Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

It was just a few days but it was amazing! I recommended for everybody!

• 17th Dec 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location in Hollywood and very easy to get to downtown LA. Probably the best party hostel I've stayed at in the last three months so it's very easy to meet people, plus they do free food and drinks some nights

Very useful computer rooms, nice staff, the hostel provides lots of activities to do like beer nights, however, I would avoid staying in the Hollywood area in general because it is disgusting, boring, and lame. Not like the movies, but a great hostel!!! would recommend.

• 8th Dec 2014

The Banana Bungalow Hostel is the best Hostel I've ever been to so far. The staff is very nice and willing to help you with everything. The atmosphere is fantastic and there are always some free or low-cost activities you could join in. The dorms are simple and unfortunately not that clean, but I would consider it as average for a Hostel.

• 6th Dec 2014

This place was fantastic. Everything i could want as a seasoned round the world traveller. Cheap washing with free powder. Good breakfast, free dinner and drinks on wednesday! seriously amazing. and the karaoke wasn't half bad as well :) clean big room with internal kitchen, although i didn't have to use it as i got so much included food from the hostel. great social areas and activities and good information on what is happening around hollywood. Have already sent people this way.

breakfast could have been improved!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Our room felt like it needed a good clean. I don't think it was cleaned once in the whole 6 nights we stayed, so the carpet was filthy and there was rubbish all around the room. The bathroom floor kept flooding and there were just towels thrown down to clear up the mess so it was constantly damp. The only mirror in the whole 8 bed dorm was in the bathroom which meant it was constantly busy, would be nice to have a few facilities in the rooms. Lots of night time activities to choose from though.

Rooms are clean and I like the kitchen attached to rooms

Great hostel, good value, good vibes

Location was perfect and having a garage helped us a lot. At night room became chilly, that would have been better if they had turned on heater.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Turkey

A very cool, laid-back atmosphere which is always full of friendly people- putting any solo traveller at ease. The staff are very helpful and the organised trips on offer are great as there is always something to do. The rooms are quite dirty, but Iv seen worse. The only thing I would recommend, is opening the tiki garden and bar every night, as there are the only places to socialise with other guests, however I went in winter, so maybe there's more stuff going on at night in the summer?

• 20th Nov 2014

The hostel staff are very friendly, close to downtown and shops area. It really worth what I paid for !!

The hostel was generally okay, except for the staff that was quite unhelpful and rude. They didn't inform or help with any other business than hostel activities. But the long-haired breakfast guy was great! Other than that, the rooms were nice and well equipped. Also the beverages we're very low-prized!

Second visit. Excellent. Please read my review.

Definately worth a stay at this place :)

This hostel is in a good location - close to the red line, great hike to the observatory and on Hollywood Bvd. The rooms were okay, but had very small lockers. There are lots of activities, so if you're traveling alone this is a great place to meet people. The staff are friendly and helpful as well.

Super happy I chose this place! everyone from the staff to other guests were fun and always helpful. Loved the kitchen and TV being all in your room. Will definitely be back next time I'm in LA.

Staff are very rude! Dorms are dirty and it was a very unpleasant stay !!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

I booked and paid for my night here in advance and when I turned up for check in, they had no record of my booking (even though I was physically in the office the evening before to book), so they had taken my money but had no room for me. Furthermore, I found them to be incredibly unhelpful and unapologetic for their mistake, and no one bothered to follow up with me even after promising and me trying to follow up. Will never ever book banana bungalow again

• 5th Nov 2014

Everything is run down a bit, works and is clean but not as awesome as other hostels. We had an old guy who snored loud and burned stuff in the kitchen at six every day, pretty sure he was living there. Car parking is nice, but you have to leave your keys at the desk and they will give them out to whoever (various staff I hadn't seen let me go back and pick my keys out). My car is bad so i didn't care. Bring your own blankets, they just give you sheets.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4