America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Had a great time at this hostel! Staff were always very helpful and friendly - they helped us book buses and even ordered take away for us! The atmosphere at the hostel was very relaxed, easy to chill in the communal areas. Good location in San Telmo, easy to walk around and get downtown, lots of places to eat and things to do in this neighbourhood. Would definitely stay here again and recommend :)

awesome hostel the staff was always energetic and excited and they always help with anything you need. beds and all the rooms are cleaned every day and it's all around a fun place to stay.

Great to know you had a great time with us! :)

Really well organised hostel and very clean with great location and helpful staff. Unfortunately if you're looking for a hostel with a party atmosphere this is by the place, not very social and didn't have a chance to get to know any of the other guests. Would stay here again though, breakfast is also great!

• 19th Aug 2015

The room was not very spacious but had an ensuite bathroom and lockers which was great. It was cleaned every day as well. The staff was great- very friendly and always willing to help! The only negative things for me were that you couldn't lock the bathroom doors in our room and since our room was facing the outside common area it was a little noisy sometimes. All in all a great hostel though and I'd recommend staying there! I'd stay there again :)

Thanks for the review!!

Really enjoyed my stay here! Would definitely recommend to anyone!

This is probably the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff are amazing, they go out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome and involved in everything going on. They are all very knowledgeable and give you some great advice on what's good to do in the city. The rooms are always cleaned once a day and the communal areas are also kept clean and tidy. Breakfast is included in the rate which is great & you can bring your own alcohol into the hostel. I even did a free tango class there!

• 17th Aug 2015

So happy to hear you had a great time with us!! Please come back again :)

Great hostel. The breakfast was good, staff very knowledgeable and helpful. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Very good shower (maybe the best in South America that we experienced).

Than you so much for the review!! Hope to see you again soon! :)

Generally, I was satisfied with the America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires. I love friendly staffs, breakfast, cleaness, several services i(I used shuttle service to EZE). However, to me, the room was little bit cold and sometimes noisy who were talking at the first floor. (I had earflugs so I didn't have problem but my friend had a problem with sleeping)

• 17th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

I arrived early from an overnight flight. Got my hopes high when they said I may be able to check in earlier, but in the end I was left waiting way past the check in time. Apparently the bed was ready much earlier but no one bothered enough to inform the tired guest. Staff seem to be excitedly cliquish among themselves. They undercharged me by a night - and when I did the nice thing to correct them and offer to pay - i barely got a word of thanks. Good facilities and housekeeping team though.

Really liked this place. Dorm and ensuite cleaned every day and the beds made for us! Hot, good water pressure shower. Big mirror in dorm. Lots of plug sockets. Big breakfast: bread/toast, cereals, coffee, tea, juice, yoghurt. Really fun and helpful staff. A great place to meet people but also just to chill out. Outdoor area must be great when the weather is good. Lots of tours available from the hostel - i liked the BA bikes tour and the walking tour of La Boca. Highly recommended!

Overall, incredible experience. The staff is incredibly friendly, amiable, and flexible. They had great advice and answered all questions. The rooms were extremely clean, each with private bathroom/shower/sink. It's also in San Telmo, which is a great neighborhood. I suppose the experience might partly depend on your roommates, but I was blessed with some great ones with whom I explored the city and from whom I learned a lot. 5 stars.

• 14th Aug 2015

Thank you so much for you review!! Hope to see you again soon! :)

America del Sur is a large hostel always busy with travellers and has a great vibe. The hostel offers a host of activities including daily free walking tours to different areas of BA. Mostly the staff are very friendly and helpful, although we did have one issue whereby the staff on one evening were very unhelpful in locating a package which had been left for us (going as far as saying it wasn't there) and eventually we had to find it ourselves behind reception. Otherwise, we had a great stay!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »