Andes Hostal Serena Centro Reviews

Calle Vicuna 431, La Serena, Chile

We (two german volunteers living and travelling in Chile) had a wonderful time in La Serena staying in this nice and lovely hostel. Every morning we got a tasty bred with cheese, a smile of the staff and many good advices what to do in La Serena. We can definitely recommend this hostel to everyone! It's quite, clean and there's always a friendly, family-like atmosphere. We also want to thank all staff for making that trip so pleasant! Greetings, Lena and Leah

• 13th Nov 2015

Was a great experience, even with the earthquake ! jajaja

The hosts were really nice. Always willing to help and make it easy. The hostel is well located, and the living room is nice! I totally recommend it.

• 11th Sep 2015

we only stayed for one night, but the owner was super nice and welcoming and our room was very clean! The thing that would have bothered us if we had stayed any longer, was the fact, that the smoking area was directly connected to the kitchen!!

The hostel itself is ok, ok location although the central fish market is next door so having the windows open anytime of the day is pretty horrible. The beds are comfortable and the room was ok. Kitchen and comunal area are really basic and freezing cold at night, so wasn't really much of a comunal area. the staff were friendly but only speak spanish and very fast spanish. I woudn't go here again, I'd go cosmo hostel instead, amazing place....sorry!

Truly an excellent experience, the owners went above and beyond for us and it was an excellent hostel with nice and clean facilities and a great atmosphere.

Friendly and helpful staff always. I stayed three weeks and felt like a family member despite my lack of Spanish. I would suggest that another hand basin and mirror be added altho I couldn't see a place for it.

It might be the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Comfy beds and located just on the edge of the centre near supermarkets etc. Owner was friendly and helpful. Difficult to judge the atmosphere as we were there when the Copa America was on so it was full of football fans, but there's a good common area so should be alright for other backpackers normally.