Antwerp Central Youth Hostel Reviews

Bogaardeplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium

Brand new hostel, very nice, great location, large rooms. Very good breakfast included in the price. The only drawback of this hostel is the fact that there is no kitchen for self-catering.

Superb hostel ever!

The hostel is large and looks new. Beds are quite comfortable and rooms don't feel too squashed. The hallways feel like walking through a prison, a lot of concert and feels a bit errie. The staff were very helpful but there is only wifi in the lobby area where there is not much comfortable places to site. Connection to the wifi did not allow auto login which made it annoying to keep entering in passwords which change every 24 hours

Good location. Staff is good. We have to make our own beds. Its clean. The bar is cool

Because everything is concrete, noise carries like crazy! So it is impossible to be quite when coming into your room. And it was a little hard to meet anyone. But otherwise it was a super nice hostel. Great location! Staff was awesome.

Breakfast was GREAT and you could even have it in a little terrace. The room was good too, new and clean. On the minus side: They offer luggage storage (check in is at 3pm), but even when they have free space, they let different groups store their luggage together, so you MUST trust others and should probably not leave anything valuable. Also, walls and door seem to be made of paper, so you hear everything. Bring earplugs with you! Knowing this, I recommend it and I would go back!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Good location, close to metro/tram stops. We stayed in a 4-bed private room so we didn't have to worry about lockers, plus we all got our own keycards. This hostel lacks any particular atmosphere (which seems to be quite common at HI-Hostels), but has good facilities. Also they offer great free breakfast that is totally worth getting up for! The WiFi only works around the reception area and common areas, which is a little inconvenient at times but that's their way of bringing people together.

The rooms were very big and the bathrooms were cleaned every day. The beds were also comfortable. The breakfast was great. The only downfall was there was only wifi in the foyer down stairs, not in the rooms, and if your phone auto locked then the wifi would disconnect and you would have to reenter the password.

Big, clean, simple, modern hostel with helpful and friendly staff.

• 18th Jul 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at this hostel! The staff was very helpfull and the hostel has a good location.

Amazing stay!

Maybe we just went during the quiet season, but there was no atmosphere to speak of! It was very dead, which was disappointing, but the hostel itself was lovely.

• 25th Jun 2014

Nice hostel.

Clean, safe, functional, quiet, centrally located. Everything you need, but not very interesting. Seemed like it could accommodate very large groups. The security locker in my 6 person room was too small to fit my backpack, but this wasn't a problem, the room was quiet and secure. Breakfast was plentiful, and we easily packed sandwiches to take along for lunch, but know that the food is whisked away promptly at ten, or whenever breakfast is over.

Aside from the whole place resembling something that looked like an insane asylum, the accomodations were fine. The private double room was clean, and had a good bathroom inside. The beds were tiny but I didn't expect much in that respect. Although they call it a 'youth hostel' we saw more older people staying there than anything. The common areas were dead, and not much socializing was happening around there and the bar.

We had a blocked sink but despite reporting this on the first morning it didn't get fixed during our 2 night stay - and when paying 64 euros a night for a VERY basic room I would have expected a better response.

• 19th Jun 2014

Modern spartan decor - super clean. Helpful staff. Bar with proper Belgian beer. Good breakfast - chocolate granola, meat, cheese and 3 kinds of pate. Secure storage for bikes.

A nice HI hostel. The showers could be better and the thin blanket is not enough - I was cold during the 2 nights I spent there. Nice breakfast and good Internet in the common areas.

A five-star!!! Really, if there was such thing as five star hostels, that would be Antwerp Central Youth Hostel. Elevators. Room perfectly clean. A great bar/loung with board game to play. Great location, very close to the most beautiful square of Antwerpen, with metro, bus and tram stations all around. We had a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

I had a job interview,while I was in Antwerp. Before arriving I was a little bit unsure about my stay in youth hostel.but fortunately as soon as I arrived, I found there a great place to stay...a really friendly atmosphere during the.afternoon in the common space(cafe,lobby,...) A really clever strategy that they propose is, not providing Internet in room...in that way all people especially during evening come to common spaces which Internet is available... So you can meet many young traveler