Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

So nice I extended my stay for the rest of the week! Then again, it also really depends on the company.

Really enjoyed our very first stay in a hostel!!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very good atmosphere. Lots of young people looking to party, which was exactly what we wanted. Good size room with private bathroom and kitchen.

Excellent hostel, great facilities and party room. Would go back there!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I didn't exactly have the most pleasant stay - the staff were having their own conversations with others in reception while I was checking in, the breakfast was minimal, I wasn't really told about the facilities available and I came back to my room at 1am to find someone in my bed and a note on the door saying 'Angela, please come to reception ASAP'. I had been moved rooms without notice so had to collect my stuff (which was all across the room), remake my bed etc. which was very inconvenient.

The staff worked together to provide great service! Each individual was helpful, minus the guy checking us in. Breakfast was fantastic, and the atmosphere was great! I appreciated that we did not need to worry about what time we came in at night. Parking was rough. We usually had to park right next to the facility as the lot was full at night. Still, definitely a secure area and worth your money. I recommend this hostel, and I look forward to future visits.

Very cool place has its own parking inside. hostel room had kitchen and bathroom. nice towels fluffy unlike most places. Laundry on site and breakfast. It's near the Hollywood sign. The guy who checked me in I think Oscar was his name explained everything well and was cool about everything. This is a great value one of the best I've been to.

Very well run hostel. Good events! The beds were awful though....

The property itself is not bad the rooms are decent and well furnished although the blinds are destroyed in most of the rooms and privacy is not present. They have a good shuttle service and decent food. However, the staff are terrible: unhelpful, rude and only interested in hitting on female guests. Although there was too large a number of staff on the property (there were actually too many compared to the guests) present in the property they were not doing their job properly.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Greece

Really great place to stay! Lovely staff and lovely people, great for a solo traveller. Had good security and comfy enough beds with hot showers. Can't complain at all!

Easily the best hostel I've stayed at . Staff were great , breakfast and dinner good and great location . Will come back for sure .

Hostel clean and tidy. As the rooms all have individual kitchens it's not as social as some of the other hostels i have stayed in. Good amount of activities going on, and hostel organises free shuttle rides to various places too which is really good. On Hollywood boulevard but will take about 30 minutes to walk to the main theatres etc. much better location than the west Hollywood banana bungalows.

I love the banana bungalows!. This was my 2nd time here & there is always a great vibe!. Rooms are awesome with your own kitchen & bathroom in a 6 person dorm. Close walking distance to certain sites and easy to drive anywhere from here. Breakfast included is a bonus and the day / nightly activities are great!. One of my fav hostels!.

If you really need o try downtown, being on tour all day, this might be okay. Else there basically atmosphere

Great atmosphere and reall good fun. Staff were really helpful and they work hard to keep everyone happy and really enjoyed the different nights of entertainment they put on. And the rooms were clean and fresh. Would defiantly stay there again and highly recommend any one else to

• 14th Jul 2015

The hostel was nice with good location on the end of walk of fame. The breakfast was a bit late and one day they have forgotten to order breakfast so there were nothing to eat except cereal.

Great fun and good choice of nightlife activities, highly recommend for your LA stay.

• 12th Jul 2015

Awesome atmosphere here. Met a lot of people here that ended up extending because it was so good. Will always stay here while in LA.

The Hostel should change the password for the front door more often, because you get homeless and weirdos in there.

The most important thing you have to keep in mind before booking this hostel is that it is a party hostel. There a lot of activities involving a high volume of booze. I personally liked it because it's one of the reasons why I booked it. It's a bit pricy though but hostels in LA are generally expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5