Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I really enjoyed my stay at Kyoto's K's Hostel tremendously. Everything is easy and beautiful : great lounge, wonderful balcony, and a superb view from the roof terrace, very well located for an easy access for transportation, for some tourist sites or for a nice walk along the riverbank. Very friendly staff. Nice bar. Confortable beds and wonderful duvet blankets !

Decent spot near a JR station which is only a few stops from gion. Don't bother with the subway it's a long walk away and no cheaper than trains. Hostel was ok, it was clean and had everything you needed, although laundry facilties would have been good. Staff were friendly but there wasn't a great atmosphere

The location is quiet far from any train station, Can only be reached by bus... 15 mins walk from Kyoto station. The room are clean but the shared toilet are only ok. The male staff are very friendly other staff are ok. If you looking for a private room maybe pay a little more for somewhere closer to the station with better room. The people who stayed in the dorm looked very happy with the place though.

I've traveled around the world and this is easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Excellent location about 8 minutes walking from the Kyoto Station, friendly and excellent staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, and a chill environment. If I come back to Kyoto I'm coming back straight here. Definitely worth the value!

Very helpful staff, good English. Very clean and a nice "backpacker atmosphere" with a lot of young people :)

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Staff were excellent - English speaking and full of information. We stayed an extra night based on how good this hostel was.

Staff is the best. I feel that they are more friendly than K's house Kyoto. Thank you very much for your kind support especially Masa San.

nice place, nice staff.

The hostel in great. The only thing I did not like was air con blowing into my face (bunk bed). And the room we had (ground floor) was quite tiny and we could watch wall of the abutting building.

Clean and comfy place. Nice beds. Cool lounge area.

Clean and good facilities, nice atmosphere..and i love sitting on tatami in the living room. A bit walk from Kyoto station, but fine. Near to mini market (Lawson, mini stop) and also you can find some cheap meal here, you can ask the hotel the cheap restaurant list. And the staff very helpful. overall i love my 2 nights stay in this hostel.

On Saturday, one of the staff told us the nearest public bath which was closed on Saturdays. We walked there and it closed.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Everything was good except noise. I surely understand that travelers want to have chat with roommies until late hours, but all we should be little bit quite for others who wanna sleep in next room☺.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Theo hostel was great and the straff spoke excellent English. It's close to the station so it's a good choice if you want to do some side trips. Everything was clean, the room nice.

Really good place to stay.

Friendly and helpfull staff. Decent rooms and common areas, although the latter somewhat worn out. We stayed there for one night, group of 3, but wish we could have stayed longer. :-) We will definitely consider staying there if we go to Kyoto again. Close to central train station, less than 10 minutes walk.

nice staff, nice house.

This is a big, busy hostel near to the train station. A lot of the guests keep to themselves on their phone or computer in the living room, so it isnt such a good place if you want to meet people but nice otherwise. The guy on reception with the Spanish wife is excellent.

Better than hostel k tokyo and it is very near to the jr lines for easy travel to tourist hotspots.

I love K's house this is my second time staying with you guys and you are the best. Your staff are friendly,welcoming and all speak very good English. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7