Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

This was honestly one of the best hostels I have ever been to..The management and staff where amazing...there is a free breahfast every morning,and something 2 do every night...make sure you are there for monday night at the walkabout and heaven afterwards..so any one looking for a good time in the center of London,go to the astor museum

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It was really great hanging out with you while you were here. Come back again soon buddy!

The best location, beautiful area, dorms are okay, nice view, atmosphere of guests not as friendly, staff friendly and helpful

The location and the neighbourhood are really good. The hostel is right in front of the British Museum. The breakfast was good, my opinion is to have it as soon as possible because it can be very crowded. Overall experience very good!

great location, friendly staff

I slept in a four-bed room with a hard access (the stairs for the fourth floor are very small). The staff and my roommates were excellent. Unfortunately, we had noisy and disrespectful neighbors.

• 26th Jan 2014

Had a great time, thanks to the great staff of the hostel. This was surely one of the best hostels I've ever been, and I travel a lot. No hidden charges or anything and they even lend you a converter for your phone for free, when you need it the most. Keep up with the good work guys.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Slovenia

It was wonderful having you! Thanks so much for the kind feedback, we hope to see you again in London soon!

Great location if visiting British Museum or Queen's theatre. Small room but friendly staff and no fussing with making own beds/ stripping the bed next day!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Wales

We like to keep it simple :) I'm glad you had a great time, and enjoyed our extremely central locale. Thanks for the kind words! See you again soon!

there was a mouse in the bedroom

• 20th Jan 2014

hey, just wanted to give you an update! we listened to your feedback and had the little guy taken care of. We're sorry if it scared you!

I had a good stay at Astor Museum Inn, absolutely great, central location. I always felt safe walking around even at night. The staff was very nice and helpful from the start. No lift. The carpet in the room was really dirty but the bed was clean. The cage under my bed for my luggage was broken and really difficult to open/close/lock, but I made it work. Free breakfast, and kitchen was fully stocked and constantly maintained by staff. Wifi was free, but really spotty or nonexistent sometimes.

• 19th Jan 2014

Great staff, great location! Had a lot of fun :)

We enjoyed meeting you! Glad you had a good time :)

The staff was really good and also the location, but the fact of the place you have to put your bag makes so much noise and also there was only 1 light and 1 plug for 4 people, which wasn't enough at all. The noise made by the bed was really annoying because even if you don't want to make noise if you're leaving or arriving during the night is impossible, including the fact that there wasn't enough room to leave the luggage out of the bed.

• 17th Jan 2014

I had a great experience in this hostel. It's very well located and the staff is really friendly and helpful, especially Inés! La mejor y más linda! I'd definitely go back whenever I get the chance!

Hey Ivan!! Muchas gracias :) We are really glad you had a good time, hope to see you again when you're back in London. Happy travels!

Awesome stay at Museum. The staff went out of their way to help out with anything and everything, even booking me a taxi at 4am to get to the airport. Bathrooms and dorms were always spotless and location is unmatched - brilliantly central and close to Tube, Oxford St, supermarkets and directly opposite the amazing (free!) British Museum. Cosy, chilled lounge area and kitchen with free breakfast make this incredible value for central London. Staff are top notch - huge thanks to Jon and his team!

The ROOM 2 (first hostel) is really not good. I can't understand to pay the same price that my friends (second hostel) and to have these differences.

• 11th Jan 2014

This appeares to be a very safe part of town, and its easiness to find is probably the hostel's best part. Otherwise, although everything was very adequate with the place, it was entirely small, old, and unspectacular. I have found other hostels in London I would prefer, but I would not really mind going back here, either. It's entirely average with a great location and security.

I really liked staying at the AMI. Had tickets for the Donmar theatre in Covent Garden which is just a short walk away. Hostel directly across from the British Museum, Holborn station close. Great location. All staff was super nice, friendly, and helpful! Figured after my stay that it says in their email they strictly cater for age group 18-35 only. Well, I'm 36 and they still let me in. Would love to know why they have an age restriction coz I'd love to go back and stay with them.

Hey! We're glad you had an awesome time with us :) Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback as well, that's much appreciated!

Location is very good and i liked a lot the fact there is a place for the suitcase under the bed. What I didn't like is that the hostel was too hot (heating system) and my room was in the last floor (4th) and there is no lift. The rest was ok and I would recommend this hostel.

The location of this hostel is amazing. Right behind the British Museum, and so close to the main places of the city. The dormitories are OK, as well as the toilets and showers.

Shared Bathrooms could be more clean. Good environment for young travellers and very nice staff.

I've stayed at a few hostels in London, and it's easily my favorite. The location is perfect, being walking distance to all of the Central London attractions. It's clean and it's safe, though granted, I've yet to find any hostel in London that has the same community atmosphere that I've seen in Europe. Still, as a place to rest your head after a day of touring around London, this is the best deal around.