A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Rude staff!

• 14th Jul 2015

The staff seemed to be unpolite when asked for information. They just said it fast, without showing on the map. And I have stayed in many poor hostels in my life, and the staff always was the saving part. IN this hostel, it ruined it, I almost didn´t want to ask anything. The location was far, we had always to take public transport and there was nothing around, like supermarkets, bars ore anything that we could go by walking. At least the public transport is good.

First, we were obligated to pay for sheets, so, despite the expensive stay, it increased more euros in my expense. And since it is a hostel, they should know that are for backpackers, that sometimes don´t have the money. The second thing was that when I got to the room, the sheets of other people were in my bed, therefore they did not cleaned the room before i get in, even though I arrived and hour after the check in and 4 hours after the check out of other people.

After 4 individual times of not being helped in a way you can expect in a hostel, I decided to write a comment, something I never do.. Unfriendly personel and very expensive drinks in the bar. One time they wouldn't give me a glass, they cannot provide glass to guests, then the other time it was possible. They see the negative.. The location is also bad, a long way to the city center and even longer to sachsenhausen the place to go to party in Frankfurt. Go somewhere else if you can

• 11th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff and clean hostel. We had a private suite which was basic, yet comfortable. The room was much larger than I was expecting.

• 7th Jul 2015

From here you can easily access the city center and old town. The room is clean, quiet and well equipped with necessary facilities for a leisure trip. Necessary services are well provided. The staff are nice and efficient.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • China

It was not air conditioned and it was very hot . I needed to pay extra for sheets. I expected more .

The hostel itself is ok! It is very near to the Frankfurt Haubtbanhof! But the staff isn't very polite. They where unfriendly and unprofessional! And for the price we paid i think that the service isn't enough, also the prices of the bar are very expensive!

• 3rd Jul 2015

The heat was the worst problem. I understand proper air conditioning may increase costs, but fans to pull hot air out of the room or something like that, at minimum, would be helpful. The security for the luggage room made me nervous. One of the desk attendants just handed us the key w/o even checking if we had a room card or anything. I'd be a bit surprised if she just remembered us. There were a lot of kids. Overall fine for the cost, though.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I had a lot of difficulty finding the location and the room was so hot I couldn't sleep.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Poor location. Unfriendly staff. Unbearably hot on warm days. Charge for every little thing. The place was filled with drunk teenagers (16 years old or younger). Overall a very poor hostel experience. I may never stay in an A&O hostel again. I would not recommend saying here unless you are 16 and looking to get drunk and play phooseball all day. Oh, and the Skybar they advertise was never open the whole time we were there.

Stayed here as a stopover from Nuremburg to Amsterdam. For those purposes, the hostel served me well.

Very clean. Spacious and excellent location.

Like a concentration camp. Rooms are very simple and the common area was just not interesting or sociable. Only stayed one night thank god. It's a very old run down building that is desperately needing a face lift.

Team very friendly,

It's an ok hostel, it has everything you need, it is very large so not really an social environment

I've been travelling quite a lot and almost always stayed in hostels. Which is why I was really surprised about the extra costs. 3.50 € for linens with no mentioning of such in advance is pretty expensive. Also the costs for water (2.70 € for 0.5l) is super expensive when you are travelling on a low budget... The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

Very nice place in Frankfurt, cheap yet clean, precisely what a hostel is supposed to be.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Please notify guests that you do not provide bedclothes. I could have brought my own but didn't know and so I had to pay extra which is why I did not mark value for money as excellent.

Had seen some bad reviews for this place so we were a bit apprehensive about it, but when we arrived we found the hostel to be clean and comfortable and was a good stay for one night. Had a nice shower and comfortable beds and easy to reach by metro. The staff also seemed friendly and helpful. We didn't have lockers in our room, but we were the only people in our dorm luckily and not sure if we were upgraded to a hotel room as there were two single beds pushed together?! Good stay for one night.