Auberge de jeunesse-Éthic Étapes Concarneau Reviews

Quai de la croix, Concarneau, France

The hostel is right in front of the sea, and it has a nice terrace (though it's on the ground floor and not elevated like it seems in the picture). We were in a six beds room ensuite, and I think one additional toilet outside the room could have been useful, since it was a little difficult getting ready in the morning (and the alternative was going outside, down a staircase and then into the common lunch room). The kitchen is small but well equipped, with windows overlooking the sea.

The hostel is about 5-10 mins walking from the old city and the bus station to Rosponden. You can feel the see rigt outside your window. The owner was nice and sympathetic. We arrived lated at night (23:00), she had left at that time. However she was willing to come back for us when I called her. There was a guy in our room who snoozed so hard that I could barely sleep both nights. And you have to pay an extra fee for the Hihostel card (around 7e)

This place was excellent! It was my first time staying in a hostel and the staff were all very helpful and welcoming. My French was nut the greatest, but that ended up not being an issue. The location of the hostel with the waves right outside my window was amazing, exactly the kind of atmosphere I needed.

• 29th Jun 2014