Aji Verde Hostel Reviews

Vicua'a 415, La Serena, Chile

The hostel is close to the town centre, and makes a good base for exploring. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though the place could do with more bathrooms. Lots of common areas and a well-equipped kitchen. The hostel had a good atmosphere when I was there. Oh, and they have a SNES.

Loved our stay here! Great place to stay, very helpful with anything you need and allow you to stay the entire day after you've checked out and use the facilities. We arrived at 4am and they were there waiting and we were set to leave at 10 pm on our check out day and they let us store everything there all day and shower that night. Would definitely go back!

• 30th May 2014

There was 1 nice staffmember, the rest was rude and more importantly: never there. Whenever we (me and a couple, all the guests at that time) had questions, they were nowhere to be found. At times I had to go outside, ring the doorbell and finally someone would appear, annoyed because they were watching tv. Not much better then the time I had to wait outside for 20 minutes because they went out to get groceries. When asked for help planning activities; they didn't even have a map of the city.

This hostel is housed in a modest building but is comfortable. The staff are great and German (a staff member) is especially helpful and speaks good English. It is located close to the town centre but is a bit of a walk from the bus station. The bathrooms are clean and spacious and there`s hot water for showers. On the top floor is an outdoor communal area where you can enjoy barbecues and on the floor below is a communal area where you can relax and watch films. I would stay here again.

I stayed here for 7 nights and really enjoyed the experience. the staff are very friendly and always checking to make sure you are enjoying your stay. I left my camera charger in my room and they were kind enough to send it up to me in San Pedro with a bus driver. Haven't one bad word to say about the place

Room smelled of damp. The place generally needs a bit of attention, especially when compared with other hostels we have stayed such as in Ancud. The difference in quality is miles apart for not much difference in cost. On the plus side staff were friendly and helpful and it was located near the town centre.

Nice hostel, Nice staff! It is near everything and you Can walk to all the things there is to see!

Very helpful and pleasant staff. The rooftop patio has a great view and there is a great market nearby.

Ok hostel. Kitchen was not the cleanest

This hostel is by far one of the best hostels that I've ever stayed in. The staff are amazing and super accommodating and helpful! Franco makes amazing great drinks in the evenings and Herman is full of many amazing tips on where to go and what to see! Amazing place! Stay here and you won't regret it! :)

Stuff is not very friendly. Hostel is a bit messed up. Its close to the supernarket.

Nice hostel with a good staff, I realy enjoy the atmosphere. Its a good place to stay with everything you need. Bon hôtel, bien placé dans la ville avec un staff super. Il y a tout ce dont vous avez besoin. Bueno hospedaje con super staff, todo que necessita.

The common areas made it easy to meet people, most of the staff was really nice and helpful, we could use the kitchen, and the dorm beds were sturdy. The owner is friendly and always willing to help if you need anything. However, the 3rd night, our dormmates arrived at 2 am, and one of the male staff opened the door without knocking, which came as a surprise when I woke up to a man standing in the door. Checkout is at 12 pm, but we got kicked out at 9:45 am so they could change the sheets.

• 1st Feb 2014