America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

Great staff and accommodation. Construction happening while we were there. So very loud all day. Hard to relax

One of the best breakfasts we've had in South America. Staff were great, atmosphere was great, kitchen was ok but they are doing reno's to expand the kitchen. The location could be better but nothing only a 15-20min walk to the city center

Great hostel with good facilities and decent breakfast. I would recommend booking bus trips at the bus station directly rather than the hostel as they tried to us significantly for a to torres del paine.

Nice and friendly staff, good breakfast, large common area. The shower and the toilet are located inside every room, but they are so tiny and the doors don't lock (or I didn't understand how it's done). The sink was right inside the room, not separated by any door so that you can watch and listen to everybody brushing their teeth which is not quite comfortable. But for 2 nights it was ok.

Hola Daria! Thanks for taking the time to leave an useful comment here. We think that having different compartments for shower/toilet/sink allow guests to maximize their time inside the room. While one person is showering, someone else can use the toilet, etc. Receive a big hug from all of us here! Safe travels!

Simply wonderful!!!

• 3rd Nov 2015

Hola Laura! Thank you! Wonderful Hostel for wonderful guests! Big hug!

This hostel is a bit from the center but not far. Despite this fact it offers beautiful views of Lago Argentino. The chill out area is already awesome with a great vibe & they were under construction to extend it ! they offer airport shuttle service, all sorts of tours and they have good music playing always. the staff were great, happy helpful. the 4 bed dorm was fine. lockers are a bit small. It is a bit on the expensive side but it's El Calafate and a nice hostel.

Hi Rebecca! thanks for taking the time to review us. We (and all of the fellow travellers) appreciate feedback so much =). Please give us a visit in the future to see the renewals! It will be awesome. Safe travels!!!!

Really great hostel, very warm and cosy with awesome rooms and communal area to relax or eat in. The staff were fantastic in various things, and went above and beyond everything I asked. I even returned un-announced and they helped me find an alternative hostel after they were fully booked. Really great welcome to calafate and introduction to Patagonia/anywhere you want to go. Breakfast was also absolutely sweet and gets you going perfectly

Hi Edward! Thanks for the review! Remember that we are here for you, whenever you come back to El Calafate, pay us a visit! Cheers

This hostel has amazing staff, who really went out of their way to make me feel welcome, and to help me get the most out of my stay in El Calafate from helping me book trips to recommending food and wine. A special shout out to Matin, Mattias, Herman, Jessica (i hope I'm spelling those right). The warm wooden decor in the common area and the community tables also make for great atmosphere. The town is just a short walk and the heated floors when you get back are particularly welcoming. G

Really nice staff. Clean coay rooms. Kitchen needs an equipment upgrade.

Thank you Kemley! We appreciate feedback!!! CHeers

Great stay at America del sur! A little on the pricey side but that seems to be the norm in El Calafate! Staff were all very friendly and so helpful when it came to organising tours etc, couldn't fault them! Breakfast was great, lots of options and yum fresh cake every day! Rooms were really clean and overall great vibe in this hostel. Currently having refurbishing works/add ons done so the view was slightly blocked but still a great view nonetheless! Definitely recommend staying here!

HI girls! thanks a lot for taking the time to review our lovely Hostel, it really helps us to grow! See you in the future to have a beer while watching the sunset at 9pm! cheers!

Warning! View is only of construction (for new kitchen/deck) - no fireplace. Atmosphere terrible, awful music played very loud and stinky incense (it was unpleasant to hang out here), I like music, but this was terrible! Second, there are two kitchens side by side, one only for staff unless v busy. Would be nicer if the staff freely shared facilities as in other hostels I have stayed, especially while construction is ongoing! Staff ok but not great attitudes. Rooms are nice, beds comfortable.

Hi Corinna! I wish you would have told us to change the music! We are always open to suggestions and to please our guests ;) We always allow guests to use the staff kitchen if the guests one is busy, I am so sorry that we didn't realize that there were so many people cooking at the same time. Next time, if you come back to Patagonia, there will be plenty of space and you will LOVE the new common area/lounge and kitchen. Cheers!

Great staff, helped me book every excursion, and were happy to chat or play around :) The no shoes thing was great too because the floor was heated and it made the atmosphere a lot more homey. Making dinner was a bit crowded but they are renevating to make it bigger, and with that being my only complaint, I think this was the coolest hostel in El Calafate!

Hola! Thanks for commenting on Hostelworld! We hope to see you back here soon, our friend! Big hug from all of us at América del Sur!

Kitchen was small (although they are expanding) but most frustrating was that it was under equipped and the larger staff kitchen was off limits. The staff was snobby & not pleasant to engage with. The rooms were nice, each with a bathroom that had the shower, sink and toilet separate. There's supposed to be a great view from the common area but it was blocked from construction (wish we had known that before booking) & the sounds of construction were heard all day and well into the evening.

Hi guys! we are sorry to hear that your experience at the Hostel wasn't the best. Please give us a second chance and come back to the Hostel in order to see the renovations we are working on (including a new kitchen for guests!). We bet that you will enjoy the final works a lot! Anyway, the workers for the construction only work until 7pm (union rule, so no noises after that time), and they are almost done! Cheers!

A very friendly hostel with fantantic, happy and very helpful staff. Views are beautiful and the atmosphere is brilliant. Offer some great tour options too.

Katie! Thanks for your comments! That is right, we are very happy people, why wouldn't we be happy with this wonderful view right ahead of us! Safe travels, chica

Place has a very cosy vibe with heated flooring and a loft lounge area where you can chill out, read whatever. The view from the hostel is second to none. The staff were so friendly and very helpful. Great music played throughout our entire stay and breakfast was great. Variety of cereals, toast, fruit, yoghurt, spreads and tea and coffee. Cramped kitchen and bathrooms in dorms but renovations were underway to correct this. Stay here !!

Hola Lucy! Thanks a lot for such a nice review! We would love to have you back here again. Greetings from all of us =)

Incredible place to stay. Staff is very friendly and helped us book all of our excursions, bus tickets, etc. Environment was very social and guests were friendly. Am staying here again after returning from El Chaten!

Wowww Adrian! Thanks so much for this =D. See you next time, our friend! Big hug

Awesome hostel. Everything you need and want in El Calafate they have it. Can book tours and bus journeys from reception. I love the no shoes policy as they have underfloor heating around the whole building. Very helpful staff. Would highly recommend.

Hola amigo! muchas gracias for reviewing us, remember that we are your home away from home in the amazing Patagonia, Randolph! Best from all of us =)

I loved my stay here. The staff were amazingly helpful helping me plan all my excursions (*do Big Ice if can, just spend the money). The rooms were very clean, and get cleaned daily, which is great to come back to after a day out and about. They have large lockers to fit all of your luggage, and the lick spaces are big enough for a standard size locker lock. The kitchen facilities were a little lacking, but they are building a new one so problem solved.

Julie!!!! How are you, chica!? Thanks for such an amazing review.. We really hope to see you again around here to enjoy some more vino and chats at the reception. Send some sunglasses to us ;). Big abrazo from all of us here =)

Located a 15-20 min walk from "downtown", but the beautiful views made up for it. Small and cramped kitchen, but they're remodeling to make it bigger. Other than that, nice communal areas. I know a hostel can't choose it's customers, but they should definitely try having stricter rules when it comes to cleaning up in the kitchen and shouting in the hallways after 11 pm. The sound really travels from the hallway in to the rooms, which made it difficult to get a good nights sleep.

Dear Rebecka! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is very useful for us to get some feedback from our guests. We will try to improve the noise situation after sleeping hours in the hallways. No matter the case, if guests don't want to wash their dishes, what can we do? we will wash them for them the morning after, hopefully you will understand =). greetings from all of us here =D

A love hostel, great staff. Common area can at very loud music so ask for a room away from that area, but apart from that a good hostel!

Hola Alison! Thanks for the notice on the music, we've brought the volume down already. Big hug from your friends in Patagonia =)