A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

Mixed dorms is not 7 men and 1 woman. I've traveled the world and if I were a newer solo female traveler, I can imagine this being really uncomfortable. Please make a least one all female dorm.

Big enough to put all laggage in. The Room was clean and quiet.

Everything is good except the noise at night.

This hostel charged an additional €3 each on arrival for bed sheets, without informing us in advance of this extra charge

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Only stayed 1 night and arrived quite late, but the receptionist was not very welcoming when checking in. Also the extra charges for paying by card and needing bed sheets was not great. Parking was easy behind the hostel, but expensive! Overall the hostel was ok, but definitely not one of the best during our trip around Europe.

the staff was very helpful. for example i pay to use internet and when i jump on the computer everything was set up in german. i lost 10 min out of my 2o to wait to ask someone at receptiin if they could help me to set up in english...i felt like it was pain in the ass for her and she didnt want to reset my 20 min...

The location is 20 minutes walking from city centre. Staff members can be friendlier.

Kitchen facility is a turn off, in order to use the tiny size kitchen we have to put 20 euro deposit. Kitchen was dirty and the stove doesnt even work. But in general, this hostel is great.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Возле жд ,ночью не дают спать. 有些房间在铁路旁边晚上很难睡好。

• 29th Aug 2014
  • China

We stay here for one night only for catching the morning train. Contradict with what we expect, it turn out very bright and quite big room. Highly recommend

Central was only a few stops away by tram, rooftop bar wasn't open, all in all, i'd stay there again, value for money!

• 22nd Aug 2014

At the first point when we step into hostel they charge extra 3 euros for the bed sheets and the reception staff is not an understandable english speaker. The room was clean and in a good condition. Location is good for anyone. Hostel atmosphere is not very good.

The place is very unsafe the rooms although clean have a really bad smell this place is definately not for young travellers the staff is not helpful

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Very good

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Had opportunity to meet and share the room with people from other countries. Rooms are comfortable, clean and nice. I would recommend to provide locks for the wardrobes which are in the rooms. Used the kitchen for evening tea/coffee, it has all necessary equipment but electrical kettle though. Luggage room is very convenient to store the extra baggage, and provision of safe is very useful to store more valuable things.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Turkmenistan

The staff was really awful. I've waited 20 minutes to check-in and I was third in line. They were not friendly and they didn't care. To lock the lockers in the room you need a particular type of lock. I had 2 and one was too small and the other too big. Anyway the rest was pretty awesome, clean,and cheap.

Nearby main central station walking in 20 mins.

Clean hostel with all necessary, wi-fi, laundry, kitchen, hairdryer, lockers. If you are not looking for home atmosphere, just a good clean place to stay for few days than this place would fit you. Bathroom was just right in the room, that was convenient.

Its more like a hotel. As a travelling backpacker, staying here is ok if u don't mind eating out for all your meals. Good location, 1 stop outside city centre by train. There's a laundry shop just down the road from the hotel. Overall a good experience.

Everything wasn't bad at all, the only thing that I could think of to improve on could be installing fans in the rooms but opening the windows did help a lot- after all it is a hostel!