Asakusa Ryokan Toukaisou Reviews

2-16-12 Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Not really a ryokan. if you are looking for a traditional ryokan experience, don't stay here.

Great staff with strong English! Very comfortable room and atmosphere in the private room with ample storage. Wish we stayed more nights here! Bit of a walk to get there from stations but wasn't bad. Ended up just walking to Ueno station to use JR pass which actually wasn't that much farther than Asakusa Station.

This place is a great value! I stayed in a hostel a few blocks away for the same price, but got a private room here, so worth it. After a week of hostels it was nice to get a place to myself. The set up of the room was really nice and I enjoyed the kettle and tea provided. I would stay here again when in Tokyo.

Nice little place in Asakusa with great directions to find it. Twin rooms are futons and have ensuites, very cosy.

Twin room is very small, but you have private bathroom. Good place to sleep well after long day sightseeing Tokyo. I haven't look for it long but there is probably no common space to read book or eat something.

Thank you very much for your stay and the review. We are sorry that we have no common area in ryokan. We appreciate for your stay and support and hope to see you again.