America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Expensive but good.

The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me make and plan my daily activities. The Hostel is clean and I would stay here on my next visit to BA.

Fantastic hostel in perfect funky part of the city. Great welcome from the girls at reception on arrival - the best hostel so far in South America! Steve (UK)

Everything was pretty much as expected from the previous reviews - apart from the Internet which was non-existent in any of the bedrooms. (The basement computer room with 3 terminals had good reception) These days a good wifi connection is as important to most travelers as hot running water - Hostelworld should introduce this as a whole new rating element to encourage hostels to upgrade their service provision !

My first stop in the beginning of a long trip around South and Central America and it was great! I stupidly lost my bank card in the ATM at the airport and they very kindly let me use their phone to call my UK bank to sort everything out! The rooms and vey clean and very well equipped for a hostel. The breakfast is more than you get in almost all hostels I've ever been in. Great way to start the day! If I come back to BA I'll be staying here again!

I have been living/ backpacking in South America for 5 months and this is one of the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. It is really clean, and the staff is very helpful. The stAff tries to plan a lot of things, but this is not a party hostel.

Great facilities. It almost feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

i had a great stay....i wasnt very involved in the social scene because i was visiting friends but the vibes are good and the people are helpful!!

• 30th May 2014

This hostel feelt like a hotel, very very welcoming and friendly staff, amazing breakfast, comfortable beds, great computers downstairs, great location, staff were brilliant. Wanted to stay longer but they were all booked up. A bit more expensive than other places though, I did find other hostels for a lot cheaper with similar facilities. But this was pretty amazing

A very very good hostel. The staff were really great and friendly and did everything they could to help. The BBQ was absolutely brilliant. This isn't an all out party hostel yet there is often partying/drinking until the early hours - just be aware that certain rooms (primarily those overlooking the courtyard) can hear much of the partying. Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Amazing staff, close to many intresting places, and very comfortable rooms!

• 29th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Great breakfast,big room, very clean,great location near San Telmo But you need to be careful in Independencia street, becaues I met some people who put some mustard on my head and my clothes

Nice hostel with great staff but rooms facing the street, despite valiant efforts at reducing noise, still have a serious problem and I recommend earplugs. Wish I had known before being woken up by drunk singers and cars! One of the beds in the dorm was outrageously squeaky, and having the sink not in the main room is tough when people are sleeping. If you go, Jackbucks for coffee and veggie food, and El banco rojo at bolivar 914 for amazing pita sandwiches. Kitchen OK - no mugs though!

After staying at Milhouse Avenue for 3 nights, America Del Sur was great to come to and relax. Great staff and security but location is a bit shady, especially at night, and if you are alone. If you are with a group then it's fine just be cautious. The rooms are great, cleaned everyday, are modern and comfortable beds. Breakfast is good, basic but good. Only downfall is after coming from such a euphoric atmosphere of Milhouse slightly disappointed that there was pretty much no atmosphere here.

This is undoubtedly THE BEST hostel in Buenos Aires. Amazing.

Very professional hostel management with room service every day, lots of activities, good breakfast (which is really rare in South America!), nice chillout area, can get busy and noisy sometimes. Overall I liked it very much (besides the noise).

Things that could be better: Soap by the sinks More toilet paper Integral bread to breakfast, different breakfast to different days. More fruit Its loud. Way past 22, 24 or whenever the "silence" time is Its cold in the rooms More games, books, activities More "tourist" information, help with walking routes

• 18th May 2014
  • Norway

One of my favorite hostels! I can't say enough good things. Probably the best security I've seen for a hostel. Giant in-room lockers for every guest, RFID keys for rooms, etc. Very good social atmosphere. Met lots of awesome people while staying there and was always able to find people to go exploring or partying with. Also, the showers! Hands down the best water pressure I've ever experienced and the water is always hot.

Good, clean hostel with plenty going on

Loved the BBQ :) very posh hostel ! Loved it