Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, USA

At first it's hard to find the hostel because it's in the small alley, but when I start discovering around there, there are many bars, shops for you. I like that hostel is really close to the must see attraction. It's in the old city district and I think it's really great. Inside the hostel also good. They will change the password for the main door everyday and you have to have password for your own room. The bathroom is always clean and they have (free)kitchen and washing machine(5$) for us.

I stayed at their female dorm. There were 16 of us. But the bathroom and shower are in the dorm so you don't need to walk out of the dorm to take a shower , this is really convenient. A fully functional kitchen , only four blocks from Independence Hall. Great place to stay in Philadelphia.

Nice hostel. And despite staff protestations against Camden, NJ...the waterfront and Rutgers areas were lovely, so were the Philly attractions.

The staff were very helpful, kind and informative. Its facilities like free towel, linen, cereal, beer and movie were excellent. The location and cleanliness was good. The only problem was too many people in one room (18 people).

I had an issue with my bed it was assigned to a different person, I checked in at 2 pm and left my things on the bed and needless to say I was not aware of having to place my receipt on the bed to secure it? Please let Owner Marc know that perhaps if a bill board with all the Do's & Don'ts are made visible perhaps those of us who are 68 + will know how it works because even though Ron is a sweet heart and gives details, when you come in to register chances are you will not retain all the rules

The hstel is in the old district, so it is close to many historic sites and within walking distane. It offers free drinks at 8 pm and a $2 guided walk. The room has 16 (?) beds and it is a bit crowded. It provides lockers for guests, which is a good thing. The kitchen is well equiped with all kinds of amenities.

The staff was very friendly and gave us a better room than we actually booked. The location is right in Downtown but because of that the have no elevators.

Excellent Excellent Excellent! I can live there! Especially that everyone is quiet, clean, and disciplined at the rooms, kitchen, reception, staff, cleaners!

Very good place. I had a good time there. Location, staff, and atmosphere were great! I wanna stay there again.

Great hostel. Terrible if youre in the top room however. You have to walk up four flights of stairs, and the windows don't open so it is super hot in there!!

WHY IS IT SO HOT IN THERE??!! I will never stay there again solely on the basis of how high you have the temperature indoors, it is like a sauna, other guests felt the same way.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

I'm very sorry that you found the temperature too warm. Our hostel has central air conditioning and each room's temperature is controlled by a thermostat insuring that they stay at a very comfortable temperature. If you are unhappy with the temperature, it is much better to ask one of us to adjust the temperature for you rather than wait until you leave to notify us. We haven't had any other complaints from any other guests, and we receive an email alert if the temperatures gets too hot or cold.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in! The staff are welcoming and very knowledgeable of the city. Every night they put on events, from free pasta to ghost tours, to get the residence of the hostel integrated with each other, and it works; I met some really good people whilst I was here! The hostel is very comfy, secure and comes with everything you need; from decent showers to all the kitchen equipment, with spices to boot! If anyone I know is going to Philly I'd recommend them to Apple Hostels

great staff and there is always something going on

I had a good time staying here at night, very close to historical sites.

• 10th Apr 2014

I just stayed for one night. Loved the decoration. Staff really kind and very helpful. I recomend it, will go back if I have to.

I definitely recommend this hostel! I have stayed several hostels in different US cities. This is one of the best. (1) Great location--in the old city area, many historical museums and places. The independent bell is just 2 blocks away. Easy to catch buses or go to the airport. (2) very clean in every where. Fresh air. No special smell from the rooms and beds/quilts in many hostels. (3) The staff are great, very nice and friendly.

There was not so much travellers, people were there more to save money.

We're always sad to hear when someone didn't enjoy their stay (luckily it isn't very often). There were a couple of conferences in Philadelphia during the time you stayed with us so while normally we're full of travelers, those days we had a few conference-goeers as well. We still had some great evenings sharing free beers, its just too bad that you chose not to join us. You should really try to meet other people, to us that's what hostelling is all about.

Had a great time. Thank you for your suggestions on places to visit downtown.

Perfectly sized with the right shower:bed ratio (for March). A good range of activities and very knowledgeable staff (of the local area).

1 2 Next » last »