This hostel is committed to following WHO and local government guidelines for Covid-19 sanitation. This includes increased cleaning routines, better hygiene measures and social distancing when required.
Free WiFi

Mad Vervet Hostel

Free Cancellation Book more than 2 days in advance for Free Cancellation.

Wonderful Location
Marvellous Staff

Property Description

We are an independently owned and operated hostel tailored to the fun loving, social and budget constrained backpackers/travellers. We work to create an inclusive social environment that gives you a sense of home and family.
Our dorms are spacious and each have an en-suite bathroom. We have a wonderful full time cleaner who keeps our place clean and comfy.
The common room and Kitchen are open for all guests, and comfortable place to interact with other travellers.
Additionally, we have a bar on the ground floor where you get to interact with the local culture and have a general good time.
We are available all the time to help you with your travel plans and consultations on activities during your stay with us.

Mad Vervet Hostel - Terms & Conditions

The reception works 24-hours.

Cancellation policy: 24h before arrival. In case of a late cancellation or No Show, you will be charged the first night of your stay.

Check in from 15:00 to 23:00 .
Check out before 12:00 .

Payment is through card only.
Taxes included.

For any non refundable booking we request the balance to be send to us as soon as booking is done. we will contact you with a message and account details.

Breakfast not included - 3.00 USD per person per day.
No curfew.

Check Out
Guests

Latest Reviews

Jan 08, 2023
I found it easy to meet people at this hostel and overall, I enjoyed my stay. The wifi works in common areas and the rooms are affordable. However, there are a few things I wish I had known before booking. In particular, the bed in my dorm room was very uncomfortable, there are no lockers in the rooms, the kitchen was not particularly clean and running water was only available sometimes. Also, the hostel advertises that breakfast is available for USD3/day but no such breakfast is offered.
Male, 25-30
4.6
Dec 10, 2022
I wish a few things were improved that would have made my stay a lot better. It was hard to find the hostel. They don't have any clear signage for the drivers to find it. It would be helpful if they put up a sign at the end of street. Also, when the driver calls the number to try to find it, they just tell him 'it's downtown.' Second, the bathroom wasn't clean. I felt uncomfortable trying to take a shower or even use the toilet. Next, no baggage storage. They just put my bag behind the desk.
Female, 25-30
Superb
Aug 10, 2022
This was a GREAT hostel! The staff was extremely kind & helpful. It's an authentic hostel in a very this-is-what-it's-really-like part of Addis Ababa. I liked the area. I got my hair braided for $2 and breakfast for $2. For travelers who are on a budget, this is the place. One thing I really loved about this hostel was all the socialization that took place in the evening. There were always lots of people at the ground floor of the hostel. It was a very "up" environment and I loved it.
Female, 41+