Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, USA

Very helpful staff, great location for exploring the old city

Just great hostel. No complaints at all, more than happy. Certainly worth money.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

check-in was a little slow. seems like there's usually one person on staff at the front, but I was only there for one weekend, so maybe that isn't the usual case.

• 12th Jul 2014

I loved, loved, loved my short stay there and plan to go back next Month. Arriving on the MegaBus from NYC with the first stop being on Market Street and 7th, made this journey so simple. I am a senior citizen and found it such an adventure hanging out with the college kids sitting on bean bags and watching a movie in the main area. Everyone was so polite and I felt right at home from that first hour I was there. The kitchen area was impressive (2 stoves, 2 refrigerators).

• 8th Jul 2014

Great, clean, friendly and very well located hostel. It is really worth your while to stay at this hostel.

Although I only stayed one night it was rather Enjoyable. And in a good location near attractions

Smallish compared to other hostels but energetic staff and still well located right off the subway in old district. Nightly activities were provided. I think they did well with a limited amount of space, a certain coziness among visitors developed. The dorm, at capacity is a lot of bodies and there was always someone coming in, going out or snoring throughout the evening into mid morning, but it was a holiday weekend, perhaps normally is not always 20 people in the size of two normal bedrooms

Cannot fault staff at all. Extremely informative and knowledgable. Never treated better in a hostel in my life. Independent USB chargers at each bed a nice touch. Cannot reccomend higher.

Only stayed here 1 night, but enjoyed the stay. They had a pub crawl organized with free drinks in the hostel beforehand and this was a great way to meet other people. The location is good and the rooms are clean. Would definitely recommend.

This was a good Hostel. I would recommend this Hostel to anyone travling in the Philiadelpia area. Staff was friendly. Clean rooms and showers. Very impressed.

• 22nd Jun 2014

At first it's hard to find the hostel because it's in the small alley, but when I start discovering around there, there are many bars, shops for you. I like that hostel is really close to the must see attraction. It's in the old city district and I think it's really great. Inside the hostel also good. They will change the password for the main door everyday and you have to have password for your own room. The bathroom is always clean and they have (free)kitchen and washing machine(5$) for us.

I stayed at their female dorm. There were 16 of us. But the bathroom and shower are in the dorm so you don't need to walk out of the dorm to take a shower , this is really convenient. A fully functional kitchen , only four blocks from Independence Hall. Great place to stay in Philadelphia.

Nice hostel. And despite staff protestations against Camden, NJ...the waterfront and Rutgers areas were lovely, so were the Philly attractions.

The staff were very helpful, kind and informative. Its facilities like free towel, linen, cereal, beer and movie were excellent. The location and cleanliness was good. The only problem was too many people in one room (18 people).

I had an issue with my bed it was assigned to a different person, I checked in at 2 pm and left my things on the bed and needless to say I was not aware of having to place my receipt on the bed to secure it? Please let Owner Marc know that perhaps if a bill board with all the Do's & Don'ts are made visible perhaps those of us who are 68 + will know how it works because even though Ron is a sweet heart and gives details, when you come in to register chances are you will not retain all the rules

The hstel is in the old district, so it is close to many historic sites and within walking distane. It offers free drinks at 8 pm and a $2 guided walk. The room has 16 (?) beds and it is a bit crowded. It provides lockers for guests, which is a good thing. The kitchen is well equiped with all kinds of amenities.

The staff was very friendly and gave us a better room than we actually booked. The location is right in Downtown but because of that the have no elevators.

Excellent Excellent Excellent! I can live there! Especially that everyone is quiet, clean, and disciplined at the rooms, kitchen, reception, staff, cleaners!

Very good place. I had a good time there. Location, staff, and atmosphere were great! I wanna stay there again.

Great hostel. Terrible if youre in the top room however. You have to walk up four flights of stairs, and the windows don't open so it is super hot in there!!

View all Philadelphia Hostels