Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

The rooms in this hostel are very hot. Not sure I was too happy, no common room or kitchen and fairly expensive.

Staff was really helpful and kind. The hostel is well located, in a great square full of bars/restaurants and a market just across the corner. They cleaned the bathroom every morning and the bed was quite comfortable. I strongly recommend for couples or small groups, even families.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hotel is very tiny but the rooms were alright. Good location but got really loud at night since it's located very close to the university so loads of young people partying in square where the hotel is located. Would not stay there again. Oh and no wifi in rooms.

IN THE CENTRE OF THINGS IN CAMPO SAN MARGARITA AGAIN - ONE COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE.

Antico Capon is the hostel in a great location - it is situated in one of the most interesting square in Venice, the most "party" one. It is the square of the Venetian students, the point of friendly aperitivo meetings where you will feel the youth energy of Venice. Hostel itself is great, I personally comes back every year - the value for money is excellent, and the atmosphere inside the hostel is very nice, the stuff is gentle.

Everything was great at Antico Capon! It's only a short walk from the train station, and short walk to st. Marks square. It's affordable and clean. I had a great time!

• 28th Jun 2014

The hostel was great! Staff were very helpful and nice, the room was really cute and very clean. I definitely recommend it and it was a great value for the money! Also it was in a good location and we walked everywhere even if it was a little far it never bothered us because Venice is so beautiful!

• 25th Jun 2014

friendly owner, location was great for relaxing bars and restaurants, but not next to any touristy things, ended up with our own bedroom/bathroom/TV . Only problem was we stored our luggage for the day and returned to find it sat in the lobby with no questions when we took it - we were surprised it wasn't stolen.

Amazing location, great staff - perfect place

Good place. There's only limited wifi at night in the rooms outside the main hostel.

• 16th Jun 2014

It's easy to find from train station and the square, Campo Santa Margherita, is always full of people unlike other places in Venice. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The most important thing, we had a private bathroom in the room and it was clean. It would worth the money you pay.

This was a average hostel, the only thing I really liked was the location, Campo Santa Margarita was very cute and lively at night. Staff simply hand you a key and point you to your room. No breakfast, no common area. I would research other places before I picked this place again.

I was super lucky to get a room in Antico Capon at the last minute. The location is awesome and the place is in good shape. It is small, so there isn't a 24-hour desk; and as many others note there aren't lockers. I wasn't worried about my stuff, but if you are a worrier then this isn't the right spot for you. George was the only staff person I really interacted with, and he was super welcoming and helpful in spite of the fact that he was studying for an exam the next day.

Clean, cheap, and centrally located (~30 minute walk to Campo San Marco), what more do you need from a hostel? Plenty of cafes and restaurants on Campo Sta Margherita, a supermarket (Billa) close by (on the Zattere) and immensely friendly staff who will go out of their way to accommodate you. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 8th Jun 2014

It does the job, but probably the worst hostel I've been to. Water dripping and mould in the bathroom, very hot and no fan in the room, bugs found on the sheets. The rooms were across the piazza in a different building, while wifi only in the reception. The room was missing a door handle. Not particularly clean either. No common room or kitchen.

This is Venice, so the standard is lower I guess. But to compare to other hostels I stayed in Europe, the facility is too bad, no kitchen, lounge room, bedroom is hardly enough to take people in, let alone luggages, my bunk bed has no ladder because it takes too much space. The reception is very unhelpful, there's no information or map given at hostel, and when ask about food recommendation, there's practically none - "around the corner" isn't good, is it?

There was nothing special about this hostel. The day staff man is uptight w an attitude that comes off rude; this makes the atmosphere in the hostel very flat and not fun. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms so everyone sits or stands in the hallway for reception. No lockers in room and when asked hostel to hold our bags after checkout he said to just leave them out by the stairs; didn't feel secure at all.

We booked this place with some slight anxiety that it would be a huge regret (based on some of the negative reviews here). We were pleasantly surprised by our experience! It's a great option if you are looking for cheap accommodation in Venice. The guy we dealt with was pretty down to earth, he was cracking jokes with us and everything (brace yourself for some very dry humor). Our room was also upgraded upon arrival. Sure, it's not very glamorous but its clean and cheap and in a great location.

The other building that we were sent to was dark and dirty. Room very warm, no fan provided even at request. Ceiling full of cobwebs. Building not maintained. Paint peeling off

• 30th May 2014
  • Malaysia

The owner was really nice and friendly. It was a great price considering it was actually on the island. Everywhere else of that same price was across the water on the mainland.

• 25th May 2014