Auberge de Jeunesse Maeva Quebec Reviews

671 Rue Saint-Francois, Quebec, Canada

In general the hostel is good, I'll give it 75 over 100, the bathroom and the room were clean and in good conditions.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

What a great place to stay. The owner is a fantastic guy that makes you feel like family and like you're almost at home.

• 17th Nov 2014

old beds, sheets were not clean, bathroom was ok. breakfast ok, you just have to wait for a free seat as there is not enough space for everyone. hostel boss veery unfriendly, not respectful especially towards women.

• 7th Nov 2014

Spacious dorm and nice breakfast!

The thing that I did not like was that they only accept cash for payment.

good hostel

Rooms need fans for when the weather gets hot (it was almost 80 degrees--very unpleasant at night even with windows open). Only takes cash up front in full. Common area was small and too crowded during breakfast hours. Just an OK place. Nothing outstanding.

Very friendly staff. Offered to watch my bag as I traveled Quebec city also gave me suggestions as to where to go.

• 18th Sep 2014

Owner was open friendly,made you feel right at home .Lots of lovely people stayed there ,all mixed talked great atmosphere

Not my best experience in a hostel but not even the worst. A quite good position from the old city and the parliament hill. Free breakfast, the entrance door is always locked but you have the key (a plus for the security). It can works for a couple of nights in Quebec City. Our room was really a female dorm.

The location is outside the old town, however it is an easy 10-15 minute walk past the train station and market. We really enjoyed staying outside of the crowded old town. The location was close to bars and restaurants. Highly recommended.

Fun place to stay with tonnes of stuff to do nearby. The guy who runs the place is great value and made pancakes each morning.

The place is nice and the atmosphere was good. Be careful about check-in hours: You might need to pay an additional fee if you want to check in after 9pm!

Nice place to stay and generally close to many places of Old Québec. The breakfast is simple and includes only coffee (no juices). Only one guy was working, so he might have been very busy during our stay and this may have been the cause for him not to treat us so comfortably. There are many staircases, so be prepared. It is a good hostel in the overall.

We arrived at 10pm after a very long journey in the rain to find that check in had "closed" at 9pm and there was no one around so we had to stay elsewhere. Deposit wasted. We had been driving around for 1hour trying to park and getting lost in one way streets around the hostel so we may have made it otherwise! There was nothing to say on the booking that we had to arrive at a particular time so not pleased. Parking is a nightmare around hostel and the area isnt nice, not like description.

The Wi-fi didn't work in the rooms, so you had to go to the common room to use it, which was pretty small. The rooms were really hot, and there was no air conditioning or fan. But it was a good price, close to a supermarket and a short walk to the fort and into Old Quebec!

they need fans in the dorm

• 30th Jun 2014

It was very hot. No AC is understandable, since its a hostel, but no fan, made it worse to get a good sleep. Although they provided us the sheets, but they seemed old and dirty. Its not a very short walk from the downtown Quebec city. I asked the staff to tell me the way to downtown, and he said he doesn't know because he had been there only once. The staff is polite and nice though, despite of the fact they didn't know things.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

When I booked in Australia I had no idea that it was located in the old city. Location, value for money was fantastic and I will recommend to family and friends.

Lock your door. Clean your kitchen every day. Fix your toilet every day.

Wash your mouth every day,bad experience right!! 4 nights,why wait so long !!! After the 1st night,if so bad,,you should have gone already!!