A Scalinatella

Superb 1025 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
7.4

Hostel based in Atrani very easy to find in the square, I was greeted by Filippo one of the brothers who run the business. Really friendly and really passionate when it comes to their love of the coast! They arrange a nice and simple breakfast and advise on activities to do in the nearby area. The room is quite basic but as I went when it wasn't busy I had the whole house to myself. Shower didn't work on my last day but apart from that very nice stay. Buona Fortuna Filippo e Gabriele

16th Mar 2017

Owners of the Hostel are caring and nice! There is the beach right there and incredible hikes up the Dragon Valley where you will see ancient hilltop churches and castle ruins! Cons were that the room was sparse and not the best lighting. There was no common space except in their reception for breakfast. Wifi was very spotty and I had to sit In the corner of the room to have any. Overall I enjoyed my stay and since there are few other hostel options in he region it could definitely charge more!

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
9th Mar 2017

Our stay was amazing. Although we had reserved 2 beds in a dorm room, we were their only customer during at the time so they upgraded us to a private room with no additional cost. They greeted us in the best of way at arrival and they took very good care of us. They spent quite some time giving us advice on what to go see and they even showed us around a bit. They are some of the nicest people you can meet. This hostel is absolutly worth it and we would go back anytime. Thank you very much!!

• USA, Male, 18-24
5th Mar 2017

Amazing! Gabriello and Felipe were awesome! The place was clean and they upgraded us to a private room for free since they had an empty one. Breakfast was great, and the brothers took the time to go over the area with us and show us some interesting sights. We got tangerines from Felipe's garden and he gave us souvenirs from his clay factory. They speak great English and taught us plenty of Italian. Great family friendly place run by two awesome guys. I will go again. Can't recommend enough!

29th Dec 2016

Was upgraded to a private room with private washroom upon arrival. The two brothers are legends. Always smiling and happy to help you out. They showed me everything to do. Even helped me out bus schedules and pharmacy when I was sick. Liked it so much that I ended up extending my stay. Breakfast was fantastic and filling. I left early morning on my last day and they were kind enough to make a breakfast package for me the night before. This place is a must stay!

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Dec 2016

Gabrielle and Filippo are wonderful and cheerful people! They were helpful in figuring out what I could do in my weekend there and were just very kind and welcoming. The location is incredible! I went in the off season so even though I booked a dorm style room I was the only one there which was very nice. Atrani is beautiful little town and it's very easy to walk over to Amalfi. There is also a very nice beach nearby that I spent a lot of time at. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Oct 2016

The brothers who own the hostel are welcoming, friendly and they helped me plan my stay on the beautiful Amalfi coast. It is located in a small town 10 minutes walk from the main town Amalfi. The room I stayed in was clean and secure. Would definitely stay again.

• dyanrn1807
  • USA, Male, 31-40
20th Oct 2016

Over all a wonderfully unexpected pleasant stay. With absolute no idea about Italy I was expecting the booking to be at Amalfi since that seems to be the popular place but that comes as a blessing in disguised. The location is in Atrani which is a a spit away from Amalfi but is completely quiet and more of a local area. It has a feel of exclusivity and serenity. The local businesses around are delightfully friendly and low-key. The stores directly around the property serves delicious fresh food.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
18th Oct 2016

The two brothers who own and run this hostel are extremely friendly, welcoming, helpful and just all around amazing hosts. This hostel is located in Atrani in its main piazza. It is a 5 min walk to Amalfi and a 1 min walk to the beach in front. It is close enough to the tourist areas to walk to but far enough away that it's not full with people. The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfy, and the balcony view makes you feel like part of the town. Overall, this hostel is highly recommended!

• Germany, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Oct 2016

Perfect location (directly at the main square of Atrani, 50 m to the beach), very friendly staff, great rooms. A wholehearted recommendation!