Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Awesome place, really clean, modern, great location right near kyoto station. Staff were really helpful helping me book a hostel in osaka when my flight was delayed. There are families and couples and people just wanting a bed so i would not recommend it for atmosphere or meeting people. Really good stay, cheers!

I always visit K's house when I go to Kyoto. They are good at English so, it really helped.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Staff were very friendly and helpful, room itself did the job and showers etc were very clean. The roof top terrace and lounge were both great to hang out in too.

Location is good, staff is Eng influent. However, room is small and without curtain for dom

Maybe one floor for women,one for men? Mixed is difficult sometimes... And the dryer in the bekkan should be changed! The rest was all okay, well organized!

• 22nd Jul 2015

K's was a great place to stay. I stayed in a 4 person dorm and my roommates were great. There were cabinets under the bunks to store your stuff during the day and to enter your room you needed your room key. There was a livingroom area to hang out in and kitchen for cooking. Everyone was respectful and cleaned up after cooking. The entire hostel was clean, bathrooms, living areas, office.

I recommend this hostel. Overall a good experience here. No complaints at all.

this has to be one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in.

We stayed in a private room: it was clean, comfortable, with a beautiful view over the mountains and Kiyomizudera temple. It rained a lot one of the days we spent there and some umbrellas were available to guests: very practical. The hostel is pretty much close to Kyoto Station, but it if you have heavy luggage and the weather is hot, you'd better take a bus or a cab to get there.

• 15th Jul 2015

Nice place to stay, even with a family with kids (10 & 13) and the staff is very helpfull!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • French Guiana

Everything you need in a hostle

The hostal is really good, I would just tell the staff to be nicer ( the staff from the bar are always mad, the girl in the morning). Everything else is perfect I love it

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very friendly staff and a very welcoming environment; made a lot of friends in the hostel, super awesome

Cons: shower vent on 1st floor wasn't great, it was so incredibly hot, I practically needed a shower after I had just gotten out. The 1st floor smelled like some kind of old cooked food. My room stunk of the same old damp stale smell. I got a bit of a stomach ache from it. I wish there were tissues in the restrooms, paper towels or air dryer unit after washing hands. Pros however, excellent staff!! They helped me w/ places to site see & helped me find packing materials for a fragile item.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great place to stay friendly helpful staff who speak good English

• 11th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

is not good air con near the head of the people all the night, easy take a cold ((

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Everyting was perfect, one of the best hostels I have been to.

Awesome hostel, nothing negative to say, definitely recommend to everyone, easy to find, close to station, clean, friendly staff.

Super friendly and super clean!! Just the community area or where people can eat and hangout wasn't clean. I'm not sure how that can be fixed b/c many people used that area. Beds and rooms were awesome and cooling system worked super all day in the rooms. The staff would even scrub the ceiling and did super well in getting rid of any feet odors everywhere especially where shoes were kept . I just wished you were located downtown 😭

Excellent location not far from train station. Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! Constantly being cleaned and all guests are expected to respect that (shoes off - slippers provided). Free umbrellas if it rains. Big common room great place to meet other travelers. The Zen cafe downstairs is good for buffet breakfast if you're hung over otherwise there's a McDonald's by the river 5 min walk away if you want more for your money

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7