A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Stayed here as a stopover from Nuremburg to Amsterdam. For those purposes, the hostel served me well.

Very clean. Spacious and excellent location.

Team very friendly,

It's an ok hostel, it has everything you need, it is very large so not really an social environment

I've been travelling quite a lot and almost always stayed in hostels. Which is why I was really surprised about the extra costs. 3.50 € for linens with no mentioning of such in advance is pretty expensive. Also the costs for water (2.70 € for 0.5l) is super expensive when you are travelling on a low budget... The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

Very nice place in Frankfurt, cheap yet clean, precisely what a hostel is supposed to be.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Please notify guests that you do not provide bedclothes. I could have brought my own but didn't know and so I had to pay extra which is why I did not mark value for money as excellent.

Had seen some bad reviews for this place so we were a bit apprehensive about it, but when we arrived we found the hostel to be clean and comfortable and was a good stay for one night. Had a nice shower and comfortable beds and easy to reach by metro. The staff also seemed friendly and helpful. We didn't have lockers in our room, but we were the only people in our dorm luckily and not sure if we were upgraded to a hotel room as there were two single beds pushed together?! Good stay for one night.

Room was above the main entrance by which cigarette smoke from the smokers entered - disgusting!

Excellent place! I'm a long term client of A/O hostels and never go to the hotels. German hostels are best in the world. The stuff, service and everhthing is of highest level. Super clean and cordial, and free athmosphere. Thanks for everything!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Wi-fi Connection didn't work.

I was surprised not to get a towel... among the staff, only the lady at the bar who got my checkout was pleasant, the other staff I met seemed to have been prison guardian as their previous job. Appart from that, excellent location and good hygiene.

• 15th Apr 2015

One thing disappointing me the most is that I paid cash when I checked in but they charged me again via the credit card afterwards.That means I paid twice for the night. I wrote them an email and no one replied! I just find no way to get back my money and I'm still waiting for their reply. Hope that they can see it after I comment here! Generally, I just don't find myself happy with the stay in A&O hostels,neither the Köln one or the Frankfurt one. Sehr schlecht!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

IIt wasn't the best hostel I've been to but it was good. The staff was okay, not too friendly, just doing their jobs. I stayed in an 8-people bedroom and one of my roommates got stolen 100 euros and another 200 korean money from his wallet while he was asleep from the locker inside the room with a padlock!, so he couldn't really know or see who the person was. He told us all to be careful and take all of our valuables with us at all times. He said the guys in the reception didn't care much.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Paraguay

I liked that there were soap and shampoo in toilet and shower. The staff, the girl serving at counter, she was rude. She was serving alcohol beverage on the side, and did not bother to come to reception counter for few minutes. Neither, she told that I m coming. ALthough, she could see two people standing there for few minutes. As soon she come to counter, she really starting in a rude tone of behavior.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

I was one week in the hostel and there was no cleaning in the room.

• 11th Jan 2015