Angelie Hotel Reviews

Pengfeng Village, Jiuzhaigou, China

They weren't overly friendly or gave any suggestions, but could answer my questions on where to go or what to do. It's nice and conveniently close to the park. The hostel has electric blankets, down comforters, and big furry blankets, but hard beds (but that's pretty normal I think). If you need to go to the airport after your trip, keep in mind the taxi is 200 rmb and the shuttle bus times are not known (so ask when you get off the first time when arriving to Jiuzhaigou).

reasonable hostel, location is very gud and all is fine.

The room itself was freezing cold in late April. There was an electric blanket but who can stay in bed all the time? I would have PAID for a small portable electric heater. The shower was hot but water sprayed from all along the hose and none out of the broken shower head. There was no door on the small bathroom so shower water flooded the carpet in the hall (and had often done so, judging from the stained carpet). Chewed fruit pits on floor beside bed so not cleaned. Nice people though.

• 24th Apr 2015

The location is excellent, a 15 minute walk to the park gate. We stayed in a double private room, 4th floor (no elevator). The room was OK, the carpets were dirty, bed was hard, but the bedding was warm. The bathroom was clean, but the shower head didn't have much pressure. They did have soap/shampoo, towels included and a hair dryer. We booked a bus with them to Chengdu (advertised on their desk). There was a lot of confusion about the time. The hotel was okay for a short visit.

It is a nice place to spend the night and store your luggage. Easy to find and close to everything although located at about 1 km from the park entrance and not 400m as advertised. No heater but cosy electric blanket.

The staff speaks english and they are willing to help. Nice hostel.

Good if all you search is a place to sleep next to the park entry.

The hostel has a really good location. Around 5/10 min by walking from the entrance of the Jiuzhagou valley and 20 min from the bus station. We were in the dormitories at the top of the hostel. The view and atmosphere were really pleasant. It was very nice for two nights.

I stayed two nights and thought it was a fine place. The location is ideal- close to the park entrance and lots of restaurants etc. The staff was very helpful and tried to help me find other guests to share a car with to the airport, told my friend about a deal on a flight etc. The facilities are basic, but not bad. There are ample showers and bathrooms. The only catch is that the hostel is located on a rooftop of a hotel. I didn't mind since the roof has great views of the stars!

Amazing location in walking distance of the incredible Jiuzhaigou National Park. It was freezing when we visited so really appreciated the electric blanket!

I would likely recommend this hotel. The Location is good, ten minutes walk to the park entrance and 25-30 minutes to the bus station. Restaurants and shops are close-by. The staff was very nice and helpful. The dorms are easy but clean and enough for a few nights. It is very cold in winter, but there are electronic blankets. Everybody has to decide by himself if its worth to bother about the outside bathrooms. I didn`t mind. There was warm (hot!!!!) water all the time and everything wsa clean.

English speaking staff were very nice. Bit of a pain to have to go outside to get to the toilet (in the dorms) but they were very clean. Fine for somewhere cheap!

I stayed here with my boyfriend over Chinese New Year. The staff were lovely and very helpful - spoke very good English and could help us with all of our questions. During New Year's Eve the hostel owner invited us to a bonfire party across the road which was a wonderful experience during our time in China. Would recommend to everyone who wants to visit Jiuzhaigou and stay somewhere nice and comfortable.

• 18th Feb 2015

Unfriendly and unhelpful staff. They don't take time to explain things to you. If you ask again, they yell at you. I wish they have more kind of sense of customer service and I wish I speak more fluent mandarin as the staff don't speak English. Locationwise is good. There are many, as in many hotels around the area that you can just walk and check into. So if you don't have bookings, you can get there and check nearby hotels/hostels.. They are just right across each other and close to the N-Park

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Nice place, recommended. Since we visited during a very cold winter and the place was empty, we got upgraded from dorm to the private hotel rooms for free. Rooms are clean and staff are very useful (but I suspect it applies only as long as you speak Chinese). Close to the scenic area entrance. And the eatery next door, one of the few open in the town during winter, is good and cheap (not by Chinese general standards but definitely by touristy place standards).

It was the cheapest hostel could find on hostelworld during the winter period. it was OK, no air conditioner for the cheapest room, so it might be cold. overall I guess it was OK for a couple days if you are on budget trip.

Initially we had doubts whether the hostel is a good choice because the reviews were not that good. We booked 3 beds in the dorm. However due to the coldness on the top floor (where the dorm is) they upgraded us free of charge to a 3 bed room which was really great. Ps: if you plan to take a shower prepare some time to get hot water. It takes about 20-30 minutes in the morning:-P

Directions from the bus stop were good. More of a hotel than a hostel, stayed in a double bed room after reading other reviews of dorms. Bathroom was clean. Heat and hot water worked and were good to have. Had trouble with the bus ticket times in the morning, boarded almost an hour after they told us to be there - not sure if it was out of their control. Despite putting a do not disturb sign on the handle, staff came into the room during the day and moved some items. Good food around the hotel.