Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

I definitely recommend this hostel! I have stayed several hostels in different US cities. This is one of the best. (1) Great location--in the old city area, many historical museums and places. The independent bell is just 2 blocks away. Easy to catch buses or go to the airport. (2) very clean in every where. Fresh air. No special smell from the rooms and beds/quilts in many hostels. (3) The staff are great, very nice and friendly.

There was not so much travellers, people were there more to save money.

We're always sad to hear when someone didn't enjoy their stay (luckily it isn't very often). There were a couple of conferences in Philadelphia during the time you stayed with us so while normally we're full of travelers, those days we had a few conference-goeers as well. We still had some great evenings sharing free beers, its just too bad that you chose not to join us. You should really try to meet other people, to us that's what hostelling is all about.

Had a great time. Thank you for your suggestions on places to visit downtown.

Perfectly sized with the right shower:bed ratio (for March). A good range of activities and very knowledgeable staff (of the local area).

This is a great hostel. My first time in a hostel in the US. I liked the location. The people were nice and though the rooms had a lot of beds; they were comfortable and tidy. I'd stay here again. Philly has a lot to offer.

• 22nd Feb 2014

I m not sure y I I cudnt like it, I had 4 days booking, and was feeling so down that ranback to nnewyork next evening. I might b stressed due to my exam situation. .... The staff also looked kind of LOST as they were atleast 40 guests there. Anyway no complaints from Administration or employees. .... Just get it more enthusiastic.....

I'm really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. It was actually a great atmosphere (as always) on the evening you checked in. I'm not sure why you didn't want to join the other guests for free refreshments in the lounge. Half of us went out on the pub crawl afterwards and the rest hung out in the lounge. If you're not into meeting other guests our staff are very friendly and would love to recommend other things for you to do while in Philadelphia. I hope you give us another try someday!

Free drinks at night, and great beds ! go for it !

Very nice; people were friendly and helpful and easy to talk to.

• 25th Jan 2014

Best time in America ever.

• 22nd Jan 2014

the code password inside the rooms its a little bit annoying

Good location, helpful staff, something planned every night, very good facilies in kitchen and laundry facilities. One of the best hostels I've stayed in yet.

Great hostel!

• 18th Jan 2014

Hi! I was there for a weekend and there is no any thing about I can complain. The Hostel is 5minut walking from indipendece bell, in the center of philadelphia. Everyday they plan some activity like moovie night and tour around the city. Sartuday for just 2dollars you could do the gosth tour and get a free beer. They have also discount for a tipical american cafeteria. For sure I would back in this hostel!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

The staff here are excellent, very friendly, very helpful and really understand travelers and their needs. Great social activities and the hostel had a really good vibe. The beds are reasonable and everything you can possibly think of has been thought of and they have a label for it. They have a great set up with the lights in the dorm though which stops people turning them on in the middle of the night. All round really great hostel that I would highly recommend to any traveler

people are good and they help

Thank you for keeping the place warm during the negative temperatures.

A really good hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The facilities were also very good- they have hair dryer in the common bathroom, individual light lamps and sockets for every bed. It's also a very thoughtful move to set the second floor as female dorm since it's difficult for women to move their luggages up. Most importantly, there's ample space in the bedroom. You won't be squeezing with anyone.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Excellent excellent excellent hostel. Great atmosphere, super clean, free things almost every day ranging from free tours to free dinners. (which was delicious) Lovely staff, one helped me find a hairdresser. The lights off policy to be honest was a god send, it got rid of that whole awkward 'when can i turn the light off without pissing people off?' scenario and was at a reasonable time of 11pm PLUS they had torches and bedside lamps so you could still see.

Hostel has a great atmosphere and wonderful staff. It's in a brilliant location too, right in the heart of the city, and within easy walking distance of lots of touristy sights, as well as bars and restaurants.

It is by far THE BEST HOSTEL I have ever stayed at! Cleanliness, atmosphere, staff friendliness, location - all top notch! I stayed 1 night in a private room and 2 nights in a dorm. In a dorm every bed has a little lamp attached to it so that you can continue reading etc. without bothering anyone else. EVERY evening there would be some event aimed at integrating people in a common room/kitchen, i.e. pasta night, cheese&wine tasting, watching a movie. I WILL DEFINITELY stay there again! :))))

View all Philadelphia Hostels