America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

Good hostel in calafate. Fun but the staff wasn't as knowledgeable as they could have been (ie with bus times and local activities). They were super friendly though!!! Also the kitchen was lacking basic stuff (cups, pots, can opener). Guessing it got jacked by passed travelers. Anywho definitely worth the stay!

The best hostel I have been in! Go there and feel like home, when you are on the way! The staff is super nice and friendly, they try to teach you spanish, if you like to learn something and the whole atmosphere is really great!

I had a really great time at America del Sur! The place is lovely! Very helpful and nice staff, made the visit even better. The location is excellent, with a wonderful view over a lake. Can't get any better than this really, it's even cousy!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Awesome hostel. Really helpful staff. one of the best

Great Hostel in El Calafate, very short walk to main business district.

This is a fantastic hostel. Warm and good atmosphere etc. the only negative is, the male staff are really only concerned about the female guests... It does get a little annoying.. Great hostel though.

Awesome hostel! Great staff, nice rooms, really warm and cosy. Better breakfast than you get at most places. Really nice view and just a tiny walk from the main street. Stay here!!

Absolutely fantastic hostel, extremely good value for money. Lovely helpful and friendly staff. Very nice breakfast, wonderful atmosphere. The view from the dining area of Lago Argentino is absolutely stunning, you could sit here all day. The rooms are extremely spacious and clean and very well layer out. Underfloor heating and shoes off rule gives a nice feel. Only negative is the kitchen, the space and cleanliness doesn't reflect the rest of the hostel, really minor issue though. 100%

Superb stay (both times). Lads behind the front desk are superb, facilities are good and the panoramic view is second-to-none. Great atmosphere and a really enjoyable stay.

Great hostel. Maybe one of the best. Great size to mingle and the staff are very helpful and fun

It seemed like a good hostel. When I got there they were overbooked, but they managed to place us in a Hosteria just in front of the hostel and let us use all the facilities. The common areas are nice but the kitchen is a little bit small. Only critic: when I was going to pay for the night, they charged me more than it said in the confirmation mail. I asked why and they told me that it was because of taxes. I double checked and they were charging me more and had to correct. Not nice.

Excellent place!! 100% recomended!

The hostel got their premiums with reason to get them. Great staff, breakfast and kitchen. The common area is very cozy. The hostel is very clean. Room with four beds with large ensuite and excellent shower. Great atmosphere and view of the city.

The guys who run this, the view and the social area are really what make this hostel. All of them are fantastic. Rooms, showers and kitchen are all fine as well. Little walk from the town centre, but it's still less than 10 minutes, so really not an issue.

The best hostel we have stayed in South America! Very clean, homely and comfortable! Great staff and location! Amazing views from hostel! Definitely recommend!

Great staff. Comfy rooms. Nice breakie, wifi poor. Recommend a stay!

Very nice hostel with an amazing view, the staff is vriendly and very helpfull and a great breakfast.

• 7th May 2014

This is my second time at America Del Sur. The staff are highly efficient and incredibly friendly - especially Martin. They knew who we were when we arrived, were under no rush about us paying, and organised our mini ice trekking tour which was great. A well-run hostel.

• 2nd May 2014
  • South Africa

Very beautiful hostel a bit further from the center/main street but as a compensation it has an astonishing view of the lago argentino

The staff here were amazingly helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel to my friends.