A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte Reviews

Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, Frankfurt, Germany

IIt wasn't the best hostel I've been to but it was good. The staff was okay, not too friendly, just doing their jobs. I stayed in an 8-people bedroom and one of my roommates got stolen 100 euros and another 200 korean money from his wallet while he was asleep from the locker inside the room with a padlock!, so he couldn't really know or see who the person was. He told us all to be careful and take all of our valuables with us at all times. He said the guys in the reception didn't care much.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Paraguay

I liked that there were soap and shampoo in toilet and shower. The staff, the girl serving at counter, she was rude. She was serving alcohol beverage on the side, and did not bother to come to reception counter for few minutes. Neither, she told that I m coming. ALthough, she could see two people standing there for few minutes. As soon she come to counter, she really starting in a rude tone of behavior.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

I was one week in the hostel and there was no cleaning in the room.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

The cost of lending bed sheets is higher than the their original cost itself. I would recommend you to keep it low as you are just giving the washed ones to new people coming to the hostel. 3 Euro is more for students.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • India

The place was cheap, but rather dirty and I didn't manage to get any sleep thanks to college students who insisted on partying in the room despite a polite request to let others sleep (after 11 pm).

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

It take 15mins walk from the main station. It's not so long but little people in the street if you go back after 2000. Nice room, cleaning and everything inside, expect it's no kitchen provide. Wifi is good and warm enough.

I found the room very nice for the price paid. The only thing to say is that I tryed to speak in german with one of the girls in staff and she always answered me in english.

• 21st Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel for the price.

This hostel location was really GOOD!! VERY CLOSE TO THE METRO STATION!!

It was good, but i didn't like the following things: 1) They charge you 3 Eur for bed linen, and then you find that 2 beds in the rooms already have it, another 2 don't 2) They take a 20 Eur deposit for the kitchen key 3) The drain hole in the shower was blocked and the water didn't go through, but they did nothing to fix the problem 4) The floor in the room wasn't cleaned during 4 days 5) 2 beds were so close to each other, it was like sleeping with someone is a double bed!

Comfy place to spend a night. It is in a very convenient location and easy to find. Excellent value for money.

Wi-Fi wasn't really good, I was loosing connection all the time and we didn't have parking place, because the girl in reception said that everything is full. Although in web page they are saying that they have parking place and we chose this hostel exactly because of that. That was a little bit disappointing, but other then that hostel was good, room was clean, bathroom as well, linens clean, bed comfy. And is is in a walking distance from the center so I would stay there once more if necessary.

Good value for money about 1.2km from central station.

It is a well-located hostel, near to metro station. It is more like a hotel with a hostel, so do not expect a hostel atmosfere, you cannot meet people or sit in a common area to talk. You have to pay for bed linen ( crazy right?) and breakfast is so expensive 7 euros! To use the kitchen, you have to leave a deposit of 20 euros and then they give you the key. The kitchen was nasty when I was there ( refrigerator and cabinets were disgusting). Lacked many facilities in the kitchen!

The People at reception were not very friendly. i arrived there at 21:00 and there were nearly 7-8 guests waiting but there was only 1 receptionist.. so it took 20-25 minutes for my turn to come. just an advise: bring your own lock. not very big..

No hotel than a hostel.

Great place to stay... Felt like more of a hotel than a hostel. Rooms were extremely clean an bathrooms were kitted out with free soap and shower gel. Receptionist was also really friendly. Only a couple of stops on the tram from Frankfurt train station.

• 24th Oct 2014

The bedroom was very clean when we arrived. Perhaps in Germany the housekeeping is done differently than in Brazil, but we found it a bit odd that only the garbage was taken each day and the beds weren't done when we returned to the room. Also, we used the kitchen a few times, and it had a smell not too pleasing, and the sink wasn't clean.

• 24th Oct 2014

깨끗해여 이거믿고 뮌헨도 에이엔오 갔다가 후회함ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 깨끗하고 좋아요

The room is clean and there's shampoo and hand washer in the toilette. The location is good. It's near to the book fair, S-Bahn station and the Hbf.