America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

We recommend this hostel. We stayed in a private double with ensuite. Place is clean with English speaking

• 18th Feb 2014

nice hostel! really clean, relaxed ambient, nice region. friday night it's BBQ night, don't miss it ;)

Rooms very clean, modern and comfortable. kitchen filthy. security woeful. my phone was stolen from our locked, private room. Another had her bag stolen from the luggage store.

• 11th Feb 2014

Clean and modern. Great to have AC in the rooms during summer, although it does leak and leave water over the floor. Not as sociable as many other hostels

The staff was really cool and the hostel facilities are very good. However, althoug the architectur of the building is interesting (has two big open span from the ground to the roof floor), I found it kind of noisy because of people who where talking on the ground floor. There was no wifi on the rooms as well. Anyway, I consider those minor things, and I recommend the hostel.

It was an excellent hostel to stay in by all means. I was going around South-America for a while and every time I had to go back to Buenos Aires I knew THAT was the place. I am in love with all the staff (literally) and I hope they know they'll always have a place in Barcelona, in my heart and in my moustache!

Nice place, good vibe. Only bummer was that there was only one key per room, which necessitated many extra trips to the lobby. Wifi was spotty. Other than that super cool

PROS: Very modern building, great common area to chill out in, clean bedrooms and v.helpful staff. Supermarket right across the road NEGATIVES: A little bit pricer than other hostels. Wifi a bit temperamental

Big professional hostel, good facilities, nice and helpful staff. Should improve their wifi

Big hostel so not mega personal but we were very happy here. Excellent front desk staff who were happy to talk in Spanish with us to help us improve and switch to English when needed. Super clean and a/c worked well. Taxi booked for us and bus for onward journey to puerto iguazu. Comfy beds and nice secure rooms.

Nice place to stay. The breakfast is nice and the Friday barbecue is also great. The rooms are clean and are cleaned daily professional. The staff is friendly and gives a lot of useful advises. When I return to Buenos Aires I will stay at America del Sur Hostel again because I enjoyed my time there. That's why I can recommend it to other travellers as well!

Have been to Buenos Aires 6 times now and have stayed at different hostels every time and I'm safe to say that this hostel has been the best for me.

Travelling by myself I for me this hostel was way too big, which made it harder to meet new people. The reception was always busy and you had to wait for your turn. However, the staff was friendly and provided help. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. Sometimes I did not really feel comfortable walking to the hostel from the center (lots of men hanging out in front of shops etc.). The center is reached quickly though. Also I did not like the sink in the middle of the room

it was good until they overbooked us and kicked a bunch of us out witch I thought really sucked ..... then I rented a room at this cockroach pit called the art factory ... I tried to leave a review of the art factory and was unsuccessful.. this place was full of filth the couches were so dirty your arms would stick to them , it rained a lot and the roof leaked so bad they had garbage pails collecting the rain and the WI FI hardly ever worked ..if you like roaches an filth this place is for you..

The Location was good, I been in the 5th floor and water drops down from ceiling but I didn't get wet ;-).

A fin breakfeat, not just bread and jam but also cereals. Helpful staff, not always perfect at pointing things out on the map, but close enough. We would stay there again.

Complications with access to room. Close to San Telmo nightlife and an excellent Steak house (Glan Parilla del Plata). Bathroom was not always very clean. Unfortunately the hostel is too big to offer an excellent atmosphere but common room and backyard nice.

Great hostel for travellers who expect a clean and safe place to rest their head for the night. Staff were very halpful and had some great suggestions for eating out. Beds were very nice and modern and the showers had excellent pressure. Would stay there again for sure!

A massive modern hostel where there is only private rooms and 4pax dorm which makes you fell like being more in a hotel than a hostel. Everything is clean and comfy, excellent breakfast, private bathrooms with even hair dryer. An excellent value hostel. Only issue was the wifi that wasn't working well...

Internet is really poor and keeps on shuting down, which is quite bad. I was there for a week and it did not improve.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels