Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Great hostel! I like the style and all the information provided, very nice! All the facilities were good, like a safe for your shoes, lots of couches in the lounge etc. And it was very convinient that there was a cafe next to it, ideal for a good breakfast or a drink at night after a whole day in the city.

Pretty good location (fairly close to Kyoto Station and Shichijo); Pretty good atmosphere for such a large hostel; LOVE the all you can eat bfast buffet (about $6 USD); my only real complaint is that the guest rooms were HOT. They have wall AC units, and I tried to adjust them temp, but could never seem to get it to cool off.

Wonderful place! The kitchen, the staff, the rooms, the bathroom, everything.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Staffs are very nice and helping minded.

My only problem was that someone took my umbrella, I left it ouside so that I wouldn't bring the drips in and when i got back the umbrella was gone. Perhaps there needs to be a second clearly labelled stand for non hostel umbrellas so they don't take personal umbrellas, it was very annoying as I got very wet and had to purchase another umbrella.

Staff speak English well and are helpful. Lots of information available. The hostel is located close enough to the train station and is on a bus route. Good, clean facilities. Private double room was very small, but most places are in Japan. Good value for money - probably as cheap as you will find. If you want to meet other travellers,it also looks good from that point of view. The bar is a nice place to hang out. If you are not staying in a traditional guest house,then I recommend this hostel.

Good location and a very busy hostel. Well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful and there was lots of useful information available.

• 12th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. We stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm. The beds were really comfy, the common area was super nice and location was fantastic. Probably one of the cleaning hostels I've stayed in.

Excellent facilities with fantastic staffs, they know about the areas and made many good suggestions. Highly recommend this hostel, very clean. Only wish they would install hooks inside the shower room to hang towel.

Ok dudes, great job running this hostel! I've been backpacking and traveling for over 7 years now and I can easily say this is one of the best hostels I've been at and thus far certainly the best in Japan. Keep it real!

Everything was pretty good in general, however we got ourselves a room that was dusty. Each time we spent our night, we sneezed, coughed and our noses were runny. We informed the staff and they re-cleaned the room and replaced the linen. It improved a lot but we still inhaled particles in our throats and noses, so we were not sure where it came from.

• 11th Apr 2015

Certainly one of the best place I stayed while traveling South Asia for 100 days. ( 32 different stays... ) Thanks. I'll certainly checkin on my next trip to Kyoto.

The hostel is very organized and the staff are incredibly helpful. Bus passes are sold at the hostel which is very convenient. In the dorms the lockers are massive and an elevator gives easy access with your bags. We also stayed in a private room which could definitely use more power outlets and was much less spacious than our dorms. Lots of common areas to hangout and meet people. Would definitely stay here again.

I can't recommend K's house hostels enough! This was my favourite of the 3 I stayed in. It is a big hostel with excellent facilities. So clean!!! The staff were great, very helpful and willing to give their time to help us plan out our days and let us know what train/buses to catch. The hostel has posters up with useful information about things going on in Kyoto which led to us going to a couple things we wouldn't have otherwise known about. Don't stay anywhere else - this hostel is the best!!!

I had a great stay and a good feeling in the hostel

• 11th Apr 2015

Excellent stay. The staff is very helpful, the space is cosy and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and many bathrooms each floor. Very nice lounge and friendly people who comes there. Very good location, between railway station, Gion and Kyoto centre. I will come back next year. Thank you!

Great location, an easy walk from Kyoto station. Staff were very friendly and helpful when we arrived. Having a cafe next door is very helpful and the buffet breakfast was good value and delicious. Bathrooms were very clean.

I absolutely love love love K's hostel. You guys are always so kind and so helpful, especially Shin. Thank you, guys. I'll definitely come back.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

The room bed height is too short. But, the environment is clean and comfortable.

• 9th Apr 2015