A safe haven in the middle of the metropolis: We took a traditional brick building with roots dating back to the 1800s and set a new standard for hostel life in the UK.
What was once sailors' accommodation is now a hostel that caters for all the needs of the modern traveller. With great attention to detail, we have created a hostel in London that celebrates the heritage of our historic building.
The old oak that once formed part of sturdy ships and churches is now immortalised in our furnishings throughout the house. The beers you drink here will be served on a bar made from 500 year old wood!
Our Wombat's City Hostel is located in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, right next to the famous Tower Bridge and Tower of London, charming markets, authentic pubs and many other places of historical interest.
A short walk will take you to trendy Shoreditch with its vibrant street art, the lively nightlife of Hoxton Square and Old Street and finally Brick Lane, which has become one of the most popular spots.
All other London attractions are easily accessible by public transport: Aldgate East and Tower Bridge underground and DLR stations are just a stone's throw away.
After a long and exciting day in London, our hostel awaits you with a cosy courtyard, a spacious lobby with our own Wombat's Cafe (exclusive Wombat's Roast included) and womBAR. Here you can relax and enjoy our always unexpected offers.
All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathroom and private lockers.
- Bed linen.
- Our own Wombat's city maps.
- Wombat's Café.
- The womBAR for endless parties.
- A guest kitchen open to all who want to satisfy their own culinary needs.
- 24/7 reception.
- Secure luggage storage.
- Rental items (umbrellas, hairdryers, adaptors: everything a traveller could need).
- Coin-operated laundry facilities (washing and drying), so you can revitalise your clothes!
Our famous Tasty Brekkie buffet guarantees you enough energy for your exciting day in London. You can buy breakfast for an economical price at reception.
(Minimum age 18 years).
* Full payment is required at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
* If you leave early, cancel or do not honour this booking, you will not be refunded.
* Any extension of this stay requires a new booking for the additional dates, subject to availability and current rates.
In the event of invalid credit card details, you will be contacted by our team. You will have 48 hours to provide valid credit card details, otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking.