Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great staff and awesome location! I was in the annex: rooms and beds were clean but a little wobbly on the top bunk, bathrooms were ok but not the cleanest. Renovations needed! The common space was small and well used and the annex doesn't have one, so this isn't the place to meet a lot of other travelers. For the same price, I've stayed in mix nicer, so the draw here is proximity to train station and British museum.

• 9th Nov 2014

Hi!! Thanks for your review, happy you had a nice stay!! we are working on the renewal of the annex. come and visit again! AM Team

Friendly staff, room was OK, great location!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Glad you had a nice stay!!Thanks for your review!! AM Team

My room was in an annex building, about 3 minutes away - no problem really, just a quick walk to breakfast. I had a twin room - basic bed that was a little soft for me. Kettle and brew kit, tick! Stacks of hot water in clean and tidy showers. Wifi in main building and annex. Kitchen was pretty good: big fridges for your own stuff and plenty of breakfast stuff included. Holborn location is handy on the tube Central Line. The hostel is in a nice area. **Staff were really friendly and helpful**

• 8th Nov 2014

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay! We are making the annex even better! come and visit again! Thanks for your review! AM Team

The staff (Byron) was extremely friendly and helpful in getting situated in the hostel. The location is great, the same block as the British Museum and not too far from the buses. Great plus that breakfast was included. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen as well as the lounge are a great size. Would definitely stay here again.

HI! Our staff is always ready to assist you!! Glad you enjoy your stay with us!! come visit again!! AM Team

Nice staff but the dorm rooms are tiny. Also if you're on the ground floor the only bathroom is right next to the reception desk (as in you have to walk through the tiny reception area). Not ideal or you have to go upstairs.

Hi!! We have very few small rooms if you come back you can ask to be allocated in a bigger room! Thanks for you review! AM Team

This was my first time staying in an Astor Hostel and it was quite enjoyable!! I will certainly recommend it to friends and if I end up back in London, will probably stay there again. Very helpful and friendly staff and one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 5th Nov 2014

Hi!! Glad we didn't disappointed you at your first time staying with us!!! Come visit again!!! AM team

Great value, excellent staff and location.

This was one of the least expensive hostels I could find in London so I was a bit concerned, but once I got there I realized it was incredible! It was in a phenomenal location (only minutes to any major site). The staff was wonderful and I always felt completely safe, which is really important to me since I travel by myself. Overall, it was great!

I stayed ten days in this hostel. The welcoming was very great. The team was so fun and really professional. I liked to live over there. But the facilities and equipments could be renovated in the room TV for example. But thanks to the team, that doesn't change the quality of my stay.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Need update and fresh refurbished each bathroom!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The code for the door got changed and we had no way of knowing since they put a notice in the room after we had already left for the day and that was incredibly awkward to come back to. Very mold covered bathroom and the shower felt really dirty and often was covered in pubic hair. Not a lot of outlets in the room and had a ridiculously loud cage under the bed to lock up my stuff in, also saw a mouse running around. Really great location though as it's close to the tube and lots of attractions.

Hi!! Staff is aloud in the dorms just during the cleaning shift, that's why the notice have been put after you left, we have a staff member at reception 24hours so i guess someone opened you up. Showers are getting repainted and being shared and in use almost all day is hard to keep them clear of hair. Run some water before you get in might help. We'll go through the cages and fix the noise where possible. Pest control is already in action.Thanks for your review! AM Team

Front Door cant close perfectly.

Hi! We fixed that issue with the door! Thanks for your review!! AM team

great hotels to be, very nice staff and good facilities

Hi!! We are happy you had a nice stay with us! Come back if you're around. ;) AM Team

Great value for money.

Hi!! thanks for your review!! See you next time! AM team

Hosts were absolutely lovely and super helpful. The place is very nice. Super close to everything, especially the thermes de spa. Loved my stay here. Clean, cosy and wonderful place to stay with welcoming and friendly hosts. Comfortable bed, delicious breakfast too.

• 18th Oct 2014

Hi!! Glad to read you had a nice stay, it was a pleasure to have you with us!! Come back whenever you want!! AM team

We spent two nights recently at Astor Museum, and we were woken up by more than one rodent under our beds (no food was present in the room.) When we told the front desk all they said was sorry. This proved to me that such happenings is common at this hostel. A budget hostel or not cleanliness should not be taken for granted. People are traveling great distances to reach London, it was a horrible way to be greeted. Also- 99% of places would comp for the night, not just say sorry.

• 17th Oct 2014

Hi! Unfortunately this kind of problem is common in the area and in historical buildings such ours. A pest control is already in action but it takes some time to actually do the job. When you visit next you'll probably find out that the problem as been cleared. AM Team

Staff was friendly and very helpful

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Hi!! We're always there if you need something!! Come visit again!!thanks for your review!!! AM Team

We booked a 4 bed room and it was perfectly fine. The staff was really friendly and helpful, central location, bright rooms, clean bathrooms and a nice atmosphere. Me and my friends would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there again the next time we visit London.

Hi!! glad to read you had a nice stay!! You're welcome anytime!!! Thanks for your review! AM Team

Really friendly and helpful staff. Good value for money.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hi!! Thanks for your review!! come visit again!! AM team

I had an amazing time in London staying at the museum inn hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was nice and organized.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Hi! Glad you had a nice stay and thanks for your review! AM team