Aylen-Aike Hostel Reviews

Trevisan 125, El Chalten, Argentina

By far, the best hostel in Chalten. Excelent facilities, comfortable rooms, nice and friendly atmosphere, very well equiped kitchen, amazing view of the rio de las vueltas valley. My congratulations for Sebastian and her wife for their work!!

Nice hostel run very caringly by the owner Sebastian. He has a wealth of knowledge in the local area. Had a great sleep, everything was very clean (Sebastian was constantly cleaning and tidying). Good hot showers, we'll equipped kitchen. Very friendly relaxed atmosphere, would stay here again.

This was a fun place to stay in El Chalten, close to all the main features in town and with a lovely viewpoint. The owner is hilarious, you're on to a winner here if you're a rock and roll fan. The wifi supposedly exists but I don't think we found a connection the entire time we were there! It was quite a welcome time out though. I'd stay here again.

You have to know what you get: even for a hostel it's very basic, no breakfast, no wifi (which is probably more a problem of El Chalten), no bathroom in the rooms. Stil the place has its own charme, you get easily connected to people, the owner helps you with the tours if you want.

Wonderful hostel. Seba is a great host and happy to change my booking for buss and camping etc. Thanks for a great stay!

Decent hostel, very clean and it was nice they gave you towels. Showers were awesome, wifi sucked and was almost non existent. The only other thing I thought this hostel could improve on is for a credit card payment method instead of cash only which was an inconvenience.

Everything was great. Sebastian the owner is so helpful and kind, even helping us to plan our hiking routes. Lots of space for cooking and hanging out. Smaller hostel so not tons of people or noise but still plenty of new friends to encounter. A great experience.

Wonderful owner which makes sure there's a good vibe in the hostel. He always plays good music. He also continuously keeps the kitchen clean. It's not like other hostels where you may have to suffer from unthoughtful, lazy guests who leave unwashed dishes after themselves. The toilets are kept very clean. A bit costy, though, and the Internet is bad - but it's bad in all Chatén so it's not the hostel's fault.

Great host! You feel at home straigt away. Always awesome rock concerts on TV in the living room. Hope to come back soon.

The WIFI rarely works. The problem is in the router, a new router can do much better. The hot water is great and the kitchen has all the required equipment. It is difficult to find the hostel when arriving to El Chilten.

Hostel is clean with nice bed and kitchen. Owner Sebastian is always making sure the place is clean. Location wise, it's abit of distance from the start of Lag Torre and Lag de los tres so be prepared, especially after a long day's hike. 5 min walk from bus terminal. Internet connection is not good (only accessible at common areas and is intermittent) but supposedly it's the same throughout the whole town. Still highly recommend for a value stay!

This was probably the best hostel we have stayed in so far in Argentina, Sebastian is a great host and is incredibly helpful. The place is really clean and tidy with a great atmosphere, we actually stayed another couple of days just because we liked it so much here. If you like Metal music you'll love it, they have an awesome collection of live dvds to dig through on your time off from hiking. I really can't recommend this hostel enough!

The owner was very very helpful when we almost missed the bus back to El Calafate. The room was somewhat small especially when you travel in big group and need to use the space at the same time. The internet connection was not perfect but I guess it's everywhere in El Chalten. Anyway, we love the owner!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. I was here for Christmas and it was great. The owner, Sebastian, is a character in a good way. He is very friendly and always in the hostel to make sure things are clean and going well. He had great suggestions about hiking and also lots of DVDs for rainy/snowy days of which we had a few while I was there. The kitchen was great and well stocked. The internet is bad, but that's normal in El Chalten. Overall, I loved it and would love to stay again!

Super fun hostel with a great owner/host who is super helpful and funny. Loved my stay there. When they were full, he was still accommodating.

I had a wonderful time in this atmospheric cosy hostel. Great social area, relaxed atmosphere and clean. Plus: I saw a lot of good music videos there. Sebastian is a great and funny guy: always around: joking, helping, cleaning, making fire in the chimney...gracias!

Amazingly clean hostel, comfy beds, large comfortable rooms with lockers. Kitchen perfect for number of guests. Movies or music videos always playing in the lounge which gave the hostel a chilled atmosphere. Great place to hang out for a few days and relax after hiking or climbing!

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere, comfortable beds, hot showers, very clean and very accommodating staff.

Really nice hostel, great atmosphere & easy to meet other travellers. Excellent location as all the hikes in el Chalten are based in the town centre so very easy to get to. Nice bakery round the corner. Sebastian is very approachable & friendly. The hostel is very clean. The kitchen can sometimes get a bit manic to cook at dinner!

The hostel was very clean and well located in the center of the town. As it is quite small, it has a friendly atmosphere in the living room downstairs. Wifi was not working most of the time - but we've been told it is a general issue in El Chalten.