Albergue & Hostal del Glaciar Libertador - HI Reviews

Avda Libertador 587, El Calafate, Argentina

Positive points on this hostel : New, very clean, staff helpful, but also negative points. On my booking confirmation: I read that there was a free shuttle to the hostel , but there wasn't. When leaving Terminal de omnibus, I saw 2 big advises on Albergue del Glaciar , where the buses arrive : where written : " Free shutle ( with a mistake) to youth hostel, from here. Also, there is no advertise of No Free Breakfast : 65 pesos the breakfast ( 1st time I see this). Management should correct !

This hostel has a nice structure, a big kitchen and good rooms. We stayed in a 4 persons mixed dorm and it was good. It was a bit weird because the room was an ensuite and I'm not used to ensuites in mixed dorms. The front attendant was awful and she didn't explain anything about the hostel, except the way to our room. We had to find out about the kitchen, the breakfast, the bathroom and the wifi ourselves.

Rooms in this hostel are not made to be dorm rooms, sinks are in the sleeping room, toilet and shower are seperate. Most disgusting fridge we've seen on this trip.

Mixed feelings about this hostel. The staff were great and the place felt clean. For the price though they should update the kitchen with some proper pans and stove tops, would be nice to have some spices as well. They charge for everything, coffee, towels, utensils, etc. no social atmosphere either and just didn't feel warm and inviting. It was one of the more expensive places I've stayed and the only place I didn't like. I'd stay for one night bc the dorms were fine but not longer.

Very cool building, outdoor access to 4 bed dorms with ensuite bathrooms in each. Small kitchen, you're encouraged to buy breakfast instead of cooking, but the kitchen is clean. Very clean/neat rooms. Some staff are helpful but most seem bored of helping travelers and not happy to help.

• 12th Feb 2015

Overall I had a great stay here and when you see such beautiful landscapes. One thing that is not included with the price is breakfast. Not a big deal I just purchased that in advance since I knew I would be leaving early and doing a lot of exercise. Almost every morning (I stayed near a week) the lady at breakfast would yell at me and tell me I needed to go downstairs and pay for the breakfast. She was rude and didn't seem to remember anything from the the previous day.

Great stay. Staff were very friendly and super helpful. Big dorm room was pretty dark, but the hostel is quiet and clean. I would definitely recommend

I found the facilities and the service good, but I didn't like the atmosphere. However, it may be a matter of taste, I prefer familiar hostels. The Hostel is huge, and the tiny courtyard is not really a nice place to stay and meet other people. This hostel was ok for one night, but I wouln't have stayed longer.

This hostel was an ok place to stay, quite big, rooms and bathrooms were clean, breakfast looked nice but was an extra $65 each which is pricey (considering you can get breakfast deals in cafes for 35-50). Also there was only one key per room so if you were going to bed before your room mates you'd have to sleep with the room unlocked.

What a great hostel! The staff was extremely helpful and all of them spoke english which was both surprising and welcomed after struggling with spanish at other places we stayed. rooms were really nice and the overall atmosphere was perfection. Location was also very convenient and the hostel was very easy to find. would reccomend this 100%. we stayed at a 4 star hotel other nights in el calafata and i regret that decision because i enjoyed my stay here so much more. Thanks for everything!

Really good hostel in El Calafate. Very clean and well looked after, great facilities and very friendly staff. Common area is not really for socialising, so don´t expect much to go on at night. One thing that they should change is their policy of having to pay a deposit to be given cutlery at reception! No knives or forks in the kitchen and this can be frustrating at times.

Clean and nice. 2 minutes away from town center. Kitchen a bit far-off because it is on the third floor.

Nice hostel, very friendly staff. Breakfast not included in the price for dorms. Location not far from the city centre. Quiet (when there are no inconsiderate noisy guests). Clean, good facilities.

Worse hostel I've stayed in over the last 2 months of travelling. Dirty linen, didn't feel very safe or secure, and when we asked for help booking a taxi to the airport the staff told us no and that they would only help book their own shuttle service. I would avoid this place if possible.

Pretty big hostel, good set up. Beds are a little cracky and unstable. Spacious and good facilities. Can help you with booking tours

This hostel was okay. The front desk folks were friendly and the room was okay. It is just on the east end of town a little ways from the main strip. The beds were really rickety though and I felt sorry for the lass who had to sleep below me! In short, a good hostel but nothing greatly remarkable.

Wonderful garden and yard. Spectacular view of the Villarrica volcano. Owner is very helpful and speaks English quite well.

good hostel with a lot of guests! only stayed for one night on our way back through town because Nakel Yenu was booked up. wifi cuts out every night from 10-11pm because of the provider which made for an awkward skype call! not a big deal but maybe they could tell people. breakfast was $6 a person so we just to town and got some pastries for $2 total. it's clean and warm. shower is hot. close to town and only a 15minute walk to the bus station.

Good hostel, a bit of a walk from the main drag. Not much of the atmosphere, but dorm was great, clean and with underfloor heating!

4 bed dorm was spacious with clean ensuite shower and toilet. Staff were fairly friendly - one guy seemed like he hated his job. Kitchen facilities were poor - you had to ask for cutlery at reception for which you put a deposit down, and the lack of sharp knives made it near impossible to prepare anything. Breakfast and lunch boxes were over priced. Wifi was ok. We did the alternative glacier tour which was enjoyable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3