America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Good location. Close to restaurants and supermarkets. Easy walking distance to downtown tourist sites. Good wifi in common areas and all rooms. Breakfast decent quality but just bread and cereal. Sociable but not a party hostel. Staff were friendly and always happy to help but seemed to have problems using their booking system and sometimes have conflicting information (eg. saying that airport transfer service was booked out then another staff member saying that wasn't the case).

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in - especially because of the staff, who are always willing to help in any way possible. All speak fluent English.. Felt very secure

The staff were extremely helpful and will help out with any tour recommendations, or help navigating around the city. They offer different free activities every day of the week. The free walking tour on the downtown area was definitely a must! Unfortunately, I happen to be sick for most of my stay & the staff were really helpful in getting me what I needed - they even offered to make me chicken soup! The only downside is that the rooms are quite noisy all night from the common areas.

Very well run mega hostel. If your not a party type or you are a light sleeper, maybe not for you. People are always up past the crack of dawn. Staff was helpful, spoke english. Breakfast was great for such a large hostel. 4 bed mixed dorms are small , but do the job as you spend little time inside other than sleeping. Supermarket directly across the street, and one of the premier steakhouses in town 2 blocks around the corner(gran parillo del plata) the medallion de lomo is the die for .

This place is more like a hotel. Individual key cards and on suite showers are nice. It's in a great part of BA loads of great restearaunts and cafes. But some of the staff here during our stay were lack luster to put it on a nice way.. They could not care less really and this is the first time we've experienced this attitude throughout our whole travels. How ever the tours you can book through the hostel are really good and the free walking tours are great this is because Marina is brilliant!!

Friendly helpful staff with good English

People rave about this hostel up and down the backpacker highway and with good reason. Fantastic social hostel with the most outstanding staff. Showers that'll tear the skin off you. The best steak restaurant in town on the corner. Clean comfortable rooms. Great social areas that keep the flow going but doesn't keep you awake if you need a quiet one. Best hostel experience I've ever had... On its own enough to make me schedule a return to BA in this trip. Do yourself a favour and book now

High quality hostel but very big so not socially conducive to great mingling! Vast range of ages for sure. Decent breakfast. Quite helpful staff. The 'free walk about tour' is not free but still worth it!

The Internet was not working for three days while we had our stay. It kept going in and out, but mostly out. There were a few rude workers at the front. When we asked for a taxi to the port, the front desk did not tell us or the driver the address and we ended up going to the wrong location and almost missing our boat. Also they bought the wrong tickets for our boat ride cutting into our time in Colonia from 6 hours to 3.5 hours. There was a mystery bug in our dorm mates bed while he was sleepin

Great hostel, would definitely recommend. Good location in san telmo, really helpful & friendly staff, and a great place to meet people. Rooms, bathrooms & common areas always clean. Great chill out couch downstairs. Kitchen a bit old. It's a little loud at night but it's a hostel!

Very clean, friendly staff, lots of activities for travellers. The neighborhood could be a bit sketch at night but security was good. The Bambi market out front sells wine for the equivalent of 2-3 USD!!!! The parilla around the corner is good too!

Pretty good hostel, but a little bland and homogenous. I'm sure there are cheaper more interesting hostels in BA.

Nice enough hostel, in a good location, staff could do with having more knowledge, communal areas not that comfortable.

Good hostel with good facilities. Key cards for 4 bed dorms and full backpack sized lockers. Great ensuite bathroom/shower. Good, busy social atmosphere. Breakfast could have been better (cereal, bread/toast and spreads - no fruit, eggs etc.) given the high price.

The staff is great, they enjoy working there and it shows. I had to leave because they were booked (my fault for not booking a longer stay in advance) but they still let me sign up for tours while I was staying in an apartment. Great vibe, highly recommend.

Cool atmosphere in the hostel really sociable. The dorms are spacious and clean. Toilet and shower are separate in the rooms which is good and they are really clean. Great to have such a big mirror and a hairdryer! Drinks in the hostel are expensive but you can take your own in. Nice big sofa and chill out area in the basement. Staff were really nice and helpful. Breakfast was good! Kitchen was a bit grubby and only one oven worked. Had a great welcome and goodbye by Pedro and Leon.

Had a great time. Helpful, english speaking staff. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Located in the heart of San telmo, close to the subway. Dailty activities, so a great place to meet people.

Great hostel, definitely stay here! Good atmosphere, amazingly helpful staff and good to relax and meet people. People of ages are present and the rooms are excellent with ensuite bathrooms. Loved it!

Very nice and clean hostel. Very close to many restaurants and bars. The rooms are nice and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

This was the best hostel I´ve stayed in in my nine months of traveling. All the staff were fantastic and went way beyond what they needed to do to make sure you were having a great stay. Nico was extremely helpful to us and recomended some fantastic places we would never have found on our own, he really made an effort to help us with everything we needed. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. Thanks America Del Sur!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels