America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hostel was very clean, ensuites in rooms were nice too. Staff were fantastic they sung all the latin hits. It was very funny, but hard to not get the songs your own head! Kitchen was tiny there was no room between 5.30-10.00 for any cooking, but just eat out all the food is good in the area. Good quality breakfast too.

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and our singing as well! Hope you can come back!

It has the facilities of a hotel with the cool atmosphere of a hostel. Excellent staff and excellent facilities.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Argentina

We appreciate your review! Hope you can come back!

Incredible hostal for the money - one of my favourite in south america. Great place to meet people, especially through the walking tours. Strong decent wifi, good aircon, decent showers and kitchen. Insure you are charged correctly on checkout as we heard of issues from various other travelers.

Really good hostel, clean, safe and recommended

My husband, four daughters and I truly enjoyed our time at the hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, always willing to answer our many questions. The beds were comfortable, letting each of us get a good nights sleep.

• 17th Dec 2015

Very good hostel. Decent location, very professionally run, great amenities and friendly staff. Only downside is that it can feel a bit like a hotel - I was fine with that, but for those looking for a more 'authentic' hostel experience, other places would be better suited to provide that.

Thank you for your review! It's good to know you enjoyed your stay!

A cool, modern hostel with good chill out areas. Easy to meet people, comfortable and clean. Best value for money on this trip. Staff were helpful and the facilities were good. Breakfast was the best spread yet also, with bread, spreads, cereal and fruit. I'd be staying here when I come back next.

Very helpfull reception and really clean room !!

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Poland

The double room was better than many 3 star hotels!

Thanks for the review!! We are glad to know you appreciated the room :) Hope you come back!

Loved the location and initial staff help in orienting me to the city. I had a private room and bath which helped with resting up after a long flight before heading to gorgeous Patagonia. The staff were helpful before arrival by e-mail and in person. My Spanish is very limited therefore I appreciated the kindness.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Electricity was out for days meaning no air conditioning in the rooms. This is inexcusable during the summer. Then water went out so no hand washing, toilet or shower in the room. Horrible. Staff should have made stay free and did not adequately apologize for lack of basic necessities. Saying "This is what happens usually happens in Buenos Aires" is not acceptable.

• 1st Dec 2015

It's clean, all the dorms have a shower, toilet, air con, large lockers & a mirror, making them nice, comfy & relaxing. The staff go out of their way to be friendly & give pointers on things to do in the city. Walking tours start from the hostel, which is convenient & we took part in a free tango lesson. We had a period of 24 hours without electric & 12 without water which was not the fault of the hostel, but staff handled the problem brilliantly when they had some guests kicking off at them.

Thank you for the review!! Is good to know that you enjoyed all of our activities!! We are sorry about the light problem!! Hope you can come back again!!

Staff were helpful (booking taxis, offering advice/ tips, etc.) and the free city tours were fantastic (one of my favorite parts of staying at hostels like this one). Free breakfast isn't the greatest selection but does it's job and it's free! Room was clean (four person) with own bathroom, bunk beds (not super comfortable, but not uncomfortable either), nice to have AC, could hear some noise from people in the garden area at night, but head earplugs and slept well. Free wifi and bag storage.

Thanks for the review!! glad yo hear you enjoyed all our activities!! Hope you can come back!

I really liked the hostel and the atmposphere was great. Our dorm had a shower in the room which I very much liked. If I were to come back, I would definitely choose it again.

Great, clean place. Can be loud on weekends both at night and in the morning.

Nice clean hostel, staff very helpful. Good location for San Telmo.

Having daily activities such as the guided tours that the hostel guests can take part in and having the common areas (such as the breakfast area and the lounge on the lower ground floor) are excellent ways for hostelmates to meet and mingle.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

This was such a nice hostel! Felt more like a hotel! After a while on the road it is really satisfying to find such a clean, comfortable, quiet place to sleep. I stayed in both the private and dorm room and both were immaculate and comfortable. Staff were always happy to answer questions, breakfast was nice, and the whole place felt very open and light. Make sure to book in, this place fills up fast!

Great hostel, right in the San Telmo neighborhood. Staff was awesome, especially Marianna! Take advantage of the tours they offer, tango in particular, really fun time. Met a ton of cool travelers from everywhere, with a good patio and common space to entertain. I will be back, until next time Argentina!

Glad to know you took advantage of all out tours! We always do our best to keep you satisfied! Mariana says hi!!

The young ladies were a wonderful help! Most spoke English and if they didn't they got someone else. They were unfailingly pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to make you comfortable. Highly recommend!

Hey! Thanks for the review! We really do out best to keep you comfortable and answer all your doubts!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels