Abu Safari Jaisalmer Reviews

Near Fort, Dhibba Para, Jaisalmer, India

Great place to stay! Abu and the staff are nice and relaxed. The rooms are confortable, and the terrace is nice to hangout. The hot water is not really hot, but depending on the weather is not that bad.

i had the most amazing time during my stay at abu safari! abu is a fun, crazyyy and super kind guy that does everything to make sure your experience of jaisalmer becomes the best possible! location is good - very close to the fort. rooms are big, fairly clean and crazy cheap - very good value for the money! roof top is amazing - tasty and cheap food and a good social vibe! camel safari was the best - riding on a camel, eating supertasty food and sleeping under the stars - wow!

Abu Safari is incredible! Abu is such an awesome dude, and the safari trek was unreal. Thanks so much!

• 8th Mar 2015

Abu Safari was the best hostel experience I had in India! Abu is awesome and completely trustworthy- he'll pick you up and drop you off at the train station, and goes out of his way to make your stay phenomenal. The camel safari was a great experience as was sleeping under the stars, and they take you to a great location that's not overrun by tourists. Hostel was fun in a great location and with great food. Would stay again if I could!!

• 21st Feb 2015

The festival time probably left a lot to desire staying in the building, but the commune type atmosphere overrode everything else at Jaisalmer.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I returned to Jaisalmer. Abu and his team gave not just the best service in the guesthouse but also with an unreal Camel Safari. Great food on the upstairs terrace with views of the fort, speedy wifi (only above the first floor) and location is ideal. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to Abu Safari I fell in love with Jaisalmer! I have only good things to say - the room, price, staff, location, view and of course, Abu the owner! The rooftop was a nice place to hang out and chat with good food and attentive staff. We booked for 2 and stayed 5, still reluctant to leave! Make sure you book the camel safari with Abu Safari - it was an incredible experience and from what people I met said, way better than others in town (some force you to sleep at 8pm!). 100% recommended

Only hot shower i had in India! lovely hotel and lovely owner, he went beyond the call of duty to make our tie in jaisalmer memorable.

Abu and his staff are so welcoming, friendly and generous! We also book a Safari in the desert and it was very well planned. Plus when you get back, you really have a free room to relax and get a hot shower. This is perfect place to enjoy Jaisalmer!

• 5th Jan 2015

Hands down the best value for money accommodation either of us have ever stayed at. Abu is helpful, kind, generous and, most of all, honest. Abu's written English isn't strong because he's a desert guy, so easy English in emails is best. A phone call can sort out any communication problems. If you are getting picked up by Abu, remember to look for his tattoo! People may try to take you to their hotel by pretending to be Abu. This Jaisalmer institution is a must-stay if you're in the area!

The staff is super friendly and Abu really treats you as a friend. The roof terrance is very cozy and they serve very tasteful food! 100% recommended.

We had a fantastic stay in Jaisalmer with Abu Safari. Our train arrived 4 hours late, at 3am, but Abu was waiting outside for us! Abu was truly amazing throughout our whole stay! The train station is 5-10 minutes away from the Hotel, and the Hotel is only a 5-10 minute walk from the shops and Jaisalmer Fort. Our room was excellent, and the restaurant upstairs was superb! They have many camel safari options to fit your wishes. (We particularly appreciated the room to rest in after we returned!)

Abu and his Hotel is truly amazing his friendly staff were very helpful and kind. Hotel was great with good food and great views of the fort. couldn't recommend this place more. Abu is also a great person and goes out of his way to help you out. His safari was also awesome and it was truely a great experience. Thanks Abu!

Good value and friendly staff but they are very disorganised. You need to ask several times for toilet paper, etc and rooms are not ready on arrival. Linens (towels/blankets) were quite dirty. We went on a great safari though. The food wasn't the best but it was a lovely experience sleeping under the stars. Bring warm clothes for sleeping!

Hello! First of all sorry for make you wait, our hotel was completely full in this day, for this reason we gave you the room 10 min late. Thanks for your notice! Your opinion is extremely important for us improve our services. I feel also sad for this situation. I hope you enjoined the safari! We do all to do our customers happy.

Abu is amazing he helps with everything you need and more. You must stay here if you are in jaisalmer and make sure you go on a camel safari

My 1st ever bad review! Our experience differed to others. Abu and staff were welcoming until we didn't want to do safari, then the attitude changed and we became a burden. The staff are different when Abu is away and it felt like we were always being watched. I met girls who had stayed here and left because they felt like the staff were always trying to get them drunk. My room was cheap and Abu discounted my friend's room when we complained, but we moved to another hostel which was much better

Excellent hostel - cheap and good location for the fort. Staff very friendly and helpful and really just want you to have a good time. Safari offered by the hostel was great.