America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Stayed here for 5 nights and thought the place was excellent. There are some nice restaurants and bars in the area and it is close to Independencia subway station so it is easy to get to downtown. All the staff are really friendly and helpful, the beds are comfy and the place is really clean, excellent breakfast too. The kitchen is quite small but I didn't really see this cause a problem while I was staying there.

The hostel is okay, especially if you want to stay in San Telmo, however I think it is a bit pricey.

We stayed at the Hostel for the final days of our SA trip before heading to Europe, and thank God for that, because two of us got such an allergic reaction/rush (our guess from the bed sheets), that we are still suffering from it. The location is in San Telmo, and it may sound great at first, but its in a shady part of it. We felt secure to take only taxis exactly from and to the door of the Hostel, especially after sunset. The WiFi connection was extremely bad either. Please choose a different

Everything about this hostel was brilliant. Highly recommended. My only problem was the feeling of personal security when travelling the streets of BsAs, but that's not the hostel's fault.

The most helpful hostel staff I have ever experienced. Organized events, big common area, insuite bathrooms, beds made daily, and of course the staff make America Del Sur a great choice if you are coming to BsAs

Amazing staff, very helpful. Great hostel vibes and areas to hang out and meet fellow travelers.

This place was ok however the internet didn't work in our room for the majority of the 5 days we were there and when it did work it was very slow so made it difficult to plan our ongoing travel. If you require a good internet connection in your room I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Very nice staff that recomended and helped with the tours. Good breakfast! Good rooms and very clean! =)

This is a great Hostel. The main area on the first floor is a great meeting place and downstairs the computer/TV room is also a nice common area. The hostel has a great vibe and it's very easy to meet people there. The staff is incredible. They all speak great English and are extremely helpful. I highly recommend this hostel

Not a true hostel but more a budget hotel. 5 floors of rooms, air conditioned, with ensuite bathroom and shower. Kitchen incredibly small for the capacity, not a lot of traveller atmosphere when we stayed over Christmas, better off going to a more 'character' hostel. Staff generally happy and helpful, TV room, computers and wifi all excellent.

Great Place!!

A dissappointing stay. Had some issues with the air conditioning dripping continously through out the night. My experience with staff could have been better however they did go to the effort to checkin once I checked out to talk about what happened. Found the atmosphere a little sterile

This is a great place to stay. Safe, fun, with an amazing staff that will go out of their way to help out travelers. A welcome breakfast and full kitchen are an added bonus. The only, small issue, is perhaps the key\card system which is difficult to use and might be a cause for concern in case of an emergency. (fire etc..)

good hostel with great facilities (showers, breakfast,...) but lack of atmosphere and the staff is not really interested in making you feel welcome.

Perfect place to stay in Buenos Aires!!

Quite a big hostel but nevertheless a good atmosphere and a very good place to stay in San Telmo. Good activities. Facilities were modern and clean. Kitchen maybe a little small for so many people, but a lot of good options to eat out. Breakfast was tasty and very good. Staff was nice and helpful, sometimes a little busy with all the travellers.

It is a lovely hostel with fairly modern facilities. Very friendly staff , nice common area to meet people. It was good that it was'nt an out n out party hostel :-) !! It would be good if you guys also had options like half a day or overnighters just for 1 room or dorm (which is slowly catching up in europe), as a lot of people use Buenos Aires as a hub for 4-6 hour transit from bus stations /airports etc. Definitely coming back there!

Big, busy hostel with lively atmosphere. Easy to meet people, lots of activities available. The staff were very helpful with e.g. booking bus tickets and giving advice on where to go out. There's a supermarket directly opposite, which is handy. Our private double was comfortable. Only downside was slow wifi sometimes in the bedroom. Also, instead of being in the bathroom, the sink was in the bedroom and was badly designed - there was always a lot of water around the sink.

One roommate a Old Canadian, prevented me from starting A.C, and made me sleepless whole night,,, and when complained, no action, on the other hand I was advised to adjust, one staff Natalia said it is not their problem, I was forced to move to A private room by paying 4 times more, staff should be more sensitive to problems, other wise rest all O.K, Otherwise excellent hostel

The best hostel in Argentina. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. When you have a problem with luggage or with something different they really try to help you. They answer your questions politely and in the best way.Breakfast is much better than typical one in hostels in South America.Internet(wi-fi) is working fast.I can recommend this hostel to everybody.

• 9th Dec 2013