40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

Bit of a weird atmosphere there - not your typical hostel vibe. But I would stay here again if I had to. Clean and good location.

Breakfast was amazing but shower facilities could be improved.

By facility wise and stay, it was very much comfortable, one thing we felt lacking was the rooms were not fitted with any wardrobe or place where you can keep your stuffs inside, not even a single hanger. Rest of things were too good. We liked our stay and enjoyed a lot. Thank you all

• 11th Jun 2013
  • India

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great room with a view, quiet an amazing breakfast. I was expecting a typical cereal and toast complimentary breakfast but was so pleasantly surprised with eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown and pancakes cafeteria style. Great staff and location, 15 minute walk to prudential center and Boston common so never had to use the t. I will definitely stay here again!

• 7th Jun 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. If I am ever visiting Boston again I will not be looking anywhere else. Pool table, movie room, popcorn and not to mention the chocolate chip cookies. I would recommend anybody to stay here.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Thanks for a great comfortable and safe few nights of accommodation! Easy to find and all staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with!

Bedrooms were clean and spacey. Had one shared bathroom for each floor, but wasn't an issue sharing. Staff was average, not the best customer service for hospitality, but the location is walking distance to downtown Boston.

• 1st Jun 2013

In principle, this is a very decent hostel. It is just that on my floor one of the shared toilets was incredible soiled, and the hall was kind of dirty. Also, it was a hot night, but my room had no airco (there were two fans). With a bit more cleaning it would be better value for money, because is is expensive, even for Boston standards. A tad overpriced.

• 1st Jun 2013

Need more than one toilet and shower in the 3rd floor bathroom to the right of the elevator, need some extension cables for when people want to use the fan as it is a bit far away from the socket. Photos of rooms are deceiving as we did not expect bunk beds from the photos we had seen of the 4 standard bedroom. Breakfast was fab! best part of the hostel, was yummy and the young lad serving it in the mornings was a babe!

• 30th May 2013

Don't stay here. Is is so overpriced, especially for what you get. The rooms are poor, the bathrooms even worse. Not clean. We were freezing in our beds. This is also a place where elderly live, it is a bit creepy. The breakfast? Well, there is a café called Flour nearby, it will be your best friend... Awful experience. And expensive which makes it worse...

40 Berkeley was our only option for a private room during the specific dates and while our stay ended up being significantly cheaper than what it would have been at a hotel, we felt that it was overpriced. $56 per person/night is a lot to pay to sleep in a run down dorm with old, equally run down bathroom facilities. Breakfast is good though, as is the location.

Very funny! I loved the "movie room" with popcorn! :-) Thank you very much for all

No one told us the breakfast was until 9 during the week. The rooms are very small and not very comfortable for the price compare to hostel we have been in the usa. But the location is perfect , the garden is very nice. So there is some renovation to make, some learning for the staff about customer service (at the food service)and it's will be much better.

• 18th May 2013

Breakfast is included, you get eggs, bacon, pancakes, oatmeal and fruit. Stayed in a double on the 7th floor - amazing views over the Copley skyline. Room was clean, bathroom was fine as well. A bit pricey but probably the best value for money you can get in Boston.

The lobby is new and cleaned but the rooms and bathrooms are just the opposite!

I was able to get my key out of the box without asking. The corridor looked more like a prison. The lady at the check in made an error in the pricing, guys at breakfast weren't friendly. If you're looking for a budget place to stay, go to hostelling international in Stuart Street, in com in compagnon it

• 14th May 2013
  • Belgium

Staffs were very kind except one woman. Community bathroom is not good, but it's okay.

We had a nice stay here. The breakfast is great but a little early in the morning and the senior staff were incredibly helpful!

This was a n enjoyable place to stay. Close to the city and subway system as well as many of the sites in Boston.

• 7th May 2013

Please clarify the description of the rooms, and that bathrooms are shared in each floor.

• 2nd May 2013