America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The loud music blaringnat the front desk after 10pm was horrible! The music traveled up to all the rooms. Why do you do that?

This is a great hostel, relatively clean and tidy. The atmosphere wasn't great but then that's not the hostel that's just pot luck as to who's there at the time. The only thing that was annoying was that my room wasn't ready when I checked in when all I wanted to do was sleep! Apart from that would recommend

Hostel is awesome a lot of people will tell you to stay other side of Ba but this area has a lot to offer just have to look for it. Hostel is modernand quite well setup, rooms are clean and good beds with shower and toilet in the rooms. Breakfast was good enough for a morning start to be honest your in ba food Central you don't want to fill up to much 😂. Staff was helpful but some advice was abit mis leading and left us walking massive distance so double check information before heading out.

The staff is awesome and always willing to help and answer questions! Thank you for making my stay fun and enjoyable!

Great hostel. The staff is ready to help at any time and are very nice. The rooms are clean and the facilities are great. I went to Buenos Aires alone and felt very safe and met people from the other side of the world. Lots of backpackers travelling around South America! I would stay there again anytime!

America del Sur is easily the best hostel I've stayed at; the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and the hostel offers a range of great activities (including walking tours and an Argentinean BBQ on Friday nights) which really give you an insight into BA and Argentine history and culture. The hostel itself was incredibly clean and comfortable, with great people to hang out with and all at a great price. I switched from another hostel in BA and didn't regret it!

This place was more like a hotel, it was really clean with very secure dorm rooms. The location was really close to Plaza del Mayo. The only advice I would give is that even though the hostel has a huge board listing activities for each day, be prepared to get to many of the activities by yourself as few are actually organised by the hostel.

• 15th Jun 2015

It is not a party hostel which was the exact thing I looked for. Staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed a week there. Location is good, although it could take you 45 mins to Palermo.

• 30th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Really loved that there was a TV room. Hostel not in the cleanest area but has good links to the rest of the city.

Had a great time there! Very nice atmosphere and staff!

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is extremely helpful and knowledgable about the city. The rooms are cleaned everyday. There is always a great atmosphere. This isn't a party hostel, but it has a lot of travelers coming through so you can find people to party with easily. There's also a great bar across the street. I stayed two weeks and loved it. The wifi worked throughout the hostel most of the time, and always in the common areas. Stay here.

I was a little bit disappointed with my experience at this hostel. ´Some of the staff weren´t attentive and could definitely benefit from customer service training. One guy in particular was shocking. The wifi was average and not accessible from the rooms. No locks in the dorm shower and no hand soap at the sink. It wasn´t exactly easy to meet others as it is a big hostel and isn´t very cosy. The only good thing I can say is that it´s clean and the location is quite close to the Sunday markets

Great hostel

Good location and clean place. Main complaints were the size of the kitchen, which is tiny for how many people were there. Fortunately most people seemed to be eating out. The internet was so slow it was basically unusable. They seem to be trying to make some money back off the extras, things like phone calls and printing were charged.

Great staff - happy to assist with everything. Location was really good for many things (although a little sketchy at night in some parts of surrounding area). Great listed hostel activities everyday! Rooms were really well set up (lockers, powerpoints, separate toilet and shower etc).

Our best stay so far in our 5 months travels. We thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a very clean hostel too with lots of space to hang about. We booked to stay for two nights and ended up staying for a week. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here!

1 no wifi in our room. We ask but they didn't fix anything. Cool. 2 we had electronic problems but they fixed the problem two days later. yea. 3 at least they could had change our rooms. But no way. Either way breakfast is good as the room. we spent nice days in Buenos Aires.

• 11th May 2015

Had a very Nice stay at this hostel. People were friendly, staff was nice. ThE place was very clean, dorms are big. Great value!

Their prices change based upon how many people have rooms booked there which seems somewhat anti-hostel when you end up paying twice as much as someone else in the hostel. They should do a better job monitoring noise out in the courtyard when it is super late. There was a party out there till about 4:00 that kept everyone up. Those are my new gripes, outside of that the place was really nice - Great breakfast, awesome staff, and clean rooms.

Unforunately I have to report a terrible experience at this hostel. Everything was great until my last night when all my money was stolen from my locker. A guy with a suspicious look checked in only for one night and was able to open my locker with a key or something while I was sleeping. I woke up at 7 that day, he wasn't there anymore and neither my money!The most incredible thing is that when I asked the reception the data of this guy they realized they didn't have his ID or pasport....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6