Asakusa Ryokan Toukaisou Reviews

2-16-12 Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

very good location close to the metro stop.

Nice little hostel in Asakusa neighbourhood, 10 minute walk from metro station (2 stops from Ueno, shuttle train airport) and close to shopping center. Private room was Japanese style with tatami and good matresses. Also close to some major attractions. Only missed the kitchen.

This would be the second time I've stayed at Toukaisou, I very much enjoyed my stay once again. Asakusa is great for the relaxing atmosphere compared to the normal hustle bustle of Tokyo, a place to call home at the end of a long day. The staff are all friendly and are open to talk to you whenever you need them, Toukaisou is close to many cheap places to eat or popular restaurants and the trains are relatively convenient. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking to travel Tokyo.

• 16th Oct 2014

The place was a bit small, and quite expensive compared to the facilities. But it was near the subway station and Sensoji temple, made it very good to stay here. Not to mention many 24hours restaurant and discount shops. And one thing you must do if you stay here is to go to the batting center near the hotel. The feeling was priceless.

Absolutely loved our stay. Staff were friendly, the place is clean, its in a good location. Super helpful directions for places like Osaka etc. Dont change anything! You're doing a great job!

• 27th Sep 2014

I stayed my first night in Tokyo in this hotel. It had everything you would need in your room and there are lots of shops near by. I didn't get that there was much of a social atmosphere as it was all private rooms.

[Private room - 2 Japanese style beds] Stayed 1 week Overall, Asakusa Toukaiso was a decent place to stay. The room was small, but clean and provided enough security for storing belongings during the day. The ensuite bathroom was a little run down, but not surprising in an older building. The staff here were very kind and accommodating. Not much of a backpacker community here though for those seeking to swap stories with other travelers.

Very good experience. Staff was helpful, and speak English. Located conveniently down a quiet street close to downtown Asakusa. Also close to subway stations, restaurants, convenience stores and touristic attractions. Worth the stay, would definitely book this place again.

We stayed in a couple room with 2 futons. It was really cozy and we even had our own ofuro (bathroom) as well as a toilet. The staff was amazingly friendly, never had any problems. They would have cleaned our room (maybe even daily?), but we decided, that it was not worth it. =) Really nice, the location is perfect for people wanting to see Asakusa.

The room is too small. The bath room is too small as well.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

As it says very friendly family run hostel/hotel. Basically a hotel with clothes washing minimal cooking facilities but no central communal area except the roof terrace.which is fine. Really well situated for the Tokyo metro. Round the corner is a brilliant little curry restaurant(on the main road towards the metro station)I'd definitely go there again. Free fresh towels daily if you want them and green tea if you want that.unpretentious value for money

Our room was very small and near the stairs so a little noisy but for a budget room what do you expect. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the rooftop space for a beer at the end of long days walking the city and it's excellent location more than made up for the small room.

Staff were great! They were really helpful and had really good English!

Dear Jody Knapke, Thank you very much for your stay for 3days with Toukaisou. We highly appreciate your kind review. Your warm comment is really a great encouragement for our staff. We will remain and improve our service for customer in the future too. Thank you again for your stay. We are always looking forward to welcoming you again. Toukaisou

My fav accommodation place in Tokyo! This was the 4th time I stayed there, and I will come back. You can really easily get by metro wherever you wanna go. Staff is helpful and great! My bathroom smelled a bit moudly (other rooms I've stayed in haven's smelled).