Albergue los Pascuales Reviews

Cuesta de los Pascuales 8, Toledo, Spain

A few things to know before you book this hostel: 1)Cramped, seedy rooms. 2)Air conditioning shuts off automatically at 4AM and cannot be turned on again, making it too hot to sleep. 3) The lockers are not large enough to fit a typical suitcase or even a backpack. (The key to mine did not work anyway.) 4) If you do anything as heinous as attempt to use the clothes dryer, the owner will treat you like some kind of war criminal. Conclusion: Spend an extra couple euro for another place.

• 12th Jul 2015

I have stayed in hostels around the world and never have I been so uncomfortable. Yes the price was incredible, but the staff made me feel very uneasy. Firstly, no one can be comfortable when you have strict air con hours and it's 43 degrees C outside. Also, the staff (The one Man who runs it) is very controlling and barks orders at you. I wouldn't recommend this place if you are planning on spending any time at all in the hostel hanging out. Also, you can hardly call that "included breakfast".

• 11th Jul 2015

The staff was so welcoming and helpful! He gave us a map and showed us all the great places to see in the city and tips for getting around. The hostel was very well run and so clean. Great place!

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff was incredibly welcoming and kind. They helped us with everything we needed, from ordering pizza to chasing down someone who had taken a forgotten phone down the street. You made our stay wonderful! Thank you so much!

Had a great stay. The owner was a super helpful and kind man. Quite a hike from the train station with luggage, so would recommend taking a bus or something. Thanks for everything :)

The hostel, in itself, is quite good. However, there were two negative points. First, the manager of the hostel insisted that there was still tax to be paid on the total amount and only relented when I indicated to him, on the copy of the booking from the website, that all taxes were already included. Secondly, when we were having the included breakfast the following morning, an elderly gentleman (presumably the owner's father), shouted at us for trying to drink a second cup of milk. Poor image!

This was a cool hostel in a good location - best part about it was the nice family that works there. They were very helpful

The host was very friendly and helpful! He gave recommendation of places to go and good places to eat! He also made sure everything was to our liking.

• 8th May 2015

Will return without hesitation! Jose was welcoming, helpful and genuine, providing good ideas about what to visit based on my interests. This is one of the cleanest places I've stayed in, ever. One review said it's not the place to meet people. I met three others while I was there, so it's likely seasonal. The facilities aren't flashy as some places, but well built, secure, central & totally met my needs. The co-ed bathroom was a surprise (2showers/2toilet) but there weren't any problems.

The place is really clean, like spotless clean I really apreciatted that, it is not a place to meet lots of people, so keep that in mind and also, I don't agree you should be kicked out of the hostel if you arrive before check in, I mean, you dont need to see the room, I get that, but it would be nice if you were welcome to stay in the living room reading a book, or planning your stay

The showers are very small. If you are going to be late make sure to contact them.

The place was good, very clean, comfortable and with a great location. It is very close to the main plaza "Zocodover", to the Cathedral, and to almost everything, including the bus station, you don't need to take a bus/taxi from the station to the hostel. The price is ok and it includes a basic breakfast (coffee/tea and muffins). Jose, the owner, was very friendly and helpful, he was always giving advices and recommendations of places and activities to experience the best of Toledo.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed in the 4 bed all woman dorm, and I t was great! I only stayed there one night though. I will say the bathrooms are both men and women, but there are stalls for both the toilets and showers. Personally, I didn't have a problem with it, but if that is something that would bother you, take note.

I just spent one night there but it was nice. Good price, good location and good facilities. Nothing exceptional but my experience was nice there. The guy of the reception was nice. It is perfect for a quick visit in Toledo.

Host was very nice and welcoming! In a great area!