Antwerp Central Youth Hostel Reviews

Bogaardeplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium

The hostel has a very modern design and looks rather like a hotel from the outside. Good location and nice staff. Room was clean and tidy, bed quite comfy, enough sockets, locker was good enough to place my small hand carry luggage. Only drawback was that you need to pay 50cents for renting the hair dryer and there is no hand soap in the toilet. Recommended in general.

We loved this hostel, the staff is so friendly and the place is excellent!

• 22nd Jan 2015

It is in a great location. You can even walk from the train station! This hostel had the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. I highly recommend if you are looking for a hostel that is clean, quiet, and near the city center.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great and classy hostel!

The building is very modern. 3 things may be improved: there was no soap in the toilet in the room, no wireless in the room and the locker is not large enough to take a carry-on baggage. I didn't understand why the locker was small since the room was large. The staff are friendly and helpful. I didn't stay long, so it may be only me but I think because of the large building and common area, the place is not good for meeting new people.

Located in a quiet part of the city centre, making it a perfect stop for tourists who stay just a night or two. The hostel is cheap and good value for money, with clean rooms, beds and bathroom. It isn't very cosy though. The hostel is so minimalistic, that it's atmosphere is non existent - it just appears empty and cold. If you're just looking for a place to spend the night, this is just fine though. Breakfast was excellent and with enough choice and staff is very friendly.

• 21st Dec 2014

It's an excellent hostel, the bar area is really nice to hang out and meet new people. The wifi is only available on the common areas, but besides from that its really good.

No wifi in the rooms. otherwise ok.

very good hostel

Just like other AJs, this one should let people use cooking facilities, even if in central location. I was told health and safety regulations but it seems they do not trust fully grown adults not to burn the kitchen/hostel down hehe. Atmosphere a bit dead even with bar and music. Staff not the chattiest really. At least it is in town so you can go out and come back easily. Rooms clean but should provide soap in bathroom. Not too big an ask.

Very fancy and good hostel. My only complaint is that in our room, each time someone takes a shower, the bathroom and the room gets flooded.

Very professionally run, clean and spacious hostel. It appears however to be used much more by workers than travellers who are in bed at 9, wake up loudly at 5am and shout at people when they walk in. They also treat the place like a dump; I had to clean the bathroom because a man had flooded it. The hostel does everything it can control well unfortunately the clientele mean the atmosphere is not a good one for young travellers. A word for the staff though, who were a great laugh!

The hostel is brand new (or at least it looks so) and it's right in the city center. I was with my gf and we got a private twin room with ensuite bathroom. Only thing they could improve is the fact that in the bathroom there isn't even the soap. I understand that it's a youth hostel and for instance beds were undone and towels are to be rent but at least the soap in the bathroom is something I'd expect. A part from this very small inconvenience I'd recommend the hostel ;)

Everything is fine. I was happy to stay here.

It was a good place for a quick stay. Clean rooms, good free breakfast. They have a lot of facilities (restaurant, bar, cafeteria, storage) but the place in general felt very... industrial. Emotionless? Not a super friendly environment. The evening receptionist was rude. They have a very good map of the city at reception though, make sure to grab one! Overall, it was a decent place for a brief visit to the lovely city of Antwerp.

There should be soap to at least wash your hands. Blankets were so thin, We were cold.

Nice staff, great breakfast

• 17th Oct 2014

Very good organized hostel, nice staff, tasty breakfast with variety of food and drinks, lockers for luggage.

The place was very clean, the older gentleman who runs the place is very friendly and helpful. Reall enjoyed the stay.

I was travelling solo and this was a nice hostel so spend the last night of my trip in. It was clean and had a nice setting. There was a bar area where you could relax and have a drink and plan your next day.