America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

One of the best hostels we have stayed in on our three months trip. Our twin room was spacious and very.The staff could not have tried harder, was always friendly and welcoming. The whole hostel has a vibrant atmosphere, is centrally located in San Telmo, clean, spacious, modern and comfortable. The kitchen could be better equipped and the wifi was reception was working intermittently. The hostel put on many free events and helped to book and organise any other. Altogether a great experience.

I had a great stay and staff were friendly when approached but wouldn't say they went out of their way. However think i was lucky as had great people in dorm...the hostel only organised an eve event on the Friday so had I arrived another eve / not had good people in dorm it would be harder there to make friends etc. Overall clean great hostel just lacking atmo I'd say

Loved this hostel! Would highly recommend.

Fantastic hostel, great vibe and super friendly helpful staff. The only thing I would say is that breakfast could probably do with some fruit as I'm coeliac and found I couldn't eat anything there for breakfast.

Very caring staff, no complaints

Shower is small. Rooms are small. But it's clean. The staff is very friendly.

Overall clean hostel in a fairly good location. Atmosphere was great, the front desk staff however could improve- either they ignore you for 5min or have an attitude- other travellers I met actually had similar issues. Still a good place to stay though!

The best hostel in San Telmo, thanks for making my stay excellent!

• 1st Nov 2014

Really good hostel with a perfect location if you like to spend time in San Telmo. Enthousiastic and helpfull staff and a good breakfast!

Very nice place to stay. On par with some of the best hostels at which we've stayed in Europe. Breakfast was a little weak (we just brought fruit with us) though since it was complimentary it is hard to complain. The neighborhood is not ideal but close to Puerto Madero--if that's what you want. Recoleta or Palermo are much better locations to stay.

Mixed clients, quiet rooms (apart from Friday BBQs), awesome shower, poor WiFi, usual stuff for breakfast, always kept clean, friendly staff, card-key access to rooms, backpack sized lockers, kitchen has 2 cookers with working ovens and 2 sinks with plenty of pans and plates although no kitchen knives.

It's just perfect :) The staff is really nice, almost always the same people so they actually get to know you. The security is tight. I was a bit worried about the comments of it being noisy but apart from really loudly snoring roommates it's actually not a problem. Heavy doors and decent windows keep out most noise.

Enjoyed my stay at America del Sur. Staff were extremely helpful and rooms were very clean. Dorms were small and top bunk was difficult to access but mattress was comforts. Location in San Telmo was excellent. Only downside was noise. I was on the 4th floor and the sound/chatter/music carried from the main level all hours of the day/night. Breakfast was decent...fruit would be a nice healthy addition though.

We arrived first in our dorm and were not allowed to choose beds. We were told, we should have written an e-mail. Eventually, we could change the assigned bed, but it was a very big deal & such bureaucratic behavior happened with other things as well. Dorms have a good size, but the sink is almost inbetween the beds, so it is quite noisy when you use it. Breakfast is good, many good free activities. Lack of atmosphere in the common areas & usually quite loud music that prevents talking

Great, central location near sites of interest and restaurants. Wonderful and friendly staff. Clean and fairly luxurious for a hostel. Very hip design, with tons of free activities. Excellent if you're traveling by yourself and/or want to meet other travelers. Clean and modern with many hangout areas, including a cool outdoor patio.

Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Bed and pillow are comfortable. Rooms are really small. Front door has to be buzzed in, electronic room keys and back pack sized lockers. Short walk to subway. Back patio is nice. Breakfast is ok, coffee is terrible, so bitter. No atmosphere at all. Can't make noise after 12pm, so can't sit on patio. Downstairs common room is nice. Staff don't care. Felt as though I should apologize for intrupting to ask a question.

Second time staying here- staying at other hostels further highlights how good AdS is. Very secure - card key system. Even the design of the dorms is good - shower and toilet in the room. Very convenient to have lockers for storage and shower downstairs. All staff excellent and friendly. Will be back!.

Overall very good. Clean and safety. Good breakfast. The only negative point in my opinion was the mattress of my bed (404/4) that was too soft.

Nice new building in San Telmo - friendly, knowledgeable, helpful staff. Great BBQ on Friday nights, court yard to hang out in, plenty of suggestions of things to do. Great place to stay. My only gripe is that it can be a bit loud at night with music and people in the courtyard. Probably bring ear plugs.

Great hotel staff and awesome energy from all of the travelers.They also have daily activities including an incredible walking tour with the sweetest and most knowledgable tour guide.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6