Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

I guess this hostel is average quality for UK, one important thing to note is that room Nº2 is way TOO SMALL. There's almost no space between the beds (causing too much hassle to open lockers without bothering other people in the room). I've seen other rooms and are not that small, guests should be warned about this upfront or at least be offered a cheaper rate!! PROS: Location (near Camdem, British Museum, Victoria Station). CONS: No hangers, no night lamp, ground floor toilet too narrow.

this place was great, staff was very helpful, even taking the time to help me order take out ( sorry I left it in the fridge!) great location to everything including the Underground and china town. The only thing I would fix would be a better ventilation system in the kitchen. I walked thru it to do laundry and when I walked out the clothes I was wearing reeked of onions and god knows what. maybe a fan?

Excellent location. Good wifi signal friendly staff

The kitchen facilities are good for travellers who cook. I made a lot of friends in the kitchen during cooking. That was lovely. The staff were occupying the kitchen and having parties during my stay. They seemed to pay small attention on their chores. The garbage can in the toilet of first floor were always full. The staff really needs to pay more attention on things beside drinking.

Great location!! Good breakfast and clean, definitly stay again.

• 7th Sep 2013

great location and rooms. not a lot of common space to meet people but great for sightseeing

The Astor Museum Inn was a great hostel. It was clean, ideally located for what I wanted (was in London in order to see a show in the West End), and was reasonably priced. It is located right next to the British Museum, and a short (maybe 15 minutes) walk from Leicester Square. I would happily stay at the Astor Museum Inn again!

I had a really great time at this hostel! Will definitely go back/recommend! Thank you!!

• 4th Sep 2013

The serive is quite good, but as for the facilities and size of the room, the price is a little bit high.

• 1st Sep 2013
  • China

The woman who checked us in was really friendly and informative. Unfortunately the rest of the staff are pretty unprofessional: we saw staff laying on clean beds; overheard them talking crudely about a female guest; and they pretty much use the whole place as their frat house. Wifi goes in and out, breakfast is super basic and washrooms are clean, but dingy. The location near the British Museum, university, parks and shops is great. A lot of long term guests stay here while they look for work.

I love this hostel!!! The staff are absolutely beautiful, in fact after just a 4 day stay we became friends and now go back to this hostel ever time I'm in London. The staff are helpful, it's an amazing location in the heart of London, the people are so much fun but on the nights I just wanted to chill out I was in no way inhibited by noise or anything. Excellent wifi connection and security. I recommend this hostel to everyone visiting London

It was first time to use hostel, I thought hostels are little dirty and dark. but not. just great. Friendly staffs, good lounge, warm atmosphere and nice travelers. if i go to london again, i would love to use astor again. i woulf recommend to friends too.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Japan

Perfect! Cheers. xx

Most the staff were excellent except the girl who was on when I checked in about 1am who didn't open the door when I buzzed and was generally unpleasant. Everyone else was super nice and I would have said excellent if not for her. Kitchen was good + a nice common area however the room was TINY. I had to throw my bag on the bed to get round the door and into the room. We barely had space for our bags. The showers need some serious work, they flooded after 3 minutes of use.

• 25th Aug 2013

A conversation and noise could be clearly heard in the same floor. Kitchen is not tidy. There is a smoking area neighboring to kitchen, which smells bad. Bed and mattress makes noise so much.

Wifi here was pretty dodgy. Didnt work very well. And the bathrooms were stinky and humid. They were clean they just need better ventilation. Fantastic location. Staff are really friendly

Nice place! Great location. BUT, I just felt like the staff who work to live there dominated the social areas too much, they kinda made me feel like I was invading their space.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

A good hostel that's close to Russell Square and the museum. The staff music in the morning was a little annoying but then at night they were great. Cheers

Great place, well located and cool people. I was on my own and this place made it nice to be there!

Negatives: Shower plughole was always blocked and shower water overflowed all the time. Staff that checked us in did not tell us anything about towel rental, locker padlock rental, hair dryer rental. We had to push them for answers re the facilities they provided. Carpets/floors in whole place were minging. Positives: Bed clothes soft/fresh. Bed comfy and sturdy the bunk beds were and great nights sleep. Liked the security of front door and auto close on the bedroom doors.

• 13th Aug 2013