A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Corneliusstra'e 9, Dusseldorf, Germany

Hostel conveniently located not far from Düsseldorf Hauptbahnof. Room and bathroom were cleaned, staff very helpful. I only stayed 1 night but enjoyed it. Danke schön.

Very good stay at this hostel. The staff is very nice, good rooms and an amazing social area with a big 24 hour bar. Well located as well. For sure I would recommend this hostel to a friend that want to spend some nights in Dusseldorf.

It was the most awful hostel stay I have ever had. I stayed many times in Meininger hostels before, and it was always good. Unfortunately I have to say I will not choose your hostel chain again. The room was incredibly stinky, with no air circulation, and bed was uncomfortable. I woke up at 6 a.m.and immediately left, I decided to sit at the airport and wait for my flight

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Russia

unhelpful staff, you have to pay extra for everything. Whilst that is standard for towels its not for bedding and a crappy little padlock.

• 3rd Feb 2015

If you're looking for a good clean bed to sleep in then this is the place for you. That being said the atmosphere is nonexistent. It's a hotel that offers dorm rooms. Not great for backpackers and not what I was looking for.

very good, thanks

• 11th Jan 2015

Really, the only good thing here is the wifi. It's fast, and you can get a good signal in the rooms far from the lobby. Okay, two things - the staff are helpful, and speak great English. Other than that, you've got sketchy clientele, humorously tiny shower rooms, and the dorm beds have mattress pads that are just ludicrously thin. I have no idea how this hostel can get away with charging what they do; it's easily three times what they should cost.

No guest kitchen, so prepare to eat in McDonald's 😄

A very adequate hostel for what I needed which is basically a place to sleep. The room smelt absolutely atrocious but I would later find out that it was the very old and unclean gentleman below me. Not the hostels fault.

Nice place with a decent location. Rooms were quite small and tight but clean and modern.

Good bed, good hostel, but unbelievable noisy .

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Russia

The service, internet connection and location are good. I strongly recommend A&O hostel for those who want to visit Dusseldorf.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Vietnam

It was a nice and pleasant stay with a group of 10 friends. The dorms are clean and have a comfortable size. The staff at the reception was very very slow by the check-in and in other cases when you have a question. The ATM in de lobby charge you an extra 5 euro to get. This isn't very clear.

The hostel was well-located, although they could improve the directions to get there from the bus station a bit, I'm still looking for a roundabout that I never saw. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The lobby and bar area is very large and nice. And I was thankful that they had 24 hr food service, otherwise my friends and I would starve on Christmas' Eve.

This place was absolutely great! Worth the money, it was like a hotel! It's about a 15 minute walk from anything exciting like shopping or Old Town but it's totally worth it.

the best thing is 24 reception. and facilitate is also nice and clean. the receptionist is also kind. I recommend this hostel.

Paper thin walls, you could even hear conversations and giggles in the other rooms. Lockers not big enough for luggage. Poor wifi in rooms. Charge 3 euro for bed linens, but no towels. Breakfast not included. But very hot water and great room heating. Nice facilities, if not very new at least comfortable, with glasses for drinking water: nice touch.

Good place, staff and cleaness. Unfortunately frequently problems with people that work on the city and uses the hostel as an overnite-work-cabins They came late night, made the lights on, talk, talk, talk, argue, ....and so on. Nothing against who rents the room/bads , but definitely some users don't understand the basics rules about sharing a hostel room. Dispite this small issue, I would strongly recommend the hostel, but never a 6-room type.

I hope that they can improve the map information. Cause I take the plan from international airport, the information is not a lot of detail about the hostel address. They should show which exit, which street. They only show after the main station by walk 10min that will be arrive. It is not a lot do detail for address.

It has a great location, is clean and has everything one can need for a couple of days. Good price.

• 23rd Nov 2014