Antwerp Central Youth Hostel Reviews

Bogaardeplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium

Perfect for me visiting a conference in Antwerp and looking for a clean place, not expensive, and not noisy at night (this is not a 'party' hostel, so great for this occasion)

Very nice hostel with a really helpful staff

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is New, clean and in a perfect location. However, it's also the most boring hostel I've ever been to. The interior is very minimalistisch bkacj and White. Not very welcoming and Absolutely no atmosphere. It's decent place to sleep and the facilities are good, but wouldn't recommend staying here if you want a bit of fun!

Very big and clean hostel, with new facilities and power-saving-hippie thing. Rooms are big and light(big windows), breakfast is good. Location is okay, although you can get lost. Staff is helpful. Definitely worth the money.

There's nothing in the room except beds and 1 table so the echo is very bad. The shower in bathroom is bad, the water fizzels all around. The mattres on bed is very hard (I found it uncomfortable). The rooms are clean. The breakfast was ok.

clean, good breakfast, large & clean shows and toilets , 24h reception, comfortable beds, rooms aren't crowded, lovely view from top floors. the only thing I was missing is more of a international hostel atmosphere. on the other hand - it wasn't noisy and you can get that good night rest.

This hostel is very clean and modern and has great security. One warning - Solo travellers: this is quite an isolating place to stay, so if you're hoping to meet new people, don't stay here. They also do not have a communal kitchen so had to buy food out.

Rooms were super clean and well maintained, location was good about 10 minutes from main shopping street and bars/restaurants… it was a bit dead on a Thursday night but I guess it is September

Stayed in a paribate double room. I have just one bad thing to tell about this place, there is no wifi in the rooms. Part from that this place is just perfect! The staff is awesome and very helpfull. The room was very spacious and and clean. Love this place and would stay here again!

Room was a great size for the amount of people, 4pp - 2x single beds and 1x bunks with some tables and chairs and large bench with lockers and hanging space above. Building is good/looks fairly new, modern, nice bar area, large breakfast hall. Breakfast was good, toast/cereal/yoghurt/meat/cheese/juice/coffee. Not very much atmosphere, no Wi-Fi in rooms. Good neighbourhood, lots of nice shops, canal/cathedral/grote market area only a 5-10min walk away. Staff were helpful.

The facilities are new and clean. there is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby-what is a downside.

Possibly the most annoying hostel I've ever stayed in. First of all the wifi only works in reception not in the rooms and you have to keep putting the password in to log in again and again because it keeps going. There's nothing happening in the bar and very rarely people there you'd get a better atmosphere in a haunted house if I'm honest. The rooms were ok but we were put in a room catering for wheelchair users. If your travelling on your own, avoid this place!

Excellent place to stay, the only bad thing is that there is not wifi on the rooms

Location is outstanding. Rooms are very basic, but sheets are clean. Staff are very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Great hostel. Very clean, central and the staff was very helful. Breakfast was nice and surprisingly included fresh fruit. I would have preferred a hostel with a kitchen so that I could have cooked but it was still a great place. The Wifi really only worked in the cafeteria and the lobby. Not that big a problem, but I would prefer to browse and book trips in my room. While this place was very clean, it lacked a common area, which made it more difficult to meet people.

I liked the room and the hostel was fine - there were lots of families and kids and the staff had incorrectly booked a five year old in my room- which I found inappropriate

Everythons was gopd. We lked our room. Our shower was a little broken, got little bit burned but everything is fine.

So it's quite close to all the tourist attractions of Antwerp. If you want to explore the city, the hostel's in a good location. If you're looking to meet people and have a beer or two, I wouldn't recommend this place (eventhough they have a bar). You'll find people of all age groups, so not just youth. Clean place, good facilities.

The beds were plastic covered foam and not very comfortable. When taking a shower, water would flow under the door and into the hallway. We had to use a swipe 3-4 times during a shower to avoid this. Other than this it was ok.

There is a breakfast with a wide selection of cereals, toasts and spreads. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. Great place!