Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, USA

The guy who was working on Thursday and Friday night was fantastic. Very friendly, approachable, and extremely helpful. Also, the events that you put on are great because they serve as excellent icebreakers. One thing you might want to look at is how you divide up beds. It might make sense to try and put people who are leaving early in one spot and people staying late in another. That way those that are leaving early can get things done with some light and those staying late can sleep.

• 15th Jan 2015

I very much enjoyed my stay. The staff was super-friendly and helpful, everything was very clean, and the location in the old city was nice (make sure to check out the used book store on 2nd street). My only issue is one that really can't be blamed on the staff or the hostel at all... there's a lot of panhandling going on on Market street and I did not always feel too comfortable when walking back to the hostel late in the night.

• 27th Dec 2014

This is not the place to meet people. No one is social. Lights out at 11pm and too many people per dorm (16) makes it hard to meet people. Fantastic kitchen very well equipped. Great location right in the old town with all the touristy stuff.

I'm sorry that you had a hard time meeting people at the hostel. I don't know why you didn't choose to go along on the Ghost Tour or join us in our lounge afterwards for free beer. Everyone had a great time mingling and quite a few of our guests went out later to the bars together while quite a few others just continued their conversations at the hostel. Everyone had a great time. I've never had someone say that large dorms make it hard to meet people, it's actually quite the opposite.

The staff were amazing. New all the best places to go and even suggested some more local sites to visit, not just where tourists will be. The tours that were given was exceptional as a solo traveller it gave me opportunities to meet other backpackers. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

staff was very friendly and would help with anything I asked

I was surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel.

Very good: locker with electricity Inside !

My friend and I had a great stay at Apple Hostel. The staff was very welcoming, and organized events every night. The bathroom was clean, and although there were many beds in the (female) dorm, it was really quiet. I would recommend this hostel !

• 24th Nov 2014

The staff were the best I've ever encountered in any hostel. They could not have done more to make my stay better. The hostel is a few blocks away from the liberty bell and independence hall, and real close to some great bars and a subway station. Loved my stay here. Best hostel I've been to in the US so far. 10/10.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

I loved it

Brilliant staff

Great hostel

Too many guest by room! No windows No day light! Dirty pillow! Very hard to carry baggage in the room! No intimacy in toilet!

You may be thinking of a different hostel. Our dorm rooms have lots of space between the beds, more than just about any hostel I've ever seen and have five large windows with plenty of sunlight during the day, but of course very dark at night. We have very clean pillows with zippered covers that are cleaned regularly (plus the pillow case that is washed after every use of course). I'm not sure who you were trying to get intimate with in the shower, but our showers have two curtains.

Wonderful staff.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Jamaica

The hostel it was so good but is too much people for one room.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Really nice part of town and hostel has heaps of activities. Quite rooms that are well kept with clean bathrooms - staff ate ace 👌

convenient and good place to stay for a few days in Philly….great service and hospitality

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Chile

no laundry can use no elevator wifi is not very well

Friendly, clean, welcoming, accessible and the dorm was always quiet and chilled even though it was big. Lovely location in the Old City and easy to find.

Very clean and friendly, and located in a fantastic part of town. It seems a little sketchy at first because the entrance is kind of in an alleyway, but it is well lit and well-trafficked, so it seemed plenty safe to me even late at night.

• 5th Oct 2014