Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

This hostel is in a good location - close to the red line, great hike to the observatory and on Hollywood Bvd. The rooms were okay, but had very small lockers. There are lots of activities, so if you're traveling alone this is a great place to meet people. The staff are friendly and helpful as well.

Super happy I chose this place! everyone from the staff to other guests were fun and always helpful. Loved the kitchen and TV being all in your room. Will definitely be back next time I'm in LA.

Staff are very rude! Dorms are dirty and it was a very unpleasant stay !!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Everything is run down a bit, works and is clean but not as awesome as other hostels. We had an old guy who snored loud and burned stuff in the kitchen at six every day, pretty sure he was living there. Car parking is nice, but you have to leave your keys at the desk and they will give them out to whoever (various staff I hadn't seen let me go back and pick my keys out). My car is bad so i didn't care. Bring your own blankets, they just give you sheets.

Need soap and paper towels in rooms but otherwise all very good

Amazing. Everybody was very hospitable and helpful and the vibe of the place was awesome. It was literally a party every night and everybody was socialising and hanging out until all hours of the morning. Would definitely come here again. Definitely recommended!

I had a great time at the Banana Bungalow. Plenty of fun activities including an open bar karaoke night and free tacos! Found cockroaches in my room though but still worth the stay.

Location and price was good. However this is not a good place to stay if you plan on sleeping. For 3 nights I had to sleep with earplugs due to people partying out in the courtyard. Thought the bathroom was absolutely disgusting- definitially not cleaned very often. Not to mention the blocked sink AND blocked shower

Awesome hostel. Staff are friendly and are informative. Location is great - on Hollywood blvd but down the end..didn't feel so safe going back by myself at night, but that's more me than the hostel itself. The tipsy tour and shuttles to theme parks are worth every penny and I will defiantly stay there again

• 20th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Well located for access to key tourist attractions but a somewhat rundown area of town. Lacking common space for guests who want to relax instead of party. Very noisy at night.

Walking distance from all the hollywood blvd excitement. Great value for the money. Would stay again!

• 17th Oct 2014

I had a good 3 nights at Banana Bungalow. Bed was reasonably comfy, however I spent the first couple of nights freezing as only sheets were provided. I loved that the room had it's own kitchen/dining area and ensuite, however the lockers in the room were tiny and power points accessible from the top bunks would have been nice. The staff at meals and evening events were incredible plus there was a great social environment.

An activity every night. One of the best hostel I stayed at. A place to meet people, chill out or party.

I rarely right reviews but I LOVED banana bungalow hollywood. The staff was so friendly, they even knew me by name and constantly were making recommendations. The place has free parking wifi and breakfast, its in the heart of hollywood, they constantly have stuff going on, the travelers that stay there are chill, it's pretty secure, and very clean. If you're looking for something long term you can even stay there for free if you work 20 hours a week. Honestly, I enjoyed staying in too much!

We had booked to stay here 6 nights, we stayed 2. On the 2nd day we established that even with a padlock on them you can still open the lockers. That night my boyfriend got bitten all over by bed bugs!! The next day we told the staff member available we were leaving. We told him why. We had to return twice to get a refund. And their solution to the locker issue was us a bigger lock.

Very good hostel. The breakfast and the wi-fi network could be better.

Love it here, people are super nice and friendly. A lot of free stuffs gave away. Not too expensive and get more than toucan ask for. Two thums up.

A great place to stay. Highly recmended. Staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Location is good.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Austria

It was a fun stay!

Well situated blocks from Hollywood action, Banana Bungalow is excellent value for dollar at a prime location in Los Angeles. The bed was comfortable, the kitchen was a nice touch, and the place has a pleasantly laid back atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4