Mountain Hostel Tarter is a small and family-run mountain hostel. Conceived by the fusion of our great passions: travelling and mountain sports. Made by travellers for travellers.
We offer what we always like to find when we travel; clean and comfortable facilities, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and good advice about the area. With us, you will be among friends.
Our location in the mountain village of El Tarter makes Mountain Hostel Tarter perfect for mountain sports and activities such as skiing, snowboarding, freeriding, freestyle and ski touring in winter, and mountain biking, cycling, hiking and via ferrata in summer.
And we are also an environmentally friendly hostel: we use solar energy and energy-saving facilities.
Can you imagine sleeping in Andorra, in front of an impressive ski resort like Grandvalira, with more than 200 km of slopes at your disposal in an incredible setting in the Pyrenees mountains? Can you imagine a rustic house, with the typical Andorran architecture built more than 200 years ago, recently restored and with solar energy? Can you imagine staying in modern, warm facilities, where rustic and comfort are mixed with your favourite hobby? Can you imagine enjoying Andorra in a friendly atmosphere, where you can share your passion for mountain sports with other travellers? Then stop imagining and make it happen! Welcome to Mountain Hostel Tarter!
- Outdoor terrace with heated whirlpool and solarium with panoramic mountain views. The use of the pool is included in the price. Summer opening hours are from 1pm to 9pm. Winter opening hours are from 5pm to 8pm, daily, subject to weather conditions.
- Modern bathrooms with toilets, showers and washbasins. These bathrooms are shared by all the hostel guests, outside the room, on the ground floor. They are mixed bathrooms, but with individual cabins, of course! Hot water is available 24 hours a day. Towels for rent for 2 EUR per clean towel.
- Dining room with a fully equipped communal kitchen with all the utensils and appliances for cooking (fridge, microwave, oven, vitro, toaster...etc.) and eating. It is all designed so that you can simply bring your own food and everyone is free to prepare their own meals. In the kitchen, there is free coffee and tea throughout your stay. We recommend that you do your shopping before arriving at El Tarter, as the options here are limited and not economical.
- A very cosy lounge with fireplace, sofas, pouffes, TV, reading, board games and free Wi-Fi, where you can relax or surf the internet by the fireplace. The fireplace is in use only during the winter.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, also in the rooms.
- Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, telemark, freestyle, freeride, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, heliskiing.
- Free services for skiers and snowboarders: ski storage room with boot dryer.
- Summer activities: mountain biking, road biking, hiking (peaks and lakes), trailrunning, via ferrata, and all the mountain sports you can imagine!
- Free services for cyclists: bike storage room with key and individual locks, workshop space with tools, and washing area.
- We will help you organise your days in Andorra, book the activities you want and give you good recommendations on any subject, so that you can enjoy your stay with us to the full.
- Late check-out: Check-out is until 11am. After leaving the room at 11am, you can use all our services and areas on the ground floor (kitchen, bathrooms and showers, wi-fi, dining room, jacuzzi, etc.) for only 10 EUR per person until 8pm.
- Bar-restaurant on the terrace of the hostel. 'Sa Terrasseta' is a beach bar, but in the middle of the mountains, in the open air, with delicious grilled dishes, drinks and snacks. The best atmosphere in town.
We have dormitories with bunk beds for 4, 5 and 6 people, which can be shared if you book your bed, or you can also book the whole dormitory for your group.
We also offer some double rooms.
In all rooms, each bed has its own reading light and power socket. All rooms have heating and free Wi-Fi. From all our windows you can see the mountains and the sky.
Sheets, bed linen and duvet are provided and all rooms have security lockers. You will need a padlock.
Whether you come to the mountains, winter or summer, don't forget to pack your swimsuit in your suitcase to enjoy our crown jewel; our outdoor swimming pool with hydro-massage, heated and with mountain views.
See you soon!