AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

There was no air conditioning, the third floor was unbearable. Staff gave us a fan but there were very few outlets in the room. The area was a bit shady and i woulnt recommend staying here alone.

they don't have breakfast and reliable wifi network. beds are small, and there are no air conditioner. However, they have locker, so security is good.

The hostel was in a great, downtown location close to many bars and restaurants. It didn't have any common area or kitchen that I could find, although someone said they existed (I have no clue where they would be and I stayed there for a week). It's not a great hostel to meet people in since there's no sense of community but it was clean and well priced. The dorm rooms have bunk beds which I'm not a big fan of and no a/c which made it pretty hot in the room during the summer even with the fan.

• 7th Jul 2014

It was a great location, right between Civic Park and Capitol Hill, and very close to the beginning of the 16th Avenue Mall. I was able to walk everywhere. Room was basic, but sufficient. Common area was locked, for good reason, but did not lend itself to the kinds of mingling one finds abroad. For some reason, the staff was not very openly friendly.

Nice staff and a good location for access to Lower Downtown. Rooms could definitely use an update (especially the ensuite single occupancy bathroom that I used), but overall this is a fantastic value. For $55 a night I don't need a luxury bathroom. Though the bed, carpet, lamps, etc. were older, you can tell everything was cleaned thoroughly, including the mattress. My room had a TV that I didn't use but it was nice to have. Those ultra sensitive to summer heat may find this place a little warm.

I had apt of problems with this place. I left after checking in and came back to find someone else had been assigned to my bed and all my belongings had been removed from my locker and brought to the front desk. I was then assigned a new room and had to wait for my bed to be made because it wasn't ready. The next day when I went to check out there was no record of me at all, including the copy of my drivers license that was misplaced, so I never got the refund on my deposit, which was promised.

See other reviews re: atmosphere, it's an ok place to stay although needs a major revamp, but if you're expecting a hostel feel then you'll be disappointed. The location's pretty good but that's about all I can say.

1 2 Next » last »