Ace of Spades Hostel Reviews

Prešernova Cesta 41a, Bled, Slovenia

This is a review for Castle Hostel 1004, as I was transferred next door because Ace of Spades was being renovated. This wasn't an issue - owned by the same people and right next door. Castle Hostel was so great (I'd say both hostels would be very similar) and I loved my stay here. Such a friendly outgoing social vibe, and we all teamed up for hikes and day trips. Great location, great kitchen and outdoor deck, though wifi doesn't reach rooms. Mika is such a friendly/helpful hostel owner, thanks!

I booked Ace of Spades, but when i arrived they told me it was empty but their other property had guests so they asked me if i would rather stay there. I said sure. Turns out Ace of Spades was closed for construction even though they let you book a room there. Also, my top bunk bed broke when i went to bed, crashing into the guy below me. I called the office, but nobody answered and no one was there. i finally had to pull my mattress on to the floor. They gave me a refund for the night.

Fantastic hostel! Really helpful staff and a lovely environment!

This was my favorite hostel of my 6 weeks in Europe. The facilities are all very nice, but what really makes it are the people running it. They are some of the most kind, charismatic, and generous people you will meet. I could have stayed for a lot longer! Don't miss out on this place!

한국어 리뷰가 안보여서 한국어로 쓸게요:) 호스텔에서 해주는 무료 투어 좋습니다. 하지만 위치가 성당 바로 뒤라 시도때도 없이 종이 울리고 펍근처라 시끄러운편입니다. 공용샤워실은 세개, 화장실도 세개입니다. 다 공용입니다 ~ 깨끗하디 청소는 하는것 같은데 배수 문제인지 하수구 냄새가 나는 편이네요 ~ 전 그래도 친절한 스텝덕에 편히 쉬다 갑니다 ^^ 솔직한 후기가 많은 도움을 드렸으면 좋겠네요 ^^

Staff were excellent and went above what would be expected, needed to visit a medical centre and I was taken in the van, he came in with me and explained exactly what would happen. Also offers free transport for hostel guests to vintgar gorge.

If you visit bled, stay at this hostel! It's the best hostel ever. The staff is amazing, extremly helpful, friendly and serviceminded! Our plan was to stay for two nights but we didn't want to leave this place, we got stucked in this wonderful little city for a week. Lovely!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

We loved Ace of Spades! It was a little more expensive than some others around but was worth it with all the deals they offer - a wristband that gets you 10% discount at lots of local shops and restaurants, plus a free tour to the gorgeous Vintgar Gorge. It felt like a place where more well-off young people went (you could basically smell the trust funds) but from our point of view that was fine as the 'Free Food' shelf was always well-stocked!

Awesome hostel, the staff were the best I have encountered on my travels so far. Super friendly and helpful! Nice new dorms and powerpoints by each bed was great. Good kitchen. Would definately stay here again and recommend it to everyone!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The owners are awesome! Very helpful, fun and knowledgeable about the area and things to do. Perfect location and plenty of activities offered so great to meet other travellers if you're solo

Great hostel close to everything. The guys who run this place are great. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Awesome place to stay! Amazing, friendly and helpful staff! Perfectly located, clean, comfortable and functional facilities! Go for it!

Awesome hostel close to everything with the best staff who are willing to help your organise any of the activities you may be interested in doing. Lots of flies in the Kitchen though which it would be good to sort out but it did not impact my stay as there is lots of outdoor seating.

Hands down the best hostel I stayed at on this trip due to the people running it and working there. I've stayed at over 100 hostels and never been bothered to write a review but I had to for this one. Unfortunately I ran out of time and only had a short stay here but it was full of stuff to do, including a free tour. Definetely going to come back here in the winter and do some snowboarding and hopefully summer again.

Good hostel if you're happy with basics, bit on the small side for the number of people who stay there. Great location, right by lake and castle

Staff were the best that we have come across in our travels and are very personal and welcoming. They are very friendly and organise trips. The location is excellent about 5 mins from the lake and opposite the supermarket. The rooms are comfortable and clean but a little small. The only downside would be that the shower head holders were broken and a bit smelly. would recommend the triglav national park tour to anyone it is incredible and worth the money!

Great hostel, 2 minutes walk from the lake. Lovely spacious kitchen with plenty of facilities. Really friendly lovely staff. Would highly recommend.

Good hostel for the price. Nothing fancy, but it does the job. The staff was awesome and the atmosphere was great.

Great hostel, amazing staff, awesome place to stay

Great hostel! Bled is beautiful and Ace of Spades always had something exciting to do. We loved canyoning and the tours. The staff was extremely helpful and fun.

« first « Prev 1 2 3