Asakusa Hostel Toukaisou Reviews

2-16-12 Nishiasakusa Taito-ku Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Least polite staff I have ever encountered - not the cleaners, who do an ok job, the front desk staff. Were unhelpful when asked a few simple questions about the area, & only grudgingly gave the wifi code before check-in to allow me to check the 'net. Hostel is VERY small, common area has no seating, you sit on the uncomfortable floor. The "kitchen" (a microwave & a kettle) is 1 sq metre. Poor atmosphere, long-term otaku types & older guests/families. Luggage not securely stowed, left in hallway

It's a pleasure to stay at Asakusa Hostel Toukaisou. It might be a little hard to find if you are not prepared but if you are, it's super easy. It's located in a small alley but very near to everything you need ( Subway and convenient stores ). The staffs were friendly and very helpful. We were satisfied with our room and the toilets were very clean. However, other guests were quite noisy in the living room which made it hard for us to rest. Overall, it was a nice experience.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi, For the price; I definitely recommande this hostel. Asakusa is a great suburd in Tokyo, the hostel is near from the public transport; Ginza line, the room was quite small but clean. And the hostel is in a traditional japanese style, very nice and the rooftop when is sunny is perfect to take the sun quietly, far from the very busy Tokyo! Only one thnig, the bedroom where I was, is just open on the living room, which not so nice to sleep. Fortunately I had my hearplug.

Dear ELODIE MIQUEL, Thank you so much for your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our place. Regarding the noise from common room at midnight, we will be trying to notice other guests to be considerate to who is sleeping next door. Thank you very much for your precious review. We highly appreciate your kind comment. Best Regards, Toukaisou

The place was hard to find. Staff were ill mannered, walls were thin, kitchen is tiny and other guests were rude and inconsiderate.

I really love Asakusa Toukaisou.. Stay in the Hostel in 3rd Floor. (NOT in the Ryokan 1st/2nd Floor). The Kitchen and the Living room is perfect.. Also I like the rooftops, it's perfect place for smoking and drinking with your friend, during the day of course.

Tucked in a quiet alley in Asakusa, you will find this Japanese theme hostel. Conveniently located, you can find your way easily to the subway as well as shops and restaurants. The rooms and common area has tatami mats and Japanese decor which really give it a sense of ryokan. The staff kept the place clean and tidy. Internet connection is also very good. Highly recommended.

Dear Liew Shyh Horng, Thank you very much for your stay. We will do our best to keep the quality and make it better continuously. We really appreciate your kind comment.

I had 2 nights. One was good, another was really bad. I arrived in the early morning. I checked in but it was too early so can't leave my luggage in my room. The staff said he'd bring my luggage to my room. When I got back at night, no. So I had nothing whole night. Worse, no hot water after 2 or 3 am. Worst, when I told my case to the owner next morning and asked 4 more time to tidy up b4 check out, he agreed my case but angrily demanded me to finish shower in 10 mins. That says it all

It has a japanese style, what is great. It close to the temple and a touristic area. It is also only blocks from the subway from where you can go anywhere in minutes. Very clean bathroom, secure and friendly.

Thank you very much for your stay and kind comment! It's pleasure for us to host you. Thank you so much.

Lovely, friendly staff. Everything in Tokyo is expensive, but this was a great place to stay on a budget. The fellow travelers we met here were fun and friendly as well. Would happily return.

Dear, Thank you very much for your stay in our Toukaisou. We really appreciate your kind comment, and are happy to know you had such a nice time during your stay. We also are very happy to welcome you again.

Very nice and valuable (compared to Tokyo's prices) hostel for budget travelers. At the heart of the Asakusa area, you can explore this very traditional Japanese area easily. Subway station is 5 minutes walking from the hostel (quite convenient). Dorms are okay. Bathrooms are big and clean. You can make your own food, wash your clothes (pretty nice if you've been traveling for a while). There is also a cute terrace on the roof. The atmosphere was a bit quiet though..

We highly appreciate your stay and friendly reiview. It's very good to know that you are basically satisfied with our facility. Regarding atmosphere, we intentionally offer quiet condition and hope the customers can relax. We apprecitate your precious comment though. We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

This hostel was one of our favorite during our Tokyo trip. Most welcoming and friendly English-speaking staff I have encountered in Japan so far. Premises were clean, cosy and covered with travelling tips and sightseeing guides. Private dorm room wasn't pre-heated so it was quite chilly before getting in the bed. After all, I would recommend this to everyone visiting Tokyo. Real value for money and the staff makes you smile after leaving.

Thank you for wonderful review and stay with us. We provide a heating system in all rooms. So you did not use it we think. Any way if you come to Japan and Tokyo again we hope to see you. Thank you. Toukaisou staff.

Awesome location. Best place to site seeing Asakusa and Tokyo Tower. Walking distance to the train and lots of 24/7 food locations nearby.

Poorly maintained. I stayed at this hostel 6 years ago and had a great experience. So when it came to my recent trip, they immediately came to mind. I really think they haven't taken care of the facilities, besides cleaning the bathroom, since that time. Lots of things are broken (including the floor). What wasn't broken looked extremely worn. Will not consider this facility for future trips to Tokyo.

Clean rooms and bathroom/shower. It would be nice if you could lock your bag up in the room, but they just had shelves for your bag. Also, please fix the direction instructions, the hostel is 3 blocks off the main road, not two. We unknowingly walking into a lover hotel because we followed the directions. Had a small common room/tv room which was nice.

Nice and clean Hostel.. Friendly Staff. Location is good too, near a Subway station and within walking distance of some nice attractions! Would come here again!

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to having you again here at the hostel.

Keep up the way you're doing. It's absolutely perfect and a great pleasure staying in your establishment.

Thank you for staying in our hostel. We hope seeing you oneday near future. Toukaisou staff.

We would encourage you to accept (without charges) payment by card, which is a confortable payment method for travellers.