Auberge de Jeunesse Maeva Quebec Reviews

671 Rue Saint-Francois, Quebec, Canada

I totally recommand the hostel. Every morning the owner makes fresh snd tasty pancakes. He also gave us good advices for our road trip. The atmosphere is also great, you can watch a movie together in the evening or have barbecue in the courtyard. Everything was clean. If you want to meet bew people in a great atmosphere, then this is the right hostel.

• 20th Aug 2015

The breakfast was good, toast and pancakes. The all female room was spotless and really comfy with its own bathroom. It is quite a walk into the main town centre but quick to get to the harbour front. The kitchen was quite old and dirty and the fridge was a joke as small and full of (probably old) stuff. Other guests were really noisy when I was there as there is a patio out back.

Highly recommended hostel!!! Really friendly place to stay and to try the best pancakes!! The best kind of hostel if you are travelling alone. Thank you for everything !!!!

GOOD PLACE! But, it was little bit inconvenient when using bathroom. The bathroom is in each room, so we have to wait when we want to use it. 8 people in the same room, and we have to be quiet when we came back at late time.. I mean really be quiet, cuz people are sleeping in the room which has a bathroom in it. I think shared bathroom outta each room is better, but it was clean and good place!

This place was in a great location and the facilities were good. Breakfast was a good bonus too, and it's certainly affordable. However I felt the guy who ran the place was really inappropriate and made me feel a little uncomfortable. And the lady shouted at us randomly while we were in the kitchen, and there was nowhere safe to store my luggage so it was left in the kitchen all day. Overall fine but not he best.

WIFI IS TERRIBLE!!! THE WORST STAFF I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! NOT POLITE AND RUDE!!!! BREAKFAST IS NOT GOOD AND SO POOR, NOT AIR CONDIC IN ROOMS!!! VERY BAD LOCATION! NOT CLEAN!!!!!

Staff were very friendly, and although I tried to impersonate Bruce Lee, we did not come to Kung Foo killings

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

It was in general a very pleasant stay. It would have been nicer if showers and toilet would be in separate rooms.

• 6th Aug 2015

It's cheap in comparison to other places in Quebec City, but do not expect much.

• 29th Jul 2015

Maeva hostel was a great place to stay! I stayed in the girls dorm for 4 nights while in town for a juggling convention. Everything was very clean. Hostel owner was friendly and made pancakes, toast, and coffee each morning. We used the kitchen area for other meals as well, lots of cooking pans and utensils available for use. If you want to lock anything up while you're out, there are lockers in the room -- but be sure to bring your own lock! Definitely recommend this hostel!

This was a wonderful experience.

• 10th Jul 2015

The location was great, the space was clean, and the staff were wonderful! The only thing that was hard was that it was hot and they didn't have fans to use. I think that would have helped quite a bit, mainly when we were in for the evening and wanted to sleep.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Nice hostel friendly stuff. Kitchen could be cleaner and more than one bathroom for a 13 bed dorm would be allright. But good location and value for money with breakfast included.

Perhaps the best part of my stay at Auberge Maeva was the helpful staff. He was very accommodating and even made pancakes for all in the morning! Overall a pretty good stay.

Very clean place. Incredibly friendly staff . he made us pancakes for breakfast :-) Location close to the upper town. I would go there again!

• 25th Jun 2015

The sttaff was so friendly. I enjoyed talking him. And The pan cake which the staff made for us was so good:). I ate 2,3 pan cakes every morning.

20 mins walk from rue St-Jean, uphill. Basic accommodation at a good price. Friendly staff.

• 22nd Jun 2015

The hostel is located downtown-like so almost every attraction in the old town is located in a walking distance from it. The staff is really nice and they are willing to help you out with anything wich is very cool since you can get around the city a lot easier with their help. It was a really nice stay. The only thing I didn't like is the sheets and the fact that the beds weren't as clean as I expected, but in general it had hot showers and a nice breakfast, so that's cool.

Very friendly and helpfull staff. The location was good and the private room was clean and comfortable. The showers and toilets were also clean. The kitchen and living room looked like you could have some good times there. Nice atmosphere. I would recommend the place, but there were a few down sides which I should mention. It did look like it would be easy to break into and entering the hostel we noticed it was a bit smelly, also the coffee machine in the kitchen looked greasy.

• 13th Jun 2015

This is a great hostel. It is very clean, the room was spacious, bed were comfortable and the people who stayed there very friendly. Carine is very sweet and helpful, moreover, breakfast and internet are included. I highly recommend this hostel.It is a short walk from the old town and th train and bus station. Lots of eating places nearby. Fantastic place!