A&O Berlin Friedrichshain Reviews

Niederlassung - Berlin Friedrichshain, Box hagener Str.73 - 10245 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

I guess it use to be an army barracks - it basically still is. Good location and a place to put your head done, that is all

Immediately when we arrived at the hostel we were greeted by an incredibly rude male receptionist. Bear in mind now that all three of us are people who work within the service sector ourselves and find it very important to always be as polite and easy going as possible in these situations. Secondly our room reeked of mold and sewers which made my asthma way worse and made sleeping difficult. Usually not a demanding person at all but this was far below acceptable for the price payed.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Sweden

The bathrooms were too dirty to use. This is something I have come across for the first time. Few employees were too rude. They meant only money. The place is way too far from the city, still they charge pretty high for the breakfast or linen.

• 1st May 2015

Nice place, close to train and trams.

Many strange people stay in this hostel. While I was doing my hair a man got into the girls toilet and showers and despite I told him that was the girl's toilet he stayed there. When I came out he told me he wanted to play, I ignored him and he kept asking me until I arrive at my room. This man was like 35 years old Also in my room (8 beds) I stayed with two friends and the last night 3 men stayed in the same room. They were old and weird. The hostel should separate the girls and boys rooms

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Venezuela

It's all very basic. You really get what you pay for (+3.5 euro for sheets). I've stayed here before, because of the location mostly, and didn't find it to great, but it was cheap enough. This time there erupted a fight 5 o'clock in the morning, with 4 aggresive Italians in the room. Eventually the staff got involved, and things got calmed down, but it all took 30-45 minutes. Regardless that it is a hostel it is a point of attention to emphasize behavior rules if that is the case.

Had 3 homeless wierdos in the room, the room stank of unwashed people. Disguisting