Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

-Private locker for shoes is unnecessary. Its all about hygiene as shoes may become smelly & bacteria may be generated in a completely enclosed compartment. -Slippers best to be open top type. -Roof top area can be further furnished with decor & plant.

This place I would love to recommend people. I feel like I stay in a hotel. It is opened for everyone include family or big groups. We are really enjoy spending time over there. I am sure another trip, I will choose K house branches to stay.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I have never come across a hostel as nice as this one.

The best hostel I even stayed in.

room 307 doesn't smell good as the air-conditioner shout down, it smelled like sweat...but still acceptable actually

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

K's house is located close to Shichijo Station (Keihan Line) and to Kyoto Station, but is far from Teramachi/Kawaramachi shopping area, Yasaka Shrine and Gion District. It is very clean, safe, great staff and close to bus/subway lines. They organize free events on Tuesdays such as origami, shodo and go (Japanese chess). Very good atmosphere

Excellent hostel, well run, good facilities. Really couldn't fault them.

This place was amazing. All the usual high standards of a k house hostel, easy accessible and a bar (coffee house) complements the lounge area perfectly. I lost everything at a festival but the fantastic staff helped me contact the police and find it all (without making me feel worse than I already did). They also went with me to translate my thanks and apology to the couple who found my bag.

This isn't just some hostel, this is an establishment! Basically like a hotel but with bunk beds. I really liked staying here, everything was nice and clean and it is very close to the train station.

Amazing place to stay, and definitely a place I will recommend. Standard is way higher than average hostle. Both for dorms and double rooms!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Room was to small. TV in the second building was never used because to was placed in an inconvient position.

Good location and easy to find using their map. Very clean, nice staff helping with all questions. Big lockers, bike rental, kitchen, nice atmosphere. Highly recommended!

The Internet was absolutely terrible. It was 100% unusable in the evenings. The rooms were tiny, and we only had ONE outlet. What is that, really? My husband and I had to plug my laptop in, set it to not go to sleep, and charge our phones and backup phone batteries using my laptop's USB port. It was unacceptable. The good thing was that the hostel was within a 10 minute walk of Kyoto Station and the Keihan Line.

I loved my stay at Ks House Kyoto! The hostel was clean, the dorms were spacious, the common areas were comfortable and allowed you to meet other travelers and chat, play games etc. The staff were super helpful! And there was sooo much information around reception on things to do, see and eat. All the recommendations are good. The Zen Cafe is average, not much to choose from but lots of eating place nearby anyways. Awesome baggage sized lockers under the beds! Would definitely stay again!

建議室內拖鞋固定每人一雙,在入住時即每人固定,覺得每天穿不知道是誰穿過的鞋子,很不衛生。

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

We had to prolong our stay to ten days total. We were very happy to be able to stay with K's all the time. We therefore had to change rooms several times because they were (almost) fully booked. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

• 4th Jul 2014

Thanks for the stay. Everything was lovely and clean. Bit of a walk from the station, but close to small shops. A nice common room as well.

Helpful staff and good facilities. Issue with the air-con machine being located right by the top bunk bed. Had to switch it off during the night! Other than that, great stay!

I came here with my girlfriend in a double bed room. The bed was big, we had a TV and a prive bathroom + WC. I could have stayed the entire week in the room, if Hiroshima hadn't been such a pleasant city to visit ! The staff was really great, then lent me a book to learn some more japanese. I'd definitely go back there.

There is good condition about all of thing. Especially, i satisfied with renting service for umbrella. In my country, most of hotels isn't offering it.

• 2nd Jul 2014