Aji Verde Hostel Reviews

Vicua'a 415, La Serena, Chile

I really enjoyed my stay here. I stayed for two nights. It is one of the best hostels I've stayed in for the price and the beds are so comfy! I loved that when I got there, I made my own bed with clean sheets. However, the shower water was luke warm. That is my only complaint. Also, the staff plans fun things to do with other visitors. I had a great time!

• 8th May 2015

Friendly staff and nice hostel. Cool lounge area and rooftop terrace. WiFi tended to be very poor/not work at peak times.

Got there to find out they had over booked and we couldnt stay there and had to find alternative accommodation

Really cool roof terrace, nice staff and pretty chilled place !

I arrived early in the morning, nobody knew about that but I was able to go directly to my room for having a nap and I could even breakfast for free! The team booked tours for us and helped us organising the days. The only negative point is, that the dorm was a bit smelly because there was no window to open.

Nice staff, good help with tours

This is a party hostel but not in a good way. I've stayed at many party hostels that had their act together but this one is way too laid back. The main guy is nice and more with it but we had a bad experience at checkin when even though I emailed them of our early arrival. There was a big party the night before and drunk people sleeping on the common area couches and bottles everywhere. So we were stuck in the small reception room while the front desk girl slept on her desk.

This hostel has a great atmosphere the staff are really chilled out and anything goes...unfortunately little too chilled out. they are constantly hanging out with their friends and its really hard to get them to do anything, they are also kind of exclusive with their friends. if they just did their jobs a little better would be value for money...still a great hostel though..

This is a hostel run by party people - consider for yourself if this is a positive or negative side.

Great breakfast, sometimes I had to look everywhere in the hostel to find someone from the staff. Bathrooms could get really dirty during the day and could be disgusting. In the second house, the 6 people dorm was quite strange. I did prefer to stay in the main building. The terrasse was great but the pictures online were showing different features in the terrasse and the solarium. Nice stay overall.

Everything was perfect. We had a great time, we met a lot of people from all around the world and the employees are very kind and cool. We recommend this place!

Odd hostel. Staff definitely more interested in socialising amongst themselves than working. Good location and some friendly staff once they're broken away from clique! Rooms pretty dated and musty, bathrooms a bit grim and breakfast pretty poor! Would recommend that staff leave the social areas for guests to enjoy as it is they who are paying after all...You can definitely get somewhere way nicer for the same price!

Good location, friendly and enthusiastic staff, easy to meet people in the common area and cosy(!) kitchen. No problems with noise.