America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

Clean and nice hostel with helpfull staff. They were really a big help when our transpher to the airport backed out on us and we needed a last minute solution at midnight.

• 7th Oct 2014

Nice place to spend few days!!! 10 min away from the city center, nice staff and good music!!!!

Staff were not very helpful, kept telling us different things that would completely contradict what other staff said. Breakfast was decent.

Wonderfull hostel!!! Ana is amazing!! Must stay in Ushuaia! The only thing that could get better is breakfast!

Good hostel, but the dorms feel like you're sleeping in a bathroom. Other than that it's a great stay with good breakfasts and plenty of things organised each day.

Great place to stay in El Calafate

Best Hostel in the Argentinean Patagonia! The floor is heated, so it's ok to walk on socks or even bare footed in the hostel or the room. The Receptionists were wonderful, especially Valeria and Nadja, giving very clear information about all the tours and the city! The bathroom inside each room is something else, and the breakfast with Dulce de Leche is amazing! Must Stay in this Hostel!!

I was very happy with my stay here. The staff was very helpful with organising the ice trek tour and my follow on travel. It is not in the centre of town but a very short walk and a beautiful view of the lake. The only problem is the kitchen can be quite crowded at dinner time and there could be a lot more saucepans. Other than that I would recommend it!

The wifi wasnt working properly, intermitent on all days I were there. The staff and the atmosphere are excelent.

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful and would definitely recommend staying here if you are visiting el calafate. The heated floors are a novelty and the views from the hostel are quite nice.

Love the staff! Thank you for the wonderful experience.

• 2nd Sep 2014

The hostel was really nice, the atmosphere despite being low season was friendly the room including the bathroom was clean and the staff knew there guests by name and introduced themselves.

This was a great hostel. Cool vibe and awesome communal areas. The breakfast was delicious and extensive! The best I've had in Argentina. Only downsides were music from common areas carried into our room starting early in the morning and continuing until late at night (since our room was near the common area). I would recommend asking for a room further away from the common area. Also, pretty sure there were bedbugs...we left with 100+ bites.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Clean, comfortable, plenty of hot water, and the staff are awesome and help you with everything. If you're coming to El Calafate you must stay here.

Good hostel very helpful staff, clean rooms and small dorms

Overall was a good hostel, although the kitchen is very small and is a mess.. The fridge also wasn't cleaned while I was there, Most of the staff are very good and helpful except for German who has an attitude problem.. There's great views from the hostel and is in a good location👍

This was my favourite hostel in South America so far, I have been travelling for 2 months. Good breaky, very warm in the hostel and good wifi compared to others in South America. Staff was good, expect for one guy who had dreadlocks coming out of the back of his head. He ripped us off, don't deal with that guy. But everyone els who worked there was great, especially the one who plays the ukulele!

We really liked the hostel and would recommend it! It's located a short walk away from town, but thats no problem. The breakfast is very good and the bathrooms and dorms seem to be very new. The only thing that we didnt like so much, was the smell of food in the common area because the kitchen is very small. Maybe you should think about better ventilation.

It was great!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Loved the cheerful smiles of guys working at the reception desk. They were very helpful with first day orientation and tips, and the hostel itself was awesome. Good atmosphere. Quiet at night time. Great music list played, btw. Great view from the room, and nice facilities in the room and in common areas. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful.