America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

Great hostel. Maybe one of the best. Great size to mingle and the staff are very helpful and fun

It seemed like a good hostel. When I got there they were overbooked, but they managed to place us in a Hosteria just in front of the hostel and let us use all the facilities. The common areas are nice but the kitchen is a little bit small. Only critic: when I was going to pay for the night, they charged me more than it said in the confirmation mail. I asked why and they told me that it was because of taxes. I double checked and they were charging me more and had to correct. Not nice.

Excellent place!! 100% recomended!

The hostel got their premiums with reason to get them. Great staff, breakfast and kitchen. The common area is very cozy. The hostel is very clean. Room with four beds with large ensuite and excellent shower. Great atmosphere and view of the city.

The guys who run this, the view and the social area are really what make this hostel. All of them are fantastic. Rooms, showers and kitchen are all fine as well. Little walk from the town centre, but it's still less than 10 minutes, so really not an issue.

The best hostel we have stayed in South America! Very clean, homely and comfortable! Great staff and location! Amazing views from hostel! Definitely recommend!

Great staff. Comfy rooms. Nice breakie, wifi poor. Recommend a stay!

Very nice hostel with an amazing view, the staff is vriendly and very helpfull and a great breakfast.

• 7th May 2014

This is my second time at America Del Sur. The staff are highly efficient and incredibly friendly - especially Martin. They knew who we were when we arrived, were under no rush about us paying, and organised our mini ice trekking tour which was great. A well-run hostel.

• 2nd May 2014
  • South Africa

Very beautiful hostel a bit further from the center/main street but as a compensation it has an astonishing view of the lago argentino

The staff here were amazingly helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel to my friends.

The hostel is a little walk from the center but it's up on a hill so you have a great view of Lake Argentina! The staffsits you down as soon as you check in and goes through all the highlights of what you can do in town and the excursions you can do from town. The common area of the hostel is great! I especially loved the loft. breakfast is great. We stayed in the seperate building for our first night which is great. The main building gets a tad loud at night but it's not bad at all.

America Del Sur was fantastic! We came in with no plans for our stay and they planned everything for us! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms and the bathrooms were the cleanest I had experienced in a hostel and the location of the building with views of the Andes and the Town was incredible too!

• 24th Apr 2014

I stayed for 3 days at mid of April in the hostel and enjoyed my time there a lot. When I arrived, one of the staffguys directly took a lot of time for explaining everything, giving tips and helping out, eg for organising tours. The hostel is clean, has an average kitchen, a good and large breakfast with cakes and a nice common area. The hostel is about 10 minutes from the citycenter on a hill with a nice view. In a nutshell, a nice place to stay that can be well recommended.

1 2 3 Next » last »