Aylen-Aike Hostel Reviews

Trevisan 125, El Chalten, Argentina

We had a great time in Aylen-Aike. Sebastian, the owner of the hostel, helped us with our hiking plans and was fun to hang out with. The hostel has a good atmosphere and it's easy to meet people. Showers are good, especially the downstairs one (best shower on our trip so far!!) and clean rooms.

Sebastian received us and explained everything about the hikes. He made us feel at home! The hostel is close to everything: bus terminal, restaurants and the entrance of the main hikes

Perfect hostel for staying in ElChalten. Very cosy!

This is a good hostel. I suggest they put step ladders to the tops bunks. Appart from that all is good.

Great place to stay in el chalten, near the bus station and treks. Sebastian is lovely too...probably the most laid back guy I've ever met!

Great little hostel - clean and nicely fitted with friendly staff and other patrons.

I had a really nice stay here. Great location. Super close to a super market and everything you'll need in town. Would be nice to have breakfast included but es la vida.

Mainly a trek town and this hostel had everything you needed to know for trekking. Seb was a cool dude and encouraged you to be active. Lockers are poor but showers are good. Close-knit vibe with great eateries just down the street. Would stay again.

Nice atmosphere, great view and comfy beds. Sebas' rock collection must be mentioned, of course! Perfect environment for backpackers traveling alone to meet and go hiking / have some wine and a tasty meal at night.

One of the best places I have ever stayed!

Sebastian is a great host. He does like an orderly house, and is always busy cleaning. He understands and speaks English, so that helps non-Spanish speakers like myself. I had a great time with the backpackers that were there at the time I was. We got loud, played cards in the lounge, and hiked together. Sebastian got along well with all of us. My only knock about the place was that the front door does not get locked, and there were not enough lockers in the bedroom I was in.

Great hostel. Nice warm showers. Location is nice and close to a beautiful river. Great selection of movies to choose from, perfect for a rainy day. Had a night bus and was able to chill all day at the hostel till I caught my buss for no extra charge. Nice kitchen with plenty of tables and chairs. Nice grass spot out front to relax on during sunny days. Extremely clean and always being cleaned. Stay at this hostel if you want to have a great time. Thanks hostel Aylen Aike for a great stay.

I was impressed by the quality of this hostel. It is so so clean everywhere, the beds are comfortable, and the bedrooms are separated from the common area so when you close the door, you can go to sleep. The owner is very friendly and chill. The hostel also has a big movie and wine collection, hand soap and lotion, free towel... one of the best hostels I have stayed in!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • China

Small well-kept hostel with hot showers and nice communal areas. We met lovely people here. It's close to the supermarket, restaurants and trails. Only downside was no breakfast but we managed to make our own. I'd stay here again!

Fantastic stay here. Great atmosphere and cool host.

Cute cozy hostel in a fabulous mountain town. A great place to meet other climbers or hikers. The wifi did not work here (or anywhere in El Chalten) but the showers was fantastic.

• 3rd Mar 2015

A lot of the cutlery, cups, were cracked and not clean. Ventilation not great in room

Sebastian was a great host. Full of advice and very helpful with booking any trips you require. Place was very clean and has a decent size kitchen. Beds were sensational after a big day of hiking. Wi-fi is average. Small comfortable homely atmosphere, which is nice to relax in. Huge selection of movies and music vids to relax and watch after a long day.

Great hostel, really good atmosphere. The owner (Sam I think) is a great guy. Stay here!

Excelent hostel. It was the cleanest we've stayed during our trip, specially the rooms: they are cleaned everyday at 10 am and are kept very organized. The owner, Seba, is a very nice guy and is always accessible whenever you need. The living room and the kitchen have a nice structure and are very spacious. There are lots of DVDs for those who want to watch movies or shows.