America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

A very clean and modern hostel that is more closer to a hotel in terms of facilities. Average breakfast but room gets cleaned everyday by friendly cleaners.

It is not a party hostel which was the exact thing I looked for. Staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed a week there. Location is good, although it could take you 45 mins to Palermo.

• 30th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Really loved that there was a TV room. Hostel not in the cleanest area but has good links to the rest of the city.

Had a great time there! Very nice atmosphere and staff!

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is extremely helpful and knowledgable about the city. The rooms are cleaned everyday. There is always a great atmosphere. This isn't a party hostel, but it has a lot of travelers coming through so you can find people to party with easily. There's also a great bar across the street. I stayed two weeks and loved it. The wifi worked throughout the hostel most of the time, and always in the common areas. Stay here.

I was a little bit disappointed with my experience at this hostel. ´Some of the staff weren´t attentive and could definitely benefit from customer service training. One guy in particular was shocking. The wifi was average and not accessible from the rooms. No locks in the dorm shower and no hand soap at the sink. It wasn´t exactly easy to meet others as it is a big hostel and isn´t very cosy. The only good thing I can say is that it´s clean and the location is quite close to the Sunday markets

Great hostel

Good location and clean place. Main complaints were the size of the kitchen, which is tiny for how many people were there. Fortunately most people seemed to be eating out. The internet was so slow it was basically unusable. They seem to be trying to make some money back off the extras, things like phone calls and printing were charged.

Great staff - happy to assist with everything. Location was really good for many things (although a little sketchy at night in some parts of surrounding area). Great listed hostel activities everyday! Rooms were really well set up (lockers, powerpoints, separate toilet and shower etc).

Our best stay so far in our 5 months travels. We thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a very clean hostel too with lots of space to hang about. We booked to stay for two nights and ended up staying for a week. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here!

1 no wifi in our room. We ask but they didn't fix anything. Cool. 2 we had electronic problems but they fixed the problem two days later. yea. 3 at least they could had change our rooms. But no way. Either way breakfast is good as the room. we spent nice days in Buenos Aires.

• 11th May 2015

Had a very Nice stay at this hostel. People were friendly, staff was nice. ThE place was very clean, dorms are big. Great value!

Their prices change based upon how many people have rooms booked there which seems somewhat anti-hostel when you end up paying twice as much as someone else in the hostel. They should do a better job monitoring noise out in the courtyard when it is super late. There was a party out there till about 4:00 that kept everyone up. Those are my new gripes, outside of that the place was really nice - Great breakfast, awesome staff, and clean rooms.

Unforunately I have to report a terrible experience at this hostel. Everything was great until my last night when all my money was stolen from my locker. A guy with a suspicious look checked in only for one night and was able to open my locker with a key or something while I was sleeping. I woke up at 7 that day, he wasn't there anymore and neither my money!The most incredible thing is that when I asked the reception the data of this guy they realized they didn't have his ID or pasport....

Great place!!! Friendly staff, best hostal in Buenos Aires. Perfect location. I recomend this place so far!!!

One of the best staffs out there. Really make an effort to make you feel comfortable and welcome, also extremely knowlageble of the city and surroundings. The area is good, not amazing, walking distance from a lot of things, but I guess that with such a big city you'll allways compromise something regarding location. If I was to pint a downside it would be not having a bar inside or nearby (although they do sell beer at a fair price). Would definitely recommend it.

Modern, purpose-built hostel. Great staff. Several activities. No real security on left luggage.

Everything excelent, they answer all our questions, help us to find the sightseeing and vry friendly people working there

The hostel is amazing, it seems that they have everything covered. It is super clean, the breakfast is more than a starter, they have free walking tour and give options of things to do for almost everyday. The only thing that bothered me was the staff! We asked for a taxi as we usually did at the reception to go to the stadium and the girl called a private car that cost us more than twice the regular price, not nice! The guy who check us out was the nicest and more helpful.

Really great place!!! Best hostal in Buenos Aires so far!!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels