A Scalinatella Reviews

Piazza Umberto 1 5/6, 84010 Atrani, Amalfi, Italy

The staff, location and breakfast are perfect. The problem is the facilities. The room I stayed was terrible. No internet connection. You need to walk to reception for internet which is out side of the building, no proper shower. There was a smell in the room. No luggage lockers. No kitchen. Staffs were really cool guys, but they need to upgrade the rooms

Thank you Felipo e Gabriel for all your hospitality! We would recommend you again and again. You guys run an amazing place. This is the premiere B&B/hostel in the Amalfi coast - see you both again soon!!!

• 28th Jun 2015

The staff is fantastic! Very kind and helpful. The location was great and is just a short walk to the city of amalfi. The room was clean and had a great view of the mountains. Would recommend staying here!

• 27th Jun 2015

The owners are nice, however are difficult to track down because there is no real reception and they didn't respond to my emails once I checked in. The bathrooms are clean enough yet still miserable, the dorm rooms are ridiculously cramped, and there's no common area. There's also no wifi in the building, so you have to walk out to the square to get online. Also, this hostel is not actually in Amalfi, but in a nearby town called Atrani, which has nothing but overpriced food for tourists.

The staff was friendly and welcoming. It is a quiet town along the Amalfi coast with welcoming locals. It made for a safe environment. In regards to the facilities, it was not the cleaninest and was lacking in plugs. The wifi is also only available in the town's main square. You are unable to use it in the room, but that wasn't a huge deal. If you are on a budget, then I would recommend it!

Such a peaceful place to stay. Lovely owners and gorgeous town. 5 mins walk to Amalfi but Atrani was more peaceful.

We loved our stay at A Scalinatella. The location of our room was fantastic, overlooking the square in Atrani with all its little cafes and restaurants and two minutes from the beach, The room we were given was big and the breakfast was good - orange juice, toast, fresh croissant, butter, jam and Nutella, with our choice of fresh coffee or tea, The staff were helpful. It was one of our favourite places during our two week tour of Italy and a great place to finish our trip.

• 12th Jun 2015

The place was really cute and the room we had (4 person) was fairly large with its own bathroom. Funny part was toilet was in the shower hahah. We only had three people so we thought we would get a roommate but wound up getting the place to ourselves. Breakfast was perfect with a croissant toast jelly Nutella an orange juice and a cappuccino. The place is right on the beach and a five minute walk from amalfi where you can take a ferry for 8€ to Positano which I would definitely recommend.

Booked 3 nights but only stayed one :( bathroom was pretty woeful, really old and small. Rooms also small, lacking in light, not a great feel to the place and no one at reception when we arrived. Bed not comfy, no support. Breakfast was good though and Phillippo was very kind even though we left.

My sister and I throughly enjoyed our stay at this hostel! The location was perfect, less then a 10 minute walk to Amalfi. The restaurants nearby were also amazing and had great prices. The staff was incredible!!! The brothers were exceedingly friendly and helpful. The breakfast every morning was simple but quite nice. We both would recommend this hostel without a doubt... It was a truly lovely experience.

• 19th May 2015

Such a fun little hostel. Place was clean and inviting and you are right outside the main plaza in Atrani where there is even a cafe that has omelettes!! The walk to Amalfi from Atrani is only around one bend in the main road and is a five minute walk- if that. I came to visit Amalfi but spent all my time in Atrani with some occasional hikes up to neighboring cities (go see Ravello!). The hosts were very friendly and I met some wonderful people during my stay. Definitely recommend.

Great Trip!!! The location is great!! and the staff was awesome!!

• 1st May 2015

Location is excellent, with access to many beautiful walking/hiking trails in the area. A short walk to Amalfi, and close to other small towns. Atrani has ample character and it was wonderful to avoid the crowds. Hosts are extremely amiable, and willing to provide any info needed. Only drawback was the WIFi access. Reception was only available in the plaza or breakfast room. This was also a plus becaus the plaza, with its restaurants and family/social atmosphere is a great place to hang out.

• 25th Apr 2015

INGLÉS The place is beautiful. very calm. the hotel people are very friendly, always willing to help and smiling. i recommend it !!!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

I stayed here three nights and could have stayed longer. Atrani was a great base, laid back with a nice beach and social piazza with lots of dining options, it felt good to come back each night after exploring the Amalfi Coast. Very easy to get to Amalfi from here. Although I'd booked a dorm I was put in a private room which was very nice, simple and clean with a private bathroom. Very good breakfast included and very friendly and nice owners. The only downside is the church clock which tolls (n

After seeing the room, we left to stay at a hotel without getting our money back. We were rushed to pay before seeing the room. It was extremely dirty, there were blood stains on my towel,the shower is the entire bathroom without separation, the shower head only trickled water, and there is no wifi or cellular service in the rooms. I hope no one else falsely believes the ratings on this property on the website. The manager was very unhelpful when it came to accommodating us in these conditions.

• 10th Apr 2015

Had a great time here! I booked a large dorm, but they put me in my own room cause the place was pretty empty... the breakfast is great, and the two owners are so nice and energetic and helpful. Would definitely recommend it and stay here again.

Loved Felipo and his brother's happiness! They served great breakfast too!! 😍

• 5th Apr 2015

The staff was definitely the best part about this hostel. Both receptionists were so kind and friendly. The hostel itself was located fairly close to the main piazza so that was nice. It was walking distance. It was clean and breakfast was phenomenal. It felt like he had made it on the spot just for us.

The owner was lovely - friendly and he put me in a room close to the friends I had made on the journey to the hostel. The hostel is quaint, with pretty tiles and balcony. The location is fabulous - 10 minute walk to Amalfi. It is difficult to get off at the correct stop, but its easy to walk to it from the Amalfi bus stop. The breakfast is fantastic and good English tea is available. I booked a 4 bed dorm but stayed in a lovely twin room! I would recommend this hostel. I loved it!

• 4th Apr 2015