Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Very big and clean. Short walk to Kyoto station, will stay here again

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Very clean and organized. Several social areas to meet other guests and a full bar down stairs. The staff there are amazing. Very, very helpful and actually had answers for every question I had and added local advice on where to go in Kyoto and how to do it. I can't say enough about this hostel and staff. I wish I could list all of the great people who helped me - Sally, Asae, all others at front desk /bartender (sorry, I don't remember all names!)

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great hostel, good location.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Bad thing: you need to pay for the computer

The rooms were nice but the wifi was a bit slow due to how far we were from a router. The tumble dryers weren't amazing but did the job. Overall a struggle to find anything wrong and even those points is just being picky! 10/10

The temperature in the bathrooms and shower rooms was too hot and humid. It felt like a sauna in there. You would come out of a shower and start sweating immediately. It seems there is inadequate extraction of steam/heat.

Definitely need to consider the maintenance of the ground floor Ensuite double rooms. There was a problem with a damp smell in the room, putting a bottle of Febreeze in the room is not the way to solve this issue. Also it would be worth moving the smoking area to a different place, not in the space between the two buildings. Perhaps also install some kind of extractor fan?

Great hostel, nice staff and good place to meet people while traveling solo

Very nice Hostel with lovely staff who is really helpful. And the atmosphere is really good because most people stay here for a couple of nights.

It's basically a hotel with bunk beds in the rooms. It is clean, safe and well located. The staff are polite and speak excellent english. If you're a first timer in Japan and looking for a place to stay while sightseeing with a group of friends it would be perfect... for solo travellers I would recommend looking for somewhere less impersonal.

• 16th Sep 2014

Clean, convenient and staff were very helpful. Would recommend :)

• 15th Sep 2014

Great hostel within easy walking distance of the station and the centre of town. Nice large communal area, good for meeting people.

It was kinda stuffy in the rooms, but had a great experience overall. There is a nice cafe / bar at the bottom and they have bike rentals. Staff was friendly as well.

You can't go wrong with the excellent reviews from thousands of travellers who have stayed with Kyoto K's House over the years. This is a western style hostel so there would not be any "Japanese feel" here. It's still my first choice of hostel in this area but for those seeking local stay experience, you have to search elsewhere.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Loved this place. As good of a hostel as you'll find: incredibly helpful staff, efficiently run, bar is somewhat pricy but an excellent night to meet travelers and start your evening. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Highly recommend. I lost a pair of shorts and they made every effort to find them, even though I had checked out earlier in the day and already moved on to my next destination.

Great place to meet other travellers, especially at the bar. Some of the staff are friendly. The rooms are incredibly clean. The air con is great. Located 5 minutes walk to Kyoto station which is very good for day trips. Bicycle hire is incredibly handy. The toilets however smell of urine.

A wonderful gem of a hostel hidden away on one of the alleys of Kyoto. I've stayed in quite a few of the K's House brand of hostels around Japan and they've yet to disappoint. Friendly and helpful staff, clean, cool design, value for your dosh, it's all there really. Only negative is that one time the staff were having a delicious hot pot dinner in the kitchen and they didn't invite me! Of course I won't mark them down for it coz i'm very nice like that

Wish I'd more time to stay there. Excellent hostel! Amazing staff! Thank you so much!

This hostel is simply too popular. It's o Lonely Planet. But it's not worth the money compared to the hostels we stayed in Nagoya and Tokyo.

I had a great time at the K's house! Very clean, very good location, and very nice staff! I would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7