Airlie Waterfront Backpackers Reviews

The Esplanade, Airlie Beach, Australia

Location is great - close to lagom and resturants. Stayed in a 13-person dorm - two fans weren't working so it got quite hot during the night. Showers disgusting. Wifi not working. Could never stay there for more than one night.

This hostel was disgusting. I made a list of the terrible things you can expect: 1. The room had a birds/wasp nest INSIDE. Bird poop everywhere. 2. Air con didn't work, it was like a sauna. 3. Kitchen small and dirty, sinks always clogged with food, barely any cooking utensils or tools. 4. Ants everywhere in the kitchen, like trails of them. 5. Showers/bathrooms small, cramped, and reaked of mold. 6. To top it all off the staff were rude and unpleasant. Don't stay here guys, seriously.

Overall my stay was OK and the staff were very helpful, but there were a few things that made this hostel less nice. Fist of all the WiFi was down the whole time I was there.. Also the (paid) luggage storage is in a room that is used by a card-club and not locked half the time. The layout of the building is a bit strange as well, which doesn't help the atmosphere.

Quick check in! Stayed in 13 man dorm, was big! Lots of space and clean, bed was comfy, air con worked well! Lack of security room door didn't lock and anyone could get in. Good location and free wifi but didn't work!

Perfect place to stay and for once it wasn't noisy roommates making a racket it was the cleaners in the morning but I won't mark them down for that as I'm just happy the swept hoovered and mopped everyday kitchen was always spotless! I don't no why you'd stop anywhere else it's perfect location.

wifi doesnt exist, staff was angry, rooms completely dirty

staff was Very rude wireless was not working i arrived at 19 and j had to wait one hour for my Key no one told me that the reception was going to Close at 19 Even if it was the Whole day that I was sending email to them. vey Very bad

• 26th Oct 2015

This place is good for a clean bed, and that's about it. Wifi is non-existent and when you find it, it doesn't work. Security is minimal. Anyone can walk in and out, and the hostel is spread throughout a shopping center. Lockers cost $6/day. Kitchen was a disaster, no utensils, no extras (coffee, sugar, oil), messy as. Pool, bars, etc are all a short walk away though, so if you're just looking for a bed then that's about the only decent thing you're getting here.

• 11th Oct 2015

Hostel is in a perfect location. We decided to go for a private room for a change and it was worth it. Unfortunately a fire in the kitchen of a restaurant below disturbed our third night but this was not the hostels fault.

Great security that the main doors to the rooms can only be accessed by a key fob. The hostel itself was bizarrely set out and the staff seemed very moody/unhelpful? The guy who checked me in seemed completely stoned which in turn brought a bit of an issue with receiving my key deposit back. The rooms very pretty clean but first hostel I've stayed at with roaches! And the kitchen facilities were pretty poor - no forks at all?! However great location, would be ideal for one night.

A really bad exprience in this hostel, many many noise outside that make you impossible for sleep, same for the bed, everytime when I move the bed make many noise. Staff is really unfriendly, they don't mind about my discomfiture ...

Could do with some appliance updates in the kitchen. I also feel that the kitchen needs to be deep cleaned in general. Otherwise excellent stay in every way.

It was completely fine, only hostel so far to have a deposit for using cutlery. But there was always cutlery available in the kitchen anyway so... In general its not worth spending more than a night in Airlie anyway.

Lady on reception was so lovely, really helped me out and let me use the shower and kitchen after a tour even though i was getting a bus that night and not staying again. Always said hello and the people the stayed there too seemed friendly and always asked if you wanted to go out. Very quiet hostel but good vibes!

View all Airlie Beach Hostels