A Scalinatella Reviews

Piazza Umberto 1 5/6, 84010 Atrani, Amalfi, Italy

A Scalinatella means 'little stairs' and this town and hostel has plenty of them so if you are carrying heavy suitcases bear that in mind. Atrani is a small town with a lovely village plaza and a real feeling of community and the hostel also has this lovely part of the community feel. Philippe is an excellent mine host and went that extra mile fir me when Ii was leaving early to catch the first bus out by giving me my breakfast in a paper bag. Highly recommended.

The location was great but this hostel lacks a common area and a kitchen to socialise with other travellers. I was travelling alone and only met people on my third and last night as I didn't have anyone else in my room.

Check in was until 6pm so I called the guy to tell I would be late and he told me if I wanted a 24 hs reception I should look for a hotel. Finally after calling them and the travel agency I was doing the tour with called them they waited. Breakfast is small but nice. Internet doesn't work in rooms, only at a piazza about 100 metros from the rooms and there is no common area. There is no air conditioner but it gets cooler at night. Location is great, 10 mins walk to Amalfi as it is in Atrani

This was one of the most basic hostels I've stayed in, but I did appreciate that it was not advertised as anything other than what it was. The location really wasn't so bad after we figured out the fastest route to Amalfi. The security could have been better. We shared a key that was left outside the room with the other people who stayed in our room. Also, there was no internet in the building. The best part of the hostel were the brothers that ran it and their yummy breakfast in the morning.

Love this Hostel, amazing location

shared room only had 1 outlet and no wifi within the rooms. But great atmosphere and staff.

This hostel was exactly what I was looking for on my vacation. It's steps away from the beach and a great location overall, just a short 5-10 minute walk to Amalfi. The brothers who own the place are super nice and helpful and were accommodating when I wanted to stay an extra night. There isn't anywhere to lock your things, though the doors to each room do lock with a really old key. But still, I felt like my things were safe. Breakfast was also good. Wifi only worked in square, away from hostel

The two brothers were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was a plus. The wifi works in the reception room which is located in the town square but the actual rooms are scattered a short walk from the square.

The two brothers who run this hostel were absolutely fantastic! Very helpful and accommodating. Location was good, very close to the bus stop and only a short walk to amalfi. Personally I actually preferred atrani beach! Absolute gem! Only downside was no common areas in the hostel so no where to really hang out with other travellers, but overall a great place to stay :)

The hostel workers were all very nice and the breakfast was one of the best ones we have had. No kitchen, which is a bummer, and the wifi only works outside of the hostel in the square, but on vacation in a place like this, staying in your room on wifi would be a waste. A little pricier than the other hostels we stay at, worth it for the villiage though. GO HIKE THE WATERFALLS! The stairs are worth it.

We had a nice stay overall. The hostel is located in Atrani, about 500 meters from Amalfi. 2 of us booked a 4 person female dorm and it was only the 2 of us for 2 of the 3 nights so that was nice to have some privacy. The social atmosphere is not super nor is the WiFi. Our room was about 100 meters from the WiFi hot spot, so basically there was no WiFi in our room. Nonetheless, the room was sufficient and breakfast was nice as well as the staff (who carried my suitcase).

• 14th Jul 2014

Wifi only works in lobby. Lobby is only open until 11 am. Rooms are up the street from lobby. Bar in the square is awesome. Not affiliated to hostel buy luigi is awesome and gives you wifi password. Atrani is a cool town.

The room wasn't very nice and the bathroom was kind of weird. But we had a lovely terrasse just around the corner from the main square and the beach. Internet wasn't working at all, but at the square you could connect...

We had a wonderful stay at A Scalinatella. The brothers that run the hostel are very accommodating, friendly and helpful. We even had breakfast packed and delivered to us as we were checking out early! Highly recommend staying here.

• 6th Jul 2014

I wished that there was somewhere secure for my passport and computer. Otherwise, the brothers who ran the hostel are LOVELY and the breakfast was amazing.

Enjoyed being in quieter Atrani, next to Amalfi. The hostel is a little older but comfortable. Would have like to have a common area to hang out a meet fellow travellers more easily, but did meet a few people at breakfast.

Very close to Amalfi beaches, everyone knows where you're headed, right by a piazza with lots of bars, sometimes concerts in the evenings, but quiet in the rooms. I was in a four bed dorm that felt a tiny bit crowded, but really overall it was relaxing and fine. Breakfast was great and the owner very helpful and kind.

Atrani is a little pearl of Amalfi Coast. This hostel has all necessary facilities for a decent non expensive vacation, considering where we are: Amalfi!! The 2 brothers running the place are super Sweet and dedicated. I will definitely return there.

Amazing staff, especially Miguel! Organised so many things for me including calling to cancel a booking for me another another hostel Best staff member you'll find anywhere. Also the hostel is great. Use of the pool and easy to meet people. I highly recommend the breakfast as well, best buffet breakfast I've had in Madrid. Hostel is walking distance to the city centre, the train station and bus stop. Cruise to Capri was also fun! Just take your motion sickness meds!

Have no complaints whatsoever. Both brothers treated me wonderfully, breakfast was good and included, shower worked and had hot water. It's on the square, so you can even connect to wifi there while eating at one of the bars. Atmosphere for the World Cup was awesome too! Thank you G