8.7
Fabulous 1,542 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,542 Total Reviews
Banana Bungalow Hollywood Located at 5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 90028 5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood
87% 1542
34.1013398 -118.3188271
    Rooms available

• alexwilton92
  • Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2016

Amazing, the only word needed to describe this hostel. What a great way to end my 5 weeks in the states. Everything you need is at the hostel and it is in a great location. The night activities put on are great to interact with the other guests. Only bad thing I'd say would be the shower had a mind of its own, going from hot to freezing quickly. But hey a cold shower wakes you up. I'll happily book banana bungalow if I visit LA again. Thanks guys .

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Apr 2016
4.0

We stayed in the private room with ensuite. It was one of the loudest rooms I have ever stayed in. The ceiling seemed to be paper thin and any movement in the room above seemed to be extreme! Although I'm pretty sure there was a dance party going above our room. All good though, it stopped at 1am, so we were able to get some sleep..... Until 5am when the party started again. Not worth the money, wouldn't stay again.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

Meet some great people here and would definitely recommend it to people in the future

• Canada, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2016

I really enjoyed my 3 nights. The fact that the common room is an interior but opened to the outdoor parking lot, makes people just go outside and hangout together. At the other hostels I've bee to, everyone was going out to hang out but Banana Bungalow is pretty chill to hang out until whenever you want! I loved the activities that were organized and there were at leadt three per day! All the facilities that I would have expected. Had a blast and made good friends.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Having gone to the wrong hostel initially (there are two Banana Bungalows in LA) where we were given directions to the correct one by a helpful member of staff. When we arrived at the correct address we were assisted by a member of staff in finding a parking space and checked in quickly which was good as it was 2am! The room was fine and bedding was comfortable. The free breakfast until 11am was great! The member of staff who checked us out was really friendly too.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2016
6.9

You get what you pay for! It's an okay location but sometimes seemed pretty far away from everything, and the streets surrounding the hostel are a bit dangerous. Lots of my uber drivers warned me to be careful in the area as I was a female travelling alone. The water also smelt weird from the pipes... Otherwise I enjoyed my few days here and it did the trick.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2016

Fantastic place to stay!All the staff were lovely and helpful. It's perfect location for exploring Hollywood-only 5 minute walk away from the famous walk of fame!We booked and stayed in a double private room and had our own kitchenette and bathroom. If you do book a double room it comes with an extra single bed at no extra cost(don't worry they won't put someone extra in your room :) ) The only bad points of this hostel is the Internet from your room is bad and the shower pressure is very low.

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

First time at a hostel but it was amazing! So many activities and everything was super secure and great!

• South Africa, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

Amazing people, amazing surrounding, awesome trsportation and value for money! Would recommend to anyone!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Apr 2016

I had a wonderful stay at Banana Bungalow Hollywood at the beginning of April. I stayed in a co-ed 8 bunk room and shared a bathroom with the other hostellers. I had a lot planned around LA and the staff at the front desk helped with bus schedules and recommended routes to my destinations. The bathroom was fine but could get "worn" considering 8 people were using it. One morning the tub was not draining- I found a wad of hair blocking the drain. Once this was resolved- the water was great!