Abu Safari Jaisalmer

Fabulous 219 Total Reviews

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
21st Mar 2017
6.9

The camel safari through Abu Safari was excellent and the free pick up and drop off from the train station was also a bonus. The washroom didn't have a toilet seat and the bed sheets definitely didn't get washed after each guest. Abu made us feel pretty uncomfortable and we generally got weird vibes from a lot of the staff. If you're just looking for a place to sleep before the camel safari then it's good value for money. Overall a strange experience.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
19th Mar 2017
6.0

While the chill vibe of this hostel may appeal to some people, I was less than pleased with the lax atmosphere and lack of personal boundaries on the part of the staff members. They popped their heads into the dorm room at all hours without knocking. Abu himself was on the creepy side with unnecessary touching, while harmless it was unwarranted. The safari was a great time and this place works great for a one night pit stop before heading into the desert. Caution to female solo travelers.

17th Mar 2017

Wonderful staff, great restaurant on the roof with a view of the fort. On the back side of the old town so 15 min walk to gate. Large dorm room. I'd stay again

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2017
8.0

Big hostel. Gave me a little bit of a hotel feeling. Nice location. Close to the Fort Gate. Nice rooftop with good food. The Camel Safari was nice. Even though we didn't do all the stuff that was said in the description. Inappropriate interaction with the owner. He's a nice guy but he should learn to keep more distance to his female customers. Made me feel very uncomfortable.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th Mar 2017

Abu Safari Hotel is a chill and supercheap place to stay. For the amount of money you pay you get way more than expected: the staff is very helpful and friendly, their rooftop restaurant is cosy, the dorms are clean.. all in all the service is great and the location is not too far off from everything. Everything is in walkable distance. definutely recommendable!

• benjohny
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
3rd Mar 2017

I loved my stay with ABU, He made this stay amazing and the staff are always willing to help Prince was fantastic at the restaurant and the vibe upstairs was amazing. ABU is always up for a chat and wants to have a good time. I felt like I got special attention from the staff but that's just how they are Extended my stay by 2 days

2nd Mar 2017

Nice hostel in middle of the desert. It's cheap, Staff is really nice people, they are very polite and dispose to helping you. It has a awesome roof with a very nice Forth sight and good food. They offer you pick up/drop off at the train station so, it's easy to find it.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
23rd Feb 2017
4.0

Abu Safari is not worth it the price. I changed my room for a private one. I paid 800.00 rupees for one night. The toilet sit was broken, the toilet was dirty, the Internet wifi didn't work properly. I had to go all the way up to the roof and it still didn't work smoothly. Shower was cold and there's was no one available in the late evening to help me out. By 11pm, there was no one at the reception. I'm glad I only stayed there for one night.

15th Feb 2017

Pros: good location, excellent rooftop with good restaurant, hot shower, nice staff, cheap. Cons: bathroom not the cleanest, deorganised in dorm rooms. They have camel safari which is said to be good, but I tried from somewhere else. There was no forcing to do their safari. All in all, I recommend!

• India, Female, 31-40
8th Feb 2017

Hi Abu It was marvellous staying at your place - we were only ladies with a kid and found the best above the expectations. Enjoyed so much that made us to say to all our friends. Roof top - cannot be bounded in words - ultimate place, especially the guest of yours were so friendly , we have all exchanged our whatsap no. also. Nevertheless to say - "MAMA MIYAN " mouth watering and healthy dishes. We all wish you the best and always be the same cheering, helpful and loving. FLYING COLORS FOR U