Annapurna Guest House Reviews

Bhagwanbahal, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Hostel room included a 'free upgrade' as they didn't have our economy rooms left. However room was very very damp - up the walls, carpet, bedsheets! I think the bathroom floor was leaking into the room. You could smell the damp in the air. I wouldn't stay here again! I'm surprised by its high rating on the website. Perhaps we just got a bad room? That said price of room was cheap. I think there are better options in KTM at the moment.

I felt safe as a woman traveling alone and staying at the Annapurna Guesthouse. They picked me up at the airport which was great. Getting off a plane after no sleep for 24 hours and then to find a person holding up my name was very reassuring. When I walked into reception I was greeted with smiles and namastes. The location is good. Dogs barking at night are a problem everywhere I stayed. Annapurna no worse than anywhere else. The bedding looked ok but did smell a bit. But at the price I was hap

• 9th Oct 2014