This hostel is committed to following WHO and local government guidelines for Covid-19 sanitation. This includes increased cleaning routines, better hygiene measures and social distancing when required.
Free WiFi

Laekur Hostel

Free Cancellation Book more than 4 days in advance for Free Cancellation.

7.4
Very Good
Great Location
Fantastic Cleanliness

Property Description

Nordic style rooms and dorms near the center of Reykjavík in Laugardalur. Laekur hostel is located in a quiet area by the center of Reykjavík city. Only a few steps away from Laugardalur, the green river valley of the city. Our name Laekur refers to Lækur which is a small river or a stream in Icelandic. The Laugardalur area is the ancient geothermal hotspot of the city. A hidden geothermal stream runs under the street outside our house.

We are in one of the most privileged and nicest areas of the city, near to some of the finest landmarks and attractions of the city such as Laugardalsvollur Stadium, The Icelandic Phallological Museum, National Museum of Iceland and Sólfarið - Sun Voyager, amongst other renowned spots of the city.

We have Nordic style rooms for families, couples and individuals as well as dorms for 4-8 persons. Bathrooms and kitchen are shared guest facilities. Free WiFi internet is in every room. In addition, we also have several common areas where the guests and travellers will be able to get together and exchange past experiences and future plans.

Reviews & Ratings

Guests

Latest Reviews

Superb
Jan 14, 2023
Super friendly and flexible staff. When we arrived it turned out there was a problem with room in the dorm we were immediately offered guest room accommodation. Great standard, looks far on the map but it is really just a 15 min walk. Great facilities, clean and quiet.
Female, 41+
Fabulous
Jan 06, 2023
I'd rate this hostel. Not super sociable and a little out of the city centre, but there's a bus stop right outside and it's not that far. The 'reception' (cafe) was closed but it was fine. The kitchen was fully equipped, plenty of everything n even a dishwasher! Showers were very nice. Comfy beds, sockets, shelves and lights (so many hostels don't have these basic things!). Staff were nice when we needed help. Very warm and cosy. No lockers in room but we're outside of rooms n you can rent locks
All Female Group, 18-24
6.3
Good
Nov 19, 2022
No staff onsite. I had a problem with a guy staying at the hostel, he was making unwanted comments towards me & another female staying there. There was no staff on site to report to. Just a phone number - no one answered. He was always hovering around the showers, made comments to me when I got out of the shower & I was in my towel heading back to my room. My last night I was alone in my dorm room and felt extremely comfortable, to the point where I wedged a chair behind the door.
Female, 31-40

• Airport Transfers
    • Towels for hire
    • Housekeeping
    • Late check-out
    • Reception (limited hours)
  • Food & Drink