Angelie Hotel Reviews

Pengfeng Village, Jiuzhaigou, China

We had a pleasant stay of 4 nights. Place is clean and accessable to JZG national park, restaurant, supermarket. Hotwater 24 hour and free wifi access.

The lock on the door was broken so anyone could have walked in. There was no soap or toilet paper in the toilets; you had to know to prepare your own. The dorms are on the roof with no cover between the stairway, rooms, showers/ bathrooms so if it's cold or raining, too bad. As well, there are laundry lines everywhere so if your are 5"5 or taller, watch your head. The washrooms always had bugs because they're left open, & one time when I went to use it there was a puddle of urine on the ground.

The hostel/hotel was located very close to the entrance of Jiuzhaigou park, with lots of restaurants and shops around. The beds are clean and have nice, heavy covers to keep you warm. The rooms and bathrooms are clean for the price paid.

this place is old and smelly.staff hardly speak english but they try to be helpful.the location is great-right next to the park entrance.the rooms are old and bathrooms not clean. however- they do clean every day. its an OK place to spend the night but dont expect more than a simple damped room with horrible mattresses to sleep on. i guess the bad impression was mostly because the town is horrible.full of chinese tourists of the sorse kind.the park is amazing and worth it.

Good price for the location. Not a hostel, just a hotel with some dorm rooms on the roof, but that's all you here. I'd recommend it for the price.

Great location 5 min from the park

Hostel is close to the entrance of Jiuzhai valley. They sells bus ticket to Chengdu with no extra charge and the bus driver will pick you up at the hotel. I stay at dorm, the bed is thin and hard, but the blanket is warm. The bathrooms are large. The girls at reception are friendly and helpful . But the guy is sort of harsh , he gumbled when I asked him to help me to keep the tab and sounded me that I should keep valuable by myself. But my backpack is packed with DSLR, food and drink for hiking.

Stayed in a dorm room. There were no electric blankets (as advertised) but the bedding was warm enough. My locker was broken and the shared bathrooms on the roof were poor quality with bad showers and broken toilets. No vibe or facilities and is more like a bad budget hotel than a hostel. Staff also lied about the availability of airport shuttle buses to force me to take a taxi so they make commission. Would not recommend.

Very basic dorm rooms, but the price is also low so I think it was alright and nice. The showers and toilet are outside, but clean and free shampoo and soap. The lockers in the room had no keys, so security was low.

Hotel bathrooms were reasonably clean and the linens were clean, but the carpet was dirty. The bed was like sleeping on a table. The heat did not work. If you need to exchange US money, their rate is not the same as the bank's rate and you will lose approx $8.00 for every $100.00 exchanged. Also, count your money carefully, as I caught a 1,000 RMB "mistake"

Like others have commented this is more like a hotel. Staff spoke good english and were helpful in booking buses. The best thing about this place is the closeness to the entry to jiuzhaigou national park (about 15 mins walks). Grocery store and restaurants next to the hotel is also convenient.

Staff were friendly, rooms were clean except for the old carpet. Time to invest in updates. Would stay again.

• 16th Sep 2014

Shared rooms are on the roof, not in the building. Feels like staying outdoors. Very cold. Staff was nice to provide e-blanket. But the facility of the hotel is poor, broken lamps and NONE OF THE TOILETS AND SHOWER ROOMS CAN BE LOCKED. Considering the good location, it’s quite value for money and tolerable

This place is average. And if it cost 20 RMB a night I would have given it a better rating. But it was 50 a night. I stayed in a dorm and the beds were rock hard (something I never complain about) but for the price this was ridiculous. The dorms are literally on the roof of the hotel which is actually really cool. This seems to be the cheapest "hostel" in jiuzhaigou, but I'm sure walking around to the thousands of hotels in the area, you could find a much nicer room, for less price.

The rooms looked good but the dorms were very bad. We were on the roof with outdoor toilets the room smelled of plaster and the lockers did not lock properly. It did not feel myself safe.it is the worst dorm that i have taken in china so far and i did not feel myself safe. staff was very nice and it should be ok if you take a room.

The hostel is situated very close to the park entrance, have quite big rooms for hostel standard. Showers have hot water, shampoo, towels. The only problem I found - the water on the shower floor was going down the pipe a bit slow. I want to say special word about the service the staff has provide- everything was super efficient, every question was answered immidiatly, every request for a bus, tickets etc. was salved on the spot! Great service! Really impressed.

well, it was not bad. but i think hotels in jiuzhaigou are generally not that atmospheric. but the female staff in angelie hotel was so kind to us and helped us to book one day trip to huanglong. and within five minutes on foot, you can get to jiuzhaigou national park main gate. the scenery you can experience in jiuzhaigou will make you not place emphasis on accommodations because what you can see there is wonderful.

Very good location. We didn't get any confirmation mail with directions, so we had to help ourselves somehow to find it. Facilities and rooms a little run down. They helped us get tickets for the bus back to Chengdu.

anything is good about this hostel only toilet's door is broken.It can't lock when woman use toilet it's feel not comfortable and safety

Location was great, but we arrived at night and taxi driver did not understand english (as well as all taxi drivers in Jiuzhaigou) and the contact phone number did not work. In evening there was nice english speaking young lady, but during the day there was a man who did not undestand and did not even try and sent us the wrong way for bus tickets so we lost one hour of the day we could have spent in the national park

« first « Prev 1 2 3