America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

Staff is friendly and heplfull. Facilieties are clean. Breakfest good. Hostel is on the hill :), so it takes about 10-15 minutes from city center to the hostel. I liked there, would come back.

Good clean hostel. Great view of the lake but a little ways to walk to the city center, like most other hostels in El Calafate. Friendly staff who will help you know the city and set up tours and airport trips.

Beautiful location, good standard double room at good price, nice staff.

The hostel is in a nice location with a beautiful on the scenery around. However we were supposed to get a 10% discount as we stayed in the same hostel in Buenos aires but at the end the staff refused to do the discount because we made the booking on hostelworld :( Staff was except that pretty helpful as theybooked for us different bus tickets to save us time.

Great hostel, I would definitely stay there again. The staff were so friendly and helpful!

This is a lovely hostel only a 10min walk from town with the most amazing staff! Breakfast consists of more than just bread and jam which is a great change. The only downside is there is not many plugs in the room and the showers are small. Thanks again to the staff for making my stay so amazing!

Just a few minutes walk from the city centre this hostel has a great and amazing view :) Very friendly and helpful staff; nice big common areas. A nice place to stay and quite a nice breakfast for Hostel; more than just bread and jam :)

The best of this hostel was definitely the staff. They are unbelievably nice and helpful and made our stay in way better. The rooms are really good, confy beds and 2 lobbies (downstairs and upstairs) where people can gather and meet other fellow travelers. Breakfast was really nice as well. It's only a short 10 minute walk from the main street in El Calafate but its worth it so you can meet their staff and have a laugh with them. They'll go an extra mile to help you with whatever you might need.

One of the best hostel I've stayed in south america. The staff was very helpfull and kind.

Excellent hostel - great breakfast, wifi works well, theyĺl organise everything at the hostel and charge it to your room which you can then pay by CARD. Win win win!

PROS: Great hostel with really friendly staff! Only 10mins walk from centre. Tours and transport can be arranged via hostel. Nice hang out area CONS: Bedrooms a little small

Loved this hostel! Styaff were some of the friendliest and most helpful of my whole trip. I would definately stay here again and recommend!!

I had a great time in there. The staff was awesome, helped me in EVERYTHING, allways with a smile in their face. Breakfast starts early, which was good for the morning excursions. If I'll be back to Calafate, I wish they have a room for me again :)

The staff are really friendly and full of enthusiasm - very welcoming. It is a little far from the centre of town, but you should be used to walking now, right? Right?

Very welcoming hostel - felt like home right from the moment you arrive! The staff are wonderful and very helpful. The whole hostel was very clean. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel is a little out of town but as a result you get some amazing views. Hostel was very clean and breakfast was great. Would recommend.

I stayed at the Buenos Aires location and El Calafate location. Really impressed with both hostels. One improvement needed: the Calafate hostel should sweep the floors more often if it wants guests to take their shoes off.

Everything was perfect, except that the hostel is a little bit out of the center of the town. Great atmosphere, welcoming and helpful staff, nice rooms. I would definitely recommend it!

I would definitely recommend you to stay there ! One of the best hostel Ive been to in Argentina and very good breakfast as well

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Belgium

- awesome view - great staff, helpfull and in for a joke - clean and tidy place