Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Walking distance from all the hollywood blvd excitement. Great value for the money. Would stay again!

• 17th Oct 2014

I had a good 3 nights at Banana Bungalow. Bed was reasonably comfy, however I spent the first couple of nights freezing as only sheets were provided. I loved that the room had it's own kitchen/dining area and ensuite, however the lockers in the room were tiny and power points accessible from the top bunks would have been nice. The staff at meals and evening events were incredible plus there was a great social environment.

I rarely right reviews but I LOVED banana bungalow hollywood. The staff was so friendly, they even knew me by name and constantly were making recommendations. The place has free parking wifi and breakfast, its in the heart of hollywood, they constantly have stuff going on, the travelers that stay there are chill, it's pretty secure, and very clean. If you're looking for something long term you can even stay there for free if you work 20 hours a week. Honestly, I enjoyed staying in too much!

We had booked to stay here 6 nights, we stayed 2. On the 2nd day we established that even with a padlock on them you can still open the lockers. That night my boyfriend got bitten all over by bed bugs!! The next day we told the staff member available we were leaving. We told him why. We had to return twice to get a refund. And their solution to the locker issue was us a bigger lock.

Very good hostel. The breakfast and the wi-fi network could be better.

Love it here, people are super nice and friendly. A lot of free stuffs gave away. Not too expensive and get more than toucan ask for. Two thums up.

A great place to stay. Highly recmended. Staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Location is good.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Austria

It was a fun stay!

Well situated blocks from Hollywood action, Banana Bungalow is excellent value for dollar at a prime location in Los Angeles. The bed was comfortable, the kitchen was a nice touch, and the place has a pleasantly laid back atmosphere.

We enjoyed our stay here. The location is great if you want to be near Hollywood. Free breakfast which is toast & cereal. Coffee tank needs to be disposed of though as is old & disgusting! Overall place could do with a clean up, we had ants in the room too as they have a kitchen in each room, which I think is a bad idea as people just leave food out & rooms are not cleaned very well regulary. But it is still an ok place to stay & we enjoyed the atmosphere.

• 18th Sep 2014

Awesome place to stay with lots of activities organised by the staff, who were all super friendly and helpful! Only drama is the poor/non existent air conditioners. Other than that a great place to stay in LA.

Coolest place in LA

Great social atmosphere loved staying here

good hostel, location is great and awesome party atmosphere! also steyed in the WeHo one.

Hollywood is a dump but this is still a reasonably central location to be in. Pretty much as good as a hostel gets: TVs and kitchen in every room, events every day, shuttles to the beach, friendly staff etc. They should probably treat their driver better though, sounds like he has to work really long hours

Nice place to stay in L.A. ;-)

• 6th Sep 2014

The hostel is nice, they try to keep you busy with activities day and evening. The facilities are mostly clean, but on my last day I saw a few cockroaches in the kitchen and ants in the bathroom.

SO MUCH FUN. I made so many friends at this hostel and i really think its down to the amazing staff going out of their way to get everyone involved, I have stayed in hostels since and the atmosphere just has not been the same. The tipsy tour is a great idea and a good way of getting people involved. Ara and the thai or philipino guy that did breakfast some days were very informative of all the events going on its nice that the staff remember everyones names. Free Tacos was a good idea.

The stay was OK but there were a few small cockroaches in the kitchen. I believe this is due to the people we were staying with as there were dirty dishes in the sink. There was also a lot of noise from the occupants of the other rooms who were coming back from nightclubs. Fortunately we were so exhausted that we were not too bothered by the noise. Finally, the personnel did not help much to rent a car or to pay anything locally with local credit cards.

Our room was super dirty and gross, we had an infestation of ants, all over the cutlery and inside the drawers in the kitchen. The staff came to try and sort it out but there were still small ants crawling everywhere, so needless to say we didn't cook in the kitchen as they were fully booked and unable to move us to another room. The staff weren't super helpful but they were OK. There was very loud music playing late at night right next to all the rooms, ( till between 11 and midnight).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4