America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Staff very helpful and informative. Pleasant stay. Good breakfast with eggs! Lots of activities organized by the hostel. Too bad my time wasn't enough.

The hostel and staff are great but the area looks extremely sketchy :-(

Nice hostel in a nice neighbourhood in a nice part of the world. WIFI is exceptional so if you're a long term traveller, this will come in handy. Still can't understand why other hostels haven't figured out that having a strong, fast and stable internet connection is a crucial ingredient in the success ratings of a hostel.

Thank you so much for that great review :) We're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in here!

Great staff, very helpful and good location for San Telmo and neighbouring areas. Great to have comity tours with some absolutely wonderful guides (Nikolas and Maria)

• 23rd Jan 2016

Thank you so much for your review!! We are glad that you enjoyed our free walking tour!

great friendly staff, excellent atmosphere. you could relax if you wanted, and you could socialize too! excellent hostel.

A query has already been submitted for this review, please contact your Hostelworld.com representative for more information

Second stay at this hostel and can't complain. Best hostel by facilities easily. Only downside is location. It's not bad but Palermo and Recoleta are little bit far away, which I think are the nicest neighbourhoods.

Good place to stay, clean, good location in San Telmo, a cheapest area in Buenos Aires and full of personality. Stayed in the four beds mixed dorm. Good room. The dorm had lockers and good beds. The shower is tiny, but not a problem! The sink, shower and toilet are all separate, which helps a lot in a shared dorm.

This hostel ruined my life, because from now on every hostel I stay at will be a disappointment. The building is sleek and modern. There's an outdoor area with big grill you can use. Later in the night you can move downstairs into the TV room and keep the party going on the sofas and beanbags there. There's a fridge-full of Quilmes, the kitchen is well-stocked and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The showers are hot, the A/C is cold and there's a supermarket straight across the road. 10/10.

Thank you so much for the great review!! It's great to know you enjoyed so much your stay here :) Hope you come back!

Great daily tours, good location and excellent facilities, we really enjoyed our stay! Plus the staff are also extremely helpful and recommended a very local and rustic tango night :)

Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad you enjoy your stay!

The only area I think needs improvement is Staff knowledge. They have an awesome activity board, however, when you ask about it the answer seems to be "I don't know " followed by "I haven't been there or done that" I understand they they are locals and might not be interested in the tourist attractions. But if they work in hospitality and offer such events/activities they should be knowledgeable about them. This is really mY only complaint! Because everything else was Really really Great!!I

• 13th Jan 2016

We’re sorry you got that impression! What happened was that you asked about a service we didn’t provide. It was on a flyer someone had left at the hostel, but it wasn’t someone we worked with. We called to inquire about the tour, but they weren’t able to provide much nformation. Again, our apologies if you felt that we weren’t helpful, but we try our best =) Thank you for your comments!

Seems like a hotel more like a hostel. One of the best hostel facilities ever. Very clean, staff was nice and breakfast was a killer!

Thanks for the review!! Hope you can come back :)

The best, the staff

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Very positive and friendly atmosphere, staff very nice, open and willing to help. The building and rooms are super nice and really well-cared-for. Strongly recommended.

Hey!! Thanks for the review!! We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us :) Hope you come back!

well I stayed n this hostel several times, but now is not the some, less staff, overcharging at their wishes, THE MANAGER IS TAKING PERSONAL ACTITUD ABOUT THE AIR CONDITIONED IN THE KITCHEN AREA AND DINNER TABLES, SO SHE DISCONECT THE AIR CONDITIONING IN THE BASIS THAT THERE IS ENERGY PROBLEMS AND CUSTOMERS NEED TO TELL HER OR THE STAFF TO TURN THE A/C ON, SO IT IS PETTY THAT CLIENTS NEED TO TELL THIS WHEN THERE IS 30 OR MORE DEGREES CELSIUS IN THE AREA. ALSO THE MANAGER IS NOT VERY POLITE .

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Good place to stay in BsAs!

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Nice clean hostel with good facilities and friendly staff. Great location.

One of the cleanest hostels I stayed at in Buenos Aires. Is a new building with well made rooms etc., so, a good 'hotel replacement'. The staff were a mixed bag .. some helpful, some pretty sharp and hurried (which probably happens due to the fact that it's a large hostel with limited staff).

I felt most welcome at this hostel. The staff was magnificent , the rooms were clean and orderly and the value was great . There is a tv room that is a nice escape from the common area , and the whole hostel is purpose built and well decorated . Like most hostels , the kitchen was small for the number of beds but that is being nit picky . Not much else to improve . Keep up the amazing work . Cheers Ricardo

Very clean, wifi can be a bit slow in bedrooms and sometimes not able to connect. Pretty chilled/quite hostel. More like a hotel. Great breakfast though. Didn't seem to have a night life while we stayed there but nice place.

+ATMOSPHERE+ One of the best I've experience thus far! My wife and I arrived Xmas Eve and were greeted by nearly the whole hostel making a huge international potluck dinner together! +FINAL THOUGHTS+ There was a VERY annoying Irish man who was verbally harassed some of the women and kept yelling every night at 2AM. After a few days, the hostel took the initiative to kick him out. Very professional of them and glad they did. Gisele from the front desk is also AWESOME! HIGHLY REC.!!!

Thank you for forming part of our family on Christmas Eve!! We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5