America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The hostel is fantastic, but they have to change the wi-fi equipment for a better one, because it didn't work in the room.

• 30th Mar 2014

Very good hostel, friendly and welcoming even when we were causing chaos with our booking! Good activities provided, especially the free walking tours! Only slight problem was the wifi kept dropping out, not a major complaint!

I felt very safe in the hostel! The Location is very good and you can walk to a lot of important buildings and places! There are also a few Restaurants around and a supermarcet is on the other side of the street! The staff is very helpful and very friendly! Every Day the room is cleaned and they make your bed too! The rooms have lockers! I didn't like the shower in this small Dark room because everything gets wet but this is the only thing! Breakfast was nice! Mix of hostel and Hotel!

This hostel is very nice. It is good value for the money. Besides from that it is located a little outside the city center the hostel is very good. Good breakfast. The atmosphere could have been better.

Great place for couples. Hard to beat in Buenos Aires at that price range.

Extremely helpful staff which even remembered our names. I appreciate that a lot as you do not even find that in some of the five-star-hotels :-). The location was just perfect and the tango dance lesson as well as the city tour San Telmo & La Boca with Santiago were a lot of fun. I will be back for sure and recommend your hostel. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• 23rd Mar 2014

2nd time here and the standard is consistently high. Good breakfast, reliable wifi and helpful staff.

the hostel itself is really good ! good wifi nice rooms clean baths and toilets nice breakfast. but locations wise not good its very scaring walking there by day and by night!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Israel

Hostel was really good. We stayed at Eco Hostel and this one in BA. This one was better for everything except location.

Very nice hostel...I felt like home! The only thing had bored me was the bathroom...After take a shower, it always was wet. But the staff, location, information about the city and things to do there were very important to our trip! When I get back to BA, for sure I'll return there again!!!

• 12th Mar 2014

Great hostel to explore historic San Telmo neighbourhood in BAires with a more grown-up crowd than the other hostels in the area so I was happy with my choice. Staff are possibly the best asset to the Hostel as they are friendly and knowledgeably helpful. I was in a dorm of four and the only thing I have disliked is that the sink/basin is next to the beds, is difficult to avoid splashes on the floor and if you do wash too early/late you may need to do it next to your asleep room-mates.

The staff is really friendly and the location in the hear of San Telmo is great. The rooms were really clean and they offer a lot of additional stuff. The only negative thing was that the room was really noisy because the window didn't keep the noise from the street outside.

My friend and I were quite disappointed with our stay at America del Sur hostel. Although the hostel itself was nice and in a great area (San Telmo), we found the reception staff unfriendly and unhelpful (with the exception of one of the girls, who had just started working there). The atmosphere was not what we had expected or hoped for. Planned parties didn't go ahead and for that reason, there was no real vibrancy to the place and it was hard to meet people. We did enjoy the breakfast however!

Solid bunk beds, good social area for meeting people, friendly staff! I extended a few nights bc it was so awesome!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »