Airlie Beach YHA Reviews

394 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Airlie Beach, Australia

AC in the room was broken couldn't get a good nights sleep. Not what you expect from YHA. One of the lockers in the dorm was broken also but we could share the other one.

Great location right on the main street. The staff here were fantastic and helped me plan my activities in Airlie Beach. The rooms were large but they only had 1 power point between 8 people! The first room was assigned was absolutely filthy with old food and cigarette butts everywhere. the reception lady was super nice and let me go to a different room because apparently that room was for the staff who worked there! The room I was moved to was very clean though and I would recommend it.

I stayed here because it was the only hostel at Airlie Beach that didn't have a load of negative reviews. I shared a private room with my boyfriend for one night and it was fine. Friendly staff at check in. Everything was clean. Not the most inspiring rooms, but the reason we were there was to see the Great Barrier Reef which is SUPER inspiring. So all in all, worth it as a means to an end.

Basic yha hostel, super clean and well looked after. Right in town and right by the beach! Really liked the bathroom/shower facilities as they are only shared between you and the room beside you!

• 16th Jul 2014