Location USA, Gender Female, Age 27

JUCY Snooze Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand
23rd Jan 2018

This hostel is an easy 15-minute walk from the airport terminal, so it was a convenient place to stay the night before my flight. I loved the common area with tons of hammocks and comfy places to sit, and the wifi was fast. The sleeping pods seemed like a cool idea, but mine was really hot and poorly ventilated and the fan didn't work well--so I actually got a pretty lousy night of sleep. With better ventilation in the bedrooms/pods, this place would be perfect.

Noah's Ark Backpackers, Greymouth, New Zealand
22nd Jan 2018

There's not much to do in Greymouth, so this hostel was a nice comfy oasis to stay in for the night. There are beautiful wrap-around porches on both floors, and there's a nice backyard with some people tent camping. It was a solid place to recharge and get some rest.

Glow Worm Accommodation, Franz Josef, New Zealand
21st Jan 2018

I loved my stay at this hostel. It's in a beautiful, quiet location, close to everything in town. It had some of the fastest wifi I had during my time in New Zealand. There are nice, cozy common areas, and it was easy to meet people. A solid choice for a night in Franz Josef.

YHA Wanaka Purple Cow, Wanaka, New Zealand
20th Jan 2018

This hostel is in a great location, a close walk to everything you'd need in Wanaka. I loved the view of the park, beach, and mountains from the hostel front porch. There's a parking lot in front, and plenty of street parking nearby. It was a solid, basic, clean place to spend the night. There were a bunch of people using the kitchen and common areas, but it still felt a bit impersonal and wasn't easy to meet people as a solo traveler.

Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
18th Jan 2018

This hostel is right in the middle of things in downtown Queenstown. My room had a beautiful view of the park and the water. I got a bottom bunk, which meant I had a double bed--very comfy, and a first for me in a hostel. I was solo traveling there on a weekend and met a bunch of great people in the common area in the evening. Only drawback is parking (which is a pain anywhere in Queenstown and not unique to this hostel)--I had to park a 10-minute walk away in the middle of the busy season.

Hey, thank you very much for your great review! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you managed to get that double bottom bunk, always a win when that happens! The views are certainly incredible from the hostel, we certainly never get bored of them. Unfortunately due to our premier location in the town center, parking is something that we are unable to offer. With the growing popularity of Queenstown as a tourist destination the parking problem has been an ongoing issue for everyone. However we always try our best to provide advice on the best places to find somewhere to park. Once again thank you for taking time to leave a review and we hope to welcome you back one day!

LakeFront Backpackers Lodge, Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
17th Jan 2018

This is a very busy campground that also operates a hostel. The kitchen/common area were bustling, but most people were doing their own thing, so it wasn't easy to meet people as a solo traveler. Wifi costs extra ($5 for 1GB, if I remember correctly). I liked that the lodge had a beautiful view of the lake/beach and was right by the trailhead to Mt. John Observatory, making the hike super easy to do in an evening.

×