Auberge de Jeunesse Maeva Quebec Reviews

671 Rue Saint-Francois, Quebec, Canada

It was somewhat cold when sleeping. Other things were great.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • South Korea

We were very happy with the location and the accommodation. The room was nice and clean, as were the facilities. The hostel exceeded our expectations, especially considering the reasonable price. We also enjoyed the friendly staff, and had some great conversations over a humble yet pleasant breakfast - a bonus! We will definitely come back to this hostel upon our next visit to Quebec City! Thank you so much, Roberto!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Nice hostel and friendly staff. We got a free upgrade in our room, could check in 2 hours earlier and the room had it's own bathroom. The free breakfast included was also a welcome surprise.

The hostel has all the basics for a short decent stay. Fairly clean, good matrasses and good bathroom. I did not care for the building/kitchen/rooms much. It's old and doesnt really have a good atmosphere. My room was next to the kitchen, which creates a lot of noise (not past 12 tho). Overall good hostel and owner was nice, but I would choose another one next time.

I liked the location and especiallt the breakfast - free pancakes in the morning is a dream :). However, I would say the common/breakfast room could be a big bigger because there are a lot of travellers. Anyways it's a good value for money and I would stay again.

Nice location, price and breakfast. The room was not very clean, with dust over objects, and the two buildings connnected by a porch is tricky during cold seasons, as one cant reach the kitchen without fully dressing up.

• 26th Nov 2015

Great place! Really enjoyed my stay. Will definitely recommend you to all my friends.

The owner was a funny guy and super friendly. Had a good time and met some nice people. Definitely worth the money.

Good location- very accessible to all parts of Quebec City. Free breakfast of a morning with great, profound chats with the owner, Roberto- he's a cool dude

I found it very disturbing that the manager kept complaining that there are too many germans in his hostel and that all his guests are still "babies". Maybe he assumed we would not understand him as he was speaking french but I did and I thought it was very, very unappropriate. Apart from that, the hostel was okay and worth the money.

Reasonable priced hostel in an interesting part of the town. Not in old town though. Room had an odd smell but was clean. Altogether a decent choice.

You fell like living in a big family. It's so lovely!

• 7th Oct 2015

Nice hostel with a very dedicated owner. Very helpful (and baking pancakes in the morning if you're lucky). Simple, but good breakfast. For parties or meeting lots of people, go to another hostel, but this one will definitely do for a nice and more quiet stay. Would definitely recommend.

I would say i love to stay here. The staff is very friendly.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Vietnam

A basic hostel, nothing too fancy. The street it was on was less-than-stellar, but it was really close to downtown. The staff was efficient. No pancakes like the other reviewers claimed.

Very good place ! Clean, breakfast included and close to Saint Jean street and upper town. The owner is very friendly and she will give all advices you need. You can't find a better place for this price.

Very relaxed! Good deal and near to everything worth seeing without having to be in the middle of the flock of obnoxious tourists and inflated prices.

host has visited my room twice even he didn't knock..was too embarrassed..

• 4th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

It's the best place to be, when you are looking for a cozy place. We felt like home, because the atmosphere was really great. You can have a nice talk with the owner of the Hostel. He is friendly and open-minded! He can give you a lot of recommandations for travelling in Canada. It's is also good place to meet people!

The owner of the hostel is very rude and unfriendly. The hostel is in a great location, quick walk to old town!

• 24th Aug 2015