Ayutthaya Place Youth Hostel Reviews

7 Moo 2, Rojana Rd. (Predeepanomyong Rd.), Pranakorn Sri Autthaya Distr., Ayutthaya, Thailand

this is a beautiful place to stay. the ac works. the rooms are individual. really nice place to stay. slightly out of the way but the city is tiny so we walked to the train station within ten minutes. my advice coming from Bangkok. get to the city early. do the sights and get the evening train to Lapburi. loads of great j hostels within 3min walk frontrain station. then do the monkeys and get mid day train north. just our suggestion as were short on time and lost a day practically

Good simple hostel. Inclusion of breakfast and water each day really appreciated. Would recommend.

• 8th May 2015

LOVED this hostel. Really helpful and super great staff! Do with the AC would have worked though ):

This hostel was great. The staff was wonderful. They helped us book tok toks and gave my brother and great direction and advice as to which temples were great to visit. The room was clean and came with a towel. We also decided to pay the extra 100 baht for air con, which is super worth it. We checked out in the morning and were able to leave our backpacks there all day while we ventured out. The breakfast was pretty basic, a hot dog (sausage) and hard boil egg. It is a good pre-day snack.

Pretty basic hostel and not alot of opportunities to meet people - Ayutthaya is a pretty quiet place generally so not great for social life and definitely not for nights out. Hostel guy was nice and arranged a cheap boat tour of the bigger temples which i would recommend. No air con though - just a fan so gets pretty hot at night. Also had no toilet roll but everything else was fine enough. Breakfast if toast and an egg is also included

Brilliant place of you want to sleep somewhere with a bit of personality :) our place was a shack outside, it was cool but got to get use to the animals and noises. Also no aircon! Would stay here again!

Staff (only saw one person) not so much unfriendly as seemingly uninterested. Didnt really feel welcome. Room was clean and fine but I think it was a bit overprised (the fan left a burned smell in the room). I was able to shower in the personels bathroom after checking out (I left late in the afternoon and it was incredibly hot) that was nice although it didnt seem like they appriciated me asking. Fine for a night but I would stay somewhere else next time.

Walkable distance from the train station (the bus station is more than 6km away). Watch out for the mosquitos, but besides that it's ok. In Ayutthaya there isn't much hostel choice, but compare to other (non-touristic places) is more expensive, especially if you take in considerations the facilities. in the end was a good/regular stay. (hard mattresses, as usual in low budget Thailand)

The owner was as much help as a tour guide, really helped locate points of interest for us. Breakfast was included and the hostel was a 10 min walk from the centre containing the ancient temples. Clean hostel and would have plenty more guests if it was situated in a more tourist location I.e Bangkok

The owner is so nice, and the place is very peaceful compared to the surrounding area. Great location!

Ants, Geckos, Spiders, the Beds were uncomfortable and some horrific sounds which made us wake up. I wouldn't recommend it, if you have other options.

• 8th Jan 2015