Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto

9.2
Superb 9239 Total Reviews

• Vietnam, Female, 31-40
6th Aug 2017

A wonderful place to stay for backpackers :)))

5th Aug 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was a little surprised by how much of a hotel/dorm vibe there was, but it was very practical, safe, & reliable. Everything was clean, & I wish I had checked out the common spaces on the 2nd floor earlier, because they're so nice! I really appreciated the bike rental - I was able to see way more of Kyoto than I would have walking. The standout was definitely when I got back soaking wet from a thunderstorm and the staff took such good care of me!! So considerate.

1st Aug 2017

Great place to stay. Clean and comfortable. The big lockers are nice. I only wish there were curtains on the beds, but otherwise great!

• Malaysia, Male, 31-40
31st Jul 2017

the bike rental was a life savior. highly recommend to any backpackers

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
27th Jul 2017

Bunks provided but no curtains for privacy/light blocking. Overall, very pleased with my stay here.

26th Jul 2017

We had a great time at this Hostel! The facilities were great and there was lots of space to hang out and unwind. Reception offers lots of things (i.e. Padlocks, DVD rentals, etc.) in exchange for a ¥1,000 damage deposit which is refunded so long as you bring the goods back. This was greatly appreciated. The Zen Cafe is also an amazing feature of this Hostel... I cannot recommend them enough! The western style breakfast is very reasonably priced and the food is generally delicious.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Jul 2017

Great hostel - 12min walk from the train station but all flat. 5min walk to nearest subway station. Great bar/cafe with cheap easy food. I was in a twin room which was perfect size for one, might have been a bit small for 2 people. Tidy bathrooms and shower rooms (but well in need of an update). Great common room and big kitchen, with multiple sinks and stove tops. Overall a really wonderful hostel, would happily stay again and recommend to others.

24th Jul 2017

This place isn't bad. Only thing I REALLY ding this place for is the humidity in the hallway, shower, and bathrooms. When you come out of the shower everything is moist. Room was always humid/hot even though I turned on the AC with the switch. I then realized later at another hostel there's button on the AC machine, don't think anyone in the room realized that? So I can't ding them for me not knowing how to turn it on (come from a place where AC isn't necessary~) Bed shakes when top person moves

23rd Jul 2017

Great hostel. Family friendly and helpful staff. For 500 Yen you can have unlimited coffee + tea + a reasonable breakfast. Kudos to the South American/Japanese bartender for the great tips and insight into Japanese culture! Bike hire on site- highly recommended for getting around in Kyoto.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jul 2017

Nice hostel. Very big. Nice bar. Cheap decent western style breakfast. Nice and close to Kyoto main station