Asakusa Hostel Toukaisou Reviews

2-16-12 Nishiasakusa Taito-ku Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

The place is very nice on the whole. The only problem was that the common room leads to the private rooms so whatever noise was made in the common room, whether small or big, was heard in the private rooms/dorms. But the staff is very nice snd helpful and the place is a real value for money.

The building was very old. Whenever some body walked the hallway, it was SUPER noisy!!!! It's because the floor was very very old, I can tell. I did not like this hostel AT ALL. I am sorry but I just wanna be honest. People at this hostel were not friendly, the building was very old.The wash room and shower room was clean but room was old and dirty. I saw some long hair BEFORE when I touch my futon. On top of that, I rented the bath towl. It smelled bad and it was OLD. I would never come back!

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Japan

Disappointed with staff and lack of transparency of their permanent housing condition, especially those that work only in the back office, cleaning group. Their continued presence in the 6 bed dorm rooms really take away from traveler hostel experience, does not add value to Tokyo experience. Suggestion: If you want cleaning staff to live on the property, keep all of them in the SAME room, EVERY night so that paying guests may enjoy each others company without prying eyes and ears.

• 13th Sep 2015

The air conditioning in Room Kiku makes a horrible jack hammering noise every 20-30 minutes. The lower you turn the temperature, the worse it is. Makes it impossible to get a decent night's sleep. Everything else about this hostel was superb! One of the best hostels I've stayed in. I was so impressed!

• 11th Aug 2015

Families will stay there too, so be aware of kids in the hostel.

Very nice hostel with a great atmosphere and employees that were friendly and ready to help. Besides that, Asakusa is a very cozy part of Tokyo and we are glad that we chose this area as opposed to the more busy areas.

We had a a great time! Keni was a great host and a new friend. You are located in the opposite side of town to Shibuya, however everything you need is with 10mins of the hostel. Close to trains to take you all around Tokyo.

Cool hostel but quiet

very good location. very helpful staff. strongly recommend this hostel

I didn't not enjoy my stay. My room was smelling badly. No one was there before midnight. People were sleeping in the lounge. They lost my suitcase at the end of my stay. It took then 15 minutes to find it back. It is a Little worring and you need to go at the airport and that you dont really know what happened to your suitcase... and Also you should secure the place or at lest gave a name tag to put on the suit case when you keep then for us. I could have let with one that wasnt mine.

Very good location

Had a very nice time at Toukaisou as always. Can't wait to stay there again the next time i go to Asakusa.

great hostel

Had the two/three person private room. The bottom bunk bed was a bit hard to get in and out of since the bed was in a corner and the bed had low bed guards. Otherwise ok.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

This place is the best. It's very near Asakusa and the subway. There are a lot of 24 hr supermarket near this place. I recommend. :)

Thank you for your stay. We are delighted that you like our place so much. We hope to see you again in the futute. Thank you.