Airlie Waterfront Backpackers Reviews

The Esplanade, Airlie Beach, Australia

There should be a shuttle at the greyhound station; I know its not far to drive but walking that little distant with multiple heavy bags is no fun. The staff weren't very friendly and always looked grumpy. The cleaning lady was very nice though. They couldnt find my booking for 8 person dorm, but was upgraded to a 4 person dorm for same price; just never got to meet other backpackers then since there was only one man in the room my whole stay. They also misplaced my key deposit. Its an ok hostel

I was pleasantly surprised. It was much nicer than previous reviews made it seem. Staff were welcoming and friendly. My only complaints are that there aren't lockers in the rooms, and people dont seem to hang out much. I wish the common area had more of a focus on socializing with fellow travelers.

Amazing air conditioned rooms that overlook the beach. Friendly and helpful staff. All around great value for money!

• 10th Apr 2015

I stayed here before and after my trip to the Whitsundays. Strange layout to the hostel, but I found the room really nice. Fantastic air con, 2 showers in the room and an outside area. There isn't really a common area due to the way the hostel is situated and I found the kitchen an absolute state! I only ended up using it twice. Free wifi is a bit hit and miss due to the 'wifi area'. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. I loved Airlie Beach as a whole and cannot wait to go back.

The staff was AMAZING soooo helpful! Chursty (spelling?) Helped with booking my activities and the location is great too. Its a small town so you're close to everything. The fan and AC worked nicely in the loft 13. Person room. Not gona lie the kitchen is sweltering. Also no soap for the bathrooms but those are my only complaints :) WiFi works and they clean the place

Great location hostel and aircon in every room we stayed in! Staff were very friendly and happy to help with anything. The only issue I could see was anyone could access the loft room so always left my luggage locked up, apart from that fine :)

This hostel was alright but I'm never going back there because someone broke into my bag and stole my money from my room while I was sleeping. The roof room had an entrance that didn't lock allowing anyone in and it totally ruined my experience.

The staff were so friendly and helpful but the actual hostel rooms were so dirty. I think we just had a bad experience as our roommates were rowdy and had no respect for others trying to sleep. The toilet smelt very strongly of sick and probably 1 toilet between 21 people is not enough. The location however is excellent right on the beach so that made up for it. We ate out both nights we stayed however as the kitchen was too disgusting to cook in! Such a shame as the staff were so lovely!!

Super friendly staff. Amaaazing location right on the esplanade and walking distance from almost everything. Beautiful city and great stay there. Only negative thing is that the wifi only works in the common area very far from our room - and it wasn't that good.

Very Nice hostel near the lagoon and close to the walking-street with lots of bars. The room was a bit like prison but with shower and toilet which was Nice. The staff was very good and helped us with stuff to do. Parking was just under the hostel for free.

We initially booked a 6 bed mixed dorm but were put in a 12 bed ensuite. That wasn't too much of a problem especially as we were allowed to store our luggage for free whilst we were in the whitsundays. Wifi was really slow and can only get it downstairs. The room was clean. The transfer from the bus station was a real bonus although it didn't run in the evening as scheduled. Location is good, right on the waterfront, only 5 minutes to the lagoon and 10 to the greyhound, 20 mins to the marina.

It seemed ridiculous to me that reception would close just 5 minutes after the greyhound coach arrived, so by the time we arrived at the hostel it was 10 past 7 and reception had closed. We then had to ring for night security to check us in, as well as the line of people starting to form outside. After 45 minutes he finally arrived, obviously annoyed he'd been called out, even swearing when he couldn't find the right paperwork. Abrupt, rude and unpleasant! Maybe close at 7.30?

Poor security, locker not avaliable. Good position, just cross the street to be on the beach Backpackers without "personality", everything is colorless, pretty sad Not really clean, my sheets smelled really bad and in general it wasn't really good. For the same price (or a couple of dollars more) it's possibile to find better places Really bad internet

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Showers could have been a little cleaner but overall a really good hostel, would recommend to anyone.

View all Airlie Beach Hostels