taking forever in the showers, the bathrooms could've done with a solid clean, and the bed/pillow wasn't the cleanest (but the sheets etc they gave me were fine). The owner assured me that the hot water was getting fixed that afternoon, but I had already booked a place nearby because I'd already gone one night without. The owner gave me an extra half-day refund - good of him.

Anne Hostel Yokozuna, Tokyo, Japan
19th Jun 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here - the place always felt clean and well-kept; you can have a really good night's sleep. Note, the lockers provided only fit your carry-on; everyone's main luggage was usually beside their beds, so I'd definitely recommend padlocks. Staff were always really helpful; when I checked out they let me keep my luggage in the luggage locker by reception, so I could enjoy the day with a lighter load before fully moving on. So many eateries near at hand. Nearby onsen: try it.

Backpackers Fuji, Narita City, Japan
7.7
12th Jun 2017

Fine place to stay - I stayed on a Monday so there weren't a bunch of people there, but I was just looking for a bed that night. I think it's a perfect location to explore Narita, which seemed like a lovely area. The lockers would have fit my 18L backpack, but were far too small for my actual luggage. The beds were fine for me (albeit a little hard). But they weren't long beds, so if you're tall I'd ask them if they have an appropriately sized bed before you book.

×