Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great location and the staff were fantastic. It's a shame they let themselves down on cleanliness.

Really nice stay, welcoming staff. Perfect for some days in London. I will be back !

• 10th Jun 2014

BAD !! We booked one room of 8 beds because we were 8 guys. We chose this hostel because of we want stay between us. The booked room was only for us... At our arrival, the receptionist tell us that we will be devise in two rooms of 4 people, one in front of the other one... A little disappointment. When we went in the room they had 4 people in each rooms, so we were not alone... We had to wait approximately 2 hours. Only the boss has accepted to arrange the situation.

• 7th Jun 2014

The hostel is all right, but I would expect more for the price. The location is good. Simple breakfast (cereals, toasts and very sugary juice). Helpful and amiable staff.

The hostel itself was pretty normal compared to other hostels, nothing bad to say about it but nothing spectacular. What made me really like this hostel was the fact that they let me store my bag there for ten days for free after I stayed at the hostel while I traveled to other places outside of London, it was such an amazing service!

• 5th Jun 2014

While the hostel was extremely well located and quite clean, a MAJOR issue was the soundproofing of the room, or rather the lack of it. We were repeatedly woken up by guests in other rooms opening & closing their doors (believe us, the doors make a huge noise) and could quite clearly follow conversations of people around us. Another problem was that even though we had a sink in the room, the water was not drinkable.

I couldn't connect to the WIFI once I close the door of the room at first floor. Other than that, everything is great.

Absolutely loved the place. Chill atmosphere, really friendly and helpful staff, place was nice and clean, and they had a fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast. There's also a lounge room with movies to watch. No stresses at all here. Great location, good security. Overall AMAZING value for the money.

The location is good and the staff is very friendly. Include breakfast is good, although there is not much choose. But the facilities is not good enough. When i having a shower, the water suddenly stop. And the upper bed didn't have charging, it's very inconvenient.

• 28th May 2014
  • China

The staff was helpful and friendly, the beds were clean, the showers were hot and the location for museum-goers was pure gold.

Just a superb place. There for my tenth time.

Fairly good location - 5 mins walk from Russell Square. The guy on reception was nice when i checked in and so was another female on reception, but the staff cleaning the rooms were not friendly at all. They simply walked in and stared at us - no greeting or anything. Dont expect too much from the rooms - bare, basic furniture. Ok if you are just using it to crash at night. The lounge/common room was good except about four members of staff (or their friends) came in and filled it up.

Super great area to be in! Lots going on and the British museum is right there! Not the cleanest bathrooms and rooms but it's livable- just don't lie on the floor!

Great place, great staff. Feel like home every time I stay there. Good breakfast, location, beds. I totally recommend this hostel. Good experience if you are traveling alone. The staff is GREAT. Always willing to help you.

• 18th May 2014
  • Argentina

We enjoyed our stay there! Location is great, stuff is friendly, and rooms even though are a bit stuffy, they're nice. Bathrooms, in each floor, are clean with nice hot water. Kitchen is good. I'll choose to stay here again if I ever come back in London.

Great location, clean bathrooms, clean and big rooms, and superb location. Overall one great expiriance

• 16th May 2014
  • Croatia

Hostel benefiting from a great location. The bedroom and,bathrooms could have been cleaner though. A little bit noisy, walls are thin. However, we had a good,stay in,astor museum inn and i would not hesitate to come back. Pleasant staff and atmosphere added to the great location (in front of the british,museum) erased the,little drawbacks.

• 10th May 2014

Location fantastic, staff helpful when asked (really appreciated the guy who got WiFi on my phone!). I would only say that since they almost seemed to live there they talked a lot to each other about the plans they had that night, leaving me definitely feeling of place. BUT there was a cocktail night that I simply chose not to go to that would have probably been a great time to visit. I know they're trying their best to keep the place clean but the fridge was in need of a little TLC.

Bathrooms too small.... Impossible to habe a nice shower in the morning...less water

• 7th May 2014
  • Argentina

They were refurbishing the kitchen, so it was messy and hard to use, with a lot of dirty dishes. My two beds were in the same bunk, with the reservation papers in place for both of them. When I arrived back at the hostel at night there was someone sleeping in the bed of my girlfriend. Although we had the reservation papers in the bed, we had to share the same bed, resulting in a terrible night (really narrow bed). They refunded only one bed, but it took them at least 1 hour and half to do it.

• 1st May 2014