America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great location, good wifi, helpful staff.

Great hostel in a cool area (San Telmo) not the most central but near the amazing sunday market and 5 min walk from a Subte station. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff! The vibe is great for those looking to avoid the intense party atmosphere/only socialising with other travellers vibe of Milhouse, but still easy to meet people with a relaxed free breakfast. Crowd definitely 21-30 as opposed to gap year. Comfy rooms with a modern chain-hotel feel to them. I'd recommend this place!

The staff there was really awesome, giving us fundamental tips how to embrace ourselfs in adventures in buenos aires, always receptive. The room that we stayed maybe have some licking issues, but they are really good, warm and has the best shower ever.

• 28th Jun 2014

Too noisy after 1 am due to structure and layout of rooms in the hostel. Staff very friendly and spoke good English! Not worth the rate charged per single room as its the same cost as a 4 star hotel downtown!!

• 27th Jun 2014

Great hostel located in the San Telmo area of Buenos Aires. The facilities were clean and proper, breakfast included, decent price, and the staff was incredibly helpful for everything. The common areas are spacious and welcoming for good conversation. I couldn't ask for any more from a hostel.

Staff are extremely helpful. Very nice hostel with great atmosphere. Not too loud but not boring. Breakfast included and 10% discount in their El Caladate hostel if you book through them. If you're in Buenos Aires make sure to go to La Bamba del Tiempo on a monday night. It's a drymming show and it's so much fun!

This hostel is well located near a lot of bars and restaurants, it is very clean, it offers dissent free breakfast and organizes a lot of activities. Girls working at the front desk are very professional and kind. Only negative thing would be very tall and narrow bunk beds. Overall this is a good place for the money you pay and I would stay here again.

Everything is great here. Modern facilities, almost like a hotel if you do not share the room. Close to sight seing places. I would stay here again. One thing to note is that the sink in the room, your fellow travellers could see you brushing your teeth lol That does not bother me though.

Where to start........from the moment we landed until we left the staff were amazing. I've been to a number of countries and I can say that this was my favourite hostel! I'll be back for sure and I am to take Mary out for dinner this time lol.........if Cynthia lets me :-p Great hostel!!!

• 16th Jun 2014

What a place! Elevators, hotel-style accommodation, wonderful helpful staff, good breakfast, nice social area downstairs for WC games and using the computer. And not a party hostel. This is a close to perfection for a hostel as it gets.

A good hostel with helpful and friendly staff. This Location is great for the San Telmo bars and awesome parrillas nearby. One thing can I suggest that simple details such as toilet door locks and shower heads should be repaired this is basic stuff. Also the internet reception is very intermittent on the ground level, the basement common room seems the only reliable area. Other than that, perfect, thank you!

The staff is incredibly kind and efficient.

very chill hostel. very nice staff.

They let us have a shower before check in. Comfy beds, good wifi but forgot to book our taxi in the morning. Stayed here before, would stay again.

Expensive but good.

The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me make and plan my daily activities. The Hostel is clean and I would stay here on my next visit to BA.

Fantastic hostel in perfect funky part of the city. Great welcome from the girls at reception on arrival - the best hostel so far in South America! Steve (UK)

Everything was pretty much as expected from the previous reviews - apart from the Internet which was non-existent in any of the bedrooms. (The basement computer room with 3 terminals had good reception) These days a good wifi connection is as important to most travelers as hot running water - Hostelworld should introduce this as a whole new rating element to encourage hostels to upgrade their service provision !

My first stop in the beginning of a long trip around South and Central America and it was great! I stupidly lost my bank card in the ATM at the airport and they very kindly let me use their phone to call my UK bank to sort everything out! The rooms and vey clean and very well equipped for a hostel. The breakfast is more than you get in almost all hostels I've ever been in. Great way to start the day! If I come back to BA I'll be staying here again!

I have been living/ backpacking in South America for 5 months and this is one of the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. It is really clean, and the staff is very helpful. The stAff tries to plan a lot of things, but this is not a party hostel.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels