A Scalinatella Reviews

Piazza Umberto 1 5/6, 84010 Atrani, Amalfi, Italy

This was a great place to stay on the Amalfi coast. The only thing to be aware of is that the wifi only works in their dining room or outside in the square, not in the rooms. And there is no common room, no living room or place to hang out to use wifi. I sat outside on ground in the square to do wifi stuff. But the brothers that run it are amazing and very helpful and breakfast was really nice! The rooms are quite outdated and sparse but clean and comfortable. 😊

Me and a buddy stayed during the offseason. Awesome little town 5 minute walk from Amalfi. Great cheap restaurants steps away from the office. Great hiking trail a step outside their office. Free breakfast, WiFi, Towels. Got our own private room and bathroom, probably because we were the only people renting at the time, but still nice bonus they would do that. The two brothers running it are very nice! Highly recommend this place! Not a party hostel though.

Atrani is the "lesser known sister" of the more popular "Amalfi", but with it's open plaza, walkability, and amazing pizza joint down by the water's edge, it's a wonderful home base while exploring the coast.

Thank you to Fillipo and Gabriella who upgraded me from a dorm to a private room for free! The complimentary breakfast was good to help me through a few big walks during my day. Close to Amalfi but far enough away to still be nice and not too busy. A great place to relax.

The hosts were very friendly and helpful and I was able to have a room to myself which was very clean. I enjoyed my time in Atrani and it's in a great postion to do day trips to Ravello and the other towns along the coast.

Located in Atrani, it's the perfect spot to have an easy access to Amalfi. The teanant are great and they have a excelent knowledge of the region. Easy access to all the hicking trails that can take you to Ravello. There is also a piaza where all the locals hang out after a day of work. Nice ambiance and away from the tourists from Amlalfi. The only thing that's missing is a common area. The place is clean and quiet for a good knight of sleep.

Everything was fine, my room was clean, breakfast was good. The two brother that manage the hostel were always helpfull and friendly. I definitly recomend it.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Chile

Filipo is the MAN! Highly reccomend this hostel... Very nice place, very clean, everything was up to par... Right next to the beach... And he accommodated us three wild boys whilst we engaged in wildboy activities, not to say that he endorsed it, but he definatley was cool about everything... Sorry for the late review Filipo but I never write reviews, and I promised Filipo I would because it was that good! Just book this place

• 18th Sep 2015

Thanks for having us!

• 16th Sep 2015

Hostel is run by 2 brothers, Gabriel and philipo. Both were amazing guys. Very gentle and helpful. They told us about the local attractions and how to spend our day. Hostel is a nice clean place. If you are a young traveler looking for partying then look somewhere else. Overall a very nice stay and definitely would stay here again

Gabriel & Phlippe were very friendly & helpful.Antrani is a fantastic place to swim, walk, eat & be. Noisy Americans on our final night in Atrani need not reflect this stunning local setting away from commercial Amalfi. We had highly recommend staying here.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel was a great find! It is located in Atrani, about a 10 min walk from the actual town of Amalfi. It was really clean and the staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• 11th Sep 2015

The lack of kitchen facilities to prepare an evening meal made this stay expensive for us South Africans..However, we loved the village atmosphere,the beach and ease of access to Amalfi and the other villages along the coast. The owners were very helpful in assisting us with our baggage up and down the stairs.

While this hostel is not in Amalfi, it's location is still very central (only a 10 minute walk or a two minute bus ride into Amalfi). The brothers that own this hostel are AMAZING and are willing to help with anything. The breakfast they make each morning is delicious and they also use this opportunity to check in with you and give you advice about your plans for the day. The rooms are relatively basic, but have everything you need for a couple night stay. I highly recommend this hostel.

Wonderful stay! A great little town that really gives you a taste of the culture and beauty in Italy. The hostel is in a fantastic location, close to the beach and many food options. The owners were really nice and helpful and the breakfast included is delicious! Will definitely stay go back :) Go back!

It was probably the worst hostel I ever stayed in my life. The hostel is NOT in Amalfi, it's in a city nearby. Also, it's of very hard access as you arrive to the address they announce in of this other city and they send you to another, very sketchy place that looks like a shanty town. Facilities are horrible: no bar, no common area, no free towels, shower horrendous, no walls between the noisy rooms, the bed is super uncomfortable, prison-style. I took out my mattress and slept on the ground.

Very difficult to find if you take the bus to amalfi. Not actually in Amalfi, but in the next town over. Very short walk though. Shower was sketchy, but overall the room was good for the amount spent.

Philipo the manager is an absolute gem

Nice place and well situated. Staff are very nice and helpful. Rooms are a bit cramped and even though you have a 3 person room, you can still hear everything in the other rooms at night. There is no common area or facilities though, but its close to a small piazza so its ok. The biggest problem was that we had one plug socket for 3 people in one room. I'd stay there again no problem but this time id bring a multi plug with me at least.

It would be really great to have a kitchen. There are only mini supermarkets and without the kitchen you're forced to eat out everyday. Theres no wifi in the rooms just at the reception (where's no seating optionexcept for the floor) However it is a nice hostel in a small enjoyable village. The scenery and people are great.