Antwerp Central Youth Hostel Reviews

Bogaardeplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium

The showers only work for 2-3 seconds and are either very hot or quite cold. You aren't allowed to bring your own drinks or food and eat them in the common rooms. It seems to be a old bar with a unused cinema behind lots of biiliard tables in the back. Don't visit the common toilets in the bar in the morning.. they where full of guests spew when we had been there.

• 5th Apr 2015

In my opinion, this is one of the best hostels I have been to in my life. The least expensive hostel in Antwerp when I went(depends again when each person checks in). The staff were brilliant-very professional. It is located right in the middle of the shopping district. A safe and comfortable place to stay.

good hostel, but wish it had a double room and the floor warmer. :)

Hostel staff was friendly and fluent in English. Good availability of free maps and other turistic info. Room and toilet were very clean, although as in every youth hostel no towels or soap was provided for. There was no noise and the heating worked well. We were given the chance to leave our luggage after the check out in a locker. The happiest part of our stay: Buffet Breakfast was really good and with basic but varied choices, absolutely good relation value-for-money.

Industrial city. This place is one big cold cement slab. It last still a blank canvas so maybe over time it will get some character. I was in room 208, there was no hot water to shower and over winter this isn't acceptable. Once I repotred this issue, I was thankfully provided with access to another bathroom down the hall, however not the convienience of paying for an ensuite. The local map provided gave incorrect information for public transport prices and incorrect opening closing time/ dates

Biggest missing thing is Wi-Fi in rooms. (on Lobby it's OK). Otherwise nothing to complain. Basic, lots of concrete (bit cold on winter) but this works. Free breakfast is a plus. Location is great!

Very smart, spacious and tastefully designed, excellent location. Quite quiet and not that backpacker-y. Excellent breakfast including cold meats and cheese.

The hostel has a very modern design and looks rather like a hotel from the outside. Good location and nice staff. Room was clean and tidy, bed quite comfy, enough sockets, locker was good enough to place my small hand carry luggage. Only drawback was that you need to pay 50cents for renting the hair dryer and there is no hand soap in the toilet. Recommended in general.

We loved this hostel, the staff is so friendly and the place is excellent!

• 22nd Jan 2015

I had to share a room with 4-5 strangers, so i thought vigilance was necessaryfor my belongings safety.They have small lockers in the roombut one has to pay 1euro for each use.A sign that reads the hostel not responsible for stolen items is in them.In the basement is a room with a sizable community-lockers for free,but shared with other guests with thekey orcode.I didn't feel safe using this so I used the large lockers in the same room but I had to pay 2euros each use.Wifi availabl only at lobby

• 13th Jan 2015

Pretty good, very clean, sterile, feels like a prison that ikea built. Staff and helpful and friendly wifi is adequate, location is good.

the hostel was okay, the location was perfect! No question about it but we came for the weekend. God, I think I slept maybe 2 hours. The hostel is incredibly noisy. Don't come here in the weekend if you want to sleep. Also the room was like a hospital. Cold and grey. But the room was clean, it was private and pretty cheap. But I won't come here again, only because of the noisiness.

It is in a great location. You can even walk from the train station! This hostel had the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. I highly recommend if you are looking for a hostel that is clean, quiet, and near the city center.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great and classy hostel!

The building is very modern. 3 things may be improved: there was no soap in the toilet in the room, no wireless in the room and the locker is not large enough to take a carry-on baggage. I didn't understand why the locker was small since the room was large. The staff are friendly and helpful. I didn't stay long, so it may be only me but I think because of the large building and common area, the place is not good for meeting new people.

Located in a quiet part of the city centre, making it a perfect stop for tourists who stay just a night or two. The hostel is cheap and good value for money, with clean rooms, beds and bathroom. It isn't very cosy though. The hostel is so minimalistic, that it's atmosphere is non existent - it just appears empty and cold. If you're just looking for a place to spend the night, this is just fine though. Breakfast was excellent and with enough choice and staff is very friendly.

• 21st Dec 2014

It's an excellent hostel, the bar area is really nice to hang out and meet new people. The wifi is only available on the common areas, but besides from that its really good.

No wifi in the rooms. otherwise ok.

very good hostel

Just like other AJs, this one should let people use cooking facilities, even if in central location. I was told health and safety regulations but it seems they do not trust fully grown adults not to burn the kitchen/hostel down hehe. Atmosphere a bit dead even with bar and music. Staff not the chattiest really. At least it is in town so you can go out and come back easily. Rooms clean but should provide soap in bathroom. Not too big an ask.