Ace of Spades Hostel Reviews

Prešernova Cesta 41a, Bled, Slovenia

Ace of Spades/Castle 1004 Hostel was an AMAZING place to stay. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. I chose to stay here specifically because they were willing to take us on hikes and around the area, and they did just that! Incredible value and appreciation for the area. I can't wait to come back and stay.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Place is very clean and well kept. Booked for Ace of Spade but referred to their sister hostel Castle 1004 due to the low season and they decided to put everyone together. Location is fantastic, very central but Bled is a small place so everywhere is within walking distance.

Fantastic staff: lots of good tips and hints, friendly, worth your money... Definitely would book here again if I come again!

Really good hostel, would recommend

Great hostel made even better by the extremely friendly and helpful staff. Everything was clean and each bed had an electrical socket which for me was quite handy. Located right next to everything you would want such as a convenience store, the bus station, drinking and eating places and just a short walk to the castle and lake. Planned to stay for two nights but ended up staying four. Very good.

Ace of spades is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are amazing and took care of all my friends and I both times I have stayed there. I can't talk more highly of a hostel, it becomes like your second home and second family :)

• 30th Sep 2015

Very nice hostel near to the bus station with amazing staff... Wear their band and get free toast and 10% off, Like their facebook page to get a free ride to the gorge and a hike to the top to get the best view of bled... Highly recommended.

Really good hostel, the highlight is definitely the free trips they put on and the atmosphere is good.

• 25th Sep 2015

Good location, really new and quite nice but a bit cramped with no lockers in the rooms. Good facilities in the kitchen and they organised free tours for us which were good.

Best hostel I've stayed in over my 3 month trip. Perfect everything. Highly recommended

Great hostel, staff were so ffriendly and helpful at all times. Building is new so all beds very comfortable and well equipped. Free toastie and guided tour are great!

All good. Only the dorm room was too small to be filled by 4 dormitory. That room would be better for a single room or twin bed room. I would recommend people to stay in Bled only night, that's enough. You can do the activity in this town for only one day. Book hostel for 1 night first, if u feel like to stay longer then just extend.

Looking for an affordable, yet good experience then ace of spades is the place to come. The facilities are basic, yet function and well equipped. Would recommend the castle hostel, which is the sister hostel to the ace of spades as had a much better atmosphere and better for meeting new people. The staff are very friendly and try there best to make you feel at home. However, a couple of problems we had were that the locks on the rooms didn't work, so the key was pointless really.

Very helpful staff. We enjoyed our stay. The free toasties were awesome!

I loved that the hostel offers a tour to vintage gorge and the view point, meant I didn't have to get lost in the forest like I did the first time! It's a clean hostel in a great location - not a far walk to the lake.

Great hostel, nice staff.

We loved our stay at Ace of Spades. The staff was amazing and helped us with everything we needed. They acquainted us to Bled right when we got there. They took us on a tour to the local gorge and a hike to see an amazing view of the lake. My only critique would be that the motion sensor light in the bathrooms go off too soon, you can hardly pee without it going off haha. But all around awesome people running an awesome hostel in a beautiful town. I highly recommend it!

• 12th Sep 2015

Nice place in a beautiful town ! Staff is very helpful and kind !

Great location. Excellent staff and very friendly. Great options for tours.

Extremely lovely and very helpful, knowledgable staff. Location is perfect for everything you would want to do at Lake Bled. Right by the bus station which is a very short journey from Lesce Bled train station. Free toastie every day which was a nice touch and a good kitchen area. The hostel felt like you were in a small house which was great and easy to meet people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3