Location USA, Gender Female, Age 27

6.3
13th Mar 2018

Although the beds are clean, the bar deals are OK, & the location is close to the Tube, my stay here wasn't great. The hostel is above a loud pub where the party doesn't start till after 12AM. The room was hot, so we couldn't close the window to block noise. This, & a door lock alarm that goes off when the door isn't shut perfectly & noisy roommates means I didn't sleep for 3 solid nights. The showers and halls were dirty, and there's no common area but the bar. Could be worse, could be better.

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We would firstly like to apologize for any noise disturbance from the bar downstairs, we host live music 7 nights a week and are aware of this issue. We do offer free ear plugs and are currently working on ways to soundproof the rooms. We appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness of the hallways, please know we are speaking with our housekeeping team to ensure this issue is rectified. We hope you enjoyed your time in London and we wish you safe travels!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
Sir Toby's Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
1st Mar 2018

Just stay here, trust me. Comfy beds w/outlets, awesome vintage vibe, huge, powerful showers, amazing staff who had great advice, cheap, chill bar, good WiFi, quizzes & Harry Potter night, massive cheap breakfast, discount tram tickets... They let me stay in a nicer room my 1st night because I couldn't climb bunks due to an injury & handled my group's super disorganized booking. This place has everything. It's much more than just a place to sleep. My friends and I had the time of our lives!

21st Feb 2018

This hostel's greatness is hard to digest at first, but its amenities aren't paltry (hi José!). José leads the social life and is a great guy. We went out several nights and I met so many fun people. The rooms are safe, clean, and comfy, the WiFi is great, and the showers are perfect. The common room and kitchen are nice, and there's proper coffee for free. Plenty of charging ports and storage. The common room closes too early, but I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Dubrovnik.

CroParadise Green Hostel, Split, Croatia
15th Feb 2018

This is a nice hostel with clean, comfy bedrooms, TVs with thousands of shows & films, good kitchen facilities, decent WiFi & super nice staff. They let me change rooms because the first one had a window into the kitchen & was very loud. They also gave great tips about the city & printed my train ticket. Unfortunately the showers go cold quickly, nobody ever shut the flat or room doors, & I think each locker used the same key. Great location just outside of Old Town. I would stay here again.

Euro Youth Hostel, Munich, Germany
3rd Feb 2018

Great bar, comfy beds, ok WIFI, plugs and little shelves by each bed, big lockers, super helpful staff. The room was really hot and smokers outside made me not want to crack the window, but otherwise this was a great place and I definitely recommend it.

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
7.4
1st Feb 2018

It was ok. Decent wifi, comfy beds. I thought people were exaggerating about the showers but they were so tiny. I'm only 5ft & had trouble. Clearance between top & bottom bunk is small so you can't sit up. Key cards were dodgy but lockers were good.10 is too early to check out & they make you pay €5 to sleep in. Staff were nice & gave me a free coffee when my room wasn't ready and extra dryer tokens when my clothes wouldn't dry. Another guest made me feel unsafe but that's not the hostel's fault

Dear guest, thank you for giving us feedback and constructive criticism, it helps us to improve our services. We truly regret that you didn't like our showers. Unfortunately, reconstruction restrictions didn't allow for proper shower installations since this hostel is a historic building. We hope for your understanding. Kind regards, Subir Kundu Front Office Manager

Homeport Hostel, Hamburg, Germany
28th Jan 2018

Homeport is a nice hostel close to Altona station. No real common area, but the beds are comfy, the showers are great, the WIFI is good, and they let you use toiletries left by previous guests, which is both nice and environmentally friendly. I was there in the low season. If it was busier sleeping next to the kitchen would have been rough. The main improvement that could be made: lockers in the rooms. The owner is flexible and understanding, and he let me leave my luggage after checking out.

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
24th Jan 2018

I was actually here for 2 weeks because I didn't want to leave! This hostel has everything. 4-6 bed rooms, plug sockets, comfy beds, ok WIFI, friendly reception (who I'm sure got tired of me checking back in!), shampoo, soap, towels, nice bathrooms, great location right by the trains, a pool, an ok restaurant & bar (only go for convenience. There's better food nearby), it's own little gallery, and a cat! 2 tips: check online if staff says they're sold out, and a kitchen would be great. 9+/10

Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
4th Dec 2017

This hostel is fine for a short stay in Cork. The kitchen facilities are adequate and clean. Check out time is generous, and the staff is helpful and friendly. There are enough plug sockets for each bed, and the rooms are mostly clean, but I'm not sure they wash the duvet covers and the sheets are a bit itchy. I don't like the push button showers, but the temperature is fine. The live music nights and drink discounts at the bar are nice. Loud, rude guests, but that's not the hostel's fault.

Woodquay Hostel Galway City, Galway, Ireland
4.9
24th Nov 2017

Bring your shower shoes and low expectations. The staff at this hostel is pretty friendly, and they offer discount tours, but those are the only positive things. There's no security or lockers for luggage, just a pile of luggage in the lobby for staff to watch. Too few plug sockets and rooms have keys, not cards, that you have to leave at the desk before leaving the hostel. Only 2 showers and 2 toilets in the building. Filthy floors, carpets and bathrooms. Freezing cold. Cash only. Won't return.

Ashfield Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
23rd Nov 2017

It's the little things that make this hostel great. Comfortable beds, secure luggage cages, a decent kitchen, fantastic location, and incredibly helpful staff made Ashfield Hostel the best I've stayed in. I stayed in both the 18 Bed dorm, which was surprisingly comfortable, and the 6 bed dorm. Both were ensuite, with enough showers and toilets for everyone, and every bed has plug sockets and USB sockets. I met some awesome people in this hostel, and I'll stay there again without hesitation.

×