Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Fantastic place with friendly and helpful staff. 10/10!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Nice staff. Decent beds, rooms and breakfast. Would go back. The poor rating on security is based solely on the luggage room - you are given a key and can then basically take whatever luggage you like.

Decent hostel, our dorm was in another building 2 minutes away, it isn't the best to take your breakfast ( kitchen in re other building) but it was really quite ! The location is great, just for this it's worth it ! I found it a bit expensive for what it is, but it's London...

• 18th Apr 2014

I love this hostel. Was my second time here. Location is great just next to the British Museum and the atmosphere is the best. Big rooms and nice breakfast. Could emprove cleanliness of bathrooms a little. But overall I would definitely recommend it! I'll come back for sure.

The location is great! But nothing more then this. We stayed for 3 nigth on a private room, first negative point for me, this rooms are not located on the hostel building. So you need to go every day on the main building if you would like to have breakfast. The bathrooms are located on the ground floor and in the basement, and it was not so clean and it was without water in one day,The room cleanliness was ok, for poor. I did not recommend.

Nice and affordable hostel in London. The staff is very friendly and will help you out however they can. The kitchen is a bit small but enough to cook and eat.

Stayed here for one night after a gig in London. Private rooms are in a separate building around the corner from the main building, nice and quiet at night. Great location right next to the British museum, approx 10 mins walk from Holborn tube station and about 25 mins walk to Kings Cross / St Pancras. Would stay again.

• 12th Apr 2014

The Staff was very friendly and i loved the living room where everyone was sitting, watching movies and it was the place where i connected with other people. And of course it was great that they had free wi-fi! :D

Great location, friendly staff and kind guests. Clear beds and toilets and it really deserves it is really cheap if u books a bit early. I will stay there again

THe staff were unprofessional and seemd to lack the relevant hostel management skills.

• 11th Apr 2014

location is good , really easy to go around . However , the room is smaller than I expected . and it will be easier to have a PW lock instead of bringing keys all around when going in and out .

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

great quite stay in building across the road from main hostel. Staff really friendly and happy to help 24/7. Only negative is 2 plug sockets in room for 6 people,,,not good if you want to charge phone and have alarm on it...wakes everyone up as you scrabble from top bunk to get up and turn it off. great easy location and amazing value esp the area its in.

Great hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is familial and you can easily make friends. The location is absolutely perfect. You can reach all over London on foot the location is so central. Saved me money I thought I had to spend using the underground. It is a social hostel. Not a raging party hostel though. Head down to the kitchen on any night and you're sure to find someone doing something interesting and happy to have you come along. It is now my go-to London hostel.

• 6th Apr 2014

Great location. We met a lot of really great interesting nice people but it's a super social group which means people were up drinking with loud music until pretty late every night. Didn't bother us too much bc we were so exhausted we could've spelt through anything but if that's not your scene then it might not be the best for you. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Basically the perfect hostel experience minus the noise.

• 5th Apr 2014

Was very good! Thank you for everything!!

• 2nd Apr 2014

I was staying at Astor Museum Inn for a week and the stay was very pleasant. Nothing to complain about. Especially the location is superb! I highly recommend this hostel to any backpacker visiting London even for a longer time than a couple of days.

I had a wonderful stay here! Amazing location, plus clean bathrooms and comfortable beds by hostel standards. Staff was super friendly and helpful. More outlets in the dorms would be great, but I understand that the charm of old buildings comes with a cost. Would definitely come back, next time with more time just to hang out!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • morningfine
  • Finland

Very much enjoyed my stay here! Rooms, showers and kitchen were clean and more spacious than I'm used to from hostels, staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was fine and complimentary tea/coffee/biscuits a very nice touch. And the location is perfect (even more so if you're planning on watching some musical theatre). Would definitely come back!

At crawling distance to the British museum in a nice area of London - good vibe in the hostel. Decent kitchen and beds. Attentive staff. One thing I didn't like was the smoking area they had next to the kitchen, thought that was a bit unsavoury. Good marks over-all.

What a lovely hostel! One of the best I´ve stayed at so far! Super friendly staff, decent free breakfast, nice rooms, okay bathrooms... and all that for a really fair price (for London standards)! Only tiny minus: I couldn´t find a place where to plug in my hair dryer and dry my hair :D

• 25th Mar 2014