Arraial do Cabo Central Hostel Reviews

Travessa Merluza, 8, Praia dos Anjos, Arraial do Cabo, Brazil

Although I chose to stay for 3 nights, I cannot recommend this hostel and would not stay there again. It is very basic and could use some investment, the bathroom of our 9-bed-dorm was extremely dirty after only one day, beds looked and felt like they were almost falling apart. The common area is a nice place to hang out though, and thanks to the very nice and helpful staff the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed.

• 5th Dec 2013

Nice and welcoming person. The location is not very central but the city is quite small so it's ok, you can walk everywhere. I was in a big and clear room but i've seen some quite small and dark. Very simple breakfast (1kind of fruit, 1 cake, coffee, ham

Really nice chilled out hostel, in a good location near to the centre. Staff are really lovely and friendly. The only bad thing about the hostel is that the pillows are really bad! Apart from that I would recommend and would definately stay again. =)

We had a great time in Arraial do Cabo. The hostel was very clean and the staff very friendly. I can give everyone the advice if they go to arraial stay at this hostel because it's worth for that money!

• 13th Oct 2013

Great hostel! People are very friendly. Excelent location!

• 12th Jun 2013

Very close to the bus station and easy to reach all parts if town. Very cheap rooms but of varying quality - the one we were supposed to sleep in had a musky moldy odour and it was very hard to breathe. Luckily, they had another room available which we could switch to instead. Breakfast is good and the staff very friendly and helpful. If cleanliness is important to you this may not be the place to stay as neither the room not the dorms were cleaned in the full week we stayed.

We arrived a bit earlier than check-in time (about 30 mind before) but advised them of our check-in time through our reservation. When we arrived, the dorm was not clean, there was pooin the toilet, and the toilet would not flush. The woman cleaned the toilet but it wouldn't flush again. After advising someone who "more or less" worked there that the toilet was broken, we waited 24 hours for it to be fixed. For the "staff" rating, everyone was particularly unhelpful except for Claudio.

From the off we didn't feel welcome by the guy at reception who seemed like he had better things to be doing. The first night there was no water which after a 22 hour bus journey was an inconvenience to say the least. Same on the third night. Our room was a private double. The room itself was fine however the bed sheets and bed itself were damp. It did have a great view though. The kitchen is decent but very dirty as nobody is the hostel washed up their stuff. Location Great. Zero atmosphere

Great location and really helpful, english speaking staff, the travellers staying there at the time were down to earth. Downside was our room was not cleaned once in our three night stay, the room we had also seemed quite damp and we had the added unwelcome extra of receiving a small electric shock when turning the shower off. There were also no windows only shutters in our allocated room, which opened to the inside of the building.

Good value for the money! Nice location, close to the beach and the shuttleboats that can take you to islands/ other beaches. Helpfull staff, really cool and nice guy that works at the hostel (Gonzalo)

It is a nice hostel with a great view on the sea. Unfortunatelly we found some cockroaches in our small room. There was only one toilett for around 4 rooms, so it was very crowded and sometimes you had to wait for 20 minutes until able to use the bathroom. The breakfast was okay. By the way, teh beaches at Arraial do Cabo are not very clean. That is not the hostel's fault of course, but I just wanted to add it, so don't be disappointed with people throwing their rubbish in the sand.

The hostel has a very good localization close of restaurants, downtown, the Forno`s beach and the port, where you can find some tours by boat to Farol`s beach, floating restaurant and some others beautifull beaches. They have a nice staff, including Diego a nice guy. The hostel has internet, beverages and a simple breakfast. The bathrooms should be cleaning more often. If you arrive after 10 p.m. it`s important to give a call beacuse they do not work 24 hours. they don`t have safes.

• 26th Dec 2012

Very pleasant airy and open hotel with huge kitchen and nice common place to sit. I stayed much longer than planned, because I needed the rest. The breakfast could be better...

• 21st Dec 2012

Average hostel, but with great staff (Guillermo was very helpful and kind) and excellent location, close to restaurants, marina and beach

Excellent hostel the staff is great the location couldn't be better and the atmosphere of the hostel is amazing

• 3rd Oct 2012

Arraial is a superb place to stay! Nice beaches and a lot of diving sites! The Hostel is just a 5min walk away from one of those beaches! Its a nice and well secured house with a big and chilly veranda / balcony. The staff is very friendly. When we arrived, he looked at us and took us just 50meters down the road to a house of a friedly woman. It was her's and she has some rooms to rent. So we got a nice big and clean room with an even better bathroom to ourselfs!!! Nice breakfast every morning!

The hostel isn't so good. The walls were moldy and I could not complete my diving course because I had a crisis allergenic.. I went to Arrail do Cabo only to do this course, but I lost the opportunity.

the hostel is nice and well located close to the praia do forno and the restaurants, which was really nice. We thought the hostel was a bit too quite and lack of atmosphere and energy, which was a shame. A few things that coud be improved : almost no water in the shower, time to change the electric showerhead! we all felt cold at night and there were no blankets available in the room, which could add comfort. breakfast wasn't good and the juice could be natural, we are in Brazil afterall!

I stayed at this hostel and have to highly commend the staff the are genuinely lovely. The brought me to the bank and then for drinks at the Lola Festival all which showing me there town. The could not do enough for the guests.

cockroach, bath not clean, feeling not secrue but nothing happend

View all Arraial do Cabo Hostels