Airlie Waterfront Backpackers Reviews

The Esplanade, Airlie Beach, Australia

Good hostel over all. The only thing is if you stay in loft 4 it can be noisy at night because it is right beside the kitchen, loud talking and blasting television all night. They charge 10$ for luggage storage which is kind of a bummer considering most hostels do it free of charge.

• 21st Jun 2015

This is for the more mature backpacker, or those that want a quieter setting. It's ideally located near the lagoon and in front of a nice beach. The bar downstairs made AMAZING drinks thanks to the French bartender who was there. Fish n chips two doors down worth visiting; very fresh. Some noise from cleaning in the morning, so I suggest ear plugs are getting an early start via day trips.

It's clean and friendly! Air condition in the rooms. 5 min walk to the lagoon. Free shittleservice to the bus station!!

So our first night we were in a loft dorm. Clean and quiet. Bathrooms were run down and need some TLC. Unfortunately I got $70 stolen from my bag whilst I was in the shower. They have no CCTV outside the dorms and no lockers in the dorms. It technically isn't the hostels fault but it did dampen things. Our second night, they compensated us with a private room which was very pleasant. I certainly appreciated this kind gesture.

The location of this hostel is great, right next to the beach and shops and bars are just a few minutes walk away. The rooms were clean, the showers a good size and the free wifi is good. There was no shuttle to the bus terminal because the driver was off sick and there was no relief driver, not the end of the would as it's a 15 minute walk. My bed was so uncomfortable, it was genuinely as hard as a rock!!

really nice hostel stayed in a 13 bed dorm and beds were all single beds not bunk beds. really comfortable. the staff were really nice and when booking a trip to Whitehaven you got a free extra night stay

Great experience. We also had the opportunity to have a shower before taking the bus after having done the check out.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The kitchen was horrible. You dont have any plates or cutlery and they charge you 20 dolars for them. The room was Ok and no much to said for this hostel The staff needs to go to a course of customer service.

the owmers are realy nice people, the room is spacious and clean. internet didnt work for me, but for others it did.

There should be a shuttle at the greyhound station; I know its not far to drive but walking that little distant with multiple heavy bags is no fun. The staff weren't very friendly and always looked grumpy. The cleaning lady was very nice though. They couldnt find my booking for 8 person dorm, but was upgraded to a 4 person dorm for same price; just never got to meet other backpackers then since there was only one man in the room my whole stay. They also misplaced my key deposit. Its an ok hostel

I was pleasantly surprised. It was much nicer than previous reviews made it seem. Staff were welcoming and friendly. My only complaints are that there aren't lockers in the rooms, and people dont seem to hang out much. I wish the common area had more of a focus on socializing with fellow travelers.

Amazing air conditioned rooms that overlook the beach. Friendly and helpful staff. All around great value for money!

• 10th Apr 2015

I stayed here before and after my trip to the Whitsundays. Strange layout to the hostel, but I found the room really nice. Fantastic air con, 2 showers in the room and an outside area. There isn't really a common area due to the way the hostel is situated and I found the kitchen an absolute state! I only ended up using it twice. Free wifi is a bit hit and miss due to the 'wifi area'. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. I loved Airlie Beach as a whole and cannot wait to go back.

The staff was AMAZING soooo helpful! Chursty (spelling?) Helped with booking my activities and the location is great too. Its a small town so you're close to everything. The fan and AC worked nicely in the loft 13. Person room. Not gona lie the kitchen is sweltering. Also no soap for the bathrooms but those are my only complaints :) WiFi works and they clean the place

Great location hostel and aircon in every room we stayed in! Staff were very friendly and happy to help with anything. The only issue I could see was anyone could access the loft room so always left my luggage locked up, apart from that fine :)

This hostel was alright but I'm never going back there because someone broke into my bag and stole my money from my room while I was sleeping. The roof room had an entrance that didn't lock allowing anyone in and it totally ruined my experience.

The staff were so friendly and helpful but the actual hostel rooms were so dirty. I think we just had a bad experience as our roommates were rowdy and had no respect for others trying to sleep. The toilet smelt very strongly of sick and probably 1 toilet between 21 people is not enough. The location however is excellent right on the beach so that made up for it. We ate out both nights we stayed however as the kitchen was too disgusting to cook in! Such a shame as the staff were so lovely!!

Super friendly staff. Amaaazing location right on the esplanade and walking distance from almost everything. Beautiful city and great stay there. Only negative thing is that the wifi only works in the common area very far from our room - and it wasn't that good.

Very Nice hostel near the lagoon and close to the walking-street with lots of bars. The room was a bit like prison but with shower and toilet which was Nice. The staff was very good and helped us with stuff to do. Parking was just under the hostel for free.

We initially booked a 6 bed mixed dorm but were put in a 12 bed ensuite. That wasn't too much of a problem especially as we were allowed to store our luggage for free whilst we were in the whitsundays. Wifi was really slow and can only get it downstairs. The room was clean. The transfer from the bus station was a real bonus although it didn't run in the evening as scheduled. Location is good, right on the waterfront, only 5 minutes to the lagoon and 10 to the greyhound, 20 mins to the marina.

View all Airlie Beach Hostels