America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Internet is really poor and keeps on shuting down, which is quite bad. I was there for a week and it did not improve.

Very nice hostel located close to the centre but in a bit of a dodgy area. The hostel is very nice, really big tv room, nice patio area, nice rooms but the kitchen is tiny for the amount of people in the hostel.

Very nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff who all spoke perfect English. Its centrally located. Nice friendly atmosphere and common area for getting to meet other travellers.

The team at America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires were really friendly and couldn't have done more to help us as we arrived in Buenos Aires.

• 24th Jan 2014

I spent only three days in this hostel, but that was more than enough to know how good it is. The staff is very kind, well prepared and proactive. They helped me with all my tours in the city and with all the cultural interaction I had with argentinians ! I met nice people in there and I had great times because of it. I will definitely stay in America del Sur next time in Buenos Aires!

All staffs are kindly and helpful! Facilities is fine. And the hostel has many lessons and activities.

Very good value for money! We arrived at 7 in the morning after a flight with no sleep. The chilling room downstairs had a very good cough to sleep till our room was ready. Nice free walking tours. Good place to meet other travellers. Enough staff to help you with everything you need. Very helpful and pro-active.

• 21st Jan 2014

This place is amazing! The cleanest most well organized hostel ever. I worked at a really popular hostel for two years so I am very picky. Everything was great! Staff knows everything you just have to ask. Really good dorms, a/c, maid service everyday, good breakfast , amazing tv room, good Internet and safe location. Highly highly recommend it!

Lovely clean and friendly hostel, superbly located. Just a short walk away from the main square. Very large in style and more of the appearance of a hotel. Good breakfast and chilling place with computers and TV in the basement.

Nice new multi million dollar facilities. Really comfy and shiny. Wifi networks are in every corner but none work. Don't count on finishing any internet tasks here. The coffee is yuck. Really crowded and noisy during breakfast.

I stayed at the buenos aires location and el calafate location. Really impressed with both hostels. One improvement needed: internet connection to the routers in BA were good, but i think their connection to their ISP was not often working so couldnt always get internet.

Excellent hostel! Staff is really great, even went out for the night with them. Everything is clean, lots of activities and very well located. Would go back any time when in BA.

Nice hostel, but with problems of the internet connection and credit card payment

At the beginning I booked just one night in this hostel and other 2 nights in an other hostel with a better location, but I have to admit that I have really missed the atmosphere from ADS Hostel!!

Everything was excellent. The best staff we've had at any hostel. Very good atmosphere for meeting other travelers. Only thing that wasn't 100% was the WiFi, which was a bit flaky, but at least it worked most of the time in the lobby area.

Nice and clean hostel in a very good location. Excellent value for money.

Staff were very friendly, happy and helpful people. Kitchen is shocking, too small for hostel capacity and with only two chopping boards, no sharp knife for food prep. Not enough glasses or cups to drink from. Rooms are comfortable (we took a private) but take ear plugs as the street gets noisy at night. Location is good and mercado accross road. Breakfast is plentifull but pretty sugary. Not the best hostel for meetign people. Great for a few days stay to explore Buenos Aires, would return.

Excellent hostel, staff very friendly and the most helpful we have ever met, great breakfast, and huge selection of activities (especially recommend the history tour) most of which are free. Stay here!

Quite Commercial! Small kitchen. But: rooms with aircon, 4 beds, toilet, shower. Hostel got robbed during my visit but I felt quite safe. Staff ist really friendly, but again the hostel is commercial and they advise expensive tours rather than cheap alternatives.

Great hostel with nice bedrooms. But: it's quite commercial and you have the feeling that the staff's advices are sometimes money-driven. Hostel got robbed during my visit. The common area is nice but not a unique meeting point for backpackers.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels