America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

A bit sterile but does the job. Kitchen equipment is poor, they could spend spend $50 and buy some knives etc Generally good staff but management have stupid and inflexible cancellation policy.

Thanks for the review! We have re stock the kitchen supplies! we try to do out best to keep it full! We try to be as clear as possible over our cancelation policies, we treat all our guests equally so unfortunately we can't make exeptions

The staff are really friendly and helpful. They take care in giving directions to the stay be more comfortable. The breakfast is really cool and the atmosphere nice.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

Thanks for the review!! We try to give our best! :)

Staff excellent and really helpful. Only criticism would be the bunk beds because they have no safety side ralling in case you fall. Shower slight to small - however I am over 6'3". Liked it a lot. Good atmosphere.

• 4th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Hey! Thank you so much for the review! We'll take into considerations the safety rallings!

This Hostel was amazing! We were set up in a 4bed mixed dorm that had plenty of space with an ensuite which was great. The breakfast in the morning was basic (the toast was delicious) with a good selection of juice, yogurt, cake and cereal. The staff is what makes this hostel. They were very helpful, kind and funny. When we couldn't book another couple of nights at the hostel (they were fully booked), we ended up coming back and booking tours through them since our new hostel wasn't as helpful.

• 31st Oct 2015

Very good hostel, modern, clean, well organized, nice staff. Very recomendable.

Close to Subte, market just across the street, very nice and helpful staff, really clean. The only negative aspect it’s the hostel is kinda noisy. Having a bathroom in the room is useful when you are traveling with other people and you all have the same routine; however, when you are sharing the room, going to the toilette or showering after coming in late may be bothersome to other people asleep in the room. Also, there’s loud music in the lobby past midnight. Apart from that, I do recommend.

Hostel is noisy because of the open stairwell. They would do well to add some sound-mitigating feature to the stairwell. Perhaps some sort of acoustical tile to the ceilings?

• 30th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

This was a great place to stay and I highly recommend. The dorm was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and I felt it was a great value as well. There are 2 computers downstairs with good internet connection as well as what I would call a quiet room. The only cons: the lockers in the rooms can only use small locks (no locker sized locks), and it can be pretty echoey from the outside patio as well as from the inside lobby.

Nice big hostel, with clean rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast is great, and would definitely reccomend doing the free walking tours. Good location near the Sunday antique markets. But if you're after a party atmosphere, stay at Milhouse!

Super clean and modern hostel but lacks atmosphere

The room was good for the price. Althought a paint job would do a big difference in the room we were. The breakfast was average with only options for the sweet tooth (cake, cereal, bread and yoghurt ). Staff were friendly, and provided us with good info. We could store our bag packs while we were gone which was greatly appreciated. Only thing, is that the noise from the entrance and kitchen was loud and could easily be heard in the room. Good thing we are deep sleepers!

• 24th Oct 2015

Extremely helpful and friendly staff, good enough atmosphere, good location in San Telmo although I might probably stay in Palermo next time because of its better nightlife. Decent sized room had a problem with the AC which was promptly fixed the next day. Breakfast was meh.

I very much enjoyed my stay of over a week at America del Sur. The reception staff and daily activities were great. Good choice for those looking for a pleasant hostel with a chill vibe. I'd encourage looking at more ways to help hostel guests break the ice.

The hostel itself is like a hotel. Great facilities and breakfast. The only let down is there is no atmosphere in this place, the lounge is poor and there are no efforts to brings the guests together. I initially booked 2 nights, but extended to 7 as I had met some great people in my room. Overall, I would recommend this hostel

Really good hostel, clean, modern, good breakfast-they have cereal!! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, spoke perfect English, gave you advice on what to do and where to go and where to be careful. Would def stay here again!

We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us!! Hope you come back!

Very modern hostel and very clean. The staff cleans the rooms every day and makes the beds. Bathrooms in the room are divided with the toilet separate from the shower and the sink separate from both, so it makes it much easier to share a room with 4 people. The hostel has several activities organized every day, and helps you plan any trip you want to do on your own. Overall, a fantastic hostel that I would definitely stay at again in the future and highly recommend to others.

• 12th Oct 2015

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all our activities :)

Great hostel. Really clean and well maintained. Killer water pressure. At times it's very social other times it's sleepy.

I consider this one of the best run hostels anywhere. The breakfast is good, the beds are comfortable, and I totally understand those who go there repeatedly, i sure would. The personnel is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient. Security is excellent. While they may lack a restaurant, there are restaurants and markets in easy walking distance. A supermarket that also serves hot food is across the street. An inexpensive and professional laundry service is less than half a block away.

Thank you so much for the review! We are glad to know you had a great time in here! And looking forward to have you again :)

Everyone was very friendly, guests and staff were awesome.

• 30th Sep 2015

Perfect stay! I extended for several more nights and will be back when I return to Buenos Aires.

Thank you so much for the review!! We are happy to know that you are enjoying your stay :)

View all Buenos Aires Hostels