Antwerp Central Youth Hostel Reviews

Bogaardeplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium

Big, clean, simple, modern hostel with helpful and friendly staff.

• 18th Jul 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at this hostel! The staff was very helpfull and the hostel has a good location.

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing stay!

Maybe we just went during the quiet season, but there was no atmosphere to speak of! It was very dead, which was disappointing, but the hostel itself was lovely.

• 25th Jun 2014

Nice hostel.

Clean, safe, functional, quiet, centrally located. Everything you need, but not very interesting. Seemed like it could accommodate very large groups. The security locker in my 6 person room was too small to fit my backpack, but this wasn't a problem, the room was quiet and secure. Breakfast was plentiful, and we easily packed sandwiches to take along for lunch, but know that the food is whisked away promptly at ten, or whenever breakfast is over.

Aside from the whole place resembling something that looked like an insane asylum, the accomodations were fine. The private double room was clean, and had a good bathroom inside. The beds were tiny but I didn't expect much in that respect. Although they call it a 'youth hostel' we saw more older people staying there than anything. The common areas were dead, and not much socializing was happening around there and the bar.

We had a blocked sink but despite reporting this on the first morning it didn't get fixed during our 2 night stay - and when paying 64 euros a night for a VERY basic room I would have expected a better response.

• 19th Jun 2014

Modern spartan decor - super clean. Helpful staff. Bar with proper Belgian beer. Good breakfast - chocolate granola, meat, cheese and 3 kinds of pate. Secure storage for bikes.

A nice HI hostel. The showers could be better and the thin blanket is not enough - I was cold during the 2 nights I spent there. Nice breakfast and good Internet in the common areas.

A five-star!!! Really, if there was such thing as five star hostels, that would be Antwerp Central Youth Hostel. Elevators. Room perfectly clean. A great bar/loung with board game to play. Great location, very close to the most beautiful square of Antwerpen, with metro, bus and tram stations all around. We had a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

I had a job interview,while I was in Antwerp. Before arriving I was a little bit unsure about my stay in youth hostel.but fortunately as soon as I arrived, I found there a great place to stay...a really friendly atmosphere during the.afternoon in the common space(cafe,lobby,...) A really clever strategy that they propose is, not providing Internet in room...in that way all people especially during evening come to common spaces which Internet is available... So you can meet many young traveler

Definitely not the place to stay if you want to party. I still liked it. Locker's are too small for larger backpacks though.

this hostel was so professional so well organized. the breakfast was excellent. the dormitory was clean. I loved the bathroom we had for ourselves. I am very impressed with the water and energy saving methods. It is well located. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Linen and towel clean. I was very impressed. This was the best. Thank you

Room was clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. The WiFi didn't work at all in our room and the bed placement was a bit awkward and one of the bed's leg was broken so I was worried it would snap in the middle of the night. Lockers are small and you have to pay 1 euro for it (you get the money back when you open it). Overall a decent experience.

The hostel reminds a prison!

Great hostel just round the corner from the centrum. Delicious breakfast. Very reasonable price.

Everything was really good. Friendly and useful staff. There was a bunch of Hungarian girls having a party in the restaurant area late one night and you couldn't hear anything in any of the room areas - so this place is good if you want to party, but if you want peace you can have it. Only minor complaint is the shower in the shared rooms would leak water onto the floor at the entrance to the shared room, due to a bad design with no lip to stop the water. Just required a bit of manual cleanup.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Very clean. Good eat as much as you can free breakfast. Quite a big hostel with a lack of atmosphere though, I didn't feel it like the right place to meet fellow travellers. A bit expensive. Would recommend it if you go to Antwerp.

Excellent location! Close to great food and historical buildings. The breakfast was also amazing! Lots of options and a very large eating area. However, the hostel was a bit expensive for what was provided in the rooms. Also, one of the staff members was quite rude to my boyfriend and I when we arrived and spoke in French. Upon seeing our US passports he said quite snappy that we should just stick to English in Belgium, they don't speak French in the north. Not a great intro into the hostel.