This hostel is committed to following WHO and local government guidelines for Covid-19 sanitation. This includes increased cleaning routines, better hygiene measures and social distancing when required.
Free WiFi
Free Breakfast

Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites

Free Cancellation Book more than 2 days in advance for Free Cancellation.

8.4
Fabulous
2610 Total Reviews
Perfect Location
Superb Staff
Excellent Cleanliness

Property Description

* Please note that the listed prices do not include taxes (16%).
**Please note: You must let us know before 18:00 (6 pm) the day before your arrival if you need to cancel, otherwise you will be charged for one night.
***Please note: A post-stay guest satisfaction survey will be sent out after checkout.

COVID-19 UPDATE: Please read prior to check-in: www.oceanisland.com/covid-19

GENERAL CANCELLATION POLICY: We have a 1-day cancellation policy. This means that you must let us know before 6 pm (18:00) the day before your arrival if you need to cancel. Cancellations made after this period are subject to a cancellation fee of 1 Night's Stay.

REFUNDS POLICY: We do not offer refunds after check-in.

VALID GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID is required for all guests and a valid credit card in the guest?s name or $100 stay deposit (debit or cash) upon arrival. If you book a room and do not meet these requirements upon check-in, your reservation will be cancelled and we will still have to charge you for one night's stay.

PRE-AUTHORIZATION: A valid credit card is required to hold a reservation and it will be pre-authorized before your arrival. If this pre-authorization is declined and we are unable to reach you, your reservation will be cancelled.

VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD DEBIT, PREPAID CARDS: Are not accepted to hold reservations. Even if your confirmation goes through it will not be valid. Please cancel your reservation and make another with a valid credit card.

LATEST TIME OF ARRIVAL / NO-SHOW POLICY: If you do not arrive by the latest time of arrival that you have given us, your reservation will be cancelled and your credit card will be charged for one night's stay. Contact us any time to change your latest time of arrival.

CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 3 pm. Should you arrive earlier, we would be happy to store your luggage so you can go out and explore the city.

PARKING: Limited parking on-site $15/day available on a first-come, first-served basis & unlimited parking 100m away at Johnson Street Parkade.

Reviews & Ratings

8.4
Fabulous
2610 Total Reviews
  • Security
    8.7
  • Location
    9
  • Staff
    8.7
  • Atmosphere
    8.2
  • Cleanliness
    7.9
  • Value for Money
    8.3
  • Facilities
    8.1

Check Availability

Check In
Check Out
Guests

Latest Reviews

7.1
Very Good
Nov 27, 2022
Overall, this could be an excellent place to stay. The location is pretty prime, the value is excellent (free breakfast, dinner and a drink at the bar) and the staff are super kind and helpful. BUT the atmosphere is not great. I would say 40% of people here are regular travellers, the other 60% are living here. Lots of menacing looking middle age men just hanging around the lobby (and staring) because of that, as a young single woman I didn't really feel comfortable anywhere but in my room.
show more
Female, 25-30
7.1
Very Good
Nov 11, 2022
Sadly, I had a family emergency come up and I was unable to go. So I can't speak to the hostel. But I can speak to the staff I dealt with and their cancellation policy. Both are clear and great. So long as you take the effort of reading all three sentences, you'll know how it works. Cancellations suck. These guys were great to deal with. Thank you.
show more
Male, 41+
8.6
Fabulous
Nov 09, 2022
Nice staff and great value! Could be a bit cleaner though, I unfortunately saw a mouse in the hall in the early morning
show more
Female, 25-30

Facilities

  • Free

    • Free Breakfast
    • Linen Included
    • Free City Maps
    • Free WiFi
    • Free Internet Access
  • General

    • Security Lockers
    • Common Room
    • Bicycle Parking
    • Adaptors
    • Book Exchange
    • Hot Showers
    • Self-Catering Facilities
    • Cooker
    • Fridge/Freezer
    • Dryer
    • Reading Light
    • Jobs Board
    • Hair Dryers For Hire
    • Parking
    • Iron / Ironing Board
    • Microwave
    • Card Phones
    • Washing Machine
    • Towels Not Included
    • Covid-19 safe
  • Services

    • Internet access
    • Laundry Facilities
    • Towels for hire
    • Luggage Storage
    • Fax Service
    • 24 Hour Reception
    • Tours/Travel Desk
    • ATM
    • 24 Hour Security
    • Housekeeping
  • Food & Drink

    • Bar
    • Meals Available
    • Vending Machines
    • Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
  • Entertainment

    • Board Games
    • Wi-Fi