A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Excellent place! I'm a long term client of A/O hostels and never go to the hotels. German hostels are best in the world. The stuff, service and everhthing is of highest level. Super clean and cordial, and free athmosphere. Thanks for everything!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Wi-fi Connection didn't work.

I was surprised not to get a towel... among the staff, only the lady at the bar who got my checkout was pleasant, the other staff I met seemed to have been prison guardian as their previous job. Appart from that, excellent location and good hygiene.

• 15th Apr 2015

One thing disappointing me the most is that I paid cash when I checked in but they charged me again via the credit card afterwards.That means I paid twice for the night. I wrote them an email and no one replied! I just find no way to get back my money and I'm still waiting for their reply. Hope that they can see it after I comment here! Generally, I just don't find myself happy with the stay in A&O hostels,neither the Köln one or the Frankfurt one. Sehr schlecht!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

IIt wasn't the best hostel I've been to but it was good. The staff was okay, not too friendly, just doing their jobs. I stayed in an 8-people bedroom and one of my roommates got stolen 100 euros and another 200 korean money from his wallet while he was asleep from the locker inside the room with a padlock!, so he couldn't really know or see who the person was. He told us all to be careful and take all of our valuables with us at all times. He said the guys in the reception didn't care much.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Paraguay

I liked that there were soap and shampoo in toilet and shower. The staff, the girl serving at counter, she was rude. She was serving alcohol beverage on the side, and did not bother to come to reception counter for few minutes. Neither, she told that I m coming. ALthough, she could see two people standing there for few minutes. As soon she come to counter, she really starting in a rude tone of behavior.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

I was one week in the hostel and there was no cleaning in the room.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

The cost of lending bed sheets is higher than the their original cost itself. I would recommend you to keep it low as you are just giving the washed ones to new people coming to the hostel. 3 Euro is more for students.

The place was cheap, but rather dirty and I didn't manage to get any sleep thanks to college students who insisted on partying in the room despite a polite request to let others sleep (after 11 pm).

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

It take 15mins walk from the main station. It's not so long but little people in the street if you go back after 2000. Nice room, cleaning and everything inside, expect it's no kitchen provide. Wifi is good and warm enough.

I found the room very nice for the price paid. The only thing to say is that I tryed to speak in german with one of the girls in staff and she always answered me in english.

• 21st Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel for the price.

This hostel location was really GOOD!! VERY CLOSE TO THE METRO STATION!!

It was good, but i didn't like the following things: 1) They charge you 3 Eur for bed linen, and then you find that 2 beds in the rooms already have it, another 2 don't 2) They take a 20 Eur deposit for the kitchen key 3) The drain hole in the shower was blocked and the water didn't go through, but they did nothing to fix the problem 4) The floor in the room wasn't cleaned during 4 days 5) 2 beds were so close to each other, it was like sleeping with someone is a double bed!