America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel have all the excursions clearly explained on boards in the reception and organise everything for you. The beds were good, the view is incredible. Only slight annoyance was the slow internet.

WARNING: As a place to stay it's fine, but don't book anything with them! I booked a bus ticket, was given a voucher and told to exchange it for the ticket at the bus station in my next destination. This was incorrect and they refused to refund me! They stopped replying to my emails and refused to let me speak to a manager. Extremely disappointed and out of pocket! Don't risk it. Gives a very bad impression of Argentina! Never happened in 10 years of travelling through 65 countries!

Hello!....unluckily you forgot to exchange your ticket at the bus terminal. Even though, we solved your problem 10 minutes later ( the ticket was for 2 days after )...but, at that time you bought another ticket and didn't wait for us to solve it. At the time we told you that it wss solved, the only thing you had to do is to go back to the bus terminal for them to give your money back for the second ticket,..but you didn´t. So, actually, you decided to loose your money. We're really sorry.

Cool hostel within walking distance to town. Helpful staff, friendly visitors and easy to book tours through. Not the cleanest as my shower was pretty grimey. Also, during the high season, they are very busy which means the staff is stretched a little thin.. Be sure to book tours & bus tickets in advance!

Great hostel and staff. The main lounge has a great view overlooking the lake and the rooms were very clean. They were able to also book us the Moreno Glacier tour. Would stay here again and highly recommend!

Dear hostel staff, check email at least once a day, please. Thank you.

1 2 3 Next » last »