A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Everything was perfect! The location is good and is very easy to get there. The room was very clean. I was traveling alone and it was very safe :)

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Mexico

The place is clean, well-organized, efficient and comfortable, but may be not so good for meeting other backpecker. The staff is usually very friendly, except one young man who is very brief when it comes to explanations.

Easy to find, very clean and comfortable, and affordable. Though located right next to the train station, it was quiet and located such that everything you'd need was a 15-minute walk or a 15-minute train ride away.

One of our roommates threw up all over the floor, from the top bunk onto the floor because he was obliterated. Not so fun. The place smelled pretty vile after that. When we first arrived, though, the place seemed pretty clean. Overall not terrible. You get what you pay for, and it was an inexpensive stay.

• 3rd Jan 2016

We dont recommend this hostel. Part of the staff was really rude and unfriendly. We asked for help and the receptionist answered rudely that we have to read notices on machines. The sheets they give have an extra charge. The hostel atmosphere was not friendly, full of weirdos. We left a night earlier than booked.The only positive thing is that it was really clean.

Although it wasn't expensive to rent bed sheets, I think this should be more clearly stated online so people know what additional fees to expect. It might also be helpful to number the beds in a room so that travelers know which bed is there because when I came back one night, someone else had taken my sheets and bed, not knowing that there was someone there.

• 27th Dec 2015

Too little staffs to handle the customers at the lobby. Have to wait quite long to be attended.

It is a clean location there are lot of public transport if you need to go to the center.

The Wi-fi is relatively weak in the rooms. Apart from that everything is swell. Very comfortable showers and room. I kinda wish the beds are numbered though

Very nice hostel/hotel combination, pretty close to the city centre and nice staff. Only horrible wifi, i've had better wifi in some hostels in china.

They charge additional 3.5 Euro for blanket. The lady receptionist have a verbal fight with everyone

There were no lockers in the rooms. The location is 20 minutes on foot from the main train station. The room was very clean and the staff were friendly.

Would prefer a universal plug in rooms. There were no TV rooms for customers. On the whole was ok. Thanks

Was nice, the staff were great. Roommates are pretty interesting some days.. Had to pay for pool €5 am hour and was charged extra for going only a few minutes over.. Got to pay for kicker too?! Great city, takes a day or two to get used to it but then the beauty stays to sink in!

Internet not working properly on 2015 is the first I see it on a hostel

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Hi On 15-11-2015 i realizesd one of my luggage was stolen from the storage room even both luggages was tied with a strong bicyle chain,I complain to the staff the same day at 10.00pm then I went to the policice station in the main station train both werent interested in give me a written report insiode my luggage was a lether jacket another jacket katmandu personal belonging my medication ,one hand metal engine for metal polish,a watch,clothes and all do(I need more space to write you.........

I never expected this clean for a hostel which offers cheap prices. I stayed in a 4 female shared room, cleanness is perfect, and bed was comfortable. Just one odd thing is 2 of the bed was next to each other, looking like double bed. So it'd suit 2girls (in this case). Location is just next to the station. Receptionists were kind too. I didn't have any problem for my 2week stays.

Mu door card constantly stopped working after I had left the room and tried to enter again on my return. So several times I had to go up to the 6th floor, discover that my card was not working and go back down to reception to renew my card. Internet did not work for 3 days so I had to walk out from the hostel to find nearby cafe. My bedsheeds were taken away and not replaced whilst I had booked my stay for more days.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Estonia

staff were helpful and able to give good directions to all the places to visit

This was the only hostel I stayed at where you were required to make your own bed. If you require bedding it's an extra charge and you have to make the bed yourself. The facilities were clean. Inside the room I was in there were food items left out by backpackers which was kind of gross however tolerable.

• 7th Sep 2015