America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

The staff was incredible helpful when we trying to plan our tours and transportation to and from Calafate. They made it all very stress-free and easy! The home-y environment made it very easy to relax and enjoy ourselves. The lockers were big enough to fit all of our belongings, and the wifi was pretty consistent.

• 13th Mar 2015

A bit out of town but easy to find. This hostel helps you with everything about getting further into Patagonia. The staff are so friendly, the breakfast is good and there's a beautiful view from the reception area.

Really liked my stay here, even went back when passing through for another night. Bit of a walk but worth it. Staff were amazing, super friendly and really helpful. Rooms/bathrooms were clean. Marked slightly down for facilities as internet is poor, and kitchen gets really busy/full so makes it's hard to cook.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Clean simple rooms, with lockers for each person, bedding changing daily, excellent breakfast, kitchen facilities were great, awesome common area, and some of the best and most helpful staff I have had the pleasure of staying with. Every tour including prices, times, locations, is there for you when you arrive and the staff literally booked and took care of everything from instant I arrived. Ayelén y Mati son capos! Gracias por todo amigos.

America del sur is a nice hostel. The view is great and the staff is very helpfull. We had a good time here. Only thing is that sometimes the music in the common area was a bit loud.

Excellent, clean, informative hostel. The bathroom facilities within the 4 person room were new and great, almost had a hotel feel. Really informative staff to help you plan your trip.

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it! The staff is extremely helpful and the free breakfast was wonderful! Very friendly atmosphere! A bit hard to find at night and about a 10 min walk from downtown.

Great hostel with a staff that is super friendly and helpful. They helped me with an inexpensive shuttle to the airport. It is about a 15 minute walk from downtown, but the view from the lake makes it totally worth it.

The staff at the hostel are so helpful. They go over-and-above for helping for booking trips, taxis, reservations for restaurants and more. All of the trips you book through the hostel have a bus that comes straight to pick you up at the hostel. It was very convenient. We had a private room and it was very clean.

Clean hostel with fully equiiped kitchen, staff gets top marks! Nice breakfast. Overpriced hostel though. Only serious drawback is loud music that makes dialog and planning in the public areas very difficult. Hostel suitable for people under 30.

This hostel is really amazing, and the staff are one of the best that I've ever met...helpful and friendly in all ways. The hostel it self it's clean and about 10 min by walking from the city. There is a kitchen and breakfast. I didn't like the security though, even with the locker. I recommend this hostel for everyone. PS: the sunset view from the hostel is F**** amazing.

Good enough hostel, but nothing special. Kind of far from town, up a hill and a dirt road. It is a bigger hostel than I normally like to book, so I thought nothing much of the atmosphere. Beautiful views though!

Great clean hostel. Good wifi. Great breakfast. Great dorms with underfloor heating! Hot showers and reliable. Negatives: A bit of a walk up a hill but still 5 mins to Main Street. Staff were hit and miss, one staff member rude and very unhelpful. Played music ridiculously loud in main areas which made socialising/skyping etc difficult.

Nice hostel. Great communal areas. Nice staff. Bunk beds a bit wobbly and with no ladders but nothing dangerous. Clean.

Great place to stay for a few nights. Definitely not a party hostel, however, staff puts a lot of effort to build a nice atmosphere. Special thanks to the guy at the reception, great recommendations for restaurants and bars.

Rather pricey with wildly varying prices between days. Slightly further away than most hostels but the main road was not that far away.

The staff has been super nice

• 30th Jan 2015

Staff were particularly helpful. Excellent.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel have all the excursions clearly explained on boards in the reception and organise everything for you. The beds were good, the view is incredible. Only slight annoyance was the slow internet.

WARNING: As a place to stay it's fine, but don't book anything with them! I booked a bus ticket, was given a voucher and told to exchange it for the ticket at the bus station in my next destination. This was incorrect and they refused to refund me! They stopped replying to my emails and refused to let me speak to a manager. Extremely disappointed and out of pocket! Don't risk it. Gives a very bad impression of Argentina! Never happened in 10 years of travelling through 65 countries!

Hello!....unluckily you forgot to exchange your ticket at the bus terminal. Even though, we solved your problem 10 minutes later ( the ticket was for 2 days after )...but, at that time you bought another ticket and didn't wait for us to solve it. At the time we told you that it wss solved, the only thing you had to do is to go back to the bus terminal for them to give your money back for the second ticket,..but you didn´t. So, actually, you decided to loose your money. We're really sorry.