Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I really loved the hostel. It gives this homey feeling even with the travellers, they were considerate.

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Malaysia

Had a great stay at K's House! The atmosphere was great - really fun, lots of fun people to hang out with in the common space and talk to in the evening. The staff did a good job reigning in the noise without killing the fun. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again. My room (8 person mixed) smelled a little weird; other than that, no complaints.

• 1st Feb 2016

The twin rooms are tiny, but we'll equipped with AC and a small TV, a desk is tightly squeezed in as well. The internet is absolutely terrible here. They have speed, but everything is routed through a server which is always breaking, so pages fail to load 9/10 times. Their IT guy needs to be fired. Aside from these things, Super helpful staff and clean friendly environment. The best place I've stayed in Kyoto in 3 visits.

I stayed here during my winter holidays in Japan, if i'll come back in Kyoto it will be here for few but important reasons: 1- Friendly and helpfull staff 2-Nice,clean, organized and relaxing place Thank you guys see you next time in Japan!

Everything was super clean and really nice. The kitchen and washing facilities were a very welcome surprise. The atmosphere was great and very social. I loved my stay here.

• 28th Jan 2016

Clean, fun.

My friends and I stayed here for only two nights but were super satisfied with our stay. When we decided at the last minute to stay in Kyoto for a while longer but no longer were staying at the hostel, they still held our stuff until 5:30 pm that day we checked out. Thanks Backpacker's K! Highly will return again.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Akahime

Staff really nice, good location and very very very recommended

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

proper good

• 22nd Jan 2016

Great facilities and super helpful staff - almost like being in a hotel. Also the bikes for hire are very cheap and a great way to see the city

nice place. been there twice. last time the ckeanliness was poor. stinky dorms.

Great place, pleasant atmosphere , excellent staff! Many thanks especially to Fu ( @ the front desk,who was very helpful and chatty early in the morning)and Toga(@ the bar ,very welcoming and kind)

Very clean. Close to Kyoto station. Would have liked some activities to get people together.

Stayed in a private room which was very similar to a hotel, just a shared bathroom. Common rooms were great, lots of people hanging around to meet and share traveling stories with. Laundry was great, ¥300 included washer, detergent and free use of dryer. Individual lockers for your shoes in the lobby so there is no worry about shoes going missing. Lots of helpful information on events, restaurants and sights available from staff and in lobby.

The facilities are very clean and nice, there is a big common are to meet people. Maybe my only complaint (and let this speak for how good this hostel is) was that there were people smoking in the restaurant part. Incredibly hospitable welcoming even though we arrived at 7 am in the morning in heavy snow. Wonderful!

Great hostel in kyoto. Rooms are clean and staff are friendly. There is a lot information available on things to do in the city. Walking distance to many attractions.

A truly excellent hostel for the solo traveller. Location is great, rooms are great and the common room is generally always buzzing with people.

Great hostel! Loved my room and was within walking distance to Kyoto Station to see castles and temples in the area. Spent evenings in the bar on premises as I was spending my days getting around to see sites.

• 19th Jan 2016

Lovely clean friendly hostel, made some great friends :)

Great place to stay, and one of the friendliest and most helpful staff I have met in my 51 years of backpacker travel. It was a first visit to Japan (after 14 years of airport stopovers, but never getting into the country !!) I WILL go back some day. I visited two "Transition Towns" (Osaka and Kyoto) and am so encouraged that so many people in so many countries are moving toward a sustainable and wholesome future. Thanks / Aligato, to all at K's. Stephan Brown, the Tumbleweed Traveler

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7