Asakusa Ryokan Toukaisou Reviews

2-16-12 Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The place was a bit small, and quite expensive compared to the facilities. But it was near the subway station and Sensoji temple, made it very good to stay here. Not to mention many 24hours restaurant and discount shops. And one thing you must do if you stay here is to go to the batting center near the hotel. The feeling was priceless.

I stayed my first night in Tokyo in this hotel. It had everything you would need in your room and there are lots of shops near by. I didn't get that there was much of a social atmosphere as it was all private rooms.

[Private room - 2 Japanese style beds] Stayed 1 week Overall, Asakusa Toukaiso was a decent place to stay. The room was small, but clean and provided enough security for storing belongings during the day. The ensuite bathroom was a little run down, but not surprising in an older building. The staff here were very kind and accommodating. Not much of a backpacker community here though for those seeking to swap stories with other travelers.

We stayed in a couple room with 2 futons. It was really cozy and we even had our own ofuro (bathroom) as well as a toilet. The staff was amazingly friendly, never had any problems. They would have cleaned our room (maybe even daily?), but we decided, that it was not worth it. =) Really nice, the location is perfect for people wanting to see Asakusa.

The room is too small. The bath room is too small as well.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

As it says very friendly family run hostel/hotel. Basically a hotel with clothes washing minimal cooking facilities but no central communal area except the roof terrace.which is fine. Really well situated for the Tokyo metro. Round the corner is a brilliant little curry restaurant(on the main road towards the metro station)I'd definitely go there again. Free fresh towels daily if you want them and green tea if you want that.unpretentious value for money

Our room was very small and near the stairs so a little noisy but for a budget room what do you expect. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the rooftop space for a beer at the end of long days walking the city and it's excellent location more than made up for the small room.

Staff were great! They were really helpful and had really good English!

Dear Jody Knapke, Thank you very much for your stay for 3days with Toukaisou. We highly appreciate your kind review. Your warm comment is really a great encouragement for our staff. We will remain and improve our service for customer in the future too. Thank you again for your stay. We are always looking forward to welcoming you again. Toukaisou

My fav accommodation place in Tokyo! This was the 4th time I stayed there, and I will come back. You can really easily get by metro wherever you wanna go. Staff is helpful and great! My bathroom smelled a bit moudly (other rooms I've stayed in haven's smelled).

Room was so moldy that I could not sleep. My throat hurt for three days after staying there due to mold and dust. There was also a strong, unpleasant odor in the room. The location was good but did not make up for the poor sanitation.

Great place once we found it, excellent location, near to cool restaurants and touristy spots. Japanese style twin room with en suite was lovely - clean and perfect for what we needed. Staff really really helpful, friendly and had excellent English and lots of great recommendations for restaurants. Very accommodating. Would recommend using the map to help find it. Excellent place, would definitely recommend, and would happily stay there again!

Good location, place is generally clean but has a strong tatami mat smell. Room is small and feels cramped but the good location makes up for it. Staff can speak ok English. Can be a bit dusty (bad for people allergic to dust mites like me).

Room have a smell. And bath room is small.

• 21st May 2014
  • Singapore

Dear Lee Fen Fen, We appreciate for your staying with us. Please accept our apology for the smell in the room. We have to ameliorate the problem. Please kindly understand the size of the room. We understand it does not much for you. Thank you very much for your profitable reveiw for us. Best regards,

Nice location!

• 21st May 2014
  • Thailand

Dear Savet Vajrasthira , We appreciate for your staying with us. We are happy that you are saisfied with our location. That is one of our strong point. We would like to welcome you again in the future. Thank you very much for your reveiw. Best regards,

Staff was very helpful and we had a pleasant stay! My only real issue was that the private bathroom in our room was not particularly suited for tall people, resulting in knees hitting the walls when sitting on the throne.

Dear Mikko Lakomaa, Thank you very much for your stay of one week. We appreciate your kind and warm review. We are also very glad to know you had a nice time in our place. Regarding the bathroom, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Though we cannot change the size of rooms, we will notify tall people for safety sake. We appreciate your precious comment and look forward to welcoming you again. Thank you.

The previous tenant in my room had definitely been breeding cats or something. I had a single that smelled like a litterbox. That wrong was compounded by the fact that the guy checking me in told me that it was due to new tatami mats they had put down on the floor. I also could not fit in the bathroom it was so small. But meanwhile, the shower and tub were large. Confusing.

Dear Brian Doty, Thank you for your staying. Please accept our apology for that smell of new tatami is not acceptable for you. Although the smell is nostalgic for Japanese,we have learned that for someone espacially comes from a foreign country, the smell is terrible like such a thing you mentioned.We should have paid attention more and more. Since then, the smell have been fading away and we see a guest enjoy new tatami. We appreciate your stay and comment benefit for us. Best regards,