A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Nothing really wrong but misses the "backpacker" feeling and the locked kitchen in the basement of a different building then the hostel is also not very good for the atmosphere.

A&O is a big chain hostel so it is fairly clean and safe. However, it did lack intimacy and you had to pay for many things (e.g. linen, breakfast, etc). Although not all hostels include free bed sheets & linens or breakfasts, this certainly is something to be born in mind if you want to keep your budget as low as possible.

The staff screwed up both mine and my travel companion's reservations and tried to charge us for their mistake. Additionally, you are required to pay for sheets, which I have NEVER seen in a hostel and was NOT listed on the website. They said we were welcome to bring our own sheets, but since it was not listed on the website we would not have known that. Also, the beds were an unusual size so our sheets would not have fit anyway. The staff was discourteous and rude. Would not recommend.

Because of the train,too noisy to get sleep.吵死了!

There is no kitchen

This hostel is very close to station!! Although this hostel is not close to Frankfurt hbf , But I think this is good location!! You can use creditcards, but cash is cheaper than creditcards.

Bed linen not included, costs additional 3 euros. Everything else: super!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

It was really awkward having the room building and reception area separated. and the elevator didnt stop on the ground level which means i had to carry my luggage up the stairs to use elevator. now my wrist hurts.

It was clean and good but to use Wifi we have to pay! It wasn't good

• 12th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

bad stuff, bad localization

Everything was ok apart from the hostel being in a seperate building and the elevator is on the first floor not the ground floor so you have to carry your bags up some stairs to get to the elevator. Staff all look very bored and uninterested.

It's a pleasant hostel with a welcoming atmosphere. There are train and bus stations right on the corner and a nice market just a few blocks away. But when it comes to facilities, you have to pay for some things you need, such as bed sheets and internet in your room. Maybe it would be better to charge a higher price but including everything at once.

The sheets for bed are paying (3 euros) ! I've been in many hostels and it's the first time I get this.. Even if you wanna stay in the same room for more than 1 night you still need to check out at 10 am and check in again at 3 pm..

Booked for 3 beds but only two made. Was told had to pay even more for 3rd bed bedding and had to make ourselves. When asked staff for directions/recommendations they sent us to red light district. Very poor service

location is not so bad but not very convenient wifi can be used only in the loby maybe it can be little uncomfortable and breakfast is little expensive but very clean staff is kind

staffs at the reception were always busy. seems like they have to help on the check in things

Your typical neat and tidy hostel. All of what you would expect from an A&O hostel/hotel.

The location is excelent, but the atmosphere is very strange. The Staff didn't help us with informations about the city when we ask.

I do not like when they have to pay extra for things that are elsewhere standard. Moreover, when you thanks to them, the price climbs to 75 percent. Pay for bedding, to which I could not fit on the bed ready to quilt. In almost square sheets are rectangular blanket just can not squeeze. The windows to the street was the obscure and two small radiators large area nevytopily rooms. so I left the hostel not only sleep-deprived because of the light from the street, but i already cold in the early morning hours.

Me and my family had a really great staying. The hostel is really good with a great staff and very close to the subway station that is just in the corner. We could meet frankfurt and enjoyed a lot the experience. The hostel is clean and confortable.