America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

It was just perfect.

The staff and hostel is commendable. The girls working the front desk were by far the sweetest and most helpful people I met.. The only thing I would suggest is to layoff the nonstop John Mayer music during breakfast and focus more on Latin Music. People from all over the world travel to Argentina looking to learn and be immersed in its cultures. Nothing speaks more about a country or city's current culture then the type music being listened to by its people. Crazy Dominican from NYC

• 8th Apr 2014

The staff is great, they were so helpful and nice. I've met a lot of people in this hostel. The breakfast is amazing. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends!!

Very good hostel, friendly and welcoming even when we were causing chaos with our booking! Good activities provided, especially the free walking tours! Only slight problem was the wifi kept dropping out, not a major complaint!

• 29th Mar 2014

I felt very safe in the hostel! The Location is very good and you can walk to a lot of important buildings and places! There are also a few Restaurants around and a supermarcet is on the other side of the street! The staff is very helpful and very friendly! Every Day the room is cleaned and they make your bed too! The rooms have lockers! I didn't like the shower in this small Dark room because everything gets wet but this is the only thing! Breakfast was nice! Mix of hostel and Hotel!

This hostel is very nice. It is good value for the money. Besides from that it is located a little outside the city center the hostel is very good. Good breakfast. The atmosphere could have been better.

Great place for couples. Hard to beat in Buenos Aires at that price range.

Extremely helpful staff which even remembered our names. I appreciate that a lot as you do not even find that in some of the five-star-hotels :-). The location was just perfect and the tango dance lesson as well as the city tour San Telmo & La Boca with Santiago were a lot of fun. I will be back for sure and recommend your hostel. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• 23rd Mar 2014

2nd time here and the standard is consistently high. Good breakfast, reliable wifi and helpful staff.

the hostel itself is really good ! good wifi nice rooms clean baths and toilets nice breakfast. but locations wise not good its very scaring walking there by day and by night!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Israel

Hostel was really good. We stayed at Eco Hostel and this one in BA. This one was better for everything except location.

Very nice hostel...I felt like home! The only thing had bored me was the bathroom...After take a shower, it always was wet. But the staff, location, information about the city and things to do there were very important to our trip! When I get back to BA, for sure I'll return there again!!!

• 12th Mar 2014

The staff is really friendly and the location in the hear of San Telmo is great. The rooms were really clean and they offer a lot of additional stuff. The only negative thing was that the room was really noisy because the window didn't keep the noise from the street outside.

My friend and I were quite disappointed with our stay at America del Sur hostel. Although the hostel itself was nice and in a great area (San Telmo), we found the reception staff unfriendly and unhelpful (with the exception of one of the girls, who had just started working there). The atmosphere was not what we had expected or hoped for. Planned parties didn't go ahead and for that reason, there was no real vibrancy to the place and it was hard to meet people. We did enjoy the breakfast however!

Solid bunk beds, good social area for meeting people, friendly staff! I extended a few nights bc it was so awesome!

The price is good, but i think that the room wasn`t very clean. The noise downstairs was loud all day long. I could not take a nap in the afternoon...

• 1st Mar 2014

El check in a las 15 es definitivamente muy tarde, El equipaje queda en un lugar que al momento de retirarse puede ser llevado por otra persona sin control de la recepción. El mantenimiento del edificio se nota que esta en disminución respecto de lo que ha sido en el pasado. El lugar es bueno aunque sería justo que vuelva a ser mejor, desayuno no tiene frutas, ni facturas.

Great staff ;)

This is the second time I have stayed there. I have tried some different hostels around Buenos Aires, but this one I really like and recommend. By the way...there is a nice Spanish school one block away.

some of the staff acted like it was a hassle even being there and werent friendly or helpful at all. like speaking to a surly teenager. the hostel also lacks an friendly atmoshphere which other hostels have. but its clean and modern - the facilities are good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6