Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

If male and female's bath and shower room can be separated would be better.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

A clean and comfortable hostel with a good location. Thanks for offering us such a cozy place to rest in.

A very clean hostel with a good location. The bedroom, common room, and bathrooms are well maintained. Atmosphere is great for travellers as well. I will return again.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Rooms are clean and very comfortable. 10 minutes walk from Kyoto station. Very good hostel. They should place lockers in the room though.

혼자쓰는 방이라서 편하게 잘수있었지만 더럽다. 화장실과 욕실은 가본곳중에 최악이었던것 같다. 스태프는 괜찮았다

Everything they can do to make a great place to stay, they have done.

• 15th Nov 2014

Very well organised place. Staff is helpful, nice and quick. Lots of information. You get the right answers to all your questions. They even sell bus pass, stamps etc. We have never stayed in a hostel before, and we loved it.

• 13th Nov 2014

Staying at K`s in Kyoto was my first experience at this hostel. I absolutely loved it so much I booked a night at K`s Onsen Hostel in Ito. Very, very nice also...can`t wait to tell others about these wonderful places and wonderful people working there. I`m coming back.....aloha Jan from Big Island Hawai`i

• 13th Nov 2014

The night before we were due to check out, our next door neighbours were being noisy and were crashing about until 3am, only to start up again at about 7am. So as I didn't get much sleep I asked if I could have late check out even it was just an hour. While staff were apologetic they refused to accommodate this as they said they needed to clean the room (the next check in was 3pm, leaving them 2 hours to clean!). In spite of my trouble, they were not willing to provide any compensation.

• 13th Nov 2014

This was my family's first stay in a hostel. We were impressed by K's House's cleanliness, security, laundry, and posted information about recommended sites in Kyoto. The helpful staff gave great advice on an itinerary for the day and help with bus passes and routes of the place. They also assisted me in contacting a hotel in our next destination to clarify some scheduling changes. We also visited the attached Zen Cafe several times for breakfast and great gin and tonics after a full day.

• 11th Nov 2014

Staffs are super friendly. Very cheap to wash and dry clothes. Place is clean and convenient. Maybe the only thing needed to change is info on the wall (maps and stuff), they look pretty old :) but no other problems.

I had a great stay.

• 10th Nov 2014

The wireless access at the block beside the reception block is poor. I am using my own wifi device to access internet.

• Malaysia

A bit far from Kyoto train station walk, but well worth the walk or taxi drive. Excellent services, but have to put your shoes off and into a locker. Since it is located in a neighborhood, must keep the conversation noise down especially after 11:00 pm at night. Very good Western breakfast at Yen 780/person, from 8:00 am until noon.

4 Bed dorm was a little small, otherwise really friendly and helpful staff

We were disapointed when leaving our luggages before check-in time in the room not yet cleaned with blood in the bed. That affected our feeling of well-being in the room during our stay as there was no other room available.

• 8th Nov 2014

I stayed here three times. Situated in quiet area near Kyoto station and easy to find for foreign tourists . Staff can speak English, at least better than me! Rooms and bathroom are very clean. I checked in over 11 PM (usually check in time is untill 10 PM)b .But they didn't claim additional charge like other hostel in Kyoto. But this time, I could not sleep well because snore of the man next bed is tooooo loud! But this is not hostel's fault. Just a bad luck!

Kitchen wasn't too clean but the room and sheets were all good. Friendly helpful staff. Wifi wasn't great in the room but we were on the 5th floor so that might have been something to do with it.

Ks Kyoto was great. Clean, staff friendly and good location. Has a bar right next door that welcomed foreigners. We bought snacks at the local convenience store and rented movies to watch in the tv room. I loved the little things like being able to rent these movies and adapters. Great ramen place close by!!!

i booked private double room,the room is pretty small.quite far from kyoto station.

• 4th Nov 2014