Airlie Waterfront Backpackers Reviews

The Esplanade, Airlie Beach, Australia

It seemed ridiculous to me that reception would close just 5 minutes after the greyhound coach arrived, so by the time we arrived at the hostel it was 10 past 7 and reception had closed. We then had to ring for night security to check us in, as well as the line of people starting to form outside. After 45 minutes he finally arrived, obviously annoyed he'd been called out, even swearing when he couldn't find the right paperwork. Abrupt, rude and unpleasant! Maybe close at 7.30?

Poor security, locker not avaliable. Good position, just cross the street to be on the beach Backpackers without "personality", everything is colorless, pretty sad Not really clean, my sheets smelled really bad and in general it wasn't really good. For the same price (or a couple of dollars more) it's possibile to find better places Really bad internet

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Showers could have been a little cleaner but overall a really good hostel, would recommend to anyone.

Nice hostel, but there isnt a place all people of the hostel can sitt down together and relax. So getting to know the other backpackers.is hard. Hostel is very close to thw beach en shops and clubs!

Great location and cheap. Staff are very nice and willing to help out as much as they can. Very poor free wifi.

AWFUL! DO NOT STAY HERE. From start to finish our stay here was horrendous. The staff on the reception desk were rude, abrasive and unprofessional. Paid for an ensuite room with a tv and got a basic room with no bathroom or t.v. The room was dirty and had hairs all over the bedding. There was a HUGE hairball in the shower. We were moved to a different room that had no tv in and were given no discount. Dirty and rank. Absolutely horrific. Cockroaches and pests. Not even a sorry from the manager.

Fiona, the manager is super awesome. She fixed a bad situation I had very professionally. Good customer service.

• 9th Oct 2014

It's a little bit away from the main strip of hostels like Nomads, but only by about 5 mins. It's not so much of a party hostel so you can get a good sleep. Dorm rooms are nice, kitchen was really good and never too crowded. Staff were super helpful and kept our bags safe whilst we were on the Whitsundays. Nice place, would recommend.

Certainly a clean and quiet place where you can have a good night. It however doesn't really feel like you're in a hostel, so the atmosphere isn't the nicest.

Hostel manager was really helpful and booked us on trips with a discount

Great location, right on the ocean front. Good mattresses and beds, yet too many people in one room that prevent you from sleeping well. I felt itchy and when I shined some light on my legs in the bed there were ants in the bed, with little wings on them, biting me. There were so many that it freaked me out and couldn't sleep anymore. Was itchy for the next couple of days. Changed beds but they are attracted to light from your phone of laptop so that didn't help. Nice and friendly staff!

Great location right at the waterfront. Room was full of long term stayers so their stuff was everywhere. Two toilets near my room were broken but there were additional facilities off the kitchen. The garbage in my room never got changed during the stay and was already overflowing when I arrived. I was advised there was a shuttle bus to the hostel and would have welcomed it after an 18 hr overnight bus but the shuttle never showed up.

Kind of difficult to meet people. Also the internet didn't work like, 2 out of the 3 days that I was there. If you want a bed in a good location, it's totally fine though.

View all Airlie Beach Hostels