America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

best hostel in the world! clean rooms, great people and even greater stuff!

Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Hostel is very modern and so more like a hotel or European hostel. Room was very clean and quiet. Good location for the docks and university area of the city, a walk but a good one. Breakfast was good.

Muy buen hostel, limpio, personal muy amable, cocina completa, desayuno completisimo!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

First of all: they need to update all information provided by email: we had 2 prices about transfer information 150 and 200. The tours are not explained at all. Language: just portuguese speakers should speak in portuguese. It is not a shame tell the guest to speak in english. New crew: they must to be trained in order to do not create issues on hostel's name. Some people are on RTW Trip, and they need to be economic on their travel, so, a wrong information can mess up with the whole trip.

Best hostel in the world!

• 12th Jul 2015

This hostel is in a great location, staff are very helpful and the atmosphere in the place is amazing made a lot of cool friends. The real fast is sparse but it's the same everywhere and the showers seem to flood a lot but otherwise I would highly recommend this place

The hostel was noisey and we did not get a good nights sleep. It seemed like they were just looking to make a buck off of us in any way possible. Additional charges to call a taxi for us, really? Booking fees, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful with maps, local knowledge, and directions. The facilities were very clean, to include daily room cleaning.

• 8th Jul 2015

Hi !! Thank you so much for the review! In the Buenos Aires City there is a Law, were it states that Taxis will charge a 10 pesos fee for the pick up. We are very sorry if we didn´t inform you about it! We are glad you enjoy your stay and we hope to see you again!

Go here! Awesome facilities - almost like a hotel. Great warm, powerful showers. Staff are so welcoming and friendly. Always willing to help, give advice and book stuff to do. 100% recommend the free walking tours - great way to meet people! Only downfall is the breakfast is pretty standard and consists of bread and cereals.

Everything was good just too noisy after midnight

A big, clean, well run hostel of the level you would expect from a European hostel. Staff were helpful and friendly - one even knew my name from day 1! Breakfast was more than adequate. There were different areas to sit and relax and the dorm set up was also good. Internet services were pretty patchy but this is only fault.

Great place to stay. Very secure with 24hr security. Very clean and someone makes your bed each day like in a hotel. Decent wifi through out. Staff are amazing!

I feel bad writing this review as there were many employees here I really like. However, it seemed one of the owners may have come in and "whipped the employees into shape". My first night there was a lot of fun, but the atmosphere took a sharp decline from there. The first night many of the employees took us out and had fun. By the end I didn't receive my key deposit back, people were not interacting and I was not allowed to wait for my cab for an hour in the common area at 5am.

The loud music blaringnat the front desk after 10pm was horrible! The music traveled up to all the rooms. Why do you do that?

This is a great hostel, relatively clean and tidy. The atmosphere wasn't great but then that's not the hostel that's just pot luck as to who's there at the time. The only thing that was annoying was that my room wasn't ready when I checked in when all I wanted to do was sleep! Apart from that would recommend

Hi Kristen! We appreciate your review! We are sorry about keeping you waiting for your room, but as you may know, the Check In it´s at 15:00 and you came to the hostel at 10:00. We always try to give the room as soon as possible, but when the hostel is full it´s pretty complicated. We are glad you enjoy your stay, and hope you came back soon!! :)

Hostel is awesome a lot of people will tell you to stay other side of Ba but this area has a lot to offer just have to look for it. Hostel is modernand quite well setup, rooms are clean and good beds with shower and toilet in the rooms. Breakfast was good enough for a morning start to be honest your in ba food Central you don't want to fill up to much 😂. Staff was helpful but some advice was abit mis leading and left us walking massive distance so double check information before heading out.

Had an awesome time staying here! Met tons of other solo travelers who wanted to explore the city with me. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were super clean.

The staff is awesome and always willing to help and answer questions! Thank you for making my stay fun and enjoyable!

Great hostel. The staff is ready to help at any time and are very nice. The rooms are clean and the facilities are great. I went to Buenos Aires alone and felt very safe and met people from the other side of the world. Lots of backpackers travelling around South America! I would stay there again anytime!

America del Sur is easily the best hostel I've stayed at; the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and the hostel offers a range of great activities (including walking tours and an Argentinean BBQ on Friday nights) which really give you an insight into BA and Argentine history and culture. The hostel itself was incredibly clean and comfortable, with great people to hang out with and all at a great price. I switched from another hostel in BA and didn't regret it!

This place was more like a hotel, it was really clean with very secure dorm rooms. The location was really close to Plaza del Mayo. The only advice I would give is that even though the hostel has a huge board listing activities for each day, be prepared to get to many of the activities by yourself as few are actually organised by the hostel.

• 15th Jun 2015