A&O Berlin Friedrichshain Reviews

Niederlassung - Berlin Friedrichshain, Box hagener Str.73 - 10245 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

I hated this hostel. The staff were SO RUDE!!!!! The showers don't have curtains and the door doesn't lock. Everyone sees your bits and pieces while you shower. The line for checkin, checkout and information is the same. I had to wait for 20 minutes to ask how to get somewhere. When I finally got to the desk, I was told to look at the map. I've never been treated so poorly in all my life. There is also only 1 outlet for the entire room. Save yourself a headache, don't stay here.

Hostel was more of a large hotel with about 2 groups of 30 high school students staying on my floor. People at reception and the bar were quite unfriendly and didn't seem to care too much about keeping any sort of reasonable noise level. Also you were forced to suffer the bar if you wanted to use the wifi. I would not recommend if there is another option available to you.

There were school kids running around everywhere, and the whole hostel had a feeling of being back at school. Way too big to be able to get to know anyone. The rooms were SO warm, and it wasn't allowed to open up the windows! Do especially not recommend it to solo travelers.

I stayed here with a group of 10 on a Europe wide inter-railing throughout Europe. I loved Berlin and especially Friedrichshain (the area the hostel is located in). The hostel prices in Berlin on a whole are quite expensive. I found the hostel was competent on all levels but without character or atmosphere. I particularly dislike paying additional costs for bed sheets and the kitchen. A real school tour hostel. The bar is dead. I recommend the bikes.

I guess it use to be an army barracks - it basically still is. Good location and a place to put your head done, that is all

Immediately when we arrived at the hostel we were greeted by an incredibly rude male receptionist. Bear in mind now that all three of us are people who work within the service sector ourselves and find it very important to always be as polite and easy going as possible in these situations. Secondly our room reeked of mold and sewers which made my asthma way worse and made sleeping difficult. Usually not a demanding person at all but this was far below acceptable for the price payed.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Sweden

The bathrooms were too dirty to use. This is something I have come across for the first time. Few employees were too rude. They meant only money. The place is way too far from the city, still they charge pretty high for the breakfast or linen.

• 1st May 2015

Nice place, close to train and trams.

Many strange people stay in this hostel. While I was doing my hair a man got into the girls toilet and showers and despite I told him that was the girl's toilet he stayed there. When I came out he told me he wanted to play, I ignored him and he kept asking me until I arrive at my room. This man was like 35 years old Also in my room (8 beds) I stayed with two friends and the last night 3 men stayed in the same room. They were old and weird. The hostel should separate the girls and boys rooms

• 11th Feb 2015