Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Everything is great about this place. I'd recommend it to anyone. However be aware that the rooms are very small (it's London after all). Also while taking a shower the water isn't always hot.

• 4th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay there...close to the Eiffel Tower, metro just around the corner, lots of shops and restaurants around....very clean place and nice staff

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Romania

The experience was great. The hostel was in an excellent part of town with easy access to both the underground and the buses. The staff was very friendly an easy to work with. The breakfast each morning was great and had a good variety of things to choose from. The beds were pretty comfortable. The only issue we had was it being a little noisy at night sometimes, both outside of our window and with other guests coming in late. Overall though, we had an excellent time and would come back again.

Wifi wasn't really working for us even when we spoke to the staff. The location was splendid, next to British Museum. They have two separate buildings, to have to talk to the staff, you would have to walk for a min to the other building. The place is near London St Pancras, Russel Street and Holborn Station. I would definitely go over back for a short while... recommend to get a phone number with data to use. overall isn't bad at all.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Singapore

The place was really well located. Staff was nice and helping. I was in a dorm and wasn't expecting a lot but there was only a small fan for the whole room and it was scorching hot. So sleeping was a bit hard. I know it's high season and that it's London, but I think the price was high for what we had, Breakfast was not particularly good.

Hot water is not hot enough

Lots of mold in showers. Frequently clogged toilets. Very poor selection of foods for breakfast and they often ran out of certain items like milk for the cereals. Not enough seats for breakfast, tiny canteen lots of people. I explicitly asked about lockers and they said they had them. Though when I got to our room you needed a padlock so had to walk back to the reception building to rent one. You can not pay them by card so make sure you have cash. The lockers are not safe at all.

Good price and location, especially for a London hostel! Conveniently right by Euston station and in a very safe area. We walked home alone at night and felt very safe. You have to be buzzed in which is great. Free breakfast is good. Beds are very comfortable. Conveniently they had converters and locks available for just a deposit, no charge. Towels were cheap. Private and large lockers. Staff were kind and helpful!

Friendly staff, beds were a bit squeaky, beware there isn't an elevator (it can be quite difficult to climb the stairs all the way to the fourth floor with heavy luggage).

Really good hostel. Very central location and five minutes walk from Holborn Station. The place was clean with a good kitchen and the bonus of free breakfast.

I've been backpacking solo for about 10 years now, and this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in: great location, very clean, and the staff were knowledgeable and friendly. Beds were comfortable and the hostel was quiet at night for solid sleep.

• 26th Jul 2015

Really loved staying at Astor Hostel- ideal city location, great staff, friendly & warm atmosphere. I'd recommend it to anyone, I've made some brilliant friends and got to see all the city sites without spending fortune- fantastic experience!

• 24th Jul 2015

Amazing hostel, the only place to stay in London. Spotlessly clean, super helpful and friendly staff, amazing facilities and perfect location. Would definitely stay again if I return to London.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel and the breakfast was really good value for money.the staff where really helpfully and the manager gave me good advise on places to go,the kitchen was really well equiped.the hostel is really well located and most places are walking distance away.Thank you Astor museum team

Astor Museum Inn is conveniently located, comfortable, reasonably priced, has great staff, fun but still laid back. The only downside is the bathrooms can get quite dodgy - clogged toilets, showers runnin out of hot water, one messed up light fixture... But overall, Astor is fantastic and a definite recommend!

• 21st Jul 2015

Very small bathroom facilities. Floor in the dorms and bathrooms could be cleaner.

Always a fantastic stay at Museum. Unbeatable location right by the awesome free British Museum and close to all public transport links and the best of Central London. Staff are unfailingly welcoming and ready to help out with any queries at all. Recent renovations have freshened up the lounge and bedrooms and the atmosphere is inviting and homey. Highly recommended!

Second stay at Astor Museum and great as the first time! Location is excellent and the staff is kind and helpful! I'd definitely recommend this place!

I arrived at the hostel very late and stayed one night. I left very early in the 2nd morning. So I can't judge a lot about the atmosphere. But the reception is nice. And the breakfast was good too. The location is close to the tube station.

This is a great hostel. Smaller, older but great. The staff is great, always there to help(24 hrs) and very nice. The beds are metal bunk beds that I thought would creek and move a lot but they don't, very solid. I love the under bed storage but the wheels squeak and can be very loud. They have events that you can be a part of every night. Kitchen, laundry. The room did get warm but only because the other people in the room kept closing the windows & off the fan. I was very happy there was a fan