Albergue & Hostal del Glaciar Libertador - HI Reviews

Avda Libertador 587, El Calafate, Argentina

We had a really poor experience booking the trips. Emailed weeks in advance, given assurances could book on arrival, offered to pay in advance anyway but reassured no need as low season, then on arrival foully booked. The person on the front desk was super efficient if not apologetic, but was clearly struggling to do the job of 3 people as there were long delays. Away from the booking experience smart place.

Expensive breakfast. One four bed dorm only got one key to share with four people. If your roommate took the key to toilet / shower/ kitchen or anywhere u don't know, you are screwed! Internet is very slow especially in peak hour.

This hostel is conveniently located within walking distance of the bus station. It has hot water, beds to sleep in and a kitchen area (with minimal cookware). My only complaint is that the woman who greeted my friends and I upon our arrival wasn't very friendly or helpful in providing us with information about things to do in the area.

Staff should be more polite

Main negative is the bunks have little space between them ie height wise. Bump your head each time you get in/out of bed. Staff very friendly/helpful. Eating area large, warm rooms,hot water always. Cooking utensils could be updated.

i stayed for 2 nights as i was passing by el calafate. it is a really nice hostel. but i also think it is way to expensive for what you get! i know el calafate is expensive in general ( but beautiful ). i had to put on my bed myself and it had hair in my laundry. while the maids where hanging out at the hostel smoking fags and watching football. know i dont mind doing that but not for that price! also the 4 bed and the 7 bed dorm cost exactely the same. the staff was friendly.

We enjoyed our stay in El Calafate. The staff at the hostel helped us to book some tours, which we also enjoyed.

• 26th Mar 2015

We stayed here twice. Cabin like hostel which was clean, comfortable with underfloor heating and hot showers. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast expensive but we just bought our own and ate it in the kitchen. Only negative point would be the lack of kitchen utensils and no electric kettle.

Only stayed one night, very large hostel, felt like a hotel. Each 4bed room had en suite, might be annoying if your last in though. Large kitchen/dinning area, good value, good location just over the bridge at the end of town

No stuff to cook a good menu! Old plates no spoons and forks....

Kitchen is not ideal for the number of people, very small and in a strange location. Good floor heating in rooms. Was fine for our 2 day stay

helpful and friendly hostel. good wifi. lockers in rooms. kitchen area reasonably equipped although no oven, only cook tops

Most of the rooms are situated next to a area where guest smoke and talk all night long. Which results in a stinking room and no quietness. Something you don't want if you need rest.

Feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

Super cute hostel! Noelia was very helpful from the moment we walked in. She booked our transportation and tours so we didn't even have to think about it later. Very chill atmosphere. Our private double room was nice but the second one we stayed in was even better since it had high ceilings. Very close to downtown. The free breakfast was just okay but can't expect a fancy free meal from a hostel so I was satisfied! Would stay again!!

The place is nice, I would stay again there. The only thing is that the kitchen needs to be done again. There r only 6 stoves and only worked 3 of them, all in separate places. It doesn't look clean at all. Beds r comfortable.

Positive points on this hostel : New, very clean, staff helpful, but also negative points. On my booking confirmation: I read that there was a free shuttle to the hostel , but there wasn't. When leaving Terminal de omnibus, I saw 2 big advises on Albergue del Glaciar , where the buses arrive : where written : " Free shutle ( with a mistake) to youth hostel, from here. Also, there is no advertise of No Free Breakfast : 65 pesos the breakfast ( 1st time I see this). Management should correct !

We were in a 4 bed room, and immediately noticed a foul odor upon entering the room. It turns out there was black mold in the corner. When it rained, there was some drippage from the ceiling down to the floor. Room was fairly small but adequate. Location is great and atmosphere nice. Lots of different ages of people. No breakfast included unless you get a private room. Kitchen was adequate.

This hostel has a nice structure, a big kitchen and good rooms. We stayed in a 4 persons mixed dorm and it was good. It was a bit weird because the room was an ensuite and I'm not used to ensuites in mixed dorms. The front attendant was awful and she didn't explain anything about the hostel, except the way to our room. We had to find out about the kitchen, the breakfast, the bathroom and the wifi ourselves.

good base camp in El Calafate, nice hang out space, good wifi bandwidth, but sometimes erratic

« first « Prev 1 2 3