Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

The host was very nice and friendly. The hostel itself is in a good location. Close to San Marco. But there was no kitchen. They provided blankets but not the cover.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Kazakhstan

Staff, location and price really made this place. Honestly for the price you could do no better. The rooms were really cramped with no lockers and limited plugs. There was no real extras to this place but for the price it made sense.

We loved that Antico Capon was located near a university because the area didn't feel as crowded with other tourists. It also meant that the restaurants nearby were very affordable. It was pretty close to the train station too. The owner was very nice. The rooms were clean and had their own bathrooms, so it was nice and private. There isn't a common space/area though, so it's not the best place if you are looking to meet other travelers.

In venice for this price... way to go

The place was really nice and the staff was very friendly.

Good location. Reasonable price for Venice, where prices tend to be expensive to stay on the island. Would recommend.

• 20th May 2015

Very comfortable hostel. The rooms are clean and charming. No common area or kitchen, but great location on an active city square with restaurants and bars. Unfortunately, the square mostly caters to tourists and can be expensive with not great quality in return, but the atmosphere is still nice especially because fruit vendors set up in the square in the morning. The staff at the hostel is helpful and accommodating.

after we arrived, they arranged us to stay in another hostel which was not near and the staff's attitude was really arrogant. we booked a room with private bathroom at this price but we got a shared one which was not convenient.I dont think it is fair for us to pay the same price getting a worse one. angry!

Such a great welcome

The location is great, it's in the student area so not touristy and bars in the square stay open late. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• 6th May 2015

Good location near centre in quiet place. Staff excelent.

I can not review about this hostel. Because a owner of the hostel introduced another hostel to me. I guess he didn't have a room for me despite booking by this site. The hostel I have to stay at is near the Rialt Bridge, so good location. But no lockers, so I was always worried about my baggage.

• 1st May 2015
  • Jamaica

As everyone else has said, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms and there is not much of a common area, and no kitchen. However the staff is really nice and helpful. I checked in late at night and my friend had already arrived so the guy working the desk asked her to "check me in" as in show me our room. Even though he was still there when I arrived, he took us out for coffee the next morning because he said my friend had done him a favor by "checking me in" herself! Really sweet.

A great place to stay in a great area of Venice at a great price.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

This was a cute little place to stay for a few nights. It's right in the centre of a square full of good restaurants and shops, which was nice for when we first checked in and needed lunch. The man at reception was very friendly and loved to make jokes. I would stay here again.

We had a 4 bed room with an ensuite bathroom. The room was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. The location is easy to reach, and right in the center of Venice. Definitely would recommend!

I would have felt better with lockers.

• 14th Apr 2015

Missed our train because the front-desk didn't open until 10am

Very basic. Staff very friendly. No common area or kitchen. Location is perfect with the Piazza outside close of Caffes and shops. Directions very helpful.

My stay was really nice. The rooms were clean and nicely kept. The only thing I would change would be adding lockers to the rooms because there was no where to lock up belongings when you left for the day.