BCC Loch Ness Hostel Reviews

Glen Urquhart, Loch Ness, Loch Ness, Scotland

Very nice welcome. Hostel located in beautiful area. On the downside the walls are thin so if somebody talks or watches tv next door it is difficult or impossible to sleep. There are some issues (like bedsheets, pillows, soapdispensers) that could be improved but after all it is a hostel so that is to be expected.

• 10th Oct 2015

Actually we didn't stay in hostel but ended up in the cottage which was fantastic...if I lived in Scotland would book a week

Very impressed with room size and facilities. I booked a Deluxe Twin Ensuite which I suppose could have passed as a family room with the sofa included. Great for £20 per person per night. Located right off the main road and well signposted. A fantastic location if you want to get away from it all. Good cooking facilities in the kitchen with all plates, cups, cutlery etc provided. Tip: stop in Inverness to get your groceries first, didn't see any shops around the area where the hostel.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Wales

Booking did not go through and there were no rooms available.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

We didn't gez our booked room and the staff let us wait for half an hour until 10 pm. Than he told us we are 2 min to late, so he don't have our room any more. Very unfriendly and disappointing stay!!! Never again!

• 11th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Room was clean and tidy on arrival. Facilities good, en suite was spacious. Ideal for most groups of people though it is remote so not good if you don't drive. great as a base for walkers, cyclists etc. area is quiet though noise travels through the walls. I felt it was good value. Communal kitchen and dining area is separate from rooms, okay if weather good but could be a problem if you're having to walk to and from in wet weather. Kitchen facilities good.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

My boyfriend and I booked a "private room" for a few pounds more and instead of receiving a double bed or even two singles ( usually specified if twin single though), we got given a dorm room with 6 bunk beds.... and just told that no one would share it with us because apparently "they always give everyone their own room because theres only one set of keys". If I had've known I would've saved my money and booked a dorm room....

Staying in BCC has been my worst experience ever!! The hosts were highly unfriendly, abusive and desrespective. Although the house was good, yet the infrastructure was highly fragile. The structure was so weak that while having a bath in the tub, apparently water started leaking from somewhere which flooded the lower floors as water started dripping from floor of the bathroom onto the lower floor through the ceiling. Speaking of which, although it was not our fault, and much more.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 18-24

An excellent hostel, fantastic value with everything brand new at the time of writing. I will definitely go back! All the "bunks" are on the ground, so no need to climb to an upper one, and the small rooms have their own en suite and shower facilities. The kitchen and lounge are close by, but in a different building (which could be a problem if it is raining). I strongly recommend booking directly with the hostel as my on-line booking through hostelworld said the hostel was full when it wasn't.

• 1st Sep 2015