Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Fabulous 1883 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2017
7.7

I only stayed for one night so didn't get involved in any of the activities they had on etc. The hostel is in a good location, is clean and staff were friendly - however I didn't like the fact there aren't any windows in the living / kitchen area which meant not much natural light, but that's just me being picky

• galledbladder
  • England, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
15th Aug 2017

Really good location. Lots to do in the area. Staff were good. There was an issue with my room availability and I was emailed in good time about it and it was quickly and easily sorted. The rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were very clean. The place could use a coat if paint/new carpet in common areas. I would definately stay here again.

10th Aug 2017
6.3

The location is hard to beat! However it is not clean! There were mice in the hostel. They also trick you by advertising small rooms and placing you into a large 24 person dorm room. It is obvious that they know that the smaller rooms are not available so it is dishonest to advertise them. Additionally, they do not deduct the deposit from your bill. Overall, great location and good atmosphere. But shady ownership and not so clean facilities

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
8.0

Apple hostel is probably one of the smallest hostels that I've stayed in. This isn't to say that I didn't enjoy my stay. The hostel is conveniently located close to a subway station, and a range of events are organised weekly. I felt that the atmosphere of the place could have been livened up a little though, and the staircase to the dorm rooms are quite small and narrow. All in all, this was a nice place to stay in, and I met my fair share of interesting people during my stay.

24th Jul 2017
7.7

The two issues I had with the hostel was that the room I got was way bigger than what I booked, which seems to be a reoccurring issue looking at the reviews. The other was that it's not quite a 'youth hostel', there definitely were some older people in my dorm room, at least one woman who was around 65 and her 40 or so year old daughter. Just very strange and made for a weird atmosphere. Other than that, the chargers at every bed was nice and I liked the lights out policy controlled by staff.

23rd Jul 2017

It was second time staying at this location and it was just as good as the first time.

• leungwaib6872
  • Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2017

The hostel is really very clean and accessible. I don't stay up late at night so I am happy with the lights-off-at-11pm policy and my roommates were quiet too. Just woke up a bit by the quacking noise of the bed. Room temperature was a bit low but it was not until the last day of departure that I discovered the air conditioning controller. And I would also prefer a close access to drinking water (not my habit in drinking tap water). But overall Apple hostel ranges top in my hostel experience.

14th Jul 2017
8.0

Great, clean hostel, Marc filled in for the ghost tour guide and he was really funny!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Jul 2017

Good location, decent common area to meet other people. Staff were all really friendly and helpful. Overall a great hostel.

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

I absolutely loved my stay in philadelphia! Apple hostels is on the smaller size in terms of hostels but I loved the quiet and relaxation of it! The location is perfect, not being too far from the subway and 5 minutes from the liberty bell. All the staff were incredibly helpful with any questions. My only issue was my room was booked as a four bed female dorm and it wasn't, it was a room for closer to 30 females. It did not affect my trip and I still had a wonderful stay, thank you!