A&O Berlin Friedrichshain Reviews

Niederlassung - Berlin Friedrichshain, Box hagener Str.73 - 10245 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Terrible hostel, no understanding of hostel culture, simply trying to squeeze out every last dollar.

I stayed here for one night and it was good for this. It was alright value for money perhaps on the more expensive side. Located near a train station so the city centre is easy to get to. Staff were friendly and helpful, though check in did take awhile. It was pretty clean and had lockers in the room which is always good. Wifi was available in the rooms but wasn't the best.

I stayed 2 nights in this hostel, and it was a good stay, as they have a luggage room to keep things, and the dorms are quiet and nice. The showers dont have door, what means that if anyone opens the bathroom door, we will be completely exposed. The wifi in the bedrooms is very weak. The staff is nice.

Due to change of plans I ended up having no place to stay Saturday.this hostel was my last option,didn't mind about sleep I just wanted to putt my bag somewhere,the place looks like a hospital rather than a hostel,there were no lockers in the room because they had "problems"with it. Ended up staying only a couple of hours in this place, if you do not have a choice to stay in Berlin.just lock your bag at the station,avoid this place

Good cheap place to stay, but not recommended for solo backpackers. It feels like a giant college dorm with the communal bathrooms/showers and the large number of rooms. Good for groups I guess. Also the showers don't have curtains/doors so everyone showers butt naked in front of everyone.

Good bed, good showers, kitchen needs more pots and pans. Only stayed 1 night so can't really judge. Cheap place for the night

Amazing place! The staff helped me get checked in with a smile and the room was brilliant! The location looks out of the way, but it's located next to a pretty major little transit station that can get you anywhere in Berlin, and the neighborhood alone is worth your time to walk around and discover all the little small shops and bars. It has everything you need from Wi-Fi to laundry services, so you can drop off your laundry, wander around for the day and pick it up in the evening!

This was quite simply the worst hostel that we have stayed at so far. AVOID!

The facilities and the hostel in general were really dirty. It looked so dirty, that the staff had to see it, so we knew they just don't care. Most of the staff, especially the girls were unfriendly, looked like they didn't want to be botherd. The only really good thing was the location, and the lounge at the reception, apart from that the whole expierience wasn't that great. Would not recommend it.

The staff was very unpleasant and of no help when needed.

Stayed in 6-bed room. The room is just enough big. The bathroom in the room is a bit messy and dirty (probably because of people in room). The shared bathroom and toilets in the end of corridor is not neither dirty nor clean. From the early beginning of morning, there was extremely loud talking comes from the tables in between the checking desk and building. Staff is a bit uninterested, but okay. The location is easy to find. There is also Lidl in very close distance.

Rude and blunt staff in arrival, think the receptionist was called sophie! Absolutely massive hotel, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Bit of a long walk from the centre, wouldn't go back

If you're under the age of 18 or travelling with a big group then this is for you, if not do not stay here! It is full of school groups and makes it very hard to meet people. The staff where also rude and incompetent and the showers had no doors or curtains and nowhere to hang your towel. Everyone can walk past and see you. they also charge extra for pretty much everything including linen. Definitely stay somewhere else.

We stayed for 4 nights, the staff was really helpful and understanding and the hostel had great facilities. Working wifi was a pleasant surprise and the place overall was clean and nice. I recommend this place to anyone!

I hated this hostel. The staff were SO RUDE!!!!! The showers don't have curtains and the door doesn't lock. Everyone sees your bits and pieces while you shower. The line for checkin, checkout and information is the same. I had to wait for 20 minutes to ask how to get somewhere. When I finally got to the desk, I was told to look at the map. I've never been treated so poorly in all my life. There is also only 1 outlet for the entire room. Save yourself a headache, don't stay here.

Hostel was more of a large hotel with about 2 groups of 30 high school students staying on my floor. People at reception and the bar were quite unfriendly and didn't seem to care too much about keeping any sort of reasonable noise level. Also you were forced to suffer the bar if you wanted to use the wifi. I would not recommend if there is another option available to you.

There were school kids running around everywhere, and the whole hostel had a feeling of being back at school. Way too big to be able to get to know anyone. The rooms were SO warm, and it wasn't allowed to open up the windows! Do especially not recommend it to solo travelers.

Bathroom showers were weird, two open showers with no curtains per bathroom within easy sight if the door was open. Lots of youth tour buses coming and going. Can't drink on the premises (they can't see you in your room obviously). Didn't really feel like a place to meet people. Lockers in the rooms. Location is good, pretty close to a big bar street if that's what you're into.

I stayed here with a group of 10 on a Europe wide inter-railing throughout Europe. I loved Berlin and especially Friedrichshain (the area the hostel is located in). The hostel prices in Berlin on a whole are quite expensive. I found the hostel was competent on all levels but without character or atmosphere. I particularly dislike paying additional costs for bed sheets and the kitchen. A real school tour hostel. The bar is dead. I recommend the bikes.

I guess it use to be an army barracks - it basically still is. Good location and a place to put your head done, that is all