America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The Internet was not working for three days while we had our stay. It kept going in and out, but mostly out. There were a few rude workers at the front. When we asked for a taxi to the port, the front desk did not tell us or the driver the address and we ended up going to the wrong location and almost missing our boat. Also they bought the wrong tickets for our boat ride cutting into our time in Colonia from 6 hours to 3.5 hours. There was a mystery bug in our dorm mates bed while he was sleepin

Very clean, friendly staff, lots of activities for travellers. The neighborhood could be a bit sketch at night but security was good. The Bambi market out front sells wine for the equivalent of 2-3 USD!!!! The parilla around the corner is good too!

Pretty good hostel, but a little bland and homogenous. I'm sure there are cheaper more interesting hostels in BA.

Good hostel with good facilities. Key cards for 4 bed dorms and full backpack sized lockers. Great ensuite bathroom/shower. Good, busy social atmosphere. Breakfast could have been better (cereal, bread/toast and spreads - no fruit, eggs etc.) given the high price.

The staff is great, they enjoy working there and it shows. I had to leave because they were booked (my fault for not booking a longer stay in advance) but they still let me sign up for tours while I was staying in an apartment. Great vibe, highly recommend.

Had a great time. Helpful, english speaking staff. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Located in the heart of San telmo, close to the subway. Dailty activities, so a great place to meet people.

Such a great hostel. Couldn't have found a better fit and met better people. We created a close knit group and remained together even when someone of us had left the hostel. Facilities are great - something to do/see/try each day. BBQ on Friday!!! Love the back-patio to sit and hang with new friends. Thanks all.

Theo straff are very helpful and the dorms are clean and have a shower each. The hostel is located quite close to the historic district of San Telmo. Had a great stay!

Joining the club of those raving about this hostel - it is fantastic! Firstly, the staff are super friendly and helpful - I got robbed just before arriving at the hostel and was visibly shaken up, they looked after me and offered to help with the police and translation (thank you so much!). The activities were great too and the atmosphere was fantastic - I met so many people out in their garden, just chilling - excellent! The rooms were a bit of a luxury too, I would definitely recommend!

Nice place with comfortable and clean bedrooms. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Although our stay at the hostel was very short.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

The staff were so helpful (apart from when they misbooked our bus tickets for the wrong day) and friendly. The breakfast was decent, a good selection of cereal, juices, coffee and toast. The hostel was very clean with the extra bonus of staff making our beds each day. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Perfect hostel, there activities everyday! Rooms and bathrooms are clean, the breakfast is good, there many places to chill out and meet people. Very well located, two supermarket at 10 seconds walk. Metro nearby, 15 mins walk downtown, very good restaurants also. Friendly staff. Couldn't think of something bad :) Also tried the one in El Calafate that is as good!

Super super friendly staff. Excellent location. Very clean. Big lockers. Good WiFi. Great breakfast. Recommended.

Awesome staff. Plenty of activities to do and the staff will also give their recommendations. Rooms are nice and clean. Nice lobby and patio area to meet fellow travelers. All in all I had a great time here and would definitely stay here again.

Great, centrally located hostel for a stay in Buenos Aires. Lots of organised activities and staff were very helpful. Rooms and common areas all spotless and a well equipped kitchen. Would highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff were super friendly & helpful. This was my 1st hostel experience & it exceeded my expectations by far. The activities offered were also all great. The coffee at the hostel was better than the few times I had it out. I didn't think it was supper clean & the internet & electricity fluctuated a little bit but I think that it is within the realm of what can be expected when you have so many people sharing a space. The atmosphere was fun & full of energy. I qould definitely recommend it.

Very nice atmosphere, lively without being loud. Very helpful and friendly staff. Pleasant neighborhood. A big notch above your regular backpackers' hostel. Will definitely recommend it.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Belgium

modern designed hostel with good management, excellent new facility, large common area, friendly to cyclist.

Very clean and modern hostel in the middle of San Telmo, great breakfast and helpful staff!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Belgium

a picture is worth a thousand words! Video cameras for extra curricular activities. Cute girls all over this place as an added bonus.

• 31st Jan 2015