A Scalinatella Reviews

Piazza Umberto 1 5/6, 84010 Atrani, Amalfi, Italy

We had a nice stay overall. The hostel is located in Atrani, about 500 meters from Amalfi. 2 of us booked a 4 person female dorm and it was only the 2 of us for 2 of the 3 nights so that was nice to have some privacy. The social atmosphere is not super nor is the WiFi. Our room was about 100 meters from the WiFi hot spot, so basically there was no WiFi in our room. Nonetheless, the room was sufficient and breakfast was nice as well as the staff (who carried my suitcase).

• 14th Jul 2014

Wifi only works in lobby. Lobby is only open until 11 am. Rooms are up the street from lobby. Bar in the square is awesome. Not affiliated to hostel buy luigi is awesome and gives you wifi password. Atrani is a cool town.

The room wasn't very nice and the bathroom was kind of weird. But we had a lovely terrasse just around the corner from the main square and the beach. Internet wasn't working at all, but at the square you could connect...

We had a wonderful stay at A Scalinatella. The brothers that run the hostel are very accommodating, friendly and helpful. We even had breakfast packed and delivered to us as we were checking out early! Highly recommend staying here.

• 6th Jul 2014

I wished that there was somewhere secure for my passport and computer. Otherwise, the brothers who ran the hostel are LOVELY and the breakfast was amazing.

Very close to Amalfi beaches, everyone knows where you're headed, right by a piazza with lots of bars, sometimes concerts in the evenings, but quiet in the rooms. I was in a four bed dorm that felt a tiny bit crowded, but really overall it was relaxing and fine. Breakfast was great and the owner very helpful and kind.

Atrani is a little pearl of Amalfi Coast. This hostel has all necessary facilities for a decent non expensive vacation, considering where we are: Amalfi!! The 2 brothers running the place are super Sweet and dedicated. I will definitely return there.

Amazing staff, especially Miguel! Organised so many things for me including calling to cancel a booking for me another another hostel Best staff member you'll find anywhere. Also the hostel is great. Use of the pool and easy to meet people. I highly recommend the breakfast as well, best buffet breakfast I've had in Madrid. Hostel is walking distance to the city centre, the train station and bus stop. Cruise to Capri was also fun! Just take your motion sickness meds!

Have no complaints whatsoever. Both brothers treated me wonderfully, breakfast was good and included, shower worked and had hot water. It's on the square, so you can even connect to wifi there while eating at one of the bars. Atmosphere for the World Cup was awesome too! Thank you G

Very helpful staff. Very welcoming and friendly vibe and great view of the piazza. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

If are going to stay anywhere on the Amalfi coast, make it this. The two men who run the hostel are incredibly kind and funny, and will help whenever you need. The breakfast is fantastic. Note that the wifi is only available in the reception area, and you can get quite separate from other travelers- so you can get lovely. The beach is literally 10 metres away and Amalfi is an easy 5 minute walk.

We really enjoyed our stay in Atrani at Scalinatella. Thank you Philipo and Gabriel for your hospitality!! We will be back :)

This is a bare bones operation. Not "bad", just REALLY stripped down. A bed, barely-there windows, shower-toilet combo space... Just be prepared for that. Very small room and pretty chilly inside, too, which was weird considering it was the middle of May. The guy(s) who run it are really nice and friendly. A big issue was Wi-Fi; it didn't work and you had to use the bar across the street. The breakfast was nice, albeit simple.

This hostel/hotel was one of the best choices I have ever made while traveling. The staff were incredible and the location can't be beat. It felt like our own little piece of paradise. What made this hostel so great was absolutely the service and the local businesses surrounding it--we felt so at home and everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Side note: this is not a social hostel, and the location was minutes from Amalfi, but not saturated with tourists.

• 30th Apr 2014

Wonderful hostel! The brothers are so friendly!! You can tell that the actually care about your stay and want to help in anyway possible. There is a nice breakfast in the morning. There r also several restaurants and bars right next to the hostel if you prefer something else. Amalfi is a 10min walk away. Only complaint: no wifi in the rooms, only the breakfast room. But it's ok, it made the stay more relaxing for us. All in all I would definitely stay again and would recommend this place!

• 18th Apr 2014

Very good locations, just a five minute walk to Amalfi, few minutes to the beach and if you're up for the challenge an 45minute walk upstairs (lots of them) to Ravello. The owners are very friendly and make a lovely coffee each morning and greet you with genuine enthusiasm. Only downside is there is no common room or space to hang out in bad weather. Overall I enjoyed my say and would stay there again.

Beautiful location with very friendly staff and townspeople.

The man who owns this is hands down one of the kindest human beings on the planet. He really takes care of you, and provides a delicious and free breakfast every morning! When we left early to catch a train he brought us breakfast to-go. Would 100% recommend this to anyone and everyone.

i had the most amazing time in Atrani and the people were very warm and welcoming. I was truly humbled by the hospitality i was accorded at the hotel. would definitely stay there.

Amazing place to stay with excellent staff, and only 5 mins from Amalfi. Had a great time relaxing here, and the staff were incredibly friendly. Very cheap in comparison to Amalfi.