Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

One of the best hostels I've stayed in & I've stayed in many. It's easy to make a secure, clean hostel with comfy beds (which this hostel ticks all those boxes). But to create a positive, sociable, friendly atmosphere is no mean feat but this hostel has it in abundance. This hostel isn't too big so the breakfast in the morning & the happy hour in the evening gets everyone mingling without it being a party hostel. The staff are incredibly helpful, chatty & full of local knowledge. Loved it!

One of the best hostels we've stayed in so far. Super clean and great atmosphere!

20 min walk from the center, 5 bed dorm has no wifi and the only toilet/shower room is downstairs. The wooden bed frame completely broke when I kneeled on the bed to close the window (I'm 50 kg & this was an hour into my stay). One of the staff was rather unfriendly and didn't tell me that they leave the doors wide open after cleaning. Since I was in the room alone I left my laptop and things on my bed, and I was annoyed that they made it so anyone could've walked in.

• 24th Sep 2015

Location is away from the main sights but dont let that deter you! Probably one of the best hostel kitchens i've come across! The common area is cool! Happy hour in the evening is a great feature! The staff are real friendly! Beds were comfy and the bathrooms clean! All round winner!

I loved my stay here! The atmosphere is really great, the people who work there as volunteers did such a fabulous job at making it a good vibe by including everyone, and when I arrived I had everything explained very well. They kept it very clean! The kitchen was super clean and well equipped! What I found upsetting was when the owners were around, I felt VERY uncomfortable by how they treated their staff and it made me feel like I needed to leave the room when they were present.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at this entire trip. The staff was absolutely fantastic and just made you feel right at home. The vibe there was so chill and everyone would gather to drink Belgian beer together and sometimes go out afterwards. I've made some great friends there. All the facilities were great and everything was super clean, especially the kitchen which was nice and spacious. Had a beautiful time there.

Really loved my stay at this hostel, and would reccomend for solo travelers. 10 minute metro or 30 minute walk to city centre. Has free breakfast and happy hour. Also a movie room. Only negatives: the 5 bedroom dorm didn't have wifi, and there weren't too many bathrooms servicing all the dorms which were far from some of the dorms, but it wasn't too much of a problem. Would stay again.

Best Hostel on my seven Towns-Tour, very familiar atmosphere. I definitly recommend to stay there.

Great hostel. Quite cozy. The staff was really nice and eager to help in everything.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Finland

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! I loved the staff who were super friendly and chatted with me about my trip as soon as I arrived and gave me a tour of the whole hostel. The rooms a very spacious and clean and there is a full kitchen with some spices available as well to cook meals. There is also a wonderful and friendly atmosphere about the place that brings people together as well as a happy hour to try some good Belgian beer and meet other travelers before going out. I recommend!

Best hostel! Great place. Everything you need they have thought of it to make your stay great! You'll love it, staff is so nice.

The hostel was hard to find!

Had a great stay! The location is conveniently placed right next to a team stop that takes you to the center of Antwerp in a matter of minutes The location is really good, with an attention to detail in the decoration and great breakfast in the morning. Thanks to all the staff there, slept like a baby :-D

• 10th Sep 2015

One of the best hostel in the world! You would feel at home once you are there. 14 beds dorm sounds clam however the room is quite big so you would not feel so squeezy.

Absolutely awesome place to stay!!! Really friendly people, great atmosphere, and cheap beer!!! Really easy to meet people here!!! :)

Good, social place! The owners are very nice! Averagely clean. Was a little awkward to have to walk partly through the common area to get to the showers. A bit out from city center, but located in an actual neighborhood, so not surrounded by tourists. I'd stay again!

Abhostel is friendly and welcoming with a good atmosphere and some nice features: outside area; beer happy hour; funky communal area. Unfortunately, we didn't particularly like the area around the hostel, albeit that it is not that far to the centre. We had a private room (twin) but this was situated in one of the dorms, separated only by a glass panelled door with a blind, which was disappointing. The room was also a bit cold and the sheets could do with replacing as they look and feel dated.

Excellent hostel, the place is clean and organized, the staff is extremly friendly and common area is a great place to meet people.

Amazing staff who truely care, breakfast is awesome so great to have pancakes and eggs after travelling for so long! Great atmosphere try make you feel right at home. Shame it's about of a walk to the centre but totally worth it!!!!!

Really amazing hostel. Close to the city and many tram lines, this hostel was very clean and had plenty of space in the rooms. It was easy to meet and talk to other travelers. Beer at happy hour is reasonably priced. The showers only have one temperature, which is mostly lukewarm and occasionally hot. The staff is very friendly and the placed geared for travelers. The kitchen is well equipped, although the fridge is small. Overall, a pleasant experiences.