Andes Hostal Serena Centro Reviews

Calle Vicuna 431, La Serena, Chile

Was a great experience, even with the earthquake ! jajaja

The hosts were really nice. Always willing to help and make it easy. The hostel is well located, and the living room is nice! I totally recommend it.

• 11th Sep 2015

we only stayed for one night, but the owner was super nice and welcoming and our room was very clean! The thing that would have bothered us if we had stayed any longer, was the fact, that the smoking area was directly connected to the kitchen!!

The hostel itself is ok, ok location although the central fish market is next door so having the windows open anytime of the day is pretty horrible. The beds are comfortable and the room was ok. Kitchen and comunal area are really basic and freezing cold at night, so wasn't really much of a comunal area. the staff were friendly but only speak spanish and very fast spanish. I woudn't go here again, I'd go cosmo hostel instead, amazing place....sorry!

Truly an excellent experience, the owners went above and beyond for us and it was an excellent hostel with nice and clean facilities and a great atmosphere.

Friendly and helpful staff always. I stayed three weeks and felt like a family member despite my lack of Spanish. I would suggest that another hand basin and mirror be added altho I couldn't see a place for it.

It might be the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Comfy beds and located just on the edge of the centre near supermarkets etc. Owner was friendly and helpful. Difficult to judge the atmosphere as we were there when the Copa America was on so it was full of football fans, but there's a good common area so should be alright for other backpackers normally.

We spent only one night in this hostel because the staff and the atmosphere was horrible. I wouldn't come back!!!

• 2nd May 2015

It feels like staying in a family home and they DO NOT want you there. Hostel world shaw breakfast was included but this is not the case. The older couple who runs it spends time in the space but do not interact and even ignore though I was speaking Spanish to them. This is a hosteling international spot and again I find those totally in welcoming with a poor environment. Not recommended

Although it is one of the cheapest places, it would definitely be worth it to stay somewhere more hospitable. Everything is clean but there are only 2 showers and 2 toilets so when full that is a problem. Breakfast is not included. You have to pay if you want to keep your bag there if you have a late bus. Staff isn't very friendly not helpful. They just throw you a map. Location and cleanliness are their strong points. But if you're looking to socialize go somewhere else.

• 24th Apr 2015

Thanks for your comment, It makes me sorry and also suprised to know that you feel dissapointed with our service. I sincerely feel that we enjoy to help our guest in every way we can and certainly not just by throwing maps... We are the cheapest option, and we put hard work in being the cleanest, safest and the most friendly. Like in every hostal the wibe and mood depends on me,you and the diverse and great people from all around the world, meeting, socializing and trying to have a good time.

cozy hostel, cute little kitchenette out the back, located close to all the essentials (bus station, supermarkets etc) staff able to organise tours. beds very comfortable with lots of blankets. WIFI god ( 2 passwords, 1 for upstairs, 1 for downstairs) 2 showers bit of issue if hostel is full. breakfast is basic bread jam and coffee. lovely stay in a lovely town

Thanks! Good to know you had a pleasant stay. Kind regards Andes hostal