A Scalinatella Reviews

Piazza Umberto 1 5/6, 84010 Atrani, Amalfi, Italy

This was a great place to stay in a cozy small town. People were so friendly and always ready with a smile. The host was very accommodating and provided great advice on what to do on our visit. It is very clean and in a very nice location in the center of the town square. Atrani is a beautiful town and the perfect place to enjoy the Amalfi coast. Breakfast is included and was delicious. Our hosts were so kind. We had a great stay and can't wait to plan our return visit! We loved out trip!

• 21st Nov 2014

The owner is nice. Have a great time with him and the beautiful town there.

Great spot in Atrani just outside Amalfi. I reckon it's better to stay here than in Positano which is super touristy. From Atrani it's easy to reach Ravello and Amalfi. Make sure to do the Sentiero degli Dei walk. Great breakfast and the two Italian brothers who run it are fantastic. Only downside is the rooms are very basic - eg Our only window opened onto another room and the shower has no curtain so water goes everywhere. Hence not ideal for a honeymoon!

We had a lovely stay in A Scalinatella. No wi-fi or a/c in the bedroom and no kitchen was frustrating, but the wi-fi was strong by main reception. The hostel is situated in Atrani (rather than Almalfi), though just 10 mins round the corner/in the next bay. We preferred it here, as it allowed for a much quiter breakfast / evening drink, and only venture into more tourist heavy Almalfi for certain restaurants, or when desired. Staff were lovely. Overall stay was lovely, minor gripe on facilities

• 16th Sep 2014

A Scalinatella means 'little stairs' and this town and hostel has plenty of them so if you are carrying heavy suitcases bear that in mind. Atrani is a small town with a lovely village plaza and a real feeling of community and the hostel also has this lovely part of the community feel. Philippe is an excellent mine host and went that extra mile fir me when Ii was leaving early to catch the first bus out by giving me my breakfast in a paper bag. Highly recommended.

The location was great but this hostel lacks a common area and a kitchen to socialise with other travellers. I was travelling alone and only met people on my third and last night as I didn't have anyone else in my room.

The best place I stayed on the amalfi coast. Met the most amazing people and danced like an idiot on the streets with the locals. Never felt so welcome. Such a good little gem hidden around the corner of amalfi. I will be back

Check in was until 6pm so I called the guy to tell I would be late and he told me if I wanted a 24 hs reception I should look for a hotel. Finally after calling them and the travel agency I was doing the tour with called them they waited. Breakfast is small but nice. Internet doesn't work in rooms, only at a piazza about 100 metros from the rooms and there is no common area. There is no air conditioner but it gets cooler at night. Location is great, 10 mins walk to Amalfi as it is in Atrani

This was one of the most basic hostels I've stayed in, but I did appreciate that it was not advertised as anything other than what it was. The location really wasn't so bad after we figured out the fastest route to Amalfi. The security could have been better. We shared a key that was left outside the room with the other people who stayed in our room. Also, there was no internet in the building. The best part of the hostel were the brothers that ran it and their yummy breakfast in the morning.

Love this Hostel, amazing location

shared room only had 1 outlet and no wifi within the rooms. But great atmosphere and staff.

This hostel was exactly what I was looking for on my vacation. It's steps away from the beach and a great location overall, just a short 5-10 minute walk to Amalfi. The brothers who own the place are super nice and helpful and were accommodating when I wanted to stay an extra night. There isn't anywhere to lock your things, though the doors to each room do lock with a really old key. But still, I felt like my things were safe. Breakfast was also good. Wifi only worked in square, away from hostel

The two brothers were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was a plus. The wifi works in the reception room which is located in the town square but the actual rooms are scattered a short walk from the square.

The two brothers who run this hostel were absolutely fantastic! Very helpful and accommodating. Location was good, very close to the bus stop and only a short walk to amalfi. Personally I actually preferred atrani beach! Absolute gem! Only downside was no common areas in the hostel so no where to really hang out with other travellers, but overall a great place to stay :)