Abu Safari Jaisalmer Reviews

Near Fort, Dhibba Para, Jaisalmer, India

This is a unbelievably nice hostel considering the low price, and the staff and backpacker atmosphere is excellent. This should be your only consideration when staying in Jaisalmer.

• 6th Feb 2016

We spent a night in the hostel and 2 nights in the desert and had the greatest time! From Abu, the owner, to Roja the camel man, without forgetting Jalu tha camel, the all staff is amazingly fun and kind. will be missed... see you soon!!

Best hostel ive stayed at on my trip! Thanks Abu! Mamma mia life!

I stayed at Abu Safari for 2 weeks! The hostel is close to the fort, approx. a 10mins walk, so the location is very nice. They offer a pick-up service from bus and train station, so just call Abu an hour prior to your arrival and someone will pick you up. The rest of the staff, like Durga and Puron, the chefs, or Salim the little sidekick are all super friendly and helpful. The 6bed fem dorm was nice and got cleaned once a day, so everything was nice and clean. 10/10 recommend to stay :)

Go on abu safari!

Friendly staff! There is always someone available! Hostel is near everything and offers an amazing safari! The crowd of the hotel is young and dynamic!

We loved our stay at Abu Safari! Abu and all the staff were really helpful and accommodating and will make sure you are happy and having a good time! Rooms are basic but comfortable and you cant beat the price... The rooftop restaurant is nice and it has a lovely view of the fort. Overall it had a lovely atmosphere and would definitely recommend staying here.

The hostel is ok for the money you pay. it is centrally located. and Abu the owner offers free taxi rides... and he is kind of crazy. you can choose this hostel if u can ignore the creepy hostel staff....!

• 24th Dec 2015
  • India

For the same price or cheaper (2 x double rooms) we had stayed at much nicer and cleaner places throughout Rajastan. The water was barely warm and I got sick from eating the veg curry there. Aside from that the staff were extremely helpful and Abu very accommodating picking us up from the train station, organising a bus and letting us a have a room for an hour after the camel safari to shower before the bus trip.

I stayed one night in Abu hostel(the hostel is basic,a clean bed,hot shower,average WiFi,good terrace restaurant,and great staff always happy to help you) and the next day I did Abu safari wild tour(the only downside of the tour was the local village was empty),I was delighted both services ,they gave me a free pick from train stationand fee drop off at the bus station at 7am!he(Abu)booked my bus ticket(without any commission!!!)I came as a guess ,I left as friend,see you again,soon!

Amazing Abu

a bit chaotic at times with people coming and going on safari. the fort is absolute rubbish, it is an open air market and not a historical building. I didn't want the safari and found myself in the hostel as the only guest.

Abu is crazy. Crazy is life. Life is camel. Camel is safari. Safari is desert. Desert is India. India is heart. But for real, stay at Abu's if you want to have a good time and meet other laid back travelers. I stayed one night at the hostel and one night safari. The hostel was basic but you can't beat the price. Plus you get entertainment from Abu. The safari was great and very chilled out. Sleeping under the stars was a memory I'll never forget.

I loved this hostel! Abu is an absolute legend, he makes sure everyone is having a good time! He helped us with loads of stuff. The hostel has an awesome rooftop with a really good cafe and it's really close to everything. Great value for money. Thanks for everything! Ali & Tild xx

Can't really ask for much more! Really cheap, awesome location (it's a 5min walk to the fort), great staff and a nice chill vibe. The rooftop is really nice and the restaurant has really nice cheap food. Abu is really friendly and is happy to help organise anything for you. He even let us use his mobile to call a company and then insisted we keep using it until we got through to them. We had a really nice time :)

Abu Safari hotel.. Mama Mia!! Best place you can stay in Jaisalmer. I stayed in both the dorm and private room and both were all good! Abu is an amazing host, very very funny man with lots of funny stories also Durga the cook makes amazing food on perfect chill out rooftop! Camel Safari also the best one available in Jaisalmer! :) LIFE IS ABU SAFARI ❤️

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Abu is a very nice person and we had a wonderful time at the hostel. If you do the camel safari doublecheck with him beforehand on which Places you want to visit on the tour.

abu safaris is a great place to stay. it's owned by the charasmatic but slightly crazy (in a good way) abu khan. the hostel is clean and staff are friendly. really chilled atmosphere abd great place to stay if you are looking for a place to meet ppl and join a safari. only downside is food is a bit overpriced for what it is and the chai could be free flowing not 20 rupees for a small cup. otherwise a great place to stay. highly recommended

Great hostel!Good location, beds and bathrooms are perfect and wifi works very well.The rooftop is an excellent place to meet people, relax and eat good food. Abu and his staff are very nice and are always trying to make you feel comfortable. Even picked us up and left us in the railway státion for free! Special thanks to Clara who was very nice and helpful with us! Sofia and Mili

We had such a great time here that we stayed 8 nights! And would have stayed longer if we had had the time. All the staff are super friendly and made us feel like part of the family. A special mention has to go to Abu (hotel owner) and Durga (rooftop restaurant owner) who are both amazing! Durga rustles up some of the best food we have eaten and Abu keeps everyone entertained with his crazy antics, games and activities. They will pick you up and drop you off from the bus or train station 4 free

• 19th Oct 2015