America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really great place!!! Best hostal in Buenos Aires so far!!

Average for facilities as wifi access is inconsistent but great hostel apart from that

> room setup is annoying: small 4-bed dorms with a sink in the room so you can brush your teeth in front of your roomates; outlets in room only for Australian-style plugs > lively, social atmosphere is good for meeting other travelers; planned activities > great location between san telmo and the center > decent free breakfast

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in my travels. It's more a hotel than a hostel. Great facilities, good wifi everywhere and a decent breakfast. The staff aren't just pretty girls, they are always with a smile and happy to help you. Special thanks to Marianella that was incredible efficient!!! Ricky :-)

Super friendly and clean. Close to everything 👌

nice, very clean hostel but for some reason it felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Everyone there seemed to be in a group, I didn't find any other solo travelers. I would still recommend it though.

One of the best hostels I stayed in in South America! It is very social - as a lone traveller it is perfect to get to know new people. They offer many different tours and make your start in Buenos Aires really easy. The breakfast is really good and is served until 11, which is very good in a city like Buenos Aires ;). I can definitely recommend this hostel!

• 24th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay the staff were extremely helpful in all aspects . Only small downside was the morning coffee, basically undrinkable everything else was great.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This is hostel might be a 10 minute walk from the bus station but is so worth it. The staff were amazing each time I stayed here. The dorms were clean and the beds comfortable. The view of a morning and at sun set is amazing. I would recommend staying here.

Wi-fi is spotty & highly lacking but I loved my time there. Good, clean rooms and service is excellent but cell phone reception is nonexistent and the wi-fi is terrible - either fix it or don't state that you have free wifi, complete disservice to your guests. Karo was amazing! I loved her customer service 😊

Really nice place, friendly staff, perfect location.

The only bad Thing was the wifi connection

Great hostel. The room and the common areas were clean and looked well-taken care of. The shower in our room was the best I've had in SA- hot water and strong water pressure. The scene was very social and the atmosphere inviting. Excellent planned activities and events. Helpful staff and nice facilities. My only complaint was that the wifi was very slow most of the day.

Great hostel with friendly staff that will do all they can to help. Excellent facilities and atmosphere.

• 15th Apr 2015

Its really good hostel, very nice helpfull staff especially Nico 😃 rooms are very safe and modern with bathroom and toilet. There are elevaitors what is very comfy. The common space and the patio are very nice and make it easy to meet other travelers😝 maybe its not the cheaper but really liked this place 😝 totaly would stay here again !

fantastic time there. apart from meeting amazing people from around the world, the desk staff are amazing. They welcomed me back after Mendoza and that was such a warm welcome, im 56 years old, and they made me feel so welcome amongst mostly twenty and thirty somethings. I am a young 56 and I felt perfectly comfortable joining in with some groups chatting on the terrace. the butchers around the corner provided increadile meat and poultry for cooking dinner,

Really friendly staff and a very clean, comfortable hostel. The breakfast included was OK and I had a problem with my bed that I was kind of annoyed about - the hostel isn't cheap by any means so I thought it could have been better for that. Overall a really nice place though. Late check-in, which was kind of unfortunate.

Average hostel, it was very clean but had very noisy beds, pleasant but not very helpful staff, on one occasion someone else had to let me in as they were sat outside drinking rather than watching reception. Hostel lacked atmosphere.

We had a very bad experience with our baggage. We were a group of 4 friends and imagine that suddenly one of our baggage was stolen from the baggage locker that is controlled by the hostel America del Sur! Hostel staff were the only ones having the key of the storage and you suppose that hostel staff at least should go with the residents to the locker every time they provide the key, but they didn´t. At the end the answer is predictable "hostel is not responsible of what happens to the baggage"

the staff is an absolute dream! So helpful, great ambassadors for the country and for BA. The only improvement commend I'd have is please please get a new stack of towels. They have clearly been in circulation for ages and all have stains that don't seem to wash out, it looks a bit disgusting and takes away a lot from the otherwise spotless impression.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels