Antwerp Central Youth Hostel Reviews

Bogaardeplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium

Excellent place to stay, the only bad thing is that there is not wifi on the rooms

Location is outstanding. Rooms are very basic, but sheets are clean. Staff are very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Great hostel. Very clean, central and the staff was very helful. Breakfast was nice and surprisingly included fresh fruit. I would have preferred a hostel with a kitchen so that I could have cooked but it was still a great place. The Wifi really only worked in the cafeteria and the lobby. Not that big a problem, but I would prefer to browse and book trips in my room. While this place was very clean, it lacked a common area, which made it more difficult to meet people.

I liked the room and the hostel was fine - there were lots of families and kids and the staff had incorrectly booked a five year old in my room- which I found inappropriate

Everythons was gopd. We lked our room. Our shower was a little broken, got little bit burned but everything is fine.

So it's quite close to all the tourist attractions of Antwerp. If you want to explore the city, the hostel's in a good location. If you're looking to meet people and have a beer or two, I wouldn't recommend this place (eventhough they have a bar). You'll find people of all age groups, so not just youth. Clean place, good facilities.

The beds were plastic covered foam and not very comfortable. When taking a shower, water would flow under the door and into the hallway. We had to use a swipe 3-4 times during a shower to avoid this. Other than this it was ok.

There is a breakfast with a wide selection of cereals, toasts and spreads. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. Great place!

While this was by far one of the most modern and amazing hostels I have ever stayed in there are a couple things. While it isn't hard to find it is a good walk from the train station, and with a backpack that can be tiresome (no biggy). The rooms do NOT have wifi! Huge downer for me! You have to go downstairs. The shower in the room I was in had no incline, so all the water kept going out the door and into the room! No tub + no incline = shower 15 seconds and have wet beds and bags! PLEASE FIX!!

. Staff was helpful, hostel's bar was good for a drink before going out. . WiFi is only available in lounge & breakfast. No WiFi in rooms. . Comfortable beds and clean rooms. However there was even no liquid soap to wash hands in the bathroom. . The city map they have provided was very good, i.e. not just a map but full of information . Location is close to main sights however far away from night life.

Very new, clean and modern. Very good location! The room is very big and confortable!

You have to rent your towel with caution, do your own bed, can't sleep because of the noise and the light in the room. beside the bed that you have to do, and a table with two chairs, the room had nothing - the floor is pure cement, the ceiling has many strange stains, over and all the room was dirty, unconfortable, the matresses were awful.

WiFi didn't work in the room and the hostel was very boring and full of teenagers. I recommend it if you're 15 years old and going on a field trip or something or if you want to have a boring hostel with a very peaceful atmosphere. If you want to have an authentic and laid back experience, choose a different hostel

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Finland

The hostel is in a very good location. Minimalistic rooms, but clean. Our room was very spacious. The staff were fantastic.

The staff was amazing. Very helpful and kind. The hostel is very well located. The only thing that me and my wife did not like was the separated beds. Great stay, would go back for sure.

Very modern and sleek, with comfy beds and a nice breakfast range in the morning. This hostel comes highly recommended.

This hostel is fantastic value for money. It is located in the centre of town a short walk from the squares and restaurants. There were twelve in our party who stayed on Saturday 2nd May and we were made to feel very welcome. On arrival there was only one member of staff on duty because of sickness, I think the lady's name was Gabrielle. Nothing was too much trouble from arranging cycle storage to sorting out the fire alarm that was accidentally triggered by a short sighted member of our party

• 2nd May 2015

Well organised hostel...comfortable bed...good breakfast and helpful and friendly staff. The bar has a nice range of Belgian beer.

The showers only work for 2-3 seconds and are either very hot or quite cold. You aren't allowed to bring your own drinks or food and eat them in the common rooms. It seems to be a old bar with a unused cinema behind lots of biiliard tables in the back. Don't visit the common toilets in the bar in the morning.. they where full of guests spew when we had been there.

• 5th Apr 2015

In my opinion, this is one of the best hostels I have been to in my life. The least expensive hostel in Antwerp when I went(depends again when each person checks in). The staff were brilliant-very professional. It is located right in the middle of the shopping district. A safe and comfortable place to stay.