A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Worst hostel I have stayed at on my 3 month gap year. Rude staff, long checkin, no air conditioning or fans, the rooms were right on the train line, people screaming and shouting outside till 2am. Horrible neighbourhood. Would NEVER come back. I stayed there only because the other hostel in Frankfurt I was at was fully booked.

everything is good , have kitchen (small) staff isnot friendly at all .

The people in Frankfurt were not welcoming at all but thinking that it would be better in the hostel it's completely a big mistake. They are not friendly at all not smiling at all. Specially the last girl to whom I ask for my luggage in the luggage room. She bluntly threw me the keys to go get my luggage. Also this place is too hot, you feel like you're suffocating. There's no AC at all. And finally the check out at 10am is too early.

This is the cleanest AO Hostel I've been to so far. The layout is nearly identical all of their other facilities. My only complaint is that the luggage room was not monitored at all. Left unlocked and out the line of sight of the receptionists. Also, we paid for the €7 for breakfast but I wouldn't bother paying next time, no one collects your breakfast token anyway.

The rooms were very clean, good bathrooms and comfortable bed but the overall atmosphere was not friendly. I would not recommend A&O to anyone travelling alone or looking to make friends

We just stayed at hostel traveling through Germany on our way to Hongary; Location is nice is because you avoid travel issues in the citycentre of Frankfurt and we found a free of charge place to park our car nearby the hostel. aorund the corner there are some resto's & bars. The hostel itself was quiet and clean; but very hot. Room (4bed female dorm) was tiny but clean; however; with no ventillation options it felt like a sauna.

My stay was enjoyable,clean rooms and comfortable stay. Front desk staff however was rude.

• 6th Aug 2015

Extra payment for sheets and towel.

Rude staff!

• 14th Jul 2015

The staff seemed to be unpolite when asked for information. They just said it fast, without showing on the map. And I have stayed in many poor hostels in my life, and the staff always was the saving part. IN this hostel, it ruined it, I almost didn´t want to ask anything. The location was far, we had always to take public transport and there was nothing around, like supermarkets, bars ore anything that we could go by walking. At least the public transport is good.

First, we were obligated to pay for sheets, so, despite the expensive stay, it increased more euros in my expense. And since it is a hostel, they should know that are for backpackers, that sometimes don´t have the money. The second thing was that when I got to the room, the sheets of other people were in my bed, therefore they did not cleaned the room before i get in, even though I arrived and hour after the check in and 4 hours after the check out of other people.

After 4 individual times of not being helped in a way you can expect in a hostel, I decided to write a comment, something I never do.. Unfriendly personel and very expensive drinks in the bar. One time they wouldn't give me a glass, they cannot provide glass to guests, then the other time it was possible. They see the negative.. The location is also bad, a long way to the city center and even longer to sachsenhausen the place to go to party in Frankfurt. Go somewhere else if you can

• 11th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff and clean hostel. We had a private suite which was basic, yet comfortable. The room was much larger than I was expecting.

• 7th Jul 2015

From here you can easily access the city center and old town. The room is clean, quiet and well equipped with necessary facilities for a leisure trip. Necessary services are well provided. The staff are nice and efficient.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • China

It was not air conditioned and it was very hot . I needed to pay extra for sheets. I expected more .

The hostel itself is ok! It is very near to the Frankfurt Haubtbanhof! But the staff isn't very polite. They where unfriendly and unprofessional! And for the price we paid i think that the service isn't enough, also the prices of the bar are very expensive!

• 3rd Jul 2015

The heat was the worst problem. I understand proper air conditioning may increase costs, but fans to pull hot air out of the room or something like that, at minimum, would be helpful. The security for the luggage room made me nervous. One of the desk attendants just handed us the key w/o even checking if we had a room card or anything. I'd be a bit surprised if she just remembered us. There were a lot of kids. Overall fine for the cost, though.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I had a lot of difficulty finding the location and the room was so hot I couldn't sleep.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Poor location. Unfriendly staff. Unbearably hot on warm days. Charge for every little thing. The place was filled with drunk teenagers (16 years old or younger). Overall a very poor hostel experience. I may never stay in an A&O hostel again. I would not recommend saying here unless you are 16 and looking to get drunk and play phooseball all day. Oh, and the Skybar they advertise was never open the whole time we were there.

Stayed here as a stopover from Nuremburg to Amsterdam. For those purposes, the hostel served me well.