Location USA, Gender Female, Age 29

DREAM House hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
24th Oct 2017

Absolutely wonderful. I had an amazing stay here. Very clean, welcoming, and safe. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. The girl at the front desk drew me a walking tour on a map and helped me see the city in less than 5 hours. I would go back here in a heartbeat. One of the best experiences I’ve ever had at a hostel.

Stay Inn Taksim Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
21st Oct 2017

Decent hostel. The bathrooms were not clean but I made due with what it was. The shower stall was moldy and the floor was always covered in water to be specific. However, the staff was super friendly and the location was perfect.

Old City Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
5.4
17th Oct 2017

Do not stay here! The hostel manager is not to be trusted. I booked this hostel for 11 days instead of 4 days by mistake. I emailed the hostel 3 weeks before my stay explaining what happened and never heard back. When I checked in, the receptionist informed me I would need to pay for 11 days regardless. This is in violation of Hostel world’s cancellation policy. The manager refused to accept this. He harassed me for my entire stay pressuring me to pay the extra money. I felt very unsafe. SCAM.

×