Asakusa Hostel Toukaisou Reviews

2-16-12 Nishiasakusa Taito-ku Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Lovely and affordable place, i would come back to enjoy more of Japan

This hostel was amazing! They had a wonderful social area with tatami floors and good, clean bathrooms. Met a lot of nice people and the location wasn't bad. Would definitely come back to this hostel again.

Dear Mallory Marcone, Thank you for stating with us. We are happy to hear from you you had a good time here. We hope to see you again near futuer. Arigato. Kind regards, Toukaisou staff.

Nice, clean and chip hostel. It is in a good location to see Asakusa and Ueno and it is near at the metro station.

Dear Daniel Corbelli, Thank you very much for your stay. We appreciate your kind comment. If you have next chance to visit Tokyo, we will always be happy to welcome you. Thank you. Toukaisou

I passed only one night in Toukaisou Ryokan, but it was really plaisant. Staff is so nice and helpefull, bathroom, dormitory and kitchen are really clean. The common room is really pleasant. The area is calm, faraway from the crowd,close to Senso-ji shrine.

• 27th Apr 2014

Dear Floriane Ben Hassen, Thank you for your stay. We appreciate your kind comment. We are glad to know you found our features which we will always try to keep offering the other guests too. Your next stay will be most welcome.

There were some guests staying the same time as us who were up very late making a lot noise and because our door was right beside the social area we could basically hear every word they said. Policy dictated that group area was to be vacated after 11pm however they were in it til after 1am most nights. Aside from that I would recommend this hostel.

Dear Paul Brennan, Thank you very much for your stay of 3 nights. We appreciate your kind and precious comment. We are sorry to know that the sound of common area disturbed you and will continuously try not to cause the same problem again. Thank you for your comment, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Least polite staff I have ever encountered - not the cleaners, who do an ok job, the front desk staff. Were unhelpful when asked a few simple questions about the area, & only grudgingly gave the wifi code before check-in to allow me to check the 'net. Hostel is VERY small, common area has no seating, you sit on the uncomfortable floor. The "kitchen" (a microwave & a kettle) is 1 sq metre. Poor atmosphere, long-term otaku types & older guests/families. Luggage not securely stowed, left in hallway

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your stay. We are sorry for making you unconfortable at our place. We will do our best to improve our services. Especially regarding a staff. How ever please understand our culture about tatami. We sit on tatami,it is cultural thing. We understand it is unacceptable for you. Thank you very much for your precious review. Best Regards, Toukaisou

It's a pleasure to stay at Asakusa Hostel Toukaisou. It might be a little hard to find if you are not prepared but if you are, it's super easy. It's located in a small alley but very near to everything you need ( Subway and convenient stores ). The staffs were friendly and very helpful. We were satisfied with our room and the toilets were very clean. However, other guests were quite noisy in the living room which made it hard for us to rest. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Dear Ooi Lye Bee, Thank you very much for your stay of 3 nights. We appreciate your kind and precious comment. It's pleasure for us to know you found our features which we are trying to offer all of the guests. We are sorry for the noise from the living room. We will continuously ask guests not to disturb the others in the nights, and try to keep our peaceful atmosphere. Thank you for your comment. Your next stay will be most welcome!

A little bit quite far from the subway, but easy to find.Staff are great and helpful.

Hi, For the price; I definitely recommande this hostel. Asakusa is a great suburd in Tokyo, the hostel is near from the public transport; Ginza line, the room was quite small but clean. And the hostel is in a traditional japanese style, very nice and the rooftop when is sunny is perfect to take the sun quietly, far from the very busy Tokyo! Only one thnig, the bedroom where I was, is just open on the living room, which not so nice to sleep. Fortunately I had my hearplug.

Dear ELODIE MIQUEL, Thank you so much for your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our place. Regarding the noise from common room at midnight, we will be trying to notice other guests to be considerate to who is sleeping next door. Thank you very much for your precious review. We highly appreciate your kind comment. Best Regards, Toukaisou

The place was hard to find. Staff were ill mannered, walls were thin, kitchen is tiny and other guests were rude and inconsiderate.

I really love Asakusa Toukaisou.. Stay in the Hostel in 3rd Floor. (NOT in the Ryokan 1st/2nd Floor). The Kitchen and the Living room is perfect.. Also I like the rooftops, it's perfect place for smoking and drinking with your friend, during the day of course.

Tucked in a quiet alley in Asakusa, you will find this Japanese theme hostel. Conveniently located, you can find your way easily to the subway as well as shops and restaurants. The rooms and common area has tatami mats and Japanese decor which really give it a sense of ryokan. The staff kept the place clean and tidy. Internet connection is also very good. Highly recommended.

Dear Liew Shyh Horng, Thank you very much for your stay. We will do our best to keep the quality and make it better continuously. We really appreciate your kind comment.

I had 2 nights. One was good, another was really bad. I arrived in the early morning. I checked in but it was too early so can't leave my luggage in my room. The staff said he'd bring my luggage to my room. When I got back at night, no. So I had nothing whole night. Worse, no hot water after 2 or 3 am. Worst, when I told my case to the owner next morning and asked 4 more time to tidy up b4 check out, he agreed my case but angrily demanded me to finish shower in 10 mins. That says it all

It has a japanese style, what is great. It close to the temple and a touristic area. It is also only blocks from the subway from where you can go anywhere in minutes. Very clean bathroom, secure and friendly.

Thank you very much for your stay and kind comment! It's pleasure for us to host you. Thank you so much.

Lovely, friendly staff. Everything in Tokyo is expensive, but this was a great place to stay on a budget. The fellow travelers we met here were fun and friendly as well. Would happily return.

Dear, Thank you very much for your stay in our Toukaisou. We really appreciate your kind comment, and are happy to know you had such a nice time during your stay. We also are very happy to welcome you again.