Abu Safari Jaisalmer

8.7
Fabulous 239 Total Reviews

• Spain, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2017

The perfect place to chill with amazing views to the fort. Abu, the owner, is very friendly, gentle and helpful! I felt lucky to find a place like this! The desert safari was also a great experience with a nice crew!

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2017

The Hostel itself isn't anything special, no complains at all, staff are friendly not much going on during low season but they desert safari was a great experience - defiantly recommend!

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Me and my friend read a few reviews online before staying here about the staff being inappropriate with women. We were a bit nervous and were very mindful of this during our stay. HOWEVER we did not experience any inappropriate behaviour. There is a slightly odd atmosphere but I think that's because we stayed in June 'off season' so the hostel was pretty much dead. We booked a sunset safari camel tour with these guys and LOVED it. Our driver, Dapu (sorry if spelt wrong), was a great.

25th May 2017

Abu and his staff were very accommodating and hospitable. We were given rides to and from the train station and treated with the utmost respect. Will be staying here again if I ever find myself in Jaisalmer!

• England, Female, 25-30
6th May 2017

Safari was good although does not include everything that it claims to e.g. Whiskey and coke and folk dancing in low season but still good value. The restaurant has reasonable food made good by the helpfulness of the staff and view of the fort. All in all, I would say Abu Safari was excellent value for money and a nice place to stay

• Germany, Male, 18-24
1st May 2017

Super hostel. Had a very cheap room and it go air conditioner and beds were nice... Very comfortable and friendly staff We got there in April which is not in the season so the people are looking forward to sell you camel tours but after I said that I don t want to go on one they didn't ask me again. So a good place to stay for low budget backpackers...

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

I had a great stay at Abu Safari. As a single female traveller they made me feel so safe which is always a good thing when travelling around. I found the rooms really spacious and clean. The rooftop had a great atmosphere with like minded travellers. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. They drove me to book tickets. I also did the safari with them which was out of this world. A well organised magical night out in the desert. If you get a chance don't say no. I would highly recommend +++

• India, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

It was an extremely nice & pleasant experience staying at Abu hotel. He is very cordial,friendly and mature. Anyone visiting jaisalmer, it's a must go. Also the cost is very less,you get neat dormitory at a throw away price. Also he is a party person so beer and drinks are always on. The camel safari is awesome, you go to deep desert and it's well organised. Highly recommend this one :)

6th Apr 2017
7.1

Great value hostel, restaurant upstairs is great and the guy that served us was fab, he couldn't do enough for you. Food was good. Secure lockers and nice aircon dorm for good price. The bathrooms could do with being cleaner. I didn't like the way some staff would just walk into your room whenever they felt like it. The check in service was poor.Pick up service offered but nobody arrived. Abu is a nice man.

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Apr 2017
4.9

Stayed here as we were doing the safari with them. They offered us a free pickup from the train station however nobody showed up. This seemed to be the case with the other guests we spoke to. Rooms are nice, however The bedsheets were never changed between guests and the bathrooms were grim, no toilet seat and sometimes no water. The staff have a weird creepy vibe and come into your room constantly and unannounced. we would not recommend for solo female travelers.