8.7
Fabulous 1,608 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,608 Total Reviews
Banana Bungalow Hollywood Located at 5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 90028 5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood
87% 1608
34.1013398 -118.3188271
    Rooms available

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
18th May 2016
3.7

I had a very bad time at this hostel. Only mixed dorms when I booked, very disrespectful guys, I had to ask to change rooms every night. Bathroom where groos, the water wouldn't keep the heat.. same as carpet. The food was good but that's it. I'll never recommend this place to a friend.

17th May 2016

Great place. Awesome location and value for money, unfortunately there were this strange guy in our room, very unpolite and impatient like he was the owner of the room. Except that, we had a perfect time during our stay in this hostel, and in the following night, there was this awesome karaoke night. I would certainly stay in this hostel again if I come back to LA.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
17th May 2016

Awesome Hostel. A lot of party and amazing people. Great property and very clean rooms and the location is very nice too.

• kelsey94
  • Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
17th May 2016

Free breakfasts, taco dinner and free drinks for a night while we were there made it really great! Especially on a backpackers budget. A short walk from the walk of fame and the metro station. Really helpful staff 👍

• England, Female, 18-24
11th May 2016
6.3

I had read online that it was a party hostel but I did not expect such loud music after 11.30pm, I was on the opposite side to the bar and it was still crazy loud. This happened every night I was there apart from the Saturday but instead people played basketball till really late. It's in a decent area if all you want to do is Hollywood Tourist stuff but bear in mind that even a 2 mile bus journey can take up to an hour! They did have name brand stuff for breakfast though.

• England, Male, 31-40
10th May 2016

Outstanding hostel - one of the best I have stayed in. Very minor issues with cleanliness be t otherwise fine

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th May 2016

This is an excellent hostel! Everyone is super friendly and the atmosphere is great. Free breakfast every day and $5 dinners 3 times a week were good- nothing super fancy but did the job and were also a great way to meet more people. There's a pin code to get into the hostel from the street and each dorm requires a swipe card. The only security downside was that there were only 2 full-size lockers in my dorm of 6 beds (the other 4 were just big enough for the essentials) but I always felt safe.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th May 2016

When I stay in hostels I want to meet fun travellers. Banana Bungalow was the perfect place for doing just that. They organise events most nights (including a free shuttle to their sister hostel in West Hollywood for a free burger and beer night). The dorm room and bathroom were nothing special, but for me that didn't matter as I was too busy having fun with exploring LA by day and going out to amazing nightclubs of an evening. AMAZING CLUBS: Dirty Laundry & No Vacancy (just up the road).

• USA, Couple, 25-30
7th May 2016

Great hostel! Friendly staff, walking distance to TCL Chinese Theater, connections at the front desk to other activities and sights. It was awesome!

6th May 2016

I definitely loved this place. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The middle common area is the best I was always there hanging out with people and drinking beer...meeting new people and having a great time. I highly recommend it :)