Angelie Hotel Reviews

Pengfeng Village, Jiuzhaigou, China

The location is perfect for anyone who wants to visit the parc. The staff is quite helpful and there is one girl speaking english that can book tours or transports for you. The facilities are quite poor, no heating and dorms are on the roof where it is really cold in winter, but it is clean and you have electric blanket.

The one positive of this hostel (10 min walk to park entrance) is quickly over shadowed by all the negatives. The rooms are essentially sheds popped on top of a hotel. The dorms have no heating and no carpet, just concrete floor. Bathrooms and showers are outside in smaller 'sheds'. The roof is a bit like a building site with obstacles to reach facilities. We did not see toilets or showers cleaned during our 3 day stay. There is no social area so no atmosphere. Not worth the money, disappointed

there were two shared toilets between 6 dorms of 6 which led to a lot of waiting. the toilets on the first floor were filthy

Really good location if you're here for the park. In all a really good stay. Booked the dorm, the room was nice and clean, although the dorms are located on the roof which makes it SO cold during night (go for a shower during the day so you won't freeze your ass off during night - hot showers 24/7 though!) but they provide warm covers and also electric blanket underneath the bed so we actually had do turn it off in the middle of the night because of the warmth 😊

The electricity cut off during the nights that we stayed in. It was inconvenient without the lights on. Staff told us they had a backup electricity for the hotel but it took about an hour later to access. Anyways, they did provide heater(bed) which was perfect for such a cold weather!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

We had a pleasant stay of 4 nights. Place is clean and accessable to JZG national park, restaurant, supermarket. Hotwater 24 hour and free wifi access.

The lock on the door was broken so anyone could have walked in. There was no soap or toilet paper in the toilets; you had to know to prepare your own. The dorms are on the roof with no cover between the stairway, rooms, showers/ bathrooms so if it's cold or raining, too bad. As well, there are laundry lines everywhere so if your are 5"5 or taller, watch your head. The washrooms always had bugs because they're left open, & one time when I went to use it there was a puddle of urine on the ground.

The hostel/hotel was located very close to the entrance of Jiuzhaigou park, with lots of restaurants and shops around. The beds are clean and have nice, heavy covers to keep you warm. The rooms and bathrooms are clean for the price paid.

this place is old and smelly.staff hardly speak english but they try to be helpful.the location is great-right next to the park entrance.the rooms are old and bathrooms not clean. however- they do clean every day. its an OK place to spend the night but dont expect more than a simple damped room with horrible mattresses to sleep on. i guess the bad impression was mostly because the town is horrible.full of chinese tourists of the sorse kind.the park is amazing and worth it.

Good price for the location. Not a hostel, just a hotel with some dorm rooms on the roof, but that's all you here. I'd recommend it for the price.

Great location 5 min from the park

Hostel is close to the entrance of Jiuzhai valley. They sells bus ticket to Chengdu with no extra charge and the bus driver will pick you up at the hotel. I stay at dorm, the bed is thin and hard, but the blanket is warm. The bathrooms are large. The girls at reception are friendly and helpful . But the guy is sort of harsh , he gumbled when I asked him to help me to keep the tab and sounded me that I should keep valuable by myself. But my backpack is packed with DSLR, food and drink for hiking.

Stayed in a dorm room. There were no electric blankets (as advertised) but the bedding was warm enough. My locker was broken and the shared bathrooms on the roof were poor quality with bad showers and broken toilets. No vibe or facilities and is more like a bad budget hotel than a hostel. Staff also lied about the availability of airport shuttle buses to force me to take a taxi so they make commission. Would not recommend.

We expected worse from some of the other reviews on here. We stayed in the dorms on the rooftop which were pretty standard affairs. Bathrooms were clean with western toilets and hot water and staff were nice and helpf. However, the key for our locker didnt work and when we asked for a different one (as we are 2 there would presumably be another free) they said they had no more because people had run off with them. we then had 7 people in our 6 bed dorm for 1 night, so security was a little slack

Very basic dorm rooms, but the price is also low so I think it was alright and nice. The showers and toilet are outside, but clean and free shampoo and soap. The lockers in the room had no keys, so security was low.

Hotel bathrooms were reasonably clean and the linens were clean, but the carpet was dirty. The bed was like sleeping on a table. The heat did not work. If you need to exchange US money, their rate is not the same as the bank's rate and you will lose approx $8.00 for every $100.00 exchanged. Also, count your money carefully, as I caught a 1,000 RMB "mistake"

Like others have commented this is more like a hotel. Staff spoke good english and were helpful in booking buses. The best thing about this place is the closeness to the entry to jiuzhaigou national park (about 15 mins walks). Grocery store and restaurants next to the hotel is also convenient.

Staff were friendly, rooms were clean except for the old carpet. Time to invest in updates. Would stay again.

• 16th Sep 2014

Shared rooms are on the roof, not in the building. Feels like staying outdoors. Very cold. Staff was nice to provide e-blanket. But the facility of the hotel is poor, broken lamps and NONE OF THE TOILETS AND SHOWER ROOMS CAN BE LOCKED. Considering the good location, it’s quite value for money and tolerable

This place is average. And if it cost 20 RMB a night I would have given it a better rating. But it was 50 a night. I stayed in a dorm and the beds were rock hard (something I never complain about) but for the price this was ridiculous. The dorms are literally on the roof of the hotel which is actually really cool. This seems to be the cheapest "hostel" in jiuzhaigou, but I'm sure walking around to the thousands of hotels in the area, you could find a much nicer room, for less price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3