Ace of Spades Hostel Reviews

Prešernova Cesta 41a, Bled, Slovenia

The hostel is in a great location! Really close to the main bus station and the lake. The staff suggested really good places to eat as well!

Second time here, first time in winter. It is just insanely beautiful. Staff were incredible, super close to ski resorts and heaps to do. Will be back

You have to change shoes when entering the hostel which is indeed a bit wierd, but at least the floor is clean even in wintertime :) Noise travels through doors and windows but otherwise the place is awesome. Location could not be better and the staff is the kindest. Nice common room and clean bathrooms. The balcony offers quite a view of the town.

Everything was great! Thanks to all the members of hostel. I really recommend it. 생각보다 블레드에 오래 머물렀는데 정말 만족했습니다. 야간에 도착해서 숙소찾기가 쉽진 않았는데 자매호스텔인 캐슬천사 바로 위에 있었습니다(대로변 수퍼마켓 바로건너편. 입구가 도로변). 그런데 도착하니 오버부킹이었는지 황당하게도 미안하다며 캐슬천사로 안내하더군요.. 이 리뷰는 그래서 캐슬천사 내용입니다. 시설이나 매니저, 환경 모두 만족했습니다. 객실침대,전기사용,와이파이,사물함 모두 좋았고, 공용욕실-화장실 또한 (비수기긴했지만) 넉넉했습니다. 공용공간과 부엌이 넓고 시설이 좋아 특히 맘에 들었습니다. 장기간 머물러도 부담없고 매니저도 안내를 잘해줘서 블레드에서 편히 쉬었네요. 추천합니다.

An absolutely wonderful hostel. Staff are very attentive, kind, and fun. Ask them about all the amazing things Bled has to offer. It is a fantastic place to meet other travellers, and is very relaxed.

This is a review for Castle Hostel 1004, as I was transferred next door because Ace of Spades was being renovated. This wasn't an issue - owned by the same people and right next door. Castle Hostel was so great (I'd say both hostels would be very similar) and I loved my stay here. Such a friendly outgoing social vibe, and we all teamed up for hikes and day trips. Great location, great kitchen and outdoor deck, though wifi doesn't reach rooms. Mika is such a friendly/helpful hostel owner, thanks!

I booked Ace of Spades, but when i arrived they told me it was empty but their other property had guests so they asked me if i would rather stay there. I said sure. Turns out Ace of Spades was closed for construction even though they let you book a room there. Also, my top bunk bed broke when i went to bed, crashing into the guy below me. I called the office, but nobody answered and no one was there. i finally had to pull my mattress on to the floor. They gave me a refund for the night.

Fantastic hostel! Really helpful staff and a lovely environment!

This was my favorite hostel of my 6 weeks in Europe. The facilities are all very nice, but what really makes it are the people running it. They are some of the most kind, charismatic, and generous people you will meet. I could have stayed for a lot longer! Don't miss out on this place!