Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Came to LA for business. This was great location close to train. Beds were comfortable. Nice bathroom with hot shower. Comp breakfast was added bonus. $5.00 Sunday dinner was great.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was pretty on top of things. Seemed like there were lots of group activities, but nothing for under 21

The shuttle from LAX cost $14, it was 3:30am, I got service like it was 11am. It was absolutely perfect, I have zero complaints and will DEFINITELY book there again!!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Jamaica

Only stayed for one night, but it was Friday and I joined for the night out in Hollywood. Had a blast and would definitely recommend as a party hostel.

Had a good experience at the banana

I really liked this hostel. Cozy place, nice staff!

I loved my stay here at the Banana Bungalow. The location is great. The staff were fun. The activities were cool too. Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

2nd time at this hostel, 1st time was ok but things seemed to have improved this time as hostel seemed cleaner & more organised. Great location on Hollywood boulevard, good free breakfast, & a comfy clean bed. Happy with everything & will return next time in LA. Thanks

Loved this hostel! Helpful staff booked day tours, transfers etc. great breakfast. Organised night activities were great for socialising! Free alcohol and karaoke is always a win. Would recommend

Staff sometimes was too preoccupate on having fun than hellping One of the cleanest hostels Ive ever been

The staff here is amazing! people are so chill here, I was able to make so many new friends that sadly I have to say bye to, I would definetly recommend this hostel to anyone who is traveling to LA

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Location was great, right near everything. Events were decent. The reception staff apon arrival and departure were just plain rude. Tip the bloke at the convenient store across the rd. Hes a legend. He deals with all type of riff raff and still puts on a happy face.

Absolutely loved my stay, the staff were so friendly, the facilities were great and it was so easy to meet new people there. Location was perfect with lots of things easily walkable or by buses

Great hostel with friendly staff! The room was clean everyday what is good and the breakfast was little but enough.

• 29th Jan 2015

Fun hostel located in Hollywood! Would not recommend to anyone looking for peace and quiet, definitely high energy and party orientated. They have awesome events on most days and nights, perfect for anyone not wishing to stay in Downtown LA and who doesn't mind parties in the inner driveway/courtyard until late most nights.

It was a great stay and if you don't know anyone just participate of any activity they are cheap and you will meet lots of cool people.

• 14th Jan 2015

Really good rooms. I had a kitchen and bathroom in my six bed mixed dorm. Everyone is really friendly. I got there early and was able to leave my bag there until my room was available.

The hostel has great location, communicative staff and very helpful. All the staff are solicitous to serve you and make your ride the best. The perfect price. They give towel and clean and smelling bedding. But the accommodation ... It happened that in my room, there were many cheap (insects) I killed 3:01 friend killed another. It made me sick. I did not warn anyone, for she was leaving. Kind Regards.

Location is good but I felt a bit unsafe walking back to the hostel by myself in the dark. The rooms are okay, the fact they include their own bathroom and kitchen is a bonus. They're not the cleanest but its bearable. Beds were decent, but make sure you ask for a blanket when you check in as they only give you sheets by default. There are lots of hostel activities that are often really cheap which was great. I went to Disneyland on a tour organised for me by the hostel and it was fantastic.

I booked for 6 beds and when I checked in they put me in 8 beds when I asked them why they say it is the same prices and we want to keep you with your friend. It was ridiculuos because tge prices are different and when I booked there are rooms for 2 persons on the 6 beds. The hostel is noisey till late night tgere are parties and people do lots if noisey things.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4