America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Chacabuco 718, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Nice place, good breakfast, staff and rooms. Price changes daily so bit confusing, all to make them more money.

Our stay in America del Sur was fantastic! The staff were AMAZING, so helpful and friendly. One staff member used her own cinema member's card to book us cheaper tickets and another member offered to drop us to the cinema on her way home! Great staff! I would highly recommend staying here!

If you're planning to stay in San Telmo, I'd recommend America del Sur. Great facilities, clean rooms with bathroom and shower en suite, free towels, etc. great value for money, plenty of friendly guests. The patio in the back is awesome, but because it's popular, it can get noisy if you keep your window open.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Its a nice place, very clean and helpfull staf. Although it didnt really feel like a hostel anymore. If you want to stay in a clean, comfortable hotel kinda environment its oke. I myself prefered the more cosy hostels in san telmo

I would stay here again for the hostel staff. They all can speak English which was helpful. Frederico was awesome and cute! He offered to help me with my crazy 35lbs back pack to my room. :) The staff can book anything for you in Buenos Aires. The room was comfortable and clean with private dorm bathroom and shower but smaller than pictures shown. They should also have signs for quiet hours after midnight! It was often noisy in patio if your room window is opened for fresh air.

• 2nd Nov 2013

It was my second time at this hostel. It is a great place to stay.

Very very good hostel! One of the best I've ever been in! The only problem are the showers: sometimes they are not warm out there isn't enough water. But, other than that, a great hostel!

Upside: looked nice, smelled nice, cool people Downside: 1 key per rm, some nice staff some rude, had to switch rms each night, no internet on top floor, dodgy area at night

Big, clean hostel. great staff. They can organise any tour/bus etc for you. Purpose built hostel.

Good hostel with everything you need. Helpful staff, good kitchen, big tv-room, outdoor patio, good breakfast. Big and nice beds. Only downside for us was that it felt too much like a hotel, barely any atmosphere between guests at the time of our visit.

Great place!!!! However sharing the room between male and females may result uncorfortable, considering that you have to dress up in the same place you have the shower while the floor is still wet. A couple of chairs in the room will be very helpful. Other than that, a great, secure and well located hosteling at walking distance from downtown.

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

There were a few problems when I was there - the hot water doesn't work all the time, I had quite a few cold showers and the dorm room door wouldn't close properly and took 3 days to be fixed. Nevertheless, I really loved this hostel, the staff are amazing, you can ask them anything and they'll know or find out for you. They even learn people's names, not easy in such a massive place. It looks busy and crazy when you first arrive but a a solo traveller, I met so many nice people here.

Nice hostel, great staff and atmosphere.

Not sure why the grest reviews. Wifi does not work on 4th and 5th floor. Bizarre key set up. Staff friendly

People seem very happy with chatting and laughing for Sunday's night until 4am.

Just Perfect!

Great facility, very helpful staff, good breakfast, nice common spaces.

• 17th Oct 2013

Large hostel, friendly very busy staff, very clean, in a good area for exploring. Sometimes felt a bit impersonal due to the size but would def stay again and recommend it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »