Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

A great value for money hostel in Venice, room with ventilator, the staff was very helpful and kind. the downside is that there is no kitchen or common room.

Very good hostel. Conveniently located at Santa Margherita square, way cheaper than most accommodations you could get in Venice, next to a million places to eat for a reasonable price, and walking distance from Sta Lucía station. Beds are comfortable. Internet is not the best on the second floor (but it works on the street below, on the bright side haha!). No lockers, and no common room, but place feels super safe. The staff is friendly and helpful, specially Elias and Marco. TOTALLY RECOMMENDED

The location here can't be beat for the price. Staing on the island at this rate was great. The owner is very nice as well and fun to chat with. At the end of the day it's a place to sleep, so as long as that's all you are looking for, it fits the bill very well.

Host was funny, helpful, had good advice.

• 21st Jun 2015

Was a little far from the station and the directions to get there were confusing (best to use an offline map like HERE maps). The hostel itself was good. There were 3 beds in a room and a ceiling fan which you would definitely need as it gets really hot. There was a bathroom in the room so that was good. Aside from that and the free wifi theres nothing else in the hostel really. For venice though this was cheap and would definitely recommend it.

This place was really great. It's a little expensive for what we were looking for, but it's in Venice and it has a great location. It was really easy to walk to any place we wanted to go. The owner was so nice. He bumped us up to a private room with a private bathroom for the same price as the 4-bed we had booked. He also suggested placed for us to go at our next stop in Florence. He also let us keep our baggage prior to check in and after check out. I would recommend and stay again.

This hostel wins for its location...right on a square in the heart of Venice. Facilities are nothing to write home about, but as for the location...can't beat it!

The host was very nice and friendly. The hostel itself is in a good location. Close to San Marco. But there was no kitchen. They provided blankets but not the cover.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Kazakhstan

Staff, location and price really made this place. Honestly for the price you could do no better. The rooms were really cramped with no lockers and limited plugs. There was no real extras to this place but for the price it made sense.

We loved that Antico Capon was located near a university because the area didn't feel as crowded with other tourists. It also meant that the restaurants nearby were very affordable. It was pretty close to the train station too. The owner was very nice. The rooms were clean and had their own bathrooms, so it was nice and private. There isn't a common space/area though, so it's not the best place if you are looking to meet other travelers.

In venice for this price... way to go

The place was really nice and the staff was very friendly.

Good location. Reasonable price for Venice, where prices tend to be expensive to stay on the island. Would recommend.

• 20th May 2015

Very comfortable hostel. The rooms are clean and charming. No common area or kitchen, but great location on an active city square with restaurants and bars. Unfortunately, the square mostly caters to tourists and can be expensive with not great quality in return, but the atmosphere is still nice especially because fruit vendors set up in the square in the morning. The staff at the hostel is helpful and accommodating.

after we arrived, they arranged us to stay in another hostel which was not near and the staff's attitude was really arrogant. we booked a room with private bathroom at this price but we got a shared one which was not convenient.I dont think it is fair for us to pay the same price getting a worse one. angry!

Such a great welcome

The location is great, it's in the student area so not touristy and bars in the square stay open late. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• 6th May 2015

Good location near centre in quiet place. Staff excelent.

I can not review about this hostel. Because a owner of the hostel introduced another hostel to me. I guess he didn't have a room for me despite booking by this site. The hostel I have to stay at is near the Rialt Bridge, so good location. But no lockers, so I was always worried about my baggage.

• 1st May 2015
  • Jamaica

As everyone else has said, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms and there is not much of a common area, and no kitchen. However the staff is really nice and helpful. I checked in late at night and my friend had already arrived so the guy working the desk asked her to "check me in" as in show me our room. Even though he was still there when I arrived, he took us out for coffee the next morning because he said my friend had done him a favor by "checking me in" herself! Really sweet.