Albergo Villa Serena Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 2/b, Marghera, Venice, Italy

Great hostel, very close to Venice canals and at the same time very quiet.

We had a nice stay there. Very nice hotel and very nice environment.

• 10th May 2014
  • China

Location was very convenient - on the mainland. Very close to the train station on Mestre and a short bus ride to the airport. Bus to main island of Venice was convenient. Staff was very helpful, particularly with directions w/ a complimentary breakfast when I checked out! My room did smell a little weird, but they changed the sheets everyday (I think). Bathroom set was a bit strange with the shower and toilet together and the drain was not that great. Overall good stay.

I will officially write in to hostelworld as well as the Italian tourism board to complain about this hotel because of the reason below: 1. The distance between this hotel and mastre station is not 300m but 1.2km according to google map 2. the hotel sold the 5-bed room that we booked and patched up a room for us last minute and when we asked about our original room the staff asked us to 'take our money and get out' we have everything recorded in video. hostelworld, please contact me personally.

The hostel was very nice, reasonable price. I had electric curtains and a fridge inside the room. The room had a small balcony with chairs and a table. It was very clean and neat. 7 euro breakfast, I had to leave early and couldn't try it. It is 15 min away from Venice SMN but I consider it better if you need an early departure. I would definitively stay there again.

The hostel is very close to mestre train station and also close to the bus stop. You can go to the island by bus or by train very easily. And the hostel was very comfortable and staff was nice to us. We stayed there only one night and we wished that we had stayed more.

As soon as we got there, the upgraded us to a private bathroom. We had to pay in cash to divide it and they let us set our bags down in the room before we went to find an ATM. The whole time, every time we asked a question, they explained thoroughly and would even go outside to point you in the right direction. 30 min bus ride to Venice, but so worth it. It's less than €2 each way and the area is so quiet and local. I'd stay again, for sure!

Cute hotel, but it was a ways from Venice, and not much was included. The shower was freezing! Staff was nice enough and room was cute. Be prepared to take the train into Venice.

• 14th Apr 2014

To start, the boards that held my mattress broke when I sat down at least 5 times. There were also holes in the wall. One toilet and one shower is not enough for 15 people to share. The staff barged into our room every morning at 8:45 with listerine cups of coffee which at first seemed nice, until realizing it was an excuse to kick everyone out. They INSISTED everyone leave by 10am daily and harassed you to hurry up until you did. Then you weren't allowed to come back until after 5pm everyday.

The hostel is not located in a safe area of town. There were a lot of gnats in the room and the sheets did not seems clean.

A nice place to stay if you don't mind taking the bus to get to the island and back. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to someone who doesn't want a hostel but isn't looking for a luxurious hotel.

Decent location. Keep in mind that it is in Marghera, which is not on the main island. However, it is just around the block from a bus stop for a direct bus (Lines 6 and 6/) to the Venice, so it provides a good private place away from the island's bustle but within easy reach of the city.

It was a good stay there, except for the bad weather :(. The bus take you to Venice about 10-15 minutes, which is longer than shown on the website and the second day there was a strike so we had to take the train. Stuff was very good and helpful and room is clean. Compare the money it's not so bad.

• 2nd Apr 2014